Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,541 members, 7,837,079 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:31 PM

NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 - Jobs/Vacancies (158) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 (743651 Views)

Kpmg Graduate Trainee Aptitude Test 2015 / Schlumberger/mi Swaco Aptitude Test On 6/6/2014. Let's Meet Here! / Nnpc Aptitude And Knowledge Test (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) ... (195) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by Rizin: 9:03pm On Apr 12, 2015
babacha:

U are not prilinctus but warm ur brain with this.
What is the total capacity in barrel(bbl) of a rectangular tank 5 meters in height knowing that it will hold 200 leters per foot?

1 Like

Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by KINGTELLER: 9:03pm On Apr 12, 2015
lobito007:
It is so appauling that this thread which is supposed to be educating and enlightening as we prepare for the intervew has been taken over by immaturity and infantry. From dwelling so much on grammatical blunders, to value-eroding discussions, and insults. No one is talking about likely interview questions. No one is looking out for a fellow who share their major to discuss field-specific questions that may arise during the interview. You all should take a cue from the NLNG thread. Before you make a post, you should ask yourself if an HR rep from NNPC would consider you employable after reading such. Please let's make this thread meaningful again.

Mechanical engineering GT hopefuls, how is your prep? I am expecting questions from thermodynamics, int comb engines, Eng design, strength of materials, turbo-machinery and fluid mechanics. What's your take?
Men !! that fluid mechanics is something I might have forgotten oo... Hope they wont ask one one to start deriving formulars on viscous flow in pipes under shear stress and pressure?
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by babacha: 9:09pm On Apr 12, 2015
lobito007:
It is so appauling that this thread which is supposed to be educating and enlightening as we prepare for the intervew has been taken over by immaturity and infantry. From dwelling so much on grammatical blunders, to value-eroding discussions, and insults. No one is talking about likely interview questions. No one is looking out for a fellow who share their major to discuss field-specific questions that may arise during the interview. You all should take a cue from the NLNG thread. Before you make a post, you should ask yourself if an HR rep from NNPC would consider you employable after reading such. Please let's make this thread meaningful again.

Mechanical engineering GT hopefuls, how is your prep? I am expecting questions from thermodynamics, int comb engines, Eng design, strength of materials, turbo-machinery and fluid mechanics. What's your take?

This interesting, I have been looking for mech eng guys, not forgeting rotating equipments as well.
There are some questions I have been ask in several interview as a mechanical engineer, let's share it here. The questions are
What is the different between 4 stroke and 2 stroke engine?
What is the firing order of a 4 cylinder engine?
What are the laws of Thermodynamics.

No comment is wrong, let's share idears mech engineers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by lobito007(m): 9:16pm On Apr 12, 2015
Switlife:

My broda the questions may not be that technical, maybe 1 or 2 though. Be rest assured that it will be CV based and it will proceed in line with the direction of your answers.

For instance:
Q: Which subsidiary would you like to work in and why?

Q: You said you prefer to work in IDSL. Tell us how you would explain to an uncle in the village, the importance of IDSL?

Q: You studied Agric. Econs. Can u tell us how renewable energy can affect the agricultural sector; the opportunities and the likely challenges.

One funny one could be: as you walk in and have finished greeting the panel. One of them may just ask u with a stone cold look, ''What are u doing here?!'' loool. This one is sure to throw some ppl off balance. cheesy
Interesting. Thanks for the insight. Obviously you were an interviewee. Did you make the cut?
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by lobito007(m): 9:19pm On Apr 12, 2015
KINGTELLER:

Men !! that fluid mechanics is something I might have forgotten oo... Hope they wont ask one one to start deriving formulars on viscous flow in pipes under shear stress and pressure?
Derive formular?? No way! We can only be asked to state some basic principles like Bernoulli's.
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by KINGTELLER: 9:21pm On Apr 12, 2015
babacha:

This interesting, I have been looking for mech eng guys, not forgeting rotating equipments as well.
There are some questions I have been ask in several interview as a mechanical engineer, let's share it here. The questions are

Four stroke engine performs 4 cycle process of gas (Intake, Compression, combustion and exhaust)
The firing order of 4 cyclinder engine adopts the 4 cycles process though applying carnot cycle process to reducess energy loss by adiabatic process
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by babacha: 9:22pm On Apr 12, 2015
uyosolo:

hmm Babacha,wit dis ur aboki name,u r one of doz fightin western education...abeg i no get dat time to correct all doz ur many errors...shey u cn see nw,wen ur mates whr inside english class,u whr ontop mango tree,pluckin mango 2eat...dnt quote me again,if nt we wud ask u to produce ur original certificate

Guy I be full delta guy o, and I be mech eng to the core and I can defend it to any level, not just the theory but the practical. Mech eng flows in my blood, is like a food I eat every day cos my work every two weeks in a month revolve around it. Especially diesel engine and rotating equipments
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by lobito007(m): 9:35pm On Apr 12, 2015
babacha:

Nice one bro. 2-stroke engines do not have valves and fire once every revolution, unlike 4-stroke engines which fire once every two revolutions.
Firing order of a 4-cylinder engine: varies depending on the type of engine. However, most engines now run on 1-3-4-2

2 Likes

Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by lobito007(m): 9:43pm On Apr 12, 2015
Here's a question I was asked at an interview: Why is diesel engine preferred to petrol engine in heavy-duty vehicles?
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by babacha: 9:47pm On Apr 12, 2015
KINGTELLER:

Four stroke engine performs 4 cycle process of gas (Intake, Compression, combustion and exhaust)
The firing order of 4 cyclinder engine adopts the 4 cycles process though applying carnot cycle process to reducess energy loss by adiabatic process

To add to what u have said on the first question, 4 stroke engine do not use spark plug while 2 stroke engine use spark plug, in 4 stroke ur piston will move down and the inlet valve will open for air to enter the combustion chember( 1 stroke intake), then the inlet valve will close and the piston will move up to compress the air(2 stroke compression) when air is compress it becomes hot. At this point the nozzle will spray fuel into the hot air in the chamber and combustion will take place, the combustion gas will push the piston down ( 3 stroke power stroke or combustion), then the outlet valve will open and the piston will move up again to push out the exhaust gas( 4 stroke exhuast)

2 Likes

Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by KINGTELLER: 9:50pm On Apr 12, 2015
babacha:

U are not prilinctus but warm ur brain with this.
What is the total capacity in barrel(bbl) of a rectangular tank 5 meters in height knowing that it will hold 200 leters per foot?
Solution:
1 Litre per foot= 304.8m
200 Lpf (200×304.8 ) = 60960m
60960×5 (H of rect) = 304800m cubic
since 1bbl = 0.158m cubic
304800/0.158= 1929112 bbl
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by KINGTELLER: 9:56pm On Apr 12, 2015
babacha:

Guy I be full delta guy o, and I be mech eng to the core and I can defend it to any level, not just the theory but the practical. Mech eng flows in my blood, is like a food I eat every day cos my work every two weeks in a month revolve around it. Especially diesel engine and rotating equipments
So u be Delta, ehen naa u I go dey compete slot with abi... Make I go jack more studies... which side of delta are u from
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by Caucasian: 10:00pm On Apr 12, 2015
cry kiss grin grin grin
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by babacha: 10:01pm On Apr 12, 2015
lobito007:

Nice one bro. 2-stroke engines do not have valves and fire once every revolution, unlike 4-stroke engines which fire once every two revolutions.
Firing order of a 4-cylinder engine: varies depending on the type of engine. However, most engines now run on 1-3-4-2

2 stroke engine have 2 valves that open and close for a mixture of fuel and air to enter the chember for exhaust gas to go out, 2 strok engine do not have intak and compression stroke. The carburetor mix the fuel and air and as both enter the combustion chember, the spark plug ignite the combustion, so u only have power and exhuast stroke.

The firing order of a 4 cylinder engine are 1,3,4,2 or 1,2,4,3 depending on the designer. The reason is that piston 1 and 4 move together at thesame time and piston 2 and 3 move together at thesame

1 Like

Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by babacha: 10:04pm On Apr 12, 2015
KINGTELLER:

Solution:
1 Litre per foot= 304.8m
200 Lpf (200×304.8 ) = 60960m
60960×5 (H of rect) = 304800m cubic
since 1bbl = 0.158m cubic
304800/0.158= 1929112 bbl

Not correct, try one more time
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by Nobody: 10:05pm On Apr 12, 2015
lobito007:
Here's a question I was asked at an interview: Why is diesel engine preferred to petrol engine in heavy-duty vehicles?

From an economic point of view, diesel burns slower than pms and therefore lasts longer. Diesel also acts as a lubricant thus prolonging the life of the machine.
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by babacha: 10:07pm On Apr 12, 2015
KINGTELLER:

So u be Delta, ehen naa u I go dey compete slot with abi... Make I go jack more studies... which side of delta are u from

I be isoko guy, isoko south. No worry all of us go enter nnpc forget the slot sharing matter
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by babacha: 10:15pm On Apr 12, 2015
lobito007:

Diesel engine are usually more stronger and more durable when compare to petrol engine. Diesel engine power stroke are usually more stronger and they can withstand heavy load

1 Like

Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by KINGTELLER: 10:17pm On Apr 12, 2015
babacha:

Not correct, try one more time

Modify:
1Lpf = 0.00328 m sq ................ conver 1
1bbl = 0.119 cubic meter...........conver 2

from conver 1, get the conversion of of the 200Lpf and multiply by height to get volumetric

200 × 0.00328=0.656m sq
0.656×5 (Height of rect) =3.28 cubic m

Divide the cubic meter with convers 2 to get the no. of barrel

3.28/0.119= 27.56 barrel (bbl)
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by prelinctus: 10:19pm On Apr 12, 2015
This thread is taking a boring dimension. undecided
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by babacha: 10:25pm On Apr 12, 2015
lobito007:

Guy u too much
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by UnknownT: 10:29pm On Apr 12, 2015
uyosolo:

hmm Babacha,wit dis ur aboki name,u r one of doz fightin western education...abeg i no get dat time to correct all doz ur many errors...shey u cn see nw,wen ur mates whr inside english class,u whr ontop mango tree,pluckin mango 2eat...dnt quote me again,if nt we wud ask u to produce ur original certificate
LOL!!!!!! Lwkmd!!!!!! So he is boko haram? gringringrin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by uyosolo: 10:34pm On Apr 12, 2015
babacha:

dats gud,am a welding engr 4rm pti,so i knw alot abt delta ppl...i tot u were a mallam b4

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by KINGTELLER: 10:35pm On Apr 12, 2015
prelinctus:
grin Dont be bored bro, we just ended GNS101 lecture, we are in another, MEC101, lecture...lol

1 Like

Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by babacha: 10:38pm On Apr 12, 2015
KINGTELLER:

Modify:
1Lpf = 0.00328 m sq ................ conver 1
1bbl = 0.119 cubic meter...........conver 2

from conver 1, get the conversion of of the 200Lpf and multiply by height to get volumetric

200 × 0.00328=0.656m sq
0.656×5 (Height of rect) =3.28 cubic m

Divide the cubic meter with convers 2 to get the no. of barrel

3.28/0.119= 27.56 barrel (bbl)

Still not correct, liter is volume so coverting it to m sq is not correct, u only convert liter to meter cub.
Try convert the 5m to ft so that u get u total volume in liters before u covert to bbl to make it easy
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by babacha: 10:46pm On Apr 12, 2015
prelinctus:

Atleast most of us that are engineers know some english but u did not have a single idear about the question I ask, so do u see that u are not better than any body here, u are only good in ur field, stop claiming english teacher here. No bold my write up again and ask me to do needful cos u are not up to my foot in my own field
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by KINGTELLER: 10:50pm On Apr 12, 2015
babacha:

babacha:

Still not correct, liter is volume so coverting it to m sq is not correct, u only convert liter to meter cub.
Try convert the 5m to ft so that u get u total volume in liters before u covert to bbl to make it easy

Then your question is faulty, (see bolded) check google for litre per foot conversion, its equivalent to meter sq on conversion scale

http://www.google.com.ng/search?hl=en&ie=ISO-8859-1&q=what+is+litre+per+foot
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by babacha: 10:54pm On Apr 12, 2015
uyosolo:

dats gud,am a welding engr 4rm pti,so i knw alot abt delta ppl...i tot u were a mallam b4

Lol, I know most pti guys, am currently working with one ogaga, he finish from Pti, sodium is with total now and most of my guys who finish from pti are in schlumberger. But guy! graduate from ur school dey oil and gas sector well well. Must of us has learn their secret and we are moving along with them.

We did little on welding den in school, those electric arc welding, oxyacetylene welding, neutral flame, oxygen flame carbonise flame, flux welding etc but na just the theory sha

1 Like

Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by babacha: 11:13pm On Apr 12, 2015
KINGTELLER:

Then your question is faulty, (see bolded) check google for litre per foot conversion, its equivalent to meter sq on conversion scale

http://www.google.com.ng/search?hl=en&ie=ISO-8859-1&q=what+is+litre+per+foot

This question I give is in schlumbeger past question

From conversion,
5m equal to 16.4ft
From the question,
U have 200liters in every 1 ft
Therefore,
U have 3280 liters in 16.4ft
That is 200*16.4 that is the volume in leiters,
From conversion again
3.785liters equal to 1gallon
So 3280liters equal 867gallons
From conversion again
1bbl equal to 42gallons
So 867gallons equal 20.6 or 21bbl
Final answer

1 Like

Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by KINGTELLER: 11:33pm On Apr 12, 2015
babacha:

This question I give is in schlumbeger past question

From conversion,
5m equal to 16.4ft
From the question,
U have 200liters in every 1 ft
Therefore,
U have 3280 liters in 16.4ft
That is 200*16.4 that is the volume in leiters,
From conversion again
3.785liters equal to 1gallon
So 3280liters equal 867gallons
From conversion again
1bbl equal to 42gallons
So 867gallons equal 20.6 or 21bbl
Final answer
Okay, looking at it from that dimension, I concur... Got to sleep, work starts tomorrw.... Gudnite
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by babacha: 12:55am On Apr 13, 2015
SomBaby:

Its alright...you are welcome...
Thank you for the compliment

I thought u were referring to my post not knowing that u were actually referring to that sex worker disgusting post. I have no reason why I should attack u but to keep our peace
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by Switlife: 1:00am On Apr 13, 2015
lobito007:

Interesting. Thanks for the insight. Obviously you were an interviewee. Did you make the cut?

You're welcome. This is my first time. I made up the questions and I envisage them as such.

(1) (2) (3) ... (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) ... (195) (Reply)

Etisalat Customer Care Job / Nigeria Police 2016 Recruitment Of 10,000 Personnel / 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.