Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,584 members, 7,823,525 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:21 AM

Do You Switch Off Your Phone At Night? Positive And Negative Effects Of Doing So - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Do You Switch Off Your Phone At Night? Positive And Negative Effects Of Doing So (1110 Views)

Inside Ajegunle Hotel Where Little girls Dance for Old Men At night / She's Fond Of Doing This.... / One Of The Partner Is Hiv Positive,and D Other Considering Divorce.pls Advise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Switch Off Your Phone At Night? Positive And Negative Effects Of Doing So by tenry(m): 6:22am On Nov 25, 2014
My wife and I always argue about switching off phones(GSM)before going to bed. Once she jumps on the bed, she ll off her phone immediately. Except my phone battery is low, my phone is always ON. I have cited cases on why she needs to put ON her phone always. Our neighbour might need help in d middle of the night and they will not be able to reach her, what of if armed rubber is around and someone wants to alert you?, a friend might be in crisis and would love to call you to interceed for him or her in prayer. My wife believe that no body should disturb her sleep and that the only way to rest properly is by switching off her phone. I told her to always use bed mode or reduce the ring volume to the lowest.
Do you off your phone at night? If yes why?Is it the riight thing to do. What are the effects(positive and negative) of switching off phones before going to bed?
Re: Do You Switch Off Your Phone At Night? Positive And Negative Effects Of Doing So by niggi4life(m): 6:34am On Nov 25, 2014
When there was no phone during the 90s didn't you cope so well? Nothing should disturb your peaceful sleep.
The night is meant for you to rest. I have never switched on my phone after 10pm for any reason and i have never regretted it too

1 Like

Re: Do You Switch Off Your Phone At Night? Positive And Negative Effects Of Doing So by vivaciouzz(f): 6:48am On Nov 25, 2014
It has its cons n pros..I switch it on coz someone might need my help n who knows,I might b d only person he/she can call..its very important oo..can remember an incident last year..my neighbour who is asthmatic was gradually losing her breathbreath,she couldn't shout or call for help,she dialled my number..luckily it was available, I had to rush n help her with her inhaler,I was happy dat I was able to save a life..after dat day,my phone is always on unless I hv a low ba3
Re: Do You Switch Off Your Phone At Night? Positive And Negative Effects Of Doing So by tenry(m): 7:02am On Nov 25, 2014
niggi4life:
When there was no phone during the 90s didn't you cope so well? Nothing should disturb your peaceful sleep.
The night is meant for you to rest. I have never switched on my phone after 10pm for any reason and i have never regretted it too

Hnmmm. You are right bro but now that we have phone, it has helped us a lot, it is no longer business as usual. Unlike 90s, casualties should reduce just like the case cited by Vivaciouszz.
Re: Do You Switch Off Your Phone At Night? Positive And Negative Effects Of Doing So by DesChyko: 7:29am On Nov 25, 2014
The phones should be put on silent rather to avoid blocking off communications.
Technology should make life more convenient.
Whenever I wake up at night, I check my phone, before throwing it under my pillow and going back to sleep.
No one knows.
Re: Do You Switch Off Your Phone At Night? Positive And Negative Effects Of Doing So by yuncka: 7:47am On Nov 25, 2014
The only time my phone is off is when the battry is dead.

My advice to every phone user is to leave Ur phone on at night cos trouble or need dnt giv a definit time to visit us.

U might enjoy Ur long peaceful sleep for one night, only to wake up in the morning to meet a scenario dat will deny U sleep Ur entire life.

1 Like

Re: Do You Switch Off Your Phone At Night? Positive And Negative Effects Of Doing So by paix(m): 12:40pm On Nov 25, 2014
My phone is always switched off between 11pm and 5am, for both of us to rest.
Re: Do You Switch Off Your Phone At Night? Positive And Negative Effects Of Doing So by Ngenge(m): 8:57pm On Nov 25, 2014
Sorry for derailing on the topic. To go to bed and not having an airtime(even one naira airtime to flash) in your phone is as risky as not switching on your phone while sleeping. The benefits are too numerous to mention. If you're in the habit of putting off your phone at night,a night of regret is on your way and u will remember my post today. You can reduce the volume, for your good and that of another that needs your help.

1 Like

Re: Do You Switch Off Your Phone At Night? Positive And Negative Effects Of Doing So by dims95(m): 10:01pm On Nov 25, 2014
The only time my phone is switched off is when my battery is low. Better safe than sorry.
Re: Do You Switch Off Your Phone At Night? Positive And Negative Effects Of Doing So by mgbeketoto: 1:42am On Nov 26, 2014
Absolutely!
Not interested in the world in my sleep! cool
YOU ALWAYS SLEEP BETTER! kiss

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

7 Things Happy People Do Before Going To Bed / Benue Father Of Triplets Solicits Support For Children's Upkeep (PHOTO) / The Power Of Grudges In The Family

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.