Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,409 members, 7,815,903 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:40 PM

One Of The Partner Is Hiv Positive,and D Other Considering Divorce.pls Advise - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / One Of The Partner Is Hiv Positive,and D Other Considering Divorce.pls Advise (4111 Views)

POLYGAMY: Why Do Husband Usualy Love D Last Wife Than D Other Wives? / HIV-Positive Woman Arrested For Breastfeeding Neighbour’s Baby / 15 Signs You Are The Partner From Hell (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

One Of The Partner Is Hiv Positive,and D Other Considering Divorce.pls Advise by Rebum: 10:51am On Oct 07, 2011
Please i need sincere advice.The full story goes as thus:I and my wife were dating and after like a year we propose to marry each other.Few months after the proposal,i got another job that made me to leave for another state.She visited me and stayed sixteen days,during her stay she mentioned about how her father objected her marring an outsider.After a week,i travelled and come to their family house for the first time i met her parents,i introduced myself and informed the father that if things work out,that i and her daughter want to marry each other.He refused and said that he dont like his daughters to marry an outsider other than their people and thats what they discuss with their kinsmen.I try persuading him,but he stood his ground.i left.Five days after,my wife(wife to be then)informed me that she was told by one evangelist or call it prophet that she is pregnant and should not terminate the pregnancy,that if she terminate it,she will go with it.I told her ok,let her not terminate it.She said it was during her visit to me that it happened.I accepted.To avoid the shame,rushing to marry became a suggestion and i told her that i dont have much money now but lets do just an introduction since her father has now accepted.They say let it be real marriage.So i run arround even borrow money and the traditional marriage was held.Though,the baby later died during delivery.When she later started staying with me.One day i was searching the room and i found a laboratory report she did last time which confirms Hiv positive,but she hide it and did not tell me.I was shocked,and wen i ask her if she had ever done a test like that,she say she is negative.After i showed her the report,she closed mouth.I ran the following day to the hospital to do mine and it was negative.I wasnt happy for her to hide it for me,in fact i was heart break since then.When i treathened her,she now confessed that she knew of it the time she had the first pregnancy during antenatal check.But my instint is telling me that she mighty have known of it even b4 we marry or started dating.She say its only during antenantal.Since then,even though i still do sleep with her atimes without condom,and atimes with condom,i m no longer enjoying the marriage.One ,should i continue being scared of making love with her until when?,i m no longer enjoying se.x,for should i continue using condom for all my love making for a young marriage that is just three years.using condom all time doesnt give the pleassure,even her boobs,etc,i m no longer enjoying it,beacuse of this.This has subjected me into a chronic masturbation.She has been begging me not to divorce her,but will my se.x life continue like this?.besides,her character is not all that ok.Since after the marriage,its been,atimes one misunderstanding or the other.Please,i am fed up with this marriage and i am considering taking bold step to divorce her,just that she keep begging me to still keep her,but i m no longer enjoying the marriage.Please advise.Abeg a mature and sincere advice.Thanks.
Re: One Of The Partner Is Hiv Positive,and D Other Considering Divorce.pls Advise by Dyt(f): 10:56am On Oct 07, 2011
one question
do u still love dis woman?
Re: One Of The Partner Is Hiv Positive,and D Other Considering Divorce.pls Advise by Nobody: 11:02am On Oct 07, 2011
Divorce in the face of HIV is a choice. It may not be right, but I can understand such a choice being made. Not everyone can deal with the implications, and the extreme measures needed for the non-HIV person to remain so.

And please, try breaking down your posts into paragraphs, with clear punctuation. It makes for easier reading, and understanding.
Re: One Of The Partner Is Hiv Positive,and D Other Considering Divorce.pls Advise by Rebum: 11:17am On Oct 07, 2011
@Dyt
I love her,but sincerely speaking since after this discovery,my mind wasnt at rest to be honest with u.Everything love making has been shattered.That means i will continue with condom all the time.Even she doesnt like the condom all time for the pleassure is not always there.My most annouying aspect is that she lied to me,and it seems as if she even know that she has it before we marry or date and she concealed it.Worse still,we normally had misunderstanding and quarrels.Truly,i m not enjoying the marriage.I was happier before i marry than now!.Whoever knew me before i marry and see me now will surely know that i have a burden that is eating deep on me and making me overthinking and losing weight.Please advise.
Re: One Of The Partner Is Hiv Positive,and D Other Considering Divorce.pls Advise by Dyt(f): 11:22am On Oct 07, 2011
divorce ll kill er
n u nt happy eida
i suggest marriage counsel cos i no nt much bout it
bt in my own lil way
i suggest u tk a brk frm hm or u tell er go on vacation 4 smtym
stay away frm eachoda atleast 3mnths
yh ryt d trust s gone
i can feel everybit of wat u goin thru
jst b calm n dont stay in d marriage cos u pity er
Re: One Of The Partner Is Hiv Positive,and D Other Considering Divorce.pls Advise by Rebum: 11:31am On Oct 07, 2011
She will not agree to go on vacation especially as we have some months new baby.Her intention is that i will abandon her if i tell her to go so so palce.Even though i m still making love with her atimes without condom is out of not knowing what i shall do as she keep begging me to be refreshing our love.Truly,its giving me a concern.
Re: One Of The Partner Is Hiv Positive,and D Other Considering Divorce.pls Advise by Busybody2(f): 11:39am On Oct 07, 2011
Oh dear, this is hard to judge cos she might be telling the truth and only have found out at her antenatal appointment as she claimed, as a lot of woman do, or she prolly knew hence reason about the SUDDEN story about the Pastor's prediction and the Dad's u-turn story allowing the marriage.

You still love her so once you can get the truth about once she found out, your feeling that she betrayed you would lessen down a lot especially if you discover she has been truthful to you. So this should be your next step for now. . .
Re: One Of The Partner Is Hiv Positive,and D Other Considering Divorce.pls Advise by Nobody: 11:40am On Oct 07, 2011
Does the lab result not have a date on it?
Re: One Of The Partner Is Hiv Positive,and D Other Considering Divorce.pls Advise by Dyt(f): 11:40am On Oct 07, 2011
sounds lyk she loves u more n u r outta love
very critical
u only wit er cos u pity er
well den let er know exactly all dese u feelin
tell er ow u sayin it all ere
seriously i dont think my own lil mind of thinkin ll help
marriage counsellors where r u oooooo
Re: One Of The Partner Is Hiv Positive,and D Other Considering Divorce.pls Advise by Kx: 11:48am On Oct 07, 2011
Why have nt you taken her for another lab test to obtain an independent opinion about her hiv status?
For crying out loud, why would u even go ahead and have unprotected sex with a hiv + wife?

Have u equally retested to know your own current hiv status?

u seemed to emphasizes sexx sexxx,it that whats most important to u in this marriage?

1 Like

Re: One Of The Partner Is Hiv Positive,and D Other Considering Divorce.pls Advise by Nobody: 12:03pm On Oct 07, 2011
Re: One Of The Partner Is Hiv Positive,and D Other Considering Divorce.pls Advise by Rebum: 12:30pm On Oct 07, 2011
@KX.
Both of have retested it.So its not just only one test.
Re: One Of The Partner Is Hiv Positive,and D Other Considering Divorce.pls Advise by 2mch(m): 2:14pm On Oct 07, 2011
Official maga of the century, here take biscuit. You are a maga becaus 1) You were having sex without condom before marriage without necessary STD tests. 2) you got married withput testing. 3) You did titanic (I believe people should take a step back and reconsider when there are objections, it may just be God giving you a chance to reevaluate). 4) You are still having sex without condom. Now I suggest you act selfishly because your wife is looking out for her own interest. If she was a sane, and unselfish person she will never suggest you have sex without condom. She wants you to catch the disease so you cannot leave. That is very wrong and sick. If I were you I will cut at the first suggestion. You are blessed because God has been giving you so many chances and protecting you, but one day you will catch it. My thought is they found out before you, this is why the dad suddenly had a change of mind. This is where you become maga for the 5th time. They were hoping you will have sex and catch it so that they can say she contracted it from you. What you need to do is start using condoms for 6 months and go back to test. If you are negative by God's grace then its time to do DNA test for your child and leave the situation. Human beings are so wicked. Did you read the story similar to yours where the husband injected the wife with his blood so that they will both be positive? If your wife was sane and unselfish she would be more interested in the other parent being healthy for the child just in case of any unforseen or unfortunate event. Shine your eyes.
Re: One Of The Partner Is Hiv Positive,and D Other Considering Divorce.pls Advise by Rebum: 2:21pm On Oct 07, 2011
@2mch,
Advice noted!.
Re: One Of The Partner Is Hiv Positive,and D Other Considering Divorce.pls Advise by Rebum: 2:41pm On Oct 07, 2011
@2mch
She advised me not tell any of her people or my people and i still kept the secret till date.But the kind of overthinking this has subjected me for more than one year i noticed it is too much on me.I m really really losing weight because of this and right now I m considering telling atleast one person from her family and one from my own family so that they can also be aware and as well hear their own advice.
Re: One Of The Partner Is Hiv Positive,and D Other Considering Divorce.pls Advise by ronkebp(f): 2:49pm On Oct 07, 2011
@ Poster i would suggest you take her to the hospital again, for another test. there is nothing wrong in doing the test 2 to 3 times just to be very very sure. Naija test too dey fear me. And if it comes out positive again, then we will know what to tell you, in the meantime, use condom.
Re: One Of The Partner Is Hiv Positive,and D Other Considering Divorce.pls Advise by 2mch(m): 3:09pm On Oct 07, 2011
Its best you act like nothing happened or nothing has changed until you do the test in 6 months. If you are positive, then you might as well stay for your own selfish reasons as well. We dont want you infecting other people out of anger. lipsrsealed. But if you are negative and you cant carry on with it then you have to move on. She acted selfish and is still acting selfish, so you have to act selfish for the first time in your life in this relationship. Dont act different please so that she doesnt get desperate and find other means to make you stay. shocked. You dont have to tell any of her family or yours about her personal business. When the time comes, she will tell them herself. Remember she is still the mother of your child, though you may not be able to be with her but you still owe it to her to protect her business and respect her wishes. We hope if you move on in future, you know better how to behave. HIV does not show on the face, protect yourself always. You may be one of those rare people that have little immunity to the disease, this is if you dont already have it.Goodluck.
Re: One Of The Partner Is Hiv Positive,and D Other Considering Divorce.pls Advise by Vindy: 9:11pm On Oct 07, 2011
Have tested the baby for HIV?

1 Like

Re: One Of The Partner Is Hiv Positive,and D Other Considering Divorce.pls Advise by Vindy: 9:15pm On Oct 07, 2011
How did an hiv positive mother put to bed, will the baby be clean?
Re: One Of The Partner Is Hiv Positive,and D Other Considering Divorce.pls Advise by Outstrip(f): 8:12am On Oct 08, 2011
Why are you not wearign a condom still? What is wrong with you? I think you should have her take another test. There is a chance that teh first one was wrong. I don't know what to say but she not only put you at risk but even any unborn child. Keeping this a secret would have meant not taken drugs to ensure that any baby she delivers is not HIV positive. I pray you figure out what you really want to do and make the best choice for you
Re: One Of The Partner Is Hiv Positive,and D Other Considering Divorce.pls Advise by Nobody: 5:24pm On Oct 08, 2011
Very sad. It was very reckless, selfish and irresponsible of your wife to have concealed her status from you. And it's very irresponsible of you to continue bedding your wife, when you're (so far) HIV negative, without protection. Even if you were both HIV+, it's still adviceable to use a condom, there are different strains of the virus, and mixing them can be dangerous (more than being HIV+).

You have a clear choice here - stay, or cut and run. Only you can make this decision. I wouldn't involve any of her, or your family members. It's her call, if and when she decides to go public. There's nothing anyone else can do here. What's happened has happened. Right now, your wife needs to be put on drugs to keep her healthy.

And your child - is he / she HIV-free? I only ask, because you haven't mentioned if your wife was on any medication during her pregnancy. A baby being delivered of a HIV+ mother should be by Cesarean section. A natural birth is usually out of the question. Were the surgeons aware of your wife's status when she gave birth?

This is one hot mess, I do feel empathy for you, and your wife.
Re: One Of The Partner Is Hiv Positive,and D Other Considering Divorce.pls Advise by Rebum: 4:40pm On Oct 10, 2011
Thanks for the advice so far.Truly,i dont know what is wrong with me by still sleeping with her flesh to flesh even after i discovered it from it.I cant just say.Since i have been reading this post,it sounds as an eye opener to me,that i keep asking myself what my wife has done to me that blindfolded me into keep making love with her without condom.Actually,it seems i dont want to be staying with her.She is very sexy and beautiful that even when i made up my mind most of the time that i wont have it with her,before you know it i will be lured even only at the sight of sexy body and unclothedness and look and condom may not be available,she will be telling me havent i be making love with her flesh to flesh for years,before u know it i will starting having it with her without,it is always after the game that i will be regreting why did i do this without condom.Still,another time,i will repeat it.I dont know whats wrong with me.Staying with her is not the best for me,because we may still be doing it without,i am not always the cause.Right from last five years we know each other,we have not been using condom even before we marry,and it seem to have become a tradition between two of us as two of us will complain of not enjoying it if condom is mention.So because we are now addicted with doing flesh to flesh,its now difficult doing with condom.
Re: One Of The Partner Is Hiv Positive,and D Other Considering Divorce.pls Advise by Dyt(f): 4:48pm On Oct 10, 2011
u still very much inlove wit ur wife
let go of d past n enjoy d new begining
now u know er so well, both handle things as God s joined u both
u both can fight it n leave happily
Re: One Of The Partner Is Hiv Positive,and D Other Considering Divorce.pls Advise by Rebum: 5:11pm On Oct 10, 2011
Please,what i am explaining is how everything started and how things have been going.The situation i found myself in this union is what i never expected.The only thing that keep making me annouyed is that i m somehow seeing it that she might have known that she has it and lure me into marriage,its a different thing if she is free before we marry,but whats the true statement about this?,did she knew before the marriage or is she free before the marriage?,only she can tell
Re: One Of The Partner Is Hiv Positive,and D Other Considering Divorce.pls Advise by Nobody: 6:39am On Oct 11, 2011
Re: One Of The Partner Is Hiv Positive,and D Other Considering Divorce.pls Advise by Nobody: 8:37am On Oct 11, 2011
Rebum:

Please,what i am explaining is how everything started and how things have been going.The situation i found myself in this union is what i never expected.The only thing that keep making me annouyed is that i m somehow seeing it that she might have known that she has it and lure me into marriage,its a different thing if she is free before we marry,but whats the true statement about this?,did she knew before the marriage or is she free before the marriage?,only she can tell

Bla bla bla bla bla bla. Most of the questions you were asked, you haven't answered yet. I ask you again. Was there no date on the HIV result?

By the way, the excuse you gave about her beauty being the reason why you still sleep with her without condom is lame. You are very stooopid, you know that don't you?
Re: One Of The Partner Is Hiv Positive,and D Other Considering Divorce.pls Advise by Nobody: 9:49am On Oct 11, 2011
jennykadry:

Bla bla bla bla bla bla. Most of the questions you were asked, you haven't answered yet. I ask you again. Was there no date on the HIV result?

By the way, the excuse you gave about her beauty being the reason why you still sleep with her without condom is lame. You are very stooopid, you know that don't you?

You said it, sister. Right now, I'm beginning to doubt this whole tale. Most of the scenarios make little sense. So much evasiveness too.
Re: One Of The Partner Is Hiv Positive,and D Other Considering Divorce.pls Advise by Rebum: 11:28am On Oct 11, 2011
@Jennykardy and Siena?,
While i read and appreciate some peoples advice so far,i wonder whats is not clear from my post.The essence of this posts is more of advice seeking forum assuming if one is being faced with this challenge,what will the person do and some people have spoken and give some advice so far which i digested.On the issue of date,i mentioned before now that she said that she discovered it when she attended the antenatal which is her first pregnancy in which a test was conducted(2008)and we have been dating for two years before then(since 2006),then earlier last year(2010) i found where she secretly hide the test that she did again that last year.It was when i treathened her that she confessed that it was back in 2008 that she discovered it during antenatal medical check.This means that she knew it two years ago before 2010 that was when i knew it.That is to say that we have been meeting for four years before i knew it.But i have been reasoning that she might have known it before 2008,ie before we even start dating(before that 2006)and hide it so that we can marry.Now is 2011. That is five years.I think my explanation is clear for whoever have any advice to give.
Re: One Of The Partner Is Hiv Positive,and D Other Considering Divorce.pls Advise by stepo707: 12:10pm On Oct 11, 2011
Re: One Of The Partner Is Hiv Positive,and D Other Considering Divorce.pls Advise by Nobody: 4:30pm On Oct 11, 2011
Where are you guys? are u living in Nigeria? some tests do give a false positive. even in the western countries. happened to a military guy who spend 7 years thinking he had hiv. the first test was positive but the next was negative so his doc said nothing to him.

look fact is women have more surface area and easily catch STDs at a higher rate than men do.

STOP having unprotected sex. you may already be infected but d disease hasn't shown up in your blood yet.
is she taking meds so the baby is at lesser risk?

i'm sorry but i can't understand how u are not freaked out and continue to engage in destructive behavior.
Re: One Of The Partner Is Hiv Positive,and D Other Considering Divorce.pls Advise by Nobody: 5:27pm On Oct 11, 2011
stepo707:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-522175.0.html
somewhat similar story undecided

I think you're just being polite - it's not a somewhat similar story. It's the same story, with some minor changes.
Re: One Of The Partner Is Hiv Positive,and D Other Considering Divorce.pls Advise by Johndoe100(m): 5:50pm On Oct 11, 2011
Siena:

I think you're just being polite - it's not a somewhat similar story. It's the same story, with some minor changes.

Surprise, surprise.

@OP

Run for ya life. How can anyone stay with a hiv positive woman, when you are negative?

(1) (Reply)

My Father Is Basically Non-existent. Anyone Else Like This? / Beware Of This Dangerous Plant! / WOMEN ONLY: How To Get The Right Bra Size.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.