|Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,426,637 members, 5,448,149 topics. Date: Saturday, 29 February 2020 at 02:46 PM
Learn How To Design A Dynamic Web Site Similar To Nairaland Just For Free / How Much Would Creating A Dynamic Website Cost, Including Hosting, Domain Name? / XMAS BONANZA Get a dynamic business Website #10k. (2) (3) (4)
|Video: Getting Started Building A Dynamic Website by uspry1(f): 3:07pm On Nov 28, 2008|
Total Training Video: Getting Started building a dynamic website from ADOBE site for developer
|Re: Video: Getting Started Building A Dynamic Website by cooldud62: 3:13pm On Nov 28, 2008|
please what do i need to know before i start a website?
i see you are knowledgeable in that.
hope to read from you, thanks.
|Re: Video: Getting Started Building A Dynamic Website by uspry1(f): 4:15pm On Nov 28, 2008|
In order to get started building your own website, first thing you do is:
1. Download WampServer2 that is found >> this link << to your computer/laptop. Stick with "http://localhost/" that will install your computer/laptop as your host server. Web hosting server is your remote server. If you already have registered your own hosting server with Domain Name registration, then use your URL address replacing "http://localhost/" if you want to. (not required) If you don't have one (web hosting), continue next step below.
I rather use "http://localhost/" as my host server on my computer with WampServer2---STAND ALONE for testing development purpose and use my host server (url address) as remote server on my favorite html editor THAT WILL UPLOAD DIRECTLY TO my hosting server as FINALIZED DEVELOPMENT to expose public.
2. Do you have your own HTML/web authoring software such as Dreamweaver, FrontPage, Homesite, coffeeHTML, HTML-KIT, or other HTML editor installed on your computer/laptop?
3. Do you also have FTP software installed on your computer/laptop if you don't install either Dreamweaver or FrontPage? (not required, just option) FTP is for uploading your first html files and all images folders to your web hosting server more faster than hosting control panel's file manager (will explain next step).
4. Do you register obtaining your own trustworthy reliable web hosting server with FREE DOMAIN NAME registration? Remember you are fully responsible to pay web hosting fee either monthly, quarterly, or yearly based on your preference in order to keep your website running LIVE. Just like you pay car gas to keep your car running smoothly!
5. Once you completely paid in full obtaining your web hosting service with new domain name, they will email you FULLY INTRODUCTION: "Welcome to <hosting service company name>" including everything, hosting cpanel username/password, FTP username/password, helpline/support link, and guidelines where to get start information IMMEDIATELY. That is where you will be ready to upload your own html files and image folders (including music files, video files, flash files inside the image folders separately folders each) to your hosting server through your control panel admin. Control panel can be cPanel, Hsphere, Plesk, or other CMS depend on which hosting offers. HOLD THAT NOT YET TO START UPLOAD TO HOSTING!!!!
Keep in your mind that your Domain name will BE UP within 72 hours appears public with its BLANK WEBSITE.
6. You don't have to wait for 72 hours for your Domain name appears, that is where you get started to build your own website right from your computer. Open your html editor on your computer working on your website you want to edit, add, or delete something. Your website can be template you bought from template website. Can be SMF forum? Can be e-Commerce template? Can be start from scratch website.
7. Test your website on your computer using "http://localhost/yourfolder" on your favorite browser to see how your website looks. If you like your website looks on your computer, then save your html file. By that time 72 hours ended, your URL address (your domain name) is already UP READY TO USE.
8. Go your hosting control panel under "FILE MANAGER" icon, you will see the word "upload" after hitting "FILE MANAGER" or FTP account (i mean username/password) to upload your html file (image folder must be the same directory as your html file) where you saved originally on your computer DIRECTLY TO YOUR WEB HOSTING server. It is called remote server.
9. Finally, check out your URL address, your website is READY RUNNING live!!! (it looks the same as your computer's WAMPSERVER2)
PS, if you don't plan to build your own website, BUT WANT SMF forum or PHPBB forum or other e-Commerce installed on your web hosting from your computer's WAMPSERVER2 that you already installed those SMF/PHPBB/e-Commerce, then you need to export those SMF/PHPBB/e-Commerce (both its files and MySQL database files) from your computer to hosting in order to make it work the same looks.
Even though ALL HOSTING SERVICE has its own FREE SMF/PHPBB/e-Commerce installation UNDER THE SECTION CALLED "SERVICE/APPLICATION" to click the icon 'FANTASTICO' then on FANTASTICO windows, you will see many categories on the left side of FANTASTICO you can choose to install your hosting AUTOMATICALLY for you.
Be sure you have SUFFICIENT WEB SPACE at least 500MB to 20GB higher to accept FANTASTICO category your choice, OTHERWISE you will prompt error message on FANTASTICO saying "INSUFFICIENT SPACE for this category - - - Limit one category is sufficient" something like that.
|Re: Video: Getting Started Building A Dynamic Website by OmniPotens(m): 4:20pm On Nov 28, 2008|
Alas, after months, you are back to do what you know how to do well. Don't mind me anyway, just kinda happy about it. Welcome back Moderator USPRY1!
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2020 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57