Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,350 members, 7,836,422 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:34 AM

Should Christian Doctors Promote Condom Use Among Youth - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Should Christian Doctors Promote Condom Use Among Youth (1040 Views)

The New Female Condom Which Can 'make A Woman Orgasm Every Time' / High Cost Of Female Condom Affects Its Availability, Distribution – UNAIDS / Fear Of Ebola: Villagers Flee From The Sight Of Red Cross And Western Doctors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Christian Doctors Promote Condom Use Among Youth by ndimension(m): 4:32pm On Nov 28, 2008
My friends and I had a discussion on this topic and I want to seek the opinion of nairalanders with reasons for or aginst backed up with facts if possible

SHOULD CHRISTIAN DOCTORS PROMOTE CONDOM USE AMONG YOUTH?
Re: Should Christian Doctors Promote Condom Use Among Youth by Cristalz(f): 5:07pm On Nov 28, 2008
Funny grin

Christian or Muslim or Buddhist or whatever, your job is your job. One you take the Oath, you are sworn to do what you are supposed to, your religous beliefs notwithstanding.

Condoms,they say,reduce the spread of STIs. If a dude or a lady wants a condom, its your duty as a doctor to give them one. A doctor's religous beliefs can only go as far as his advice to whoever's requesting for the condom. Advice, then do your duty. . .give the person what he/she wants.

So,yep Christian doctors should promote the use of condoms among sexually active youths. . .its not like he can put a lien on their organs,rendering them inactive anyway, so the next best thing is to help save their lives via preventive measures.
Re: Should Christian Doctors Promote Condom Use Among Youth by richdadeze(m): 8:00pm On Nov 29, 2008
Yes I agree with you. If the person comes to you as a doctor for advice, then you have tell him the reasons why he must abstain from immoral acts, if he comes for the purchase of condoms, simply give it out. But as for preaching the effectiveness or otherwise of condoms, I say NO. A Christian doctor should rather preach abstinence. I have a tread to that effect on my blog http://www.yourhealthandfitnessguide.com, that even with condoms, you can still contact AIDS.
Re: Should Christian Doctors Promote Condom Use Among Youth by bluespice(f): 8:44pm On Nov 29, 2008
no they shouldnt
they should kill them
nonsense angry
Re: Should Christian Doctors Promote Condom Use Among Youth by Cristalz(f): 8:59pm On Nov 29, 2008
bluespice:

no they shouldnt
they should kill them
nonsense angry

LOL grin

Some people just over-carry Christianity on their heads. Making it all regimented and strait when its supposed to be about intellectually expressing love.
Re: Should Christian Doctors Promote Condom Use Among Youth by 25more(f): 11:49pm On Nov 29, 2008
doctors are not spiritual advisers, they are medical advisers and knowing fully well the damages assoicated with lack of using condoms and BCs, such as hiv/aids/ stis/ unwanted preganacy/ abortion/ i see no reason a doctor should not be encouraging especially its young patient to use contratptions.
doctors christina/ or aethist should medically advise their young patients on issues regarding safe sex pratices and let them decide whether they want to do.
Re: Should Christian Doctors Promote Condom Use Among Youth by tRoOE(f): 2:57am On Dec 01, 2008
richdadeze:

Yes I agree with you. If the person comes to you as a doctor for advice, then you have tell him the reasons why he must abstain from immoral acts, if he comes for the purchase of condoms, simply give it out. But as for preaching the effectiveness or otherwise of condoms, I say NO. A Christian doctor should rather preach abstinence. I have a tread to that effect on my blog http://www.yourhealthandfitnessguide.com, that even with condoms, you can still contact AIDS.
[size=13pt] All theses so called Christain sha, who are you to people how to live their life undecided.
[/size]

(1) (Reply)

Help! She Can't Find Her Period. It's Lost! / Seasonal Cough...what Is It? / Information Needed To Cure Liver Fat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.