Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,159 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:05 PM

High Cost Of Female Condom Affects Its Availability, Distribution – UNAIDS - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / High Cost Of Female Condom Affects Its Availability, Distribution – UNAIDS (26285 Views)

The New Female Condom Which Can 'make A Woman Orgasm Every Time' / See The Consequences Of Female self-service / HIV/AIDS Drugs To Be Manufactured In Nigeria - UNAIDS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

High Cost Of Female Condom Affects Its Availability, Distribution – UNAIDS by lalasticlala(m): 4:54pm On Jan 25, 2015
Dr Bilali Camara, the UNAIDS Country Director, on Sunday, said the high cost of female condoms was affecting its availability and distribution in Nigeria.

Camara, who is also the UNAIDS Focal Point for ECOWAS, disclosed this in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Abuja.

He said people shy away from promoting female condoms because it was not readily available.

He added that “non-availability is a major challenge of female condoms now.

“It creates deception and opposite effect when one promotes what he or she cannot provide.’’

The country director said the UN Population Fund (UNFPA) and few other partners were importing the condoms but supply was inadequate.

According to him, the Department for International Development (DFID) is already into social marketing of condoms and will promote both the male and female condoms as well.

Camara said “female condom protects against the spread of HIV, unwanted pregnancy and infections during sexual contact.

“However, it is not thought to work as well as male condoms in protection against HIV and other Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs).

“The female condom is about 75 per cent to 82 per cent effective with normal use. When used correctly all of the time, female condoms are 95 per cent effective.’’

The UNAIDS focal point said the female condom was made of thin, strong plastic called polyurethane.

He added that “the newer version, which costs less, is made of a substance called nitrile.’’

Meanwhile, he said, four companies would commence production of anti-retroviral drugs in Nigeria to enable more people to access treatment on HIV/AIDS easily.

UNAIDS would enter into partnership with telecommunication companies to ensure that basic information about HIV/AIDS were advertised. (NAN)

http://leadership.ng/news/health/406461/high-cost-female-condom-affects-availability-distribution-unaids

1 Like

Re: High Cost Of Female Condom Affects Its Availability, Distribution – UNAIDS by SeverusSnape(m): 4:58pm On Jan 25, 2015
Though I've never done it before, But I know this as a fact, The female condom is not fun to use, The male latex condom is better, More preferable and gives more excitement.

Imagine a guy inserting a condom and a woman doing the same, That sex will be so boring. lipsrsealed
I know that's not how it's done, But just imagine.

6 Likes

Re: High Cost Of Female Condom Affects Its Availability, Distribution – UNAIDS by Nobody: 5:05pm On Jan 25, 2015
It is essential to ensure that more counterfeited
female condoms do not swamp genuine ones.
We should also guard against Nigeria being
used as a guinea-pig for all sorts of invention
and innovation by capitalist nations. At the last
count, the United Kingdom has the highest
teenage pregnancy in Europe despite the free
availability of all forms of contraceptive devices
under their national health service. Nigeria
should think of its own brand of sex education
rather than copying everything the west does
or constituting a laboratory for all sorts of
experiment.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: High Cost Of Female Condom Affects Its Availability, Distribution – UNAIDS by SailorXY: 5:09pm On Jan 25, 2015
the reason your threads grace front pages will soon be discovered grin

6 Likes

Re: High Cost Of Female Condom Affects Its Availability, Distribution – UNAIDS by lalasticlala(m): 5:10pm On Jan 25, 2015
SeverusSnape:
Though I've never done it before, But I know this as a fact, The female condom is not fun to use, The male latex condom is better, More preferable and gives more excitement.

Imagine a guy inserting a condom and a woman doing the same, That sex will be so boring. lipsrsealed

Lol. So r u talking from theories or practical experience or by mere imagination?

6 Likes

Re: High Cost Of Female Condom Affects Its Availability, Distribution – UNAIDS by SeverusSnape(m): 5:13pm On Jan 25, 2015
lalasticlala:

Lol. So r u talking from theories or practical experience or by mere imagination?
I'm talking from testimonies of friends and articles I've read concerning this.
Re: High Cost Of Female Condom Affects Its Availability, Distribution – UNAIDS by dre11(m): 5:13pm On Jan 25, 2015
Have never seen one

But, I heard its not as versatile and effective as the male one
Re: High Cost Of Female Condom Affects Its Availability, Distribution – UNAIDS by Nobody: 5:16pm On Jan 25, 2015
9ja babes eNjOyiNg it rAw since time memorial

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: High Cost Of Female Condom Affects Its Availability, Distribution – UNAIDS by francizy(m): 5:27pm On Jan 25, 2015
I think that female condom is better than the male one. I stand to be corrected tho..
Re: High Cost Of Female Condom Affects Its Availability, Distribution – UNAIDS by Dwayne1997(m): 6:07pm On Jan 25, 2015
Ogbeni.. Datz Lalasticlala over there, letz sit here..he'll surely take us to front page...... Diz day at abt 8:45am, i officially became a member of dah ruling forum "NAIRALAND" tho i've been a guest for so long

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: High Cost Of Female Condom Affects Its Availability, Distribution – UNAIDS by jackpot(f): 6:15pm On Jan 25, 2015
The Federal Government should step in and subsidize it then wink

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: High Cost Of Female Condom Affects Its Availability, Distribution – UNAIDS by lalasticlala(m): 6:16pm On Jan 25, 2015
Dwayne1997:
Ogbeni.. Datz Lalasticlala over there, letz sit here..he'll surely take us to front page...... Diz day at abt 8:45am, i officially became a member of dah ruling forum "NAIRALAND" tho i've been a guest for so long

Wow.. U r highly welcome.. .

2 Likes

Re: High Cost Of Female Condom Affects Its Availability, Distribution – UNAIDS by Dwayne1997(m): 6:20pm On Jan 25, 2015
Thankz Boss
Re: High Cost Of Female Condom Affects Its Availability, Distribution – UNAIDS by Dwayne1997(m): 6:23pm On Jan 25, 2015
[quote author=lalasticlala post=30123836]

[/bro how do i use the BOLD feature?]
Re: High Cost Of Female Condom Affects Its Availability, Distribution – UNAIDS by Dwayne1997(m): 6:28pm On Jan 25, 2015
Pls "SENIORs" i need a lil help on hw to use the quote, the bold nd italic featurez
Re: High Cost Of Female Condom Affects Its Availability, Distribution – UNAIDS by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jan 25, 2015
I just don't like the look of it.
Looks.....illegal...dangerous.... angry

I think the male one is more widely accepted.

jackpot:
The Federal Government should step in and subsidize it then wink
Lols.
E go make sense.
Re: High Cost Of Female Condom Affects Its Availability, Distribution – UNAIDS by jackpot(f): 6:33pm On Jan 25, 2015
Kachisbarbie: Lols.
E go make sense
at my age, I don't even know how to use the thing sef. lipsrsealed

I don't even wanna learn sef. Imagine make person go insert something wey no go gree comot when time reach? MBA! I no sabi that kain rough play! cheesy

6 Likes

Re: High Cost Of Female Condom Affects Its Availability, Distribution – UNAIDS by jackpot(f): 6:45pm On Jan 25, 2015
Why I go wear condom and my mr macho go also wear condom? We dey generate energy ni?

6 Likes

Re: High Cost Of Female Condom Affects Its Availability, Distribution – UNAIDS by Dygeasy(m): 7:06pm On Jan 25, 2015
jackpot:

at my age, I don't even know how to use the thing sef. lipsrsealed

I don't even wanna learn sef. Imagine make person go insert something wey no go gree comot when time reach? MBA! I no sabi that kain rough play! cheesy
grin cheesy grin Odikwa Risky

You go use plier pluck am comot na grin cheesy grin

2 Likes

Re: High Cost Of Female Condom Affects Its Availability, Distribution – UNAIDS by priscaoge(f): 9:00pm On Jan 25, 2015
Kachisbarbie:
I just don't like the look of it.
Looks.....illegal...dangerous.... angry

I think the male one is more widely accepted.

Lols.
E go make sense.

Biko Nne how dem de take use am cos I never try am before angry

I don't just understand that thing at all. What if it mistakenly sinks inside d lady's body? shocked

1 Like

Re: High Cost Of Female Condom Affects Its Availability, Distribution – UNAIDS by Nobody: 9:00pm On Jan 25, 2015
Just one thrust from him will push everything inside.
I don't think it's safe.

2 Likes

Re: High Cost Of Female Condom Affects Its Availability, Distribution – UNAIDS by Nobody: 9:09pm On Jan 25, 2015
priscaoge:

I don't just understand that thing at all. What if it mistakenly sinks inside d lady's body? shocked

hahahaha
You done see me wey dey use am na...I dey do family planning? lmao

I have never seen it in my life.
I share you fears @sink inside the lady's body...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: High Cost Of Female Condom Affects Its Availability, Distribution – UNAIDS by Nobody: 9:09pm On Jan 25, 2015
priscaoge:

Just use a flashlight and plier to pluck it out, or better still she can vomit it grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: High Cost Of Female Condom Affects Its Availability, Distribution – UNAIDS by yemicoal(m): 9:18pm On Jan 25, 2015
softysparky:
Just one thrust from him will push everything inside.
I don't think it's safe.
lol, I don't think they would be dumb to make it that way
Re: High Cost Of Female Condom Affects Its Availability, Distribution – UNAIDS by Dahjhi: 9:20pm On Jan 25, 2015
SeverusSnape:

Don't mind.. The female version is as complicated as females themselves.. An educator informed us """this thing is too messy when I tried it'"" And the fear of the material going inside in the heat of the action self... The lady have to hold the cap to prevent such.. Talkless of the price.....
Men Version Rocks Abeg cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: High Cost Of Female Condom Affects Its Availability, Distribution – UNAIDS by priscaoge(f): 9:21pm On Jan 25, 2015
Kachisbarbie:

hahahaha
You done see me wey dey use am na...I dey do family planning? lmao

I have never seen it in my life.
I share you fears @sink inside the lady's body...

Lwkmd cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Nne I be correct novice for this one,haven't seen it either But I know something like "Female Condoms" exist
Re: High Cost Of Female Condom Affects Its Availability, Distribution – UNAIDS by priscaoge(f): 9:24pm On Jan 25, 2015
softysparky:

Just use a flashlight and plier to pluck it out, or better still she can vomit it grin

Haahahahhaa vomit ke..... That means she need a lot of thrusting to push it up to her chest cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

That plier n torchlight sef cheesy cheesy cheesy na pit ni? shocked
Re: High Cost Of Female Condom Affects Its Availability, Distribution – UNAIDS by yemicoal(m): 9:38pm On Jan 25, 2015
But y is it always complex for ladies. That little stick they use when they v vagina infection looks like they tryna bleep themselvesundecided
Re: High Cost Of Female Condom Affects Its Availability, Distribution – UNAIDS by jackpot(f): 10:00pm On Jan 25, 2015
Dahjhi:
Don't mind.. The female version is as complicated as females themselves.. An educator informed us """this thing is too messy when I tried it'"" And the fear of the material going inside in the heat of the action self... The lady have to hold the cap to prevent such.. Talkless of the price.....
Men Version Rocks Abeg cheesy
too much stress. When my hand is supposed to be deployed on other missions! angry

2 Likes

Re: High Cost Of Female Condom Affects Its Availability, Distribution – UNAIDS by Dahjhi: 10:06pm On Jan 25, 2015
jackpot:
too much stress. When my hand is supposed to be deployed on other missions! angry
Am telling you.. cheesy I can tell na jealousy be behind the manufacturing of the female version grin cheesy
Re: High Cost Of Female Condom Affects Its Availability, Distribution – UNAIDS by omophunky(m): 11:06pm On Jan 25, 2015
Ok

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Wearing Boxers Could Improve A Man's Sperm Count And Improve Sperm Quality / DIY: Home-made Hand Sanitiser; This Ebola Season! / 10 Health Benefits Of Onions, Garlic And Ginger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.