Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,361 members, 7,819,302 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:01 PM

NNPC Don Fall My Hand Cha... - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / NNPC Don Fall My Hand Cha... (18391 Views)

NNPC Paying Transport For 2011 Interviewees? / Free NNPC Aptitude Test Materials / Nnpc Vacancies Details (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NNPC Don Fall My Hand Cha... by aspirebig: 5:59pm On Nov 28, 2014
It depends on who is concerned here.

You can give your wedding a new date if your card is not out. If not, then the job is not for you, as you cannot tell them to reschedule the test because of you.
Re: NNPC Don Fall My Hand Cha... by Vikky014(f): 6:10pm On Nov 28, 2014
busuyem:
Thanks all for ur pieces of advice. I can see no one is talking about rescheduling...does it mean NNPC job can never be rescheduled?
I'm corrently a teacher with Ekiti State govt but I need this job. I will try and follow ur what u've said and see how it's going to be possible that day. Thanks once more.
rush d wedding den do ur rception d following day
Re: NNPC Don Fall My Hand Cha... by Nobody: 6:55pm On Nov 28, 2014
go for the test. Wedding can wait.
Re: NNPC Don Fall My Hand Cha... by UnimkeAk(m): 7:53pm On Nov 28, 2014
busuyem:
After the long awaited test invites for December 2012 NNPC graduate trainees, dem don slate the test for my wedding day. How can I leave my wedding to write test whose end may not be determined by competency? Anyway, it pains me cha.

Brother, If I were you I won't go, why would I leave my lovely bride and go for a test for a job which i might not end up getting.

Since you getting married, to me it means you doing well.
Re: NNPC Don Fall My Hand Cha... by jamesbridget13(f): 8:00pm On Nov 28, 2014
my fiance too is suppose to be in frontline for his friends wedding dat same day. am glad its not ours o. we go just shift d date. i told him to go for his test n join them in d reception or better still at home to wish them well.
Re: NNPC Don Fall My Hand Cha... by OCTAVO: 8:04pm On Nov 28, 2014
Re: NNPC Don Fall My Hand Cha... by s3nn2x(m): 8:29pm On Nov 28, 2014
OCTAVO:
Why must you plan a wedding when unemployed to start with?
Are you for real?

Did you skip the part where he said he worked with Ekiti state teaching service?

Or you just decided to ignore?? ?
Re: NNPC Don Fall My Hand Cha... by millionboi(m): 8:46pm On Nov 28, 2014
Is simple,weddin shiftd till aftr my intrview
Re: NNPC Don Fall My Hand Cha... by lukhad: 9:12pm On Nov 28, 2014
have u bin sent d test details
Re: NNPC Don Fall My Hand Cha... by tylesh(f): 9:36pm On Nov 28, 2014
busuyem:
After the long awaited test invites for December 2012 NNPC graduate trainees, dem don slate the test for my wedding day. How can I leave my wedding to write test whose end may not be determined by competency? Anyway, it pains me cha.

I will advise you go for your wedding.What is the assurance u will pass the test?
Re: NNPC Don Fall My Hand Cha... by tylesh(f): 9:38pm On Nov 28, 2014
OCTAVO:
Why must you plan a wedding when unemployed to start with?

So,if someone is called for a test/interview,it means the person is jobless abi?
Re: NNPC Don Fall My Hand Cha... by lonelydora: 9:39pm On Nov 28, 2014
It happened to me, but was not on my wedding. I was suppose to be my brother's bestman for his wedding and I got text message from Drillog Petrodynamics for a test in PH.

Thank God I immediately called them to reschedule which they accepted and it was rescheduled. Wrote mine one week after. But that was then shaa when I was hustling for work.
Re: NNPC Don Fall My Hand Cha... by davo3286: 9:50pm On Nov 28, 2014
Oh, what a dilemma. I share your confusion bro. My brother, this is a rare opportunity I must say you don't deserve to let slip off your grip. Grip and hold close to your chest as strong as you can. For those saying that after all it's only a test invitation that it doesn't guarantee you getting the job, but they forget that invitation for test is the second stage of the recruitment process of which without it your application cannot secure the job. NNPC those conduct their tests in batches as such they cannot reschedule another date for you, trust me. You said you're a teacher at the moment. I believe you understand that this one is a great upgrade compared to your present job if God willing you land on it.

My submission. I wouldnt suggest you kill 2 birds with a stone by trying to attend both, but if you can then all well and good. You cannot change the test date BUT you definitely CAN change the wedding date. Your wife is your wife, she isn't running away. Send bulk SMS to all invitees about the change of date. Call the reception venue and explain to them, I believe they will understand and make adjustment for you or make a refund that's if you've already paid. Call your inlaws and the pastor of the church and explain. Call your MC too. It doesn't matter if you have printed IVs. You can easily use pen to change the date simple.

In a nutshell. Change the wedding date and go write the test.

For the test format i dont know if it will change but you will write 3 sections. I would suggest you dont focus on GMAT alone (you know all those Spatial, Diagramatic, Charts blah blah blah). Revise your basic secondary school subjects as well. E.g chemistry, physics, mathematics, accounts, economics, etc. in the last test all those who 'jacked' GMAT alone were disappointed. The questions were very basic. everyone (OND, BSc, HND; both experieced hires and GTs and Operators) wrote. There was General Engineering section (questions from chemistry/industrial chemistry, physics, electrical/electronics, mechanical, etc); Information & Computer Technology, Management Sci section, etc. English compulsory for all. For the other two, choose the section that soothes you discipline. For engineers you can choose English (which is compulsory) then Maths, General Engineering or ICT making 3 sections in all.
Re: NNPC Don Fall My Hand Cha... by romeo(m): 9:54pm On Nov 28, 2014
Why are you getting married when you don't have a meaningful means of income?
Re: NNPC Don Fall My Hand Cha... by Nobody: 10:19pm On Nov 28, 2014
wetin concern me with wedding shey na stick wife one chop ni..my opinion na to get money person dey go school abi which job u one learn wey go reach at least 16years.

I pray make dem reschedule am..have a blissful life my brother
Re: NNPC Don Fall My Hand Cha... by jossy26: 10:26pm On Nov 28, 2014
My candid advise to you op, if it were an interview i would say its worth it shifting the wedding or planning a way to go around both. Wedding is just once unless you planning to divorce which i reject for you, jobs will always come. I missed d nnpc recruitment test in march 2011 cos of my introduction not even engagement not to talk of wedding, i also missed an interview in another company slated for same day as my wedding.

i begged the interviewers but was denied the opportunity and i did my wedding, fast forward three years, i got an offer of life, so bro nothing do you, enjoy your wedding, pretend as if you never got the invite but inform your wife about it you will then see the blessings that will follow suit

my 2kobo
Re: NNPC Don Fall My Hand Cha... by MrRhymes101(m): 11:08pm On Nov 28, 2014
busuyem:
other reasonable opportunities wud surely come in d future so go 4 ur wedding instead.....BTW am free for 6th december. U got an MC yet??
Re: NNPC Don Fall My Hand Cha... by JulieEarth(f): 11:46pm On Nov 28, 2014
busuyem:

The probability of u passn the aptitude test is directly proportional to you failing it. If I were you,I would go for the test. With propertime management,your wedding can still hold and you cn attend the aptitude test as well. Some opportunities. Are rare and they dontcome very often. Grab this one! Feel free to thank me later(feeling like a prophetess...winks).
Re: NNPC Don Fall My Hand Cha... by GentleFrank(m): 4:31am On Nov 29, 2014
The wedding must move on !!!
Re: NNPC Don Fall My Hand Cha... by Drabrah(m): 9:12am On Nov 29, 2014
cutetonye009:
@op, except u are not sure of ur ability of passing aptitude test, but if u are please and please do not absent urself..the odds ain't as high as u think bro, about 600 people got offers from Nnpc during their last recruitment exercise and believe me when i tell you that chances of one landing an oil and gas job in this country is minimal. so please consider the long term monetary benefits you and family(both nuclear and extended)could derive if u eventually land this job. The juice is worth to squeeze bro..i believe if u bend ur schedule a little bit, u culd attend both.NB: if u are not sure of ur ability pls ignore..
e b lyk say u b 1 of those wey dey 4ma 'I'm nt frm 9ja, I'm frm kuvukiland' Abi!
As if the test is 100% dependent on wot u write
Re: NNPC Don Fall My Hand Cha... by SenatorJames(m): 3:58pm On Nov 29, 2014
busuyem:
Since you are teaching in a state civil service which can conveniently take care of your home, I will advice you leave an uncertain NNPC test which they may have employed their own since 2012. another better opportunity will come later.

HAPPY MARRIED LIFE.
Re: NNPC Don Fall My Hand Cha... by SenatorJames(m): 4:02pm On Nov 29, 2014
JulieEarth:

The probability of u passn the aptitude test is directly proportional to you failing it. If I were you,I would go for the test. With propertime management,your wedding can still hold and you cn attend the aptitude test as well. Some opportunities. Are rare and they dontcome very often. Grab this one! Feel free to thank me later(feeling like a prophetess...winks).
Even your smile confirm you to be a senior prophetess.
Re: NNPC Don Fall My Hand Cha... by SenatorJames(m): 4:14pm On Nov 29, 2014
davo3286:
Oh, what a dilemma. I share your confusion bro. My brother, this is a rare opportunity I must say you don't deserve to let slip off your grip. Grip and hold close to your chest as strong as you can. For those saying that after all it's only a test invitation that it doesn't guarantee you getting the job, but they forget that invitation for test is the second stage of the recruitment process of which without it your application cannot secure the job. NNPC those conduct their tests in batches as such they cannot reschedule another date for you, trust me. You said you're a teacher at the moment. I believe you understand that this one is a great upgrade compared to your present job if God willing you land on it.

My submission. I wouldnt suggest you kill 2 birds with a stone by trying to attend both, but if you can then all well and good. You cannot change the test date BUT you definitely CAN change the wedding date. Your wife is your wife, she isn't running away. Send bulk SMS to all invitees about the change of date. Call the reception venue and explain to them, I believe they will understand and make adjustment for you or make a refund that's if you've already paid. Call your inlaws and the pastor of the church and explain. Call your MC too. It doesn't matter if you have printed IVs. You can easily use pen to change the date simple.

In a nutshell. Change the wedding date and go write the test.

For the test format i dont know if it will change but you will write 3 sections. I would suggest you dont focus on GMAT alone (you know all those Spatial, Diagramatic, Charts blah blah blah). Revise your basic secondary school subjects as well. E.g chemistry, physics, mathematics, accounts, economics, etc. in the last test all those who 'jacked' GMAT alone were disappointed. The questions were very basic. everyone (OND, BSc, HND; both experieced hires and GTs and Operators) wrote. There was General Engineering section (questions from chemistry/industrial chemistry, physics, electrical/electronics, mechanical, etc); Information & Computer Technology, Management Sci section, etc. English compulsory for all. For the other two, choose the section that soothes you discipline. For engineers you can choose English (which is compulsory) then Maths, General Engineering or ICT making 3 sections in all.
Please help me with GMAT past question to prepare for an examnation. You can please send it to my email on my profile. I pray you will never lack help in every area of your life. Thanks
Re: NNPC Don Fall My Hand Cha... by promkingzz(m): 8:46pm On Nov 29, 2014
Re: NNPC Don Fall My Hand Cha... by davo3286: 6:36am On Nov 30, 2014
SenatorJames:
Please help me with GMAT past question to prepare for an examnation. You can please send it to my email on my profile. I pray you will never lack help in every area of your life. Thanks

I wish I could but can't because I don't have access to the hard drive where I am right now, and I won't be leaving here any time soon. I'm so sorry.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Recruitment: PSC Removes 925 Names From Constable List / Procter And Gamble Recruits OND,HND,BSC and NYSC Any Discipline. / British Council Volunteers For Open House Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.