Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,482 members, 7,816,135 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:17 AM

Too High!! 14.5% Interest Rate On Nmrc Loan (nigerian Mortgage Refinancing Comp) - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Too High!! 14.5% Interest Rate On Nmrc Loan (nigerian Mortgage Refinancing Comp) (1271 Views)

Do You Need A House Mortgage - Interest free ( 3 Days Processing Time) / NMRC Working To Make Insurance Mandatory For Mortage Loans / Email From Haggai Bank For NMRC Housing Scheme (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Too High!! 14.5% Interest Rate On Nmrc Loan (nigerian Mortgage Refinancing Comp) by bitingcool: 11:34pm On Nov 25, 2014
Hello NLRS,

I received with elation a provisional offer letter of a mortgage loan backed by the federal government. But to my utter dismay, Haggai Mortgage Bank is providing it on behalf of FGN @ 14.5%. Even Lagos State Mortgage is @ 9.% so why would a fed. Govt. Backed Loan be offered at such rate.

Pls did anyone get this offer too? Can this attempt to make housing unreachable be brought to the attention of the body in charge? Can we enlist under another Mortgage company if Haggai wants to rob us blind? It seems the ploy is to discourage people. Can someone assist? I attached a copy of the offer

Re: Too High!! 14.5% Interest Rate On Nmrc Loan (nigerian Mortgage Refinancing Comp) by dapperman(m): 11:49pm On Nov 25, 2014
Na wa o! I bin dey think say this one go make sense pass. I did get a mail from ASo savings and loans but I am yet to receive an offer from them. I think we owe it to ourselves to bring this to the knowledge of all Nigerians. They owe us explanation why this initiative is similar to any other mortgage even after all the publicity andd collaborations from the world bank, Federal Ministry of Finance,ettc. They need to make us understand angry

1 Like

Re: Too High!! 14.5% Interest Rate On Nmrc Loan (nigerian Mortgage Refinancing Comp) by Nobody: 12:29am On Nov 26, 2014
this is even the cheapest i have seen for this fed govt rate . one of the pmi' s based in lag offered my friends 22.5%

i tire ooo.
Re: Too High!! 14.5% Interest Rate On Nmrc Loan (nigerian Mortgage Refinancing Comp) by tunai(m): 8:52am On Nov 29, 2014
I also got the same offer letter from Haggai and its 14.5% fixed rate. Well I have accepted the offer because it seems to be the lowest have heard of on this FG scheme,others are offering something way higher.

Fashola is offering 9% but the houses are far too expensive and its even by ballot so you might not even get the house even if you are qualified to.

(1) (Reply)

How To Verify Professionals In Nigeria / Own A Plot Or Plots Of Land @ Platinum Olive Estate , Badagry With Ease / Where Are The Building Professors; Spyder880, Fhemmmmy, Babrus, segzy14, segcymo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.