Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,610 members, 7,820,169 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:51 AM

Where Are The Building Professors; Spyder880, Fhemmmmy, Babrus, segzy14, segcymo - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Where Are The Building Professors; Spyder880, Fhemmmmy, Babrus, segzy14, segcymo (1272 Views)

Ask Segzy14 / Identification Of Spyder880 Outside Nairaland. / Solar Power Working Within Budget Working With The Boss Segzy14 Of Nairaland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Are The Building Professors; Spyder880, Fhemmmmy, Babrus, segzy14, segcymo by unipol(m): 3:21pm On Dec 06, 2015
I am actually looking for informations concerning alluminium roofing sheet. my carpenter told me i should go for First alluminium 0.45mm metcopo and he said it costs 1350 naira but this is contrary to the information i got from their site.

i am aware that the carpinter may not be honest enough to tell me the one that is best for me because he will only be interested on how to make his own money because he is also interested in going to market with us.

i want the original alluminium sheet plus the one that i will cut the third party cost. i heard first alluminium company is based in PH. but my site is in Enugu. what other companies has original quality roofing sheet? how much?

Thanks in advance as you try to provide answers to my questions.

1 Like

Re: Where Are The Building Professors; Spyder880, Fhemmmmy, Babrus, segzy14, segcymo by Nobody: 6:05pm On Dec 06, 2015
Oga Kolashangone ur service is needed here
Re: Where Are The Building Professors; Spyder880, Fhemmmmy, Babrus, segzy14, segcymo by unipol(m): 7:16pm On Dec 06, 2015
i am still waiting.
Re: Where Are The Building Professors; Spyder880, Fhemmmmy, Babrus, segzy14, segcymo by skup008(m): 8:08pm On Dec 06, 2015
On roofing,I'm kinda novice. Try Hajj M and Fhemmmy, he is always available at the auto section. Wishing you success on the project.
Re: Where Are The Building Professors; Spyder880, Fhemmmmy, Babrus, segzy14, segcymo by luka1981(m): 8:45pm On Dec 06, 2015
I am also here to learn.
Re: Where Are The Building Professors; Spyder880, Fhemmmmy, Babrus, segzy14, segcymo by opalu: 4:04am On Dec 07, 2015
Whenever i don't use Stonecoated for my roofs, I use Aluminium from a major city transported to the location.. Last time I roofed a house in Kogi and bought all the Aluminium from Abuja. The next project I am using Tower aluminium from Lagos.

The 1st point is that you can always get your materials from anywhere to use anywhere with little transport.

2nd point is that you don't use 0.45mm gauge. It's too thin. To me it makes noise during rainfall and it's weaker since its thinner.

3rd point is that since your roofing is in Enugu, simply contact 3 roofers who will submit quote then make comparison. The doubts you raised is because you haven't compared with others. And don't compare with website prices or with what someone else has done in the past. The situations and circumstances may differ well.

1 Like

Re: Where Are The Building Professors; Spyder880, Fhemmmmy, Babrus, segzy14, segcymo by luka1981(m): 2:27pm On Dec 07, 2015
Where is the contact of this three roofers plz?
Re: Where Are The Building Professors; Spyder880, Fhemmmmy, Babrus, segzy14, segcymo by KolaShangOne(m): 7:02pm On Dec 07, 2015
adeekiti:
Oga Kolashangone ur service is needed here

Oga Adeekiti.. This Aluminium matter ehn, no be small thing o..
Just about 2 weeks ago, I had a friend / client that wanted the best in the market. He called Tower, called First Aluminium etc.. None of them have him a warranty above 1 year. Another installer also gave him a price lower than company price and told him he will use their material.

At the end of the day, I told him what to buy and how to check for quality which they told him wasnt possible. At the end, he saw the mark of quality on the material and he's still thanking me till today.

That's why I'm compiling naterials for my roofing thread. Will be finished soon.

@op Is your building a bungalow?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Where Are The Building Professors; Spyder880, Fhemmmmy, Babrus, segzy14, segcymo by unipol(m): 9:29pm On Dec 08, 2015
finally the answers are coming. yes, i think. but seriously i have a problem with Nigerian market systerm. No transparency and intergrity. my carpenter said 0.45mm metcopo, first alluminium is 1,350 Naira. i googled for first alluminium site and got their number but they said they supply directly from company in PH. but the cost is 1,450 plus trasportation. another roofer came, measured the house and gave a cheaper price and my question is why are those roofers cant only say their workmaship price and direct me to the company where i can buy my roofing materials? why are they giving different prices even cheaper than the company.

i seriously need a contact adress of an alluminium company in Enugu or in eastern Nigeria. the carpenters should mind their workmanship and not buying of materials.
Re: Where Are The Building Professors; Spyder880, Fhemmmmy, Babrus, segzy14, segcymo by luka1981(m): 9:32pm On Dec 09, 2015
Nigeria is bad in everything so one cannot buy roofing sheet without third party. Roofers are roofers not material sellers.
Re: Where Are The Building Professors; Spyder880, Fhemmmmy, Babrus, segzy14, segcymo by unipol(m): 9:51am On Dec 14, 2015
I think I should another thread on how to buy materials without using ur workers so that they will not inflate the price.
Re: Where Are The Building Professors; Spyder880, Fhemmmmy, Babrus, segzy14, segcymo by luka1981(m): 9:16pm On Dec 14, 2015
No body is really willing to open up. It is an acceptable 419. Capinters turning themselves into a magical material sellers in order to cheat building owners.

(1) (Reply)

You Need Or Have Property In Port Harcourt For: SALE, LET, BUY ? / Plots Of Land Within Redeem Camp Ground For 750k With R \S / In Need Of A Room Self Contain Around Offa Garage, Tanke And Tipper Garage Axis,

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.