Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,616 members, 7,813,027 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:55 AM

Glenn Hoddle: Aguero Among Best - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Glenn Hoddle: Aguero Among Best (719 Views)

Glenn Hoddle's Corruption Allegations Over Nigeria Job Lead To Inquiry / Eagles Coaching Job: Some Nff Officials Demanded Bribe From Glenn Hoddle / Glenn Hoddle Set To Be Named New Manager Of Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Glenn Hoddle: Aguero Among Best by Sultan5(m): 1:44am On Nov 26, 2014
Glenn Hoddle praised Sergio Aguero after the Argentine ensured Manchester City travel to Roma with something to play for in their last Champions League group game.

Aguero was again man of the match as City beat 10-man Bayern Munich at the Etihad Stadium, after twice going behind to the German champions.

Hoddle said: "He’s incredible. It was a magnificent performance from him. When a team go down to 10 men as Bayern did, you’d imagine that with City being at home they’d be peppering the goal.

"You get a feeling that the goals are coming, and that they’re going to score. Then they go 2-1 down, and without him they are out of the competition."

Aguero scored from the penalty spot to give City the lead before Xabi Alonso's free-kick on 40 minutes and Robert Lewandowski's strike on the stroke of half-time saw them 2-1 down at home.

The Premier League champions looked to be heading out of Europe's premier competition at the first hurdle for the second time in three years, but Aguero scored twice in the last five minutes to secure a much needed win for Manuel Pellegrini.

Finisher
The former Chelsea manager asked: "Where would City be in the Premier League without him? I’m not sure what position they would be in.

"I’m pretty sure they’d be out of the Champions League without this little man. He’s playing his very top form. If you say Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo are the best players in the world, then he – alongside Costa is probably the best finisher.

"As goal threats, someone you can have in your team and know they’d score goals.

"He’s as cool as you like with penalties. His second goal typifies him for me; there’s a long way to go, there’s a lot of strikers that wouldn’t score from that position. He’s got the pace and the calmness to just tuck it away against a world-class goalkeeper.

"It’s a fabulous performance."

What do you think is he really among they best or just over hyped like certain individuals claim

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Glenn Hoddle: Aguero Among Best by Nobody: 2:20am On Nov 26, 2014
One of the best finisher I will call it, No you need to replay the way he get those balls pass neuver, they were clinical finish. He has always been this striker right from time, but just like Van persie the formal arsenal hitman that ferguson use JUJU to buy from when he new all he needed was the guy for the vision 2020. him and aguero don't usually stay long on the radar, I guess this contribute alot to there not been well rated in the game of round leather.
I LOVE CR7 but I will use this medium to say congratulations to MESSI infact the lesson I learnt from him is that A MAN SHOULD NOT ONLY PRAY FOR THE ABILITY TO DO THINGS BUT THE LUCK TO GET IT DONE WHEN IT WILL BE BEST ACCEPTED. Look at the Champions League draw and him scoring hat trick for the memory to leave on.
Welldone to lionel messi.
Re: Glenn Hoddle: Aguero Among Best by Nobody: 4:41am On Nov 26, 2014
There are great players and there are good finishers.
Talk about players, talk about Messi, Ronaldo, Rooney, etc. Talk about amazing finishers who have magical legs and stay at the right position at the right time to kick the ball swiftly to the deadliest spots, you talk about Diego Costa, Kun Aguero, Van Persie(of then), Falcao(of then).
Re: Glenn Hoddle: Aguero Among Best by tuffgongjo(m): 8:31am On Nov 26, 2014
Sultan5:
Glenn Hoddle praised Sergio Aguero after the Argentine ensured Manchester City travel to Roma with something to play for in their last Champions League group game.

Aguero was again man of the match as City beat 10-man Bayern Munich at the Etihad Stadium, after twice going behind to the German champions.

Hoddle said: "He’s incredible. It was a magnificent performance from him. When a team go down to 10 men as Bayern did, you’d imagine that with City being at home they’d be peppering the goal.

"You get a feeling that the goals are coming, and that they’re going to score. Then they go 2-1 down, and without him they are out of the competition."

Aguero scored from the penalty spot to give City the lead before Xabi Alonso's free-kick on 40 minutes and Robert Lewandowski's strike on the stroke of half-time saw them 2-1 down at home.

The Premier League champions looked to be heading out of Europe's premier competition at the first hurdle for the second time in three years, but Aguero scored twice in the last five minutes to secure a much needed win for Manuel Pellegrini.

Finisher
The former Chelsea manager asked: "Where would City be in the Premier League without him? I’m not sure what position they would be in.

"I’m pretty sure they’d be out of the Champions League without this little man. He’s playing his very top form. If you say Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo are the best players in the world, then he – alongside Costa is probably the best finisher.

"As goal threats, someone you can have in your team and know they’d score goals.

"He’s as cool as you like with penalties. His second goal typifies him for me; there’s a long way to go, there’s a lot of strikers that wouldn’t score from that position. He’s got the pace and the calmness to just tuck it away against a world-class goalkeeper.

"It’s a fabulous performance."

What do you think is he really among they best or just over hyped like certain individuals claim
Over-hyped?No
He has being City's best performer$most consistent whenever he is playing,without him city won't be in number 3 on the log this season$I know city fans will be praying for an injury free season for him.

(1) (Reply)

The Liverpool Curse / Lionel Messi Set To Leave Barcelona For Chelsea? / Cristiano Ronaldo Wins Ballon D’or Award And Other Winners

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.