Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,957 members, 7,835,190 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:51 AM

Eagles Coaching Job: Some Nff Officials Demanded Bribe From Glenn Hoddle - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Eagles Coaching Job: Some Nff Officials Demanded Bribe From Glenn Hoddle (709 Views)

Enyeama & NFF Officials Having Lunch After Settling Their Differences / Scuffle In Eagles Camp As Nff Officials Trade Blows / Okocha To Join Super Eagles Coaching Crew In Technical Capacity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Eagles Coaching Job: Some Nff Officials Demanded Bribe From Glenn Hoddle by Seun(m): 5:44pm On Mar 10, 2010
Hoddle: Bribe Demanded By Nigeria

Former England manager, Glenn Hoddle, has said some top Nigerian officials demanded a bribe of $500,000 to facilitate his getting the country’s top coaching job.

According to Kwara State Governor, Bukola Saraki, Hoddle complained to him that some officials demanded he inflate his wage demands by $500,000 because this would guarantee the Englishman the job to lead the Super Eagles to the 2010 World Cup.

“My working with Hoddle was borne out of patriotism and my conviction that the right thing must be done. I met Hoddle, who complained that he was asked to part with $500,000 out of his $1.5 million (proposed salary) and that that was the only way to do business in Nigeria,” said Saraki.

“He said some people asked him to quote $1.5 million instead of the $900,000 he asked for.”

Football agent John Ola Shittu, who worked with Hoddle for the Nigeria job disclosed that the country’s anti-corruption body, Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), is now investigating this scandal after Saraki and he complained to the head of the Presidential Task Force (PTF) for the World Cup, Rivers State Governor, Rotimi Amaechi.

“It is high time that criminals parading themselves as sports officials in Nigeria were brought to book,” said Shittu.

Chairman of the technical committee of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF), Taiwo Ogunjobi, challenged Shittu to reveal the identity of the officials who demanded for this massive kickback.

“If he is sure of himself, let him reveal the identity of those who told Hoddle to inflate his salary,” said Ogunjobi, who was on the interview panel to hire a new Nigeria coach.

Another official added: “We were very transparent in the process of engaging a new coach and the scores of all the coaches have been published in the media.”

Former Sweden World Cup coach, Lars Lagerback, was named Nigeria coach late last month after he was rated the best of four other European coaches interviewed for the job. He has signed a contract that is renewable after the World Cup in July.

http://africanfootball.mtnfootball.com/live/content.php?Item_ID=27671
Re: Eagles Coaching Job: Some Nff Officials Demanded Bribe From Glenn Hoddle by Nobody: 5:55pm On Mar 10, 2010
I demand the names of those bribe-seeking officials

or else , ,,,,,
Re: Eagles Coaching Job: Some Nff Officials Demanded Bribe From Glenn Hoddle by semid4lyfe(m): 10:51pm On Mar 10, 2010
Aaah, no be na wa. . .na real wa! I ain't surprised but I woulda loved to know the names of these NFF officials. So I guess we can safely assume Lagerback's contract is inflated and someone is clearing some little sumtin-sumtin from his salary.
Re: Eagles Coaching Job: Some Nff Officials Demanded Bribe From Glenn Hoddle by Ibime(m): 10:59pm On Mar 10, 2010
Ogunjobi done see fish wey big pass am. Saraki and Amaechi must not let up on this issue oh! They should lock up all those idiots at the glass house from Sani Lulu to Taiwo Ogunjobi to Dominic Iorfa. If Waziri can just do this one thing. . .
Re: Eagles Coaching Job: Some Nff Officials Demanded Bribe From Glenn Hoddle by abrahym(m): 1:17pm On Mar 11, 2010
Na today?

(1) (Reply)

World Cup Stars In Their Boxers / Video Of Stampede That Occurred Outside During Nigeria V. Korea Friendly. Video / @@@

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.