Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,150 members, 7,953,557 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 06:57 PM

Help My 1st Generation Crv Shakes @ Only 40mph? N Tyres Wear Unevenly - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Help My 1st Generation Crv Shakes @ Only 40mph? N Tyres Wear Unevenly (1225 Views)

570k 5 Months Used 01 Corolla,Auto,Low Fuel,AC,Interior,Engine,Tyres 08168995190 / Buy Your Brand New Tyres And Fairly Used Tyres (1st Grade ) We Got Rims Too / Harsh Engine Sounds At Speeds Over 40mph:atn Siena (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Help My 1st Generation Crv Shakes @ Only 40mph? N Tyres Wear Unevenly by Nobody: 7:29pm On Nov 28, 2008
Hi Nairalanders,been using my crv for a while now and noticed that when am accelerating the car vibrates at about 40mph and then stops.i checked my aliement and wheel balancing and the diagnosis was that my tyres where wearing unevenly[the inner thread had lost more rubber] so i then got new tyres and still noticed some slight vibration too, so i was told to check the bearings in the back legs and it took this mechanic more than 4hrs to even see the bearing.wel the bearings are good but wat is causing the uneven wearing of my tyres?
Re: Help My 1st Generation Crv Shakes @ Only 40mph? N Tyres Wear Unevenly by promise72(m): 8:55pm On Nov 28, 2008
Go and do a real alignment. The first one you did just say that your tire is wearing unevenly. did they do the alignment?. If not. Yuo can do a computer alignment if available. Then you need to change the tires that uneven or at least let the vulcaniser dismount the tire and turn it around. So the ones thats wearing uneven will be on the other side of the rim.

Then you can probably put thos tires at the back. But the best option will be to buy new tires altogether and be over with. But not without a proper alignment tho.

Good luck.
Re: Help My 1st Generation Crv Shakes @ Only 40mph? N Tyres Wear Unevenly by Poj1(m): 10:19pm On Nov 28, 2008
If after you have had a proper alignment and balancing done,the uneven wearing still continue,you might be having a steering or a suspension problem,have the systems checked by a good mechanic.
You say the car 'shakes' at 40mph.Well if you feel a shaking at such cruising speed you might want to check your tyres are they all of the same and recommended specifications,if they are then you check the tyre pressures and also check if any of the tyre are cupped or bulging.Your car is an SUV and has a higher center of gravity than nomal cars so a little anomally in the steering,suspension and tyres have a greater effect on the overal handling of the vehicle. Cheers

(1) (Reply)

Spoiler And Sr5 Meanings In Auto(cars) / Nissan Jeep Pathfinder 2000 For Sale / sold sold sold.2005 Honda Civic,fresh And Very Neat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.