Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,286 members, 7,811,856 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:29 PM

The Power Of The Most Blessed Sacrament - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Power Of The Most Blessed Sacrament (5708 Views)

Is The Sacrament Of Matrimony 4 Sale? / On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- / Jesus Appeared Live At The Sacrament Of D St.paul's Catholic Church Benin City (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Power Of The Most Blessed Sacrament by Nobody: 10:13am On Nov 26, 2014
A common question people usually ask is, ''Is Jesus truly present in the Blessed Sacrament? Well, the young mother who was cured of cancer, has strongly testified to it that the same Jesus who died on the cross of calvary is present in the Most Blessed Sacrament. She gave her testimony of how having said yes when asked by a priest if she had faith that Jesus is present in the Blessed Sacrament, knelt down with him and recited 'Hail Mary' and 'Glory be'. And after sometime, asked him to stop as she no longer felt ill. When she went for test in the hospital, she was told that the cancer could no longer be found.
The other day I went to pray in the chapel, in front of the Blessed Sacrament. At night, I suddenly found myself being choked in the dream... And I started screaming Jesus Christ, a man then came and stayed by my side. After sometime, two birds flew out of my window and I found myself coming back to normal.. I then asked Him if He saw the two birds..and He said yes. I then asked asked why others could not see it, I've forgotten His answer. I then thanked Him and woke up.
Has anyone else experienced the power of the Blessed Sacrament?
Re: The Power Of The Most Blessed Sacrament by Mologi(m): 10:25am On Nov 26, 2014
The blessed sacrament has been and always will be shield for me and my family against evil....

As a consistent mass server my story of the blessed sacrament is just too long

my brother just believe and the
wonders(of holy communion) shall never end in your life

AMEN
Re: The Power Of The Most Blessed Sacrament by Nobody: 10:34am On Nov 26, 2014
Mologi:
The blessed sacrament has been and always will be shield for me and my family against evil....

AMEN
AMEN..but I'm a female o
Re: The Power Of The Most Blessed Sacrament by Mologi(m): 10:35am On Nov 26, 2014
Valued:

AMEN..but I'm a female o
i knew that...did i refer you as male..lol
Re: The Power Of The Most Blessed Sacrament by Nobody: 10:39am On Nov 26, 2014
Its only for those who believe..We work by faith and not by sight..Non catholics that believes have recieved alot from him ever present in the blessed sacrament..while lazy yori yori catholics that dont believe keeps running un and down for fake miracle..
Re: The Power Of The Most Blessed Sacrament by Nobody: 10:43am On Nov 26, 2014
samflexx:
Its only for those who believe..We work by faith and not by sight..Non catholics that believes have recieved alot from him ever present in the blessed sacrament..while lazy yori yori catholics that dont believe keeps running un and down for fake miracle..
Very true..
Re: The Power Of The Most Blessed Sacrament by Nobody: 11:59am On Nov 26, 2014
Is the blessed sacrament the same as holy communion?
Re: The Power Of The Most Blessed Sacrament by Tranglatar(m): 12:09pm On Nov 26, 2014
Zeemoor:
Is the blessed sacrament the same as holy communion?

Yes. (if it's Catholic Holy Communion) - The source and summit of our faith !!
Thou has given the people bread from heaven, having all sweetness in it !!

You just need to partake or watch the procession during the solemnity of Christ the King to have an idea how we adore and worship the Blessed Sacrament

Believe in HIS true presence in the Blessed Sacrament is only by faith ".. Faith our outward sense befriending makes the inward vision clear"
And you cannot force/ coerce/ cajole/ goad HIM to reveal/ prove HIS presence - HE will do what HE wants when HE wants to the glory of GOD !!
Re: The Power Of The Most Blessed Sacrament by Nobody: 12:22pm On Nov 26, 2014
the blessed sacrament works wonders.i am a living proof of that
Re: The Power Of The Most Blessed Sacrament by Nobody: 1:02pm On Nov 26, 2014
Tranglatar:

Yes. (if it's Catholic Holy Communion)
In other words, the Roman catholics' blessed sacrament is quite different from the pentecostals' Lord's supper, yes?

~
Some years back, I went to mass with a friend and when people were moving in procession to receive the body and blood of Christ in communion, I asked him if I could partake in the communion but he told me I can't receive it since I'm not a catholic
That statement got me wondering if we truly serve the same God
So, my question is, why can't non-catholics receive the communion?
Re: The Power Of The Most Blessed Sacrament by Tranglatar(m): 1:58pm On Nov 26, 2014
Zeemoor:

In other words, the Roman catholics' blessed sacrament is quite different from the pentecostals' Lord's supper, yes?
~
Some years back, I went to mass with a friend and when people were moving in procession to receive the body and blood of Christ in communion, I asked him if I could partake in the communion but he told me I can't receive it since I'm not a catholic

For you to accept your friend's (and the Church's) statement and not go against it implies the grace of GOD is in you.
You see, the Holy Eucharist is the source and summit of the Catholic faith, so we guard it so jealously and also to ensure it is received worthily!!!
For you to receive the Holy Eucharist/ communion/ blessed sacrament, you have to;
Believe in what we Catholics believe.

1) That HE (JESUS CHRIST) is REALLY/ TRULY/ ACTUALLY PRESENT Body, Soul and Divinity in it NOT representation
2) be in state of grace
3) observe the Eucharistic fast - no food or drink for at least 1hr before the Holy Communion
4) be free from ecclesiastical censure

These obligations ensures one does not receive condemnation instead of life.

2 Likes

Re: The Power Of The Most Blessed Sacrament by italo: 2:28pm On Nov 26, 2014
samflexx:

Very very true.
Re: The Power Of The Most Blessed Sacrament by italo: 2:30pm On Nov 26, 2014
Mologi:

AMEN

Brother, I've always imagined how much you mass servers must be experiencing that the rest of us probably dont.

Do you mind sharing a story or two concerning the Blessed Sacrament.

I too have numerous testimonies so I can understand if you dunno where to start from. smiley
Re: The Power Of The Most Blessed Sacrament by Nobody: 2:42pm On Nov 26, 2014
Who told u that Yahweh is confined to 1 cubicle in ur church,,excuse me,,Yahweh is every where ,Catholics are just Satanists and they don't it yet
Re: The Power Of The Most Blessed Sacrament by Rich4god(m): 3:36pm On Nov 26, 2014
Unibenstudent:
Who told u that Yahweh is confined to 1 cubicle in ur church,,excuse me,,Yahweh is every where ,Catholics are just Satanists and they don't it yet
e dey vex you...

1 Like

Re: The Power Of The Most Blessed Sacrament by Nobody: 6:28pm On Nov 26, 2014
italo:

Brother, I've always imagined how much you mass servers must be experiencing that the rest of us probably dont.

Do you mind sharing a story or two concerning the Blessed Sacrament.

I too have numerous testimonies so I can understand if you dunno where to start from. smiley
Please share one of your experiences naw..
Re: The Power Of The Most Blessed Sacrament by Syncan(m): 7:06pm On Nov 26, 2014
Zeemoor:

~

The bro above answered well, just in addition, the non-Catholics see it as a symbol and not really the body, this is a significant difference in belief. Hence such persons cannot fulfill what is necessary(as laid down by the church) to receive it worthily, yet 1Cor 11:29 says : For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body.
Re: The Power Of The Most Blessed Sacrament by Nobody: 8:49pm On Nov 26, 2014
Thanks for taking your time to explain
However, I think making an announcement before the commencement of communion (during wedding or funeral mass) about the Roman Catholic stance on receiving holy communion will be great
It sure won't make non catholics feel slighted or criticized
The Father(s) should about what the church teaches
Tranglatar:

For you to accept your friend's (and the Church's) statement and not go against it implies the grace of GOD is in you.
You see, the Holy Eucharist is the source and summit of the Catholic faith, so we guard it so jealously and also to ensure it is received worthily!!!
For you to receive the Holy Eucharist/ communion/ blessed sacrament, you have to;
Believe in what we Catholics believe.

1) That HE (JESUS CHRIST) is REALLY/ TRULY/ ACTUALLY PRESENT Body, Soul and Divinity in it NOT representation
2) be in state of grace
3) observe the Eucharistic fast - no food or drink for at least 1hr before the Holy Communion
4) be free from ecclesiastical censure

These obligations ensures one does not receive condemnation instead of life.
Syncan:

The bro above answered well, just in addition, the non-Catholics see it as a symbol and not really the body, this is a significant difference in belief. Hence such persons cannot fulfill what is necessary(as laid down by the church) to receive it worthily, yet 1Cor 11:29 says : For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body.
Re: The Power Of The Most Blessed Sacrament by Syncan(m): 9:25pm On Nov 26, 2014
Zeemoor:
Thanks for taking your time to explain
However, I think making an announcement before the commencement of communion (during wedding or funeral mass) about the Roman Catholic stance on receiving holy communion will be great
It sure won't make non catholics feel slighted or criticized
The Father(s) should about what the church teaches

You're welcome. The bold is done in many places.
Re: The Power Of The Most Blessed Sacrament by babestell(f): 10:01am On Nov 27, 2014
When I was job hunting...I went before the Blessed Sacrament and asked for my dream job...It was like film show the way everything went so smoothly for me. Till today ...3 years down the line...I still shock as to how God lifted me up. I trace everything to that day before the sacrament when I laid down and poured my heart out to God in supplication.

Our Lady and I have agreed that I must receive the Blessed Eucharist worthily and in my complete sense before I draw my last.

O Sacrament most holy!
O Sacrament divine!
All praise and all thanksgiving
be every moment Thine.

2 Likes

Re: The Power Of The Most Blessed Sacrament by Tranglatar(m): 11:07am On Nov 27, 2014
Testimony - Lengthy but bear with me

When i was about to marry/ wed, i went broke practically lost my job and wedding was just about 60days away. To make matters worse, house rent expired and need to be paid. As always when marriage knocks on your door, nobody needs to tell you it's time to PRAY !!

I was always at the Chapel of Perpetual Adoration at Holy Trinity Maitama. morning, afternoon and evening. even became part of the Eucharist Adorers. To whom do i go if not to HIM.

A friend lent me 150k to add to another 200k given to me by another friend to supplement and pay my house rent. (afterall i need to secure accommodation before wedding -abi?). How come he lent me the money? He was a good friend (died in 2012 - may his soul rest in peace). It happened we were chatting about life challenges and i mentioned my financial quagmire. he intoned that he has set aside money to pay his house rent in 2wks time. i told him that it's GOD that made him voice this out as mine is due in 3days. so i asked him to give me the 150k from that money and that i would unfailingly repay him in 12days time.

Did i lie at that time considering my financial predicament? No !!! Why? How?
In a bid to raise money for my house rent and wedding, i put up a property (land) i had for sale and a former colleague offered to buy it at a higher price as a favour to me. He would pay up in that 12days time. So i spoke based on this. My friend gave me the money and i paid off my house rent

Then guess what?
On the 11th day the former colleague called to inform me that the money he expected to buy the land did not materialize !!! i almost fainted. It was then i learnt what it means to keep everything to yourself and ponder over them in your heart - BUT IT WAS NOT EASY!!!! But i did not tell anyone except HIM and HIS MOTHER!!!!

That night after my daily visitations and prayers, i went to sleep. When i woke up around 2am to pray (especially stations of the cross) i received a text message from a colleague at my office (the office at which i just practically lost my job). Before i continue i have to tell you about this my colleague

She schooled abroad incl masters from one of the best University in England. She came to Naija for NYSC and got posted to our establishment. Normally i am biased against foreign students. i feel they may just be "denge" people with nothing upstairs. Who knows if the school exists. So i preferred another guy tha schooled in Naija. but my boss insisted on the girl as he himself just returned from UK. When i insisted and we checked scores i gave them during interview, it turned out the girl and the naija guy had same scores (not predetermined!!!). This even made me more determined in rejecting the girl as i felt that with masters et al the Naija guy with only first degree made same score hence must be better. But my boss had his way. I never knew GOD had a hand in it - HE is just too much !!!

When the girl resumed with us, we got to be very good friends !!! how? why? She's Catholic. Pure/ Saintly. etc.

Now back to the sms from her. it read "Matt 6:25 - 38" - nothing else.

I opened my bible and it was about not being anxious for anything as the Almighty GOD is a sufficient Provider!! I said to my self, "this girl doesn't understand at all, i have to repay a friend that lent me money out of love 150k and i don't have it" but i used the verses to pray.

On the D-Day, on my way to that "office" i visited the chapel. when i came out and put on my phone, i received an sms from my friend that lent me money. it read thus: "how far? we don't hear from you again? use part of the money for your wedding. do you still need help?"

I just put off the phone, rushed back to the chapel to thank and adore HIM - it was too much !!!

Think HE's though with me yet - just wait for this

At the office, the girl came in later (had to go to NYSC office) then asked after some time what was in the sms she sent to me? my mouth was agap!! she said something kept prompting her to call me in the middle of the night but she didn't know what, and what she would tell me. I showed her the sms. she asked what the bible passage is all about (she confessed as not being a bible scholar per se)? i opened the bible and read it out to her. she then told me that i must have been anxious for something but that she doesn't understand.

I then told her my financial quagmire and what happened that morning. She then exclaimed that it must be the HOLY SPIRIT at work !!!
Just imagine GOD's foresight, etc.

JESUS - King of Kings. I adore and worship YOU. I so much love the Blessed Sacrament

More to follow ...

1 Like

Re: The Power Of The Most Blessed Sacrament by Nobody: 1:35pm On Nov 27, 2014
Tranglatar:
Testimony - Lengthy but bear with me

When i was about to marry/ wed, i went broke practically lost my job and wedding was just about 60days away. To make matters worse, house rent expired and need to be paid. As always when marriage knocks on your door, nobody needs to tell you it's time to PRAY !!

I was always at the Chapel of Perpetual Adoration at Holy Trinity Maitama. morning, afternoon and evening. even became part of the Eucharist Adorers. To whom do i go if not to HIM.

A friend lent me 150k to add to another 200k given to me by another friend to supplement and pay my house rent. (afterall i need to secure accommodation before wedding -abi?). How come he lent me the money? He was a good friend (died in 2012 - may his soul rest in peace). It happened we were chatting about life challenges and i mentioned my financial quagmire. he intoned that he has set aside money to pay his house rent in 2wks time. i told him that it's GOD that made him voice this out as mine is due in 3days. so i asked him to give me the 150k from that money and that i would unfailingly repay him in 12days time.

Did i lie at that time considering my financial predicament? No !!! Why? How?
In a bid to raise money for my house rent and wedding, i put up a property (land) i had for sale and a former colleague offered to buy it at a higher price as a favour to me. He would pay up in that 12days time. So i spoke based on this. My friend gave me the money and i paid off my house rent

Then guess what?
On the 11th day the former colleague called to inform me that the money he expected to buy the land did not materialize !!! i almost fainted. It was then i learnt what it means to keep everything to yourself and ponder over them in your heart - BUT IT WAS NOT EASY!!!! But i did not tell anyone except HIM and HIS MOTHER!!!!

That night after my daily visitations and prayers, i went to sleep. When i woke up around 2am to pray (especially stations of the cross) i received a text message from a colleague at my office (the office at which i just practically lost my job). Before i continue i have to tell you about this my colleague

She schooled abroad incl masters from one of the best University in England. She came to Naija for NYSC and got posted to our establishment. Normally i am biased against foreign students. i feel they may just be "denge" people with nothing upstairs. Who knows if the school exists. So i preferred another guy tha schooled in Naija. but my boss insisted on the girl as he himself just returned from UK. When i insisted and we checked scores i gave them during interview, it turned out the girl and the naija guy had same scores (not predetermined!!!). This even made me more determined in rejecting the girl as i felt that with masters et al the Naija guy with only first degree made same score hence must be better. But my boss had his way. I never knew GOD had a hand in it - HE is just too much !!!

When the girl resumed with us, we got to be very good friends !!! how? why? She's Catholic. Pure/ Saintly. etc.

Now back to the sms from her. it read "Matt 6:25 - 38" - nothing else.

I opened my bible and it was about not being anxious for anything as the Almighty GOD is a sufficient Provider!! I said to my self, "this girl doesn't understand at all, i have to repay a friend that lent me money out of love 150k and i don't have it" but i used the verses to pray.

On the D-Day, on my way to that "office" i visited the chapel. when i came out and put on my phone, i received an sms from my friend that lent me money. it read thus: "how far? we don't hear from you again? use part of the money for your wedding. do you still need help?"

I just put off the phone, rushed back to the chapel to thank and adore HIM - it was too much !!!

Think HE's though with me yet - just wait for this

At the office, the girl came in later (had to go to NYSC office) then asked after some time what was in the sms she sent to me? my mouth was agap!! she said something kept prompting her to call me in the middle of the night but she didn't know what, and what she would tell me. I showed her the sms. she asked what the bible passage is all about (she confessed as not being a bible scholar per se)? i opened the bible and read it out to her. she then told me that i must have been anxious for something but that she doesn't understand.

I then told her my financial quagmire and what happened that morning. She then exclaimed that it must be the HOLY SPIRIT at work !!!
Just imagine GOD's foresight, etc.

JESUS - King of Kings. I adore and worship YOU. I so much love the Blessed Sacrament

More to follow ...
Amazing...I didn't even notice it was lengthy as you said, cos I was eager reading to see the end.

I thank God for you..
Re: The Power Of The Most Blessed Sacrament by Rich4god(m): 3:26pm On Nov 27, 2014
Following... My own testimony on the way...
Just for the record...
www.nairaland.com/1464338/thread-catholics/267#28391438

(1) (Reply)

Never Neglect Rules And Focus On Prayer / Another Warning By Brother Ubani / My Journey From Islam To Atheism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.