Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,259 members, 7,815,411 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:56 AM

A Closer Look At The Innoson SUV. (pictures) - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / A Closer Look At The Innoson SUV. (pictures) (4750 Views)

Innoson Made-In-Nigeria SUV Worth N5.6m / Pictures: Presidency Officials Now Use Innoson Suv's / Bentley First Ever Suv (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Closer Look At The Innoson SUV. (pictures) by DjAndroid: 2:29pm On Nov 26, 2014
I was opportune to be driven in this SUV and I made the following observations:

Manual Transmission (no auxiliary)

Driver and passenger airbags

Keyless entry, power window, power mirrors

Touchscreen display on dashboard

Mp3 player (via memory card slot) (no cd player)

A slot for GPS peripheral ( I don't know about this but I saw a port written "GPS"wink

Parades mitsubishi engine (though I don't know what model of mitsubishi, the driver doesn't know either)

AC chilling but makes uncomfortable noice.

Speed ok but lacks stability (according to the driver)

UPDATED ***** Reverse Camera

Fuel economy ok. (According to the driver)

If I remember another I will tell you.

1 Like

Re: A Closer Look At The Innoson SUV. (pictures) by diportivo: 3:04pm On Nov 26, 2014
Waiting for my ogas to start the analysis cool
Re: A Closer Look At The Innoson SUV. (pictures) by Nobody: 3:27pm On Nov 26, 2014
You need better pics.
Re: A Closer Look At The Innoson SUV. (pictures) by colossus2: 7:15pm On Nov 26, 2014
Lolz....the cloth for the gear don dey peel and the motor never pass 1year.
All this made in aba tinz sha.
Very soon na umbrella dem go improvise put for gear like all this lagos danfo and coaster bus.

4 Likes

Re: A Closer Look At The Innoson SUV. (pictures) by colossus2: 7:22pm On Nov 26, 2014
DjAndroid:

Mp3 Music player (via memory card slot) (no cd player)

AC chilling but makes uncomfortable noise.
Nna ehn embarassed
Re: A Closer Look At The Innoson SUV. (pictures) by oride: 7:22pm On Nov 26, 2014
I will never consider touching that death trap with a long pole.

1 Like

Re: A Closer Look At The Innoson SUV. (pictures) by Nobody: 8:10pm On Nov 26, 2014
DjAndroid:

Mp3 Music player (via memory card slot) (no cd player)

I don't think this is possible. There's got to be a CD player somewhere.
Re: A Closer Look At The Innoson SUV. (pictures) by Lagusta(m): 8:51pm On Nov 26, 2014
Dont be suprised nah, shebi the SUV is just one million naira brand new....

Can you buy ordinary brand new kia sportage or hyundai santa-fe for that same price

Not to talk of a brand new toyota sequoia
Re: A Closer Look At The Innoson SUV. (pictures) by DjAndroid: 9:08pm On Nov 26, 2014
greenhulk:

I don't think this is possible. There's got to be a CD player somewhere.

I exam well. There's no cd. The driver confirmed it also.
Re: A Closer Look At The Innoson SUV. (pictures) by domack99(m): 9:18pm On Nov 26, 2014
If all these are true, then Innosan can't survive then.
Re: A Closer Look At The Innoson SUV. (pictures) by Lagusta(m): 9:25pm On Nov 26, 2014
But wait, lets examine this critically, how many nigerians use their CD players, there are more mp3 players in nigerian cars nowadays....

Some even buy phone auxilliary cables and plug it in, playing music from their phones....

So whats the biggie about CD players?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Closer Look At The Innoson SUV. (pictures) by colossus2: 9:32pm On Nov 26, 2014
Lagusta:
But wait, lets examine this critically, how many nigerians use their CD players, there are more mp3 players in nigerian cars nowadays....

Some even buy phone auxilliary cables and plug it in, playing music from their phones....

Like seriously....you asking this?
There's no need for Speaker either.

6 Likes

Re: A Closer Look At The Innoson SUV. (pictures) by abatically(m): 9:45pm On Nov 26, 2014
Lagusta:

CD players are becoming obsolete, but no doubt they are still required in cars, even the most expensive cars have CD players even though they have other medias like Pandora, sattelite radio, etc. I can't remember the last time I played CD in my car, its always my connected iPod or FM.

But then let's take a look at this scenerio, u are driving and come across an album u like on the road, just buy it slot into ur car CD player and enjoy. Why wait until u get home, rip the CDz transfer into ur mp3 player before u can enjoy it in ur car. It doesn't make any sense. Or let's say u went to a seminar or church and u bought the CD of the event, how can u listen to it in ur car without first converting it into mp3... Doesn't make sense.

So my brother, CD players are very essential in any car. Especially in Nigeria that streaming is not yet embraced. If it were in advanced countries it is easy to stream Pandora or iHeartRadio from ur car, but which network will offer u that here in Nigeria? If innoson decide not to include a CD player in their car (which I still don't believe ) then its a very BIG FAIL. As for me I take metadata very important, so I take my time to get my music on my iPod and the metadata can be displayed right there on my head unit with the album art, but sometimes there is no time to transfer stuff into my iPod which is where CD players come into use.

4 Likes

Re: A Closer Look At The Innoson SUV. (pictures) by DjAndroid: 9:47pm On Nov 26, 2014
colossus2:
Lolz....the cloth for the gear don dey peel and the motor never pass 1year.
All this made in aba tinz sha.
Very soon na umbrella dem go improvise put for gear like all this lagos danfo and coaster bus.

It took major auto makers years to get to the stage where they are now. It is written, "don't despise your little beginning" appreciate it.

The seats in that vehicle were manufactured in Nnewi there by a third party.

Gradually, Innoson will graduate.

Rome was not built in a day.

2 Likes

Re: A Closer Look At The Innoson SUV. (pictures) by colossus2: 9:58pm On Nov 26, 2014
DjAndroid:

It took major auto makers years to get to the stage where they are now. It is written, "don't despise your little beginning" appreciate it.

The seats in that vehicle were manufactured in Nnewi there by a third party.

Gradually, Innoson will graduate.

More pix
Fine, Rome wasn't built in a day.
But this is what you get for that price (1m).
There's no way you would tell me that in the whole of nnewi, there's no upholstery workshop that can do a standard work.

4 Likes

Re: A Closer Look At The Innoson SUV. (pictures) by Lagusta(m): 10:11pm On Nov 26, 2014
colossus2:

Like seriously....you asking this?
There's no need for Speaker either.

eheen, u wan start am abi.....

Oya, there is no need for a steering wheel grin grin

@abatically, thanx jare for the concise explanation
Re: A Closer Look At The Innoson SUV. (pictures) by colossus2: 10:15pm On Nov 26, 2014
Lagusta:

eheen, u wan start am abi.....

Oya, there is no need for a steering wheel grin grin

@abatically, thanx jare for the concise explanation

cheesy grin
Re: A Closer Look At The Innoson SUV. (pictures) by lonelydora: 4:26am On Nov 27, 2014
I have been a supporter of INNOSON motors, but as long as there is no CD player(which I find it hard to believe)then I GIVE UP ON IVM.
Re: A Closer Look At The Innoson SUV. (pictures) by Nobody: 4:59am On Nov 27, 2014
lonelydora:
I have been a supporter of INNOSON motors, but as long as there is no CD player(which I find it hard to believe)then I GIVE UP ON IVM.

There would be a cd loader either in the trunk or glove compartment
Re: A Closer Look At The Innoson SUV. (pictures) by xerotop(m): 6:45am On Nov 27, 2014
And who says that SUV is 1m naira?
Then i guess d smaller saloons will be 200k.
Dont be decieved

3 Likes

Re: A Closer Look At The Innoson SUV. (pictures) by DjAndroid: 8:13am On Nov 27, 2014
lonelydora:

So you hate a vehicle because it doesn't have cd player.
What about tokumbo cars that don't come with CDs?

If you don't like the mp3 player on Innoson, remove and install any cd of your choice. At least it's detachable.

1 Like

Re: A Closer Look At The Innoson SUV. (pictures) by Nobody: 8:30am On Nov 27, 2014
DjAndroid:

If you don't like the mp3 player on Innoson, remove and install any cd of your choice. At least it's detachable.

If indeed that SUV doesn't have a CD player, then it is a FAIL and it means Innosson lack good advisers. I'm not opposed to Nigerian made cars, but not adding a CD player is a fail. Yes we all love mp3 but what happens when u don't have time to download songs or to convert ur CD into MP3. That SUV will probably be bought mostly by older people who don't know jack about mp3. Installing only an mp3 player in a new car and ommitting CD player doesn't make any sense. Every car I have seen with mp3 capabilities comes with CD player as standard.

So if I attend a seminar and buy a CD of the event, I can't play it in my car on my way home? I can't buy an album on the road and listen in my car? U will hardly see a 2000 upwards tokunbo car without a CD player, so how can a 2014 car not have one yet it has a big a$s navigation screen.
Re: A Closer Look At The Innoson SUV. (pictures) by Lagusta(m): 8:32am On Nov 27, 2014
xerotop:
And who says that SUV is 1m naira?
Then i guess d smaller saloons will be 200k.
Dont be decieved

the op himself can confirm that its 1milla....
Re: A Closer Look At The Innoson SUV. (pictures) by lonelydora: 8:44am On Nov 27, 2014
DjAndroid:

Giving up does not in any way mean Hatred.
Re: A Closer Look At The Innoson SUV. (pictures) by lonelydora: 8:50am On Nov 27, 2014
DjAndroid:

Remember also that no day was wasted building Rome.

Why would they make a car without CD player knowing fully well that they are still struggling with the big player? Yea, CD player is becoming obsolete but the big players still put it in their cars.

Remember I am a fan of Innoson because of "local content"
Re: A Closer Look At The Innoson SUV. (pictures) by DjAndroid: 10:46pm On Nov 27, 2014
This cd player issue is because the vehicle is made in Nigeria. If it was a toyota or Honda product that has no cd player, I know you people would have praised it and say cd is no more in vogue.

3 Likes

Re: A Closer Look At The Innoson SUV. (pictures) by 9icetoo(m): 7:40am On Nov 29, 2014
When newer cars were made without cassette players, no one moaned. CDs are becoming obsolete. face that fact. When was the last time you bought a CD and played it? I can't remember either. I have all my songs on my flash or phone and play them from there. The first Hondas were nothing to write home about in terms of quality. Same goes for so many auto makers out there. Kia anyone. The first Kias that came to Nigeria were rubbish in terms of quality but they got you from point A to B. Gradually they improved. Innoson will improve on its quality and standards. We can crucify him if after a few years he hasn't improved.

2 Likes

Re: A Closer Look At The Innoson SUV. (pictures) by Nobody: 9:15am On Nov 29, 2014
Regardless of CD players becoming obsolete or not, I don't know of any current model that does NOT come fitted with CD capabilities as standard, worse still if it has an attractive large screen, and an SD / USB slot.

I personally DO play CD's, despite my car having media slots, Bluetooth, and the ability to stream media directly from my iPhone / iPad. There are undoubtedly others like myself. The end user MUST be given a choice of how to play media in a new vehicle, this choice has clearly been taken away in this SUV.

Quality is everything. Out of interest, how old is this vehicle? I only ask, because the steering wheel badge and gear lever gaiter are already looking really worn.

4 Likes

Re: A Closer Look At The Innoson SUV. (pictures) by Homguy(m): 12:06pm On Nov 29, 2014
Lagusta:

cool point.
Re: A Closer Look At The Innoson SUV. (pictures) by Homguy(m): 12:26pm On Nov 29, 2014
At siena, lonelydora, greenhulk, domack99,...I can't be closer to the truth if I said you all are whining about the vehicle lacking a CD player because its an indigenous make. Here's what a simple google search provided, www.usatoday.com/story/money/cars/2013/08/04/cd-players-cars-disappear/2601827/

Yet, no one is yet to shed a tear about it. So please cut this dude some slack, it takes balls of steel to attempt anything like this in nigeria,despite all odds stacked against him rather than inspite any favorable atmosphere present here.

3 Likes

Re: A Closer Look At The Innoson SUV. (pictures) by abatically(m): 1:16pm On Nov 29, 2014
Homguy:
At siena, lonelydora, greenhulk, domack99,...I can't be closer to the truth if I said you all are whining about the vehicle lacking a CD player because its an indigenous make. Here's what a simple google search provided, www.usatoday.com/story/money/cars/2013/08/04/cd-players-cars-disappear/2601827/

Yet, no one is yet to shed a tear about it. So please cut this dude some slack, it takes balls of steel to attempt anything like this in nigeria,despite all odds stacked against him rather than inspite any favorable atmosphere present here.

My guy just face the truth. This has nothing to do with the car being Nigerian made or not. Even a buggati veyron that is strictly a racing car with little or no entertainment has CD player, not to talk of an SUV (utility vehicle).

Not everyone has time to play music from their phones or SD cards. In fact, a high percentage of Nigerians that are 40 + years know nothing about computer or transferring music to media. They only need their cars FM and CD player, are u saying this SUV is not for them? This is just like building a mobile phone that shoots amazing photos but can't make a simple thing as send a text message. Whats the point of having a big navigation/media screen in a car and yet they didn't include a CD player?

Look if u are going to completely replace something, then u should have something that is easier and more convinent than the one u are replacing. When CD payers replaced cassette platers, it was obvious CDs are better and more convenient to use. U can skip tracks on CDs which is impossible with cassettes. BMW built a car and didnt add an extra trye but they included run flat tyres which are more convinent than changing tyres.

Now how is playing music from phones or mp3 players or SD cards more convinent than CD players. Yes they could be more convinent but what would u go through before getting the music there? Let's say I like 2face and I want to get his new album, simple just buy CD and play. OK u can also buy and download on iTunes but what if I don't have a credit card? I can download a few tracks online but not while album (even though it is possible to download full album for free) but who has that time ? Plus I am going to waste my internet data to download. If BMW , Toyota, Audi, Mercedes Benz, etc still add CD players to their cars, who is innoson not to. Yes it is good to innovate but mp3 or SD card capability is not an innovation of innoson either.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Urgent Pls!!!! Removal of car tint! / Need Advice As Regards Purchasing A Lexus RX 300 / Cylinder 4 Misfire After Battery Change.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.