Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,455 members, 7,816,052 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:14 AM

A Closer Look At The Innoson SUV. (pictures) - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / A Closer Look At The Innoson SUV. (pictures) (4752 Views)

Innoson Made-In-Nigeria SUV Worth N5.6m / Pictures: Presidency Officials Now Use Innoson Suv's / Bentley First Ever Suv (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Closer Look At The Innoson SUV. (pictures) by Homguy(m): 1:40pm On Nov 29, 2014
abatically:

My guy just face the truth. This has nothing to do with the car being Nigerian made or not. Even a buggati veyron that is strictly a racing car with little or no entertainment has CD player, not to talk of an SUV (utility vehicle).

Not everyone has time to play music from their phones or SD cards. In fact, a high percentage of Nigerians that are 40 + years know nothing about computer or transferring music to media. They only need their cars FM and CD player, are u saying this SUV is not for them? This is just like building a mobile phone that shoots amazing photos but can't make a simple thing as send a text message. Whats the point of having a big navigation/media screen in a car and yet they didn't include a CD player?
this company is still in its infancy, and are yet to get everything right, including this. Matter of fact, its been a long time I used my car's CD player or seen anyone use theirs. On the side, its wrong to think that only aged people will by this ride as even Op's friend doesn't come across as aged from the post.
Re: A Closer Look At The Innoson SUV. (pictures) by Nobody: 8:03pm On Nov 29, 2014
Homguy:
this company is still in its infancy, and are yet to get everything right, including this. Matter of fact, its been a long time I used my car's CD player or seen anyone use theirs. On the side, its wrong to think that only aged people will by this ride as even Op's friend doesn't come across as aged from the post.

This is just like building a car with air conditioner and then seal all the windows such that u can't wind down. After all why do u need to wind down when u have ac lol. Just accept it, they made a mistake and I'm sure they will add CD player in future models.
Re: A Closer Look At The Innoson SUV. (pictures) by 9icetoo(m): 8:25pm On Nov 29, 2014
greenhulk:

This is just like building a car with air conditioner and then seal all the windows such that u can't wind down. After all why do u need to wind down when u have ac lol. Just accept it, they made a mistake and I'm sure they will add CD player in future models.
Yes, they made a mistake. Who hasn't? Will he fix the mistake? I think so. Till then, he has done what a lot of entrepreneurs couldn't and wouldn't dare. I am not justifying not having a CD player in a car but it is not the most important thing in a car. if that car is still running after five years or 100,000kms without any mechanical issues, then he would have achieved what was thought impossible in Nigeria. Lets promote Nigeria. Lets support home made. PS, the car has power windows and AC.

1 Like

Re: A Closer Look At The Innoson SUV. (pictures) by DjAndroid: 10:50am On Nov 30, 2014
CD players make quiet exit from cars.
The compact disk player has begun the long slow fade-out from cars.

The CD player is making an agonizingly drawn-out exit due to more convenient ways to bring music to cars -- such as smartphones, iPods or other players, streaming and other technologies -- rapidly taking its place.

The reason for the long goodbye is obvious: mountains of CDs accumulated over the years by owners unwilling to see their collections destined for the high-tech trash bin. "There's so much investment in our CD catalog," says Mike VanNieuwkuyk, executive director of global automotive for J.D. Power and Associates, which released findings of a study earlier this year that shows a drop-off in CD listening while driving.

The survey found external devices such as iPods or smartphones have pulled even with CD players as listening devices in cars. Automotive designers are shedding no tears for the embattled CD.

They're already using the space it occupied for larger center stack screens. "The center stack is such precious real estate," says Klaus Busse, Chrysler's interior design chief. "Every millimeter, not just every inch, counts."

And the slot for pushing in disks, is not the only space issue caused by the player in the electronics-packed center stack. Busse says all the components in that area generate heat and take up room behind the scenes, affecting, for example, the routing of air-conditioning ducts. Cluster them too close together, and you complicate packaging or risk overheating.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/cars/2013/08/04/cd-players-cars-disappear/2601827/
Re: A Closer Look At The Innoson SUV. (pictures) by bravolad(m): 12:43pm On Nov 30, 2014
It is not just a mistake not to include a CD player in a modern vehicle but a design error. Just to buttress the points most respondents here have made, if pace setters within the automobile industry still have CD players in their vehicles; why would Innoson, an upcoming indigenous auto manufacturer not deem it necessary to add that feature to their design.

Having said that, I Think they hurriedly went on sale without necessarily undertaking a study of their customers' taste and choices. I have only seen their SUVs but not sedan or saloon counterpart. Does it mean everybody would be forced to use SUV? It is a wonderful thing to have an automobile designed and assembled in Nigeria but what about maintenance of such automobile. Assuming I leave in Sokoto and I buy IVM, can I get replacement parts in that region of the country. If I am driving on the road and certain components of the vehicle fails, can I easily find replacement parts? What about workshops...how well spread are they within Nigeria?

In as much as we need to encourage the local content, it must be done the right way. Before you begin to manufacture cars, you must have the capacity to build and manufacture serviceable/replacement parts for those vehicles. Research automobile manufactures across the world, you will find out that those countries have the capacity to produce serviceable parts. This is what basically drives the automobile industry.

Nigeria relies heavily on imported products including serviceable parts for vehicles imported into the country. Personally, I don't like any of the Innoson's SUVs in terms of their shape and look but some other people may like it. How long do you think they can be kept on the Nigerian roads. Can Nigeria sustain this car manufacturing industry? In a few years from now, let's see how far we can go with it. What about the build quality of those vehicles? How many Nigerians can afford those vehicles (even though they are brand new) and keep them on the roads for the five years? The popular Igbo adage "that at the end of the journey, we shall count the miles covered" comes to mind in this context. It is not just a mistake not to include a CD player in a modern vehicle but a design error. Just to buttress the points most respondents here have made, if pace setters within the automobile industry still have CD players in their vehicles; why would Innoson, an upcoming indigenous auto manufacturer not deem it necessary to add that feature to their design.

Personally, I won't buy any of those vehicles however cheap they appear. I would rather wait until I get a certain amount of money to buy a fairly used trusted brand with the right appeal and design quality.

Policies are not properly articulated in Nigeria that's why we have several failed projects. Once the those who implement these projects get the money they want, such projects are either abandoned of completed with the best of substandard materials.

1 Like

Re: A Closer Look At The Innoson SUV. (pictures) by aieromon(m): 6:22pm On Nov 30, 2014
Big dashboard screen with no CD slot is a turn off.

That gear stick is gonna look ugly after a year of handling.

1 Like

Re: A Closer Look At The Innoson SUV. (pictures) by Nobody: 7:43pm On Nov 30, 2014
colossus2:

Like seriously....you asking this?
There's no need for Speaker either.

grin abi? we all have our earphones so no need for speakers lwkmd!! grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: A Closer Look At The Innoson SUV. (pictures) by Nobody: 9:28pm On Nov 30, 2014
I better keep doing my trusted tokunbo with stability in its drive handling, having 6 CD players, minimal A/C noise interference, gearstick and steering wheel materials which last long, and auto gear and the name of the car being reflected in the centre controls unlike some Innoson IVM badged GAC Cognow chinese/Naija contraption.

1 Like

Re: A Closer Look At The Innoson SUV. (pictures) by auhanson(m): 11:18pm On Dec 01, 2014
With all these long talk, mine is handling; If it handles well i'm in for it , if it doesn't i'm out of it. Game!!!

I need to be able to steer clear corners without losing my mind, and dodged certain pot hole at reasonable speed in our highways. I should be able to dogmatically brake abruptly at sudden stoppage to avoid accident and steer off without rolling over

1 Like

Re: A Closer Look At The Innoson SUV. (pictures) by oseo1(m): 6:39pm On Dec 03, 2014
Siena:
Regardless of CD players becoming obsolete or not, I don't know of any current model that does NOT come fitted with CD capabilities as standard, worse still if it has an attractive large screen, and an SD / USB slot.

I personally DO play CD's, despite my car having media slots, Bluetooth, and the ability to stream media directly from my iPhone / iPad. There are undoubtedly others like myself. The end user MUST be given a choice of how to play media in a new vehicle, this choice has clearly been taken away in this SUV.

Quality is everything. Out of interest, how old is this vehicle? I only ask, because the steering wheel badge and gear lever gaiter are already looking really worn.

Actually more and more cars are coming without CD players, for the last 2 years there has been a steady increase in the number of cars that do not have CD players standard.

http://www.edmunds.com/car-technology/the-car-cd-player-deathwatch.html

The link is from last year, but even more cars have ditched their CD players.

1 Like

Re: A Closer Look At The Innoson SUV. (pictures) by abatically(m): 10:05pm On Dec 03, 2014
oseo1:

Actually more and more cars are coming without CD players, for the last 2 years there has been a steady increase in the number of cars that do not have CD players standard.

http://www.edmunds.com/car-technology/the-car-cd-player-deathwatch.html

The link is from last year, but even more cars have ditched their CD players.

Only few cars are produced without CD players, and those cars have alternatives which is streaming. Music and videos can be streamed right from the internet. Those cars are not relying solenly on music from smart phones or mp3s. Now ask urself this, does this innoson SUV have Pandora, iHeartRadio, HD radio or sattelite radio. Does it even have ipod compatibility? The answer is NO, so why remove the CD player when u don't have an alternative. Even if it has these services, which internet do u want to stream from? This is just like importing a car with navigation from north America and selling it as premium here in Nigeria when we all know the navigation is useless here.

Totally eradicating CD players is not yet ripe for Nigeria, we still have a long way to go. Our internet is slow and subscription is very expensive, so there's no way streaming service will work (at least not yet). Until then, CD players will always play a big part. Also most luxury SUVs can play DVD, and once a system can play DVD then it will automatically play audio CD.

If playing music from ur phone through Bluetooth into the car's audio is what u call innovation then u are still learning. What happens if u want to skip a track, grab ur phone and change the track? How is that safe? If I can't see my music on my car's dashboard and control it from the dashboard without touching my phone then it is useless and no no. This is where iPod comes into play, but I doubt of this car even has iPod compatibility.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Closer Look At The Innoson SUV. (pictures) by cocoduck: 11:25pm On Dec 03, 2014
Why the noise? This model is already at least 2 to 3 years old. If don't like it buy an after market stereo like high speed or xplod
Re: A Closer Look At The Innoson SUV. (pictures) by abatically(m): 11:52pm On Dec 03, 2014
cocoduck:
Why the noise? This model is already at least 2 to 3 years old. If don't like it buy an after market stereo like high speed or xplod

And then what? Remove the big navigation screen? What sense is there?

2 Likes

Re: A Closer Look At The Innoson SUV. (pictures) by oseo1(m): 12:56am On Dec 04, 2014
abatically:

Only few cars are produced without CD players, and those cars have alternatives which is streaming. Music and videos can be streamed right from the internet. Those cars are not relying solenly on music from smart phones or mp3s. Now ask urself this, does this innoson SUV have Pandora, iHeartRadio, HD radio or sattelite radio. Does it even have ipod compatibility? The answer is NO, so why remove the CD player when u don't have an alternative. Even if it has these services, which internet do u want to stream from? This is just like importing a car with navigation from north America and selling it as premium here in Nigeria when we all know the navigation is useless here.

Totally eradicating CD players is not yet ripe for Nigeria, we still have a long way to go. Our internet is slow and subscription is very expensive, so there's no way streaming service will work (at least not yet). Until then, CD players will always play a big part. Also most luxury SUVs can play DVD, and once a system can play DVD then it will automatically play audio CD.

If playing music from ur phone through Bluetooth into the car's audio is what u call innovation then u are still learning. What happens if u want to skip a track, grab ur phone and change the track? How is that safe? If I can't see my music on my car's dashboard and control it from the dashboard without touching my phone then it is useless and no no. This is where iPod comes into play, but I doubt of this car even has iPod compatibility.

Actually almost every car that allows you to play music via Bluetooth also allows you to skip tracks from the car controls. You are judging the car without complete facts which I think is very unfair.
Re: A Closer Look At The Innoson SUV. (pictures) by Pluslargent(m): 6:20am On Dec 04, 2014
My own is the price, pls can anyone in the house confirm if this vehicle actually cost 1 million?
Re: A Closer Look At The Innoson SUV. (pictures) by oseo1(m): 8:27am On Dec 04, 2014
Pluslargent:
My own is the price, pls can anyone in the house confirm if this vehicle actually cost 1 million?

It is NOT 1 million, their smallest sedan is just over 1m.
Re: A Closer Look At The Innoson SUV. (pictures) by Pluslargent(m): 5:54am On Dec 05, 2014
oseo1:

It is NOT 1 million, their smallest sedan is just over 1m.
Thanks for clearing the misconception

(1) (2) (Reply)

Need Advice As Regards Purchasing A Lexus RX 300 / Cylinder 4 Misfire After Battery Change. / Which Is Better, Rebuilding My Old Vtec Engine Or Buying A New Engine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.