Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,155 members, 7,818,495 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:20 PM

Worst Form Of Child Abuse In A Nigerian Private Secondary School*pics - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Worst Form Of Child Abuse In A Nigerian Private Secondary School*pics (70009 Views)

Is This Form Of Punishment Wrong Or Right? / List Of Nigerian Private Universities That Does Not Require Jamb / Good Private Secondary Schools Within The Lagos Metropolis. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Worst Form Of Child Abuse In A Nigerian Private Secondary School*pics by eightsin(m): 8:35am On Nov 27, 2014
This is a child's play compared to what we went through back in the days
Re: Worst Form Of Child Abuse In A Nigerian Private Secondary School*pics by Decentdamsel(f): 8:40am On Nov 27, 2014
Cajetanspeaks:
I doubt if the spoon and fall like a pawpaw punishment exist in any secondary school.
my dear,ask boarders
Re: Worst Form Of Child Abuse In A Nigerian Private Secondary School*pics by GSKing: 8:41am On Nov 27, 2014
There are other ways to chastise children and adolescents without physical violence and inflicting pain on kids.

Dear Africans, just because these sadomasochist treatments were meted out on you doesn't make it right.

Kindly attend parenting classes outside Africa before bearing kids or child delivery and see how civilized people bring up their kids.

The great men and women of this world were not giving corporal punishment by their teachers and parents.

Show me an African that can stand in the midst of these great men. Africans, when will you learn?

Say no to violence, say no to child abuse, say no to lawlessness.

Nigeria, e go better.

3 Likes

Re: Worst Form Of Child Abuse In A Nigerian Private Secondary School*pics by Drenix(m): 8:58am On Nov 27, 2014
oga dis 1 small nah.. I don roll under sun with white school uniform. ven rolled in the field during rainy season,use hand uproot grass. etc. na dos days wey secondary school na secondary school. not Nw. wey b say u fear ur senior pass ur teacher.
Re: Worst Form Of Child Abuse In A Nigerian Private Secondary School*pics by Nobody: 8:59am On Nov 27, 2014
Re: Worst Form Of Child Abuse In A Nigerian Private Secondary School*pics by Sagamite(m): 9:08am On Nov 27, 2014
sexforfree:
why should marijuana be illegal?

It's d same tn. Discipline iss goood. But it is now overused an abused by people

Discipline shud be done emotionally and psychologically

Nott by inflicting pain. Those children willl probably be angry. And will probably doo d same tn

When they are released. U think they will have the capability to learn

Unfortunately, I am not of the mentality that marijuana is good. You can be free to continue taking it though, but I don't share your views.

How is this abuse?

Why should discipline not inflict pain?

What scientific research did you do to conclude the children "will" become angry?

1 Like

Re: Worst Form Of Child Abuse In A Nigerian Private Secondary School*pics by Dcmg(m): 9:14am On Nov 27, 2014
Smh,Just look at the response.And you wonder why we are where we are now.
The Nigeria educational system is so outdated that our so called development is also outdated.
No wonder the whites treat you guys like shit when you all treat yourselves like animals.
And some stewpid Nigerians will come to internet to complain on how white policemen and immigration officers treat them badly.Tell me,why won't they treat you guys badly when you don't have respect for humanity.This continent is indeed BLACK AND DARK.
You all deserve every phucking treatment you get from the White since you don't have regards to treat your fellow human with dignity and respect.
You all are still living ?n slavery and you calling it punishment.
PATHETIC!
The world is leaving us behind in developmental strides and we are here praising how to punish a child.I can see how we are training the leaders of tommorow.
This type of training will only bring about wicked and corrupt leaders.
The future in indeed dark and black

2 Likes

Re: Worst Form Of Child Abuse In A Nigerian Private Secondary School*pics by christopher123(m): 9:16am On Nov 27, 2014
This is just a child play not even punishment..when i was in sec school, you will just be told to simply SIT ON THE WALL just sit for only ten minutes, your life will never be the same again

they have not even cut a hectare of grass field your here complaining

what is kneeling down on a sand...so easy

Dont try eastern schools oooooooooooooo
Re: Worst Form Of Child Abuse In A Nigerian Private Secondary School*pics by mabeni(m): 9:25am On Nov 27, 2014
pweetixandy:
I see nothing wrong..its a secondary schl right? If it had been pupils now,I would object. Schools are not just for acquiring western education,u also learn to be disciplined. From d pic,u can see the students are few,they are d agberos of d school. Are u sure its a private school? D uniform and d compound don't look like what u'ld see in a private school.
naa, not private school. Its ABEGI OR ORI ILE Secondary school. A.k.a. Public.
Re: Worst Form Of Child Abuse In A Nigerian Private Secondary School*pics by Dreyl(m): 9:28am On Nov 27, 2014
justi4jesu:
grin They are late comers.
obviously.
Re: Worst Form Of Child Abuse In A Nigerian Private Secondary School*pics by shineeye1: 9:33am On Nov 27, 2014
Violence against children is what is bad- not commesurate, constructive and effective punishment for wrongdoings.
Re: Worst Form Of Child Abuse In A Nigerian Private Secondary School*pics by Nikapetrelli(f): 9:40am On Nov 27, 2014
SaiBuharii:
Is this one punishment? Go beta federal boarding skul and see.
I dey tell u,dis one na petting self
Re: Worst Form Of Child Abuse In A Nigerian Private Secondary School*pics by harry509: 9:45am On Nov 27, 2014
sexforfree:
I don't know the name of this school but someone sent the picture to me.

And only God can tell why secondary school students should be kneeling down under the sun lifting heavy bags.

God help Nigerians. Shouldn't this be illegal? I know someone can't to this to my child if they want to see d next day.

What are your thoughts on this?
I tink afta dis little purnishmnt they wudt cum late 2 sch again. I encourage my siblings 2 sch vry early.
Re: Worst Form Of Child Abuse In A Nigerian Private Secondary School*pics by akubudejud(m): 9:49am On Nov 27, 2014
..Hey!!! there is nothing wrong in that pictures, asking students to knee is nothing I did more than that in my own days... the truth is that many of us today that can still exhibit and shows discipline and sane behavior went through this and even more for genuine reasons and we are better for it and many a time when I come across any of my old teacher I do sincerely appreciate them again and again.

The society today is full of indiscipline youths because of mediocrity in our schools and home we lie to ourselves a lot, we have fail to realized that punishing our wards,children and students alike is not a bad thing but should be done in love, Children will always want to do the otherwise except they checked we are in trouble in this country,modernity is not a licence for misbehavior!

However, punishment is good some times but when it goes beyond the ordinary teachers should be careful, am a teacher myself there are many ways to deal with situation to correct a students without really injuring them physically,psychologically and even emotionally ,direct punishment is not everything but should be accompany with love. thank you.

3 Likes

Re: Worst Form Of Child Abuse In A Nigerian Private Secondary School*pics by jobsat34(m): 9:51am On Nov 27, 2014
sexforfree:
I don't know the name of this school but someone sent the picture to me.

And only God can tell why secondary school students should be kneeling down under the sun lifting heavy bags.

God help Nigerians. Shouldn't this be illegal? I know someone can't to this to my child if they want to see d next day.

What are your thoughts on this?

if this is lagos, it should be Sango secondary school agege...
Re: Worst Form Of Child Abuse In A Nigerian Private Secondary School*pics by saaedlee: 10:18am On Nov 27, 2014
pweetixandy:
change it for me pls

Book an appointment then
Re: Worst Form Of Child Abuse In A Nigerian Private Secondary School*pics by pweetixandy: 10:29am On Nov 27, 2014
GSKing:

She chastised your post and you call it rubbish? You are a typical Female Nigerian Mediocre.
u are mediocrity personified angry
Re: Worst Form Of Child Abuse In A Nigerian Private Secondary School*pics by pweetixandy: 10:34am On Nov 27, 2014
saaedlee:

Book an appointment then
k
Re: Worst Form Of Child Abuse In A Nigerian Private Secondary School*pics by pweetixandy: 10:35am On Nov 27, 2014
mabeni:
naa, not private school. Its ABEGI OR ORI ILE Secondary school. A.k.a. Public.
lol @abegi
Re: Worst Form Of Child Abuse In A Nigerian Private Secondary School*pics by GSKing: 11:15am On Nov 27, 2014
pweetixandy:
u are mediocrity personified angry

Whatever.
Re: Worst Form Of Child Abuse In A Nigerian Private Secondary School*pics by jaydee87(m): 11:19am On Nov 27, 2014
@op compared to what I went tru in sec sch did one na moi moi na,
surely the student did something wrong and deserve the punishment
let them be corrected and not repeat the same act twice but come to tink
of it does punishment or cane really correct children....
Abeg op if ur child go air force or command or na Nigeria military sch em go
shey u go still fight the teacher?
good day..
Re: Worst Form Of Child Abuse In A Nigerian Private Secondary School*pics by frisky2good(m): 11:29am On Nov 27, 2014
Since when did kneeling down become a form of corporal punishment?
Re: Worst Form Of Child Abuse In A Nigerian Private Secondary School*pics by Nobody: 11:32am On Nov 27, 2014
Decentdamsel:

my dear,ask boarders
I was a boarder too. Flogging and grass cutting was the two punishments used then.
Re: Worst Form Of Child Abuse In A Nigerian Private Secondary School*pics by Anugod(f): 11:47am On Nov 27, 2014
vict505:
How come I don't know you
How would you know me gringrin

By the way, what year did you finish? Or are you still there?
Re: Worst Form Of Child Abuse In A Nigerian Private Secondary School*pics by rabimlomo: 12:24pm On Nov 27, 2014
XketchDesigns:
I wonder who this mod is, and the poster too! During my sec.sko days if I could get this I will kneel and kiss the feet of the person punishing me.
no wonder there's little discipline in the young children of today, imagine what d poster said, go to the school and fight the teacher right?

Respect to all the ex-jam n ex-junior pilots and ex-boys
Abi o. Why will someone go to school just because his child was told to "kneel down". Kneeling down of all punishments. In my school back then, after kneeling for sometime, you will again be flogged before standing up. I received this punishment severally for coming late to school.
Re: Worst Form Of Child Abuse In A Nigerian Private Secondary School*pics by Melinde: 12:29pm On Nov 27, 2014
kimond101:
Nah it isn't
this one nah talent show abi nah training?
Re: Worst Form Of Child Abuse In A Nigerian Private Secondary School*pics by sunshine111: 1:05pm On Nov 27, 2014
sexforfree:

It's private. A skul in ogun state. But discipline shouldn't be overdone. Imagine. On ur kneeels under the hot sun. Ur knees on hot itchy sand. Aand u r lifting aa close to 5kg bag.

You havent seen anything, that is childs play, i would have done that for 3 hors or more if i was ever given the chance, I went to a girls secondary school, and i frog jumped, picked pin, knelt on stone, squatted, even knelt with a 10ltre bucket of water on my head, on stony ground. and so much more, but it taught me to behave myself, my cousins dont get punished in their fancy private schools, and they are irresponsible as shit, i suggest punishment for any mis-behaviour, our kids are growing up without sense because of lack of discipline........

1 Like

Re: Worst Form Of Child Abuse In A Nigerian Private Secondary School*pics by maxisfield(f): 1:15pm On Nov 27, 2014
So ds is d child abuse I rushed in to see..latecomers kneelin dwn n carryin dia skul bags on dia head is nw child abuse angry..op u dint cut grass unda d hot sun? Or wash toilet? Dnt disturb ma peace wit ds kinda false alarm nexttym. Mtsheeeeeew! angry
Re: Worst Form Of Child Abuse In A Nigerian Private Secondary School*pics by majorfarms(m): 1:27pm On Nov 27, 2014
If u passed through secondary school, esp a boarding schl and don't pass through punishments as these, abeg wetin u go take remember secondary school?

Being chased by prefects during sanitation..
Being bullied by notorious seniors..
Being punished by teachers because u skipped classes..
Being reported by juniors for "chansing" their meals...
Being reported by ur mates for refusing to do ur apportioned task...

Make una no look me like former notorious student oh, but dats d fun of a boarding secondary school. Loads of interesting memories. I rep FGC. cool cool.
Re: Worst Form Of Child Abuse In A Nigerian Private Secondary School*pics by charlove(m): 1:32pm On Nov 27, 2014
i doubt if the person that posted this went to a government secondary school

1 Like

Re: Worst Form Of Child Abuse In A Nigerian Private Secondary School*pics by simplygreat(m): 2:12pm On Nov 27, 2014
:-XI think sey I go see 1 big thing, seeing this pic mtchewwwwwww...is dis one d punishment
Re: Worst Form Of Child Abuse In A Nigerian Private Secondary School*pics by Nobody: 3:55pm On Nov 27, 2014
Sagamite:

Unfortunately, I am not of the mentality that marijuana is good. You can be free to continue taking it though, but I don't share your views.

How is this abuse?

Why should discipline not inflict pain?

What scientific research did you do to conclude the children "will" become angry?

Spanking children slows cognitive development and increases risk of criminal behavior, expert says

A new book by Murray Straus, founder and co-director of the Family Research Lab and professor emeritus of sociology at the University of New Hampshire, brings together more than four decades of research that makes the definitive case against spanking, including how it slows cognitive development and increases antisocial and criminal behavior.

"The Primordial Violence" (Routledge, 2013) shows that the reasons parents hit those they love includes a lot more than just correcting misbehavior. It provides evidence on the effect spanking has on children, and what can be done to end it. The book features longitudinal data from more than 7,000 U.S. families as well as results from a 32-nation study and presents the latest research on the extent to which spanking is used in different cultures and the subsequent effects of its use on children and on society.
"Research shows that spanking corrects misbehavior. But it also shows that spanking does not work better than other modes of correction, such as time out, explaining, and depriving a child of privileges. Moreover, the research clearly shows that the gains from spanking come at a big cost. These include weakening the tie between children and parents and increasing the probability that the child will hit other children and their parents, and as adults, hit a dating or marital partner. Spanking also slows down mental development and lowers the probability of a child doing well in school," Straus says.
"More than 100 studies have detailed these side effects of spanking, with more than 90 percent agreement among them. There is probably no other aspect of parenting and child behavior where the results are so consistent," he says.
The authors, who include Emily Douglas, associate professor of social work at Bridgewater State University, and Rose Anne Medeiros, a quantitative methodologist at Rice University, argue for policy changes that can bring about a total end to spanking, including "never spank" public service announcements, a health warning to go along with birth certificates, and help for parents having problems with their child. Policy and practical implications are explored in most chapters. "The Primordial Violence" highlights include:
• The benefits of avoiding spanking, such as the development of better interpersonal skills and higher academic achievement.
• The link between spanking and behavioral problems and crime.
• The extent to which spanking is declining and why most parents continue to spank, despite the unusually high level of agreement between numerous studies that found harmful effects from spanking.

(...)

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2013/12/131211103958.htm

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Zainab Aliyu Completes NYSC (Photos) / Secondary School Students Caught In Erotic Romance In Classroom In Port Harcourt / Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba-akoko, Ondo State Post Ume Date Is Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.