Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,609 members, 7,820,166 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:48 AM

Pastor Refuses To Bury Woman Because She Didn't Tithe Enough While In A Coma - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Refuses To Bury Woman Because She Didn't Tithe Enough While In A Coma (886 Views)

Pastor Refuses To Perform Weddingceremony Because Of The Bride’s ‘sexydress / Pastor Ajanaku Ressurects & Relapses In To Coma / Pastor Refuses To Perform Ceremony Because Of Bride’s ‘Sexy Dress’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pastor Refuses To Bury Woman Because She Didn't Tithe Enough While In A Coma by mumumugu(m): 8:26pm On Nov 26, 2014
A 93-year-old woman in Houston will not be buried with her fellow church congregants because her Pastor is holding a bit of a grudge because she didn’t pay the proper tithing fees while she was in a coma.
Olivia Blair was a member of the Fourth Missionary Baptist Church for most of her adult life. Her friends were there. Now, upon her death, her daughter, Barbara Day, is being told that Olivia can’t be buried in the church cemetery, because she didn’t tithe while she was in a coma.
Even before she entered into a coma, Blair was living on a fixed income. Her daughter claims that after healthcare and prescriptions, Day was left with $60 to get her through the month. The church didn’t care. Rev. Walter F. Houston (yes, that’s his name) expected the family to pick up the slack for her.
When asked about it by PimpPreacher, Houston responded:
“I am not changing my bylaws for someone who was not active. Olivia Blair had not been a member of this church in 8 or 9 years! If the family cared so much then why didn’t one of them at least send a dollar over here to reserve her membership?” Pastor Houston told me last Sunday in a conversation that took place only moments after he had finished preaching.

Source

1 Like

Re: Pastor Refuses To Bury Woman Because She Didn't Tithe Enough While In A Coma by plaetton: 8:40pm On Nov 26, 2014
Hilarious. grin
Funny ,but sad.
undecided
Re: Pastor Refuses To Bury Woman Because She Didn't Tithe Enough While In A Coma by Nobody: 8:47pm On Nov 26, 2014
Looked like the pastor has already judged her. What happened to "Judge no"?
Re: Pastor Refuses To Bury Woman Because She Didn't Tithe Enough While In A Coma by Elcemento(m): 2:31pm On Nov 27, 2014
Yaba left tinz.That pastor needs some psychiatric attention. angry angry angry angry

CHECK OUT MY SIGNATURE!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy

Re: Pastor Refuses To Bury Woman Because She Didn't Tithe Enough While In A Coma by brocab: 3:43pm On Nov 28, 2014
Sad story.
We do hear this sort of info, time and again; about wolves-in sheep clothing running these pentecostal-Baptist churches here and there, most of these false shepherds are mainly from other religious groups claiming to be born again Christian pastors-preachers.
From the Roman Catholic's, having millions of followers from other religions walking about how to devour monies from God's people.
Using God's word-twisting bible verses building their kingdoms here on earth.
Many of these wolves belong to other religious groups, ring a operator, the operator will then give you the lodge number.
We seem to always hear stories like this one, about our Christian brothers and sisters,
who have just finely realized, they have been dragged though the mud.
Maybe one should ask themselves, am I ready to believe in the truth {Jesus}
All do I continual too tithe every week from my hard working earnings.
Only to be dragged though the mud again?
Knowing my Pastors-Preachers are from the lodge, who can only see wealth and power.
I pray, that poor 93 year old woman is now with the lord.
mumumugu:
A 93-year-old woman in Houston will not be buried with her fellow church congregants because her Pastor is holding a bit of a grudge because she didn’t pay the proper tithing fees while she was in a coma.
Olivia Blair was a member of the Fourth Missionary Baptist Church for most of her adult life. Her friends were there. Now, upon her death, her daughter, Barbara Day, is being told that Olivia can’t be buried in the church cemetery, because she didn’t tithe while she was in a coma.
Even before she entered into a coma, Blair was living on a fixed income. Her daughter claims that after healthcare and prescriptions, Day was left with $60 to get her through the month. The church didn’t care. Rev. Walter F. Houston (yes, that’s his name) expected the family to pick up the slack for her.
When asked about it by PimpPreacher, Houston responded:
“I am not changing my bylaws for someone who was not active. Olivia Blair had not been a member of this church in 8 or 9 years! If the family cared so much then why didn’t one of them at least send a dollar over here to reserve her membership?” Pastor Houston told me last Sunday in a conversation that took place only moments after he had finished preaching.

Source

(1) (Reply)

10 Types Of People You Will Meet Dancing In Churches / Lee Stoneking / #facts#

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.