Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,218 members, 7,815,257 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:44 AM

Why Are You Here? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why Are You Here? (4863 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are You Here? by Latoya(f): 3:40pm On Sep 27, 2005
Hello everyone, we will like to know your purpose on a Nairaland: why you are a member, what it is that has attracted you and keeps you going in this site?

Please let's hear it/them.
Re: Why Are You Here? by uchetobi(f): 3:49pm On Sep 27, 2005
To look around and get educated
Re: Why Are You Here? by vexxy(f): 3:51pm On Sep 27, 2005
uche beat me here!

I stumbled on the site when I was looking for a movie. I stayed around and read a few of the topics and replies. I was intrigued and wanted to respond so I joined.

I stayed because I got such a warm welcome after posting my introduction.

I'm here to gain valuable friendships and to have interesting conversation. So far I have not been disappointed!

V

1 Like

Re: Why Are You Here? by angelak(f): 3:52pm On Sep 27, 2005
I stumbled across nairaland! My purpose for being here is to keep my self occupied and entertained when i am less busy at work ! also it's nice to see how other people reason. I am attracted to this forum because its organized and it's members are intresting  also  the guy that owns it is cute! kiss

1 Like

Re: Why Are You Here? by Latoya(f): 3:58pm On Sep 27, 2005
Admin r u there? grin
Re: Why Are You Here? by uchetobi(f): 4:17pm On Sep 27, 2005
is he really? LOL. anyway i stumbled on d forum when looking 4 info on NYSC. it strikes me as funny dat most people actually stumbled on d website
Re: Why Are You Here? by Hndholder(m): 4:58pm On Sep 27, 2005
I was using a search engine to locate ULTIMATE search site when I saw this site. and HND/Bsc Wahala was the topic that kept me here. Actually I am old enough to stay away but the like of seun kept me on.

1 Like

Re: Why Are You Here? by cushman(m): 6:00pm On Sep 27, 2005
I'm here to make friends
I'm here to learn
I'm here to make peace

And i'm here because i love y'all
Re: Why Are You Here? by layi(m): 6:54pm On Sep 27, 2005
I've never been addicted to any site like this.
Mine was kind of like a chain reaction. I heard about the site..i came on..i read a post, read more posts, decided to make comments...had to register and i got hooked.
I've hitherto said i wont get attached to any website..not even yahoo (mailbox) but Nairaland has become an exception.
I come to learn from people..see how other views stuffs and have a better perpective bout the world around me. No man can live in Isolation..we need each other.

I came here by accident but i'm happy. Some accidents are good  wink

1 Like

Re: Why Are You Here? by vexxy(f): 7:14pm On Sep 27, 2005
Layi: I came here by accident but i'm happy. Some accidents are good wink

I'll toast to that!
Re: Why Are You Here? by abuguy64(m): 7:31pm On Sep 27, 2005
Me?I was directed here from gsmtoday e-zine.Am hooked by the variety of views exchanged on the site.I keep coming back cos I have learnt quite a lot,and made some contacts. I will keep coming back because it reminds me of niaja,and takes away some of the loneliness of being out the country without the family.I love the site because I found a real soul mate,kindred spirit and great friend on this site.
Re: Why Are You Here? by nike4luv(f): 10:50pm On Sep 30, 2005
i came here because my friend rolleyes told me to check the site out and i have been checking it out before because i was looking for 2face so i eventually joined..didnt know it was going to be good as this
Re: Why Are You Here? by hotangel2(f): 4:37am On Oct 01, 2005
I am here because i bumped into this site. I am still here because.... the people welcomed me and were soo good, and also because this site was the first Nigerian Website/forum... i could stand. All others were B.S lipsrsealed
Re: Why Are You Here? by whiteshark(m): 5:29pm On Oct 01, 2005
Got here by chance

Still here by choice

Generaly cool and entertaining but sometimes cloted with/by childish comments and remarks. All in all, things look good in here. Site highly recommended...

Hnd-holder:

I. Actually I am old enough to stay away but the like of seun kept me on.

Very very true.....
Re: Why Are You Here? by olaide07(f): 11:32am On Oct 04, 2005
I love learning new things
Re: Why Are You Here? by Owen(m): 12:41pm On Oct 04, 2005
I hear cause the site is really KOOL... never believed there could be a site for interesting people interested in this interesting country... besides some of the topics really blew my mind... I also found the one of the GPRS on vmobile particularly interesting... I was refered to the site my my cousin and I'm glad he did...
Re: Why Are You Here? by whiteshark(m): 3:12pm On Nov 02, 2005
...........still here...........
Re: Why Are You Here? by Seun(m): 4:13pm On Nov 02, 2005
I'm here to make sure the site runs smoothly and most people are happy. I am here to encourage the positive elements to stay and grow and drive away the negative elements!
Re: Why Are You Here? by whiteshark(m): 4:16pm On Nov 02, 2005
like who please... give names and reasons....
Re: Why Are You Here? by vexxy(f): 4:31pm On Nov 02, 2005
I think he's speaking generally. Like as the situation arrises.

I'm still here because I'm in love with this community.
Re: Why Are You Here? by whiteshark(m): 4:45pm On Nov 02, 2005
on point then..... still here though....
Re: Why Are You Here? by Seun(m): 5:13pm On Nov 02, 2005
"negative " elements are things like rancour, obscenity, nastiness, etc. Not people!
Re: Why Are You Here? by queen2(f): 9:16pm On Nov 02, 2005
I'm here because of  the friendly members, also to learn more..... rite now im learning...
Re: Why Are You Here? by layi(m): 11:27am On Nov 05, 2005
Why am I still here. Does anyone know?
Re: Why Are You Here? by vexxy(f): 2:26pm On Nov 05, 2005
Happy Birthday, Layi!
Re: Why Are You Here? by layi(m): 4:25am On Nov 08, 2005
Thank You.
Re: Why Are You Here? by whiteshark(m): 11:24am On Nov 08, 2005
to learn the ways of others....
Re: Why Are You Here? by fabian(f): 12:58pm On Nov 08, 2005
to have fun, to chill, to relax!
Re: Why Are You Here? by layi(m): 1:12pm On Nov 08, 2005
...to brighten my mood. Though its made worse sometimes (when i'm nddyrized)..but its all good.
Re: Why Are You Here? by fabian(f): 1:15pm On Nov 08, 2005
to brighten Layi's mood!
Re: Why Are You Here? by layi(m): 1:19pm On Nov 08, 2005
See the idiot just sent me another PM now(i've never sent him one..and never will). Thanks for beign online Fabian grin

nddy:
murder fucker, my life aint about your stupid ass NAIRALAND, YOU lil bama go get a life skinny bitch, assole like you.
Re: Why Are You Here? by fabian(f): 1:26pm On Nov 08, 2005
Not to worry Layi, it don't matter.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Closed / How Much For Int'l Passport Renewal, Where To Do And How Long Will It Take / See Why Nairaland Is Trending On Twitter (screenshots)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.