Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,840 members, 7,813,820 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:04 PM

Tambuwal`s Defection: Why Yoruba Must Redeem Themselves.. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tambuwal`s Defection: Why Yoruba Must Redeem Themselves.. (6832 Views)

Why Yoruba Prefer Alliance With North – Adefuye / # BREAKING : Presidency Withdraws #tambuwal 's # Security Details / # BREAKING : Presidency Withdraws #tambuwal 's # Security Details (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tambuwal`s Defection: Why Yoruba Must Redeem Themselves.. by fx45(m): 7:27am On Nov 28, 2014
chamboy:
Everybody in Nigeria is my Sister n Brother.. Am a Nigeria, yoruba is just my language.
#SAYNOTOTRIBALISM
#Crap!
Re: Tambuwal`s Defection: Why Yoruba Must Redeem Themselves.. by chamboy(m): 7:29am On Nov 28, 2014
fx45:

#Crap!
deep inside u, U knw u doing d wrong tin. U just can't control it.
You need to think about it
Re: Tambuwal`s Defection: Why Yoruba Must Redeem Themselves.. by Olaolufred(m): 7:37am On Nov 28, 2014
aljharem:

Shut up, which interest of Nigeria.

So to have an Ijaw president is for the interest of the Ijaw but a fulani is interest of Nigeria.

Capital mumu

THE SAME INTEREST BEING SERVED WHEN SAVE NIGERIA GROUP KEPT PROTESTING IN ABUJA FOR JONAH TO BE SWORN-IN AS A SUBSTANSTIVE PRESIDENT WHEN KITCHEN CABINET HELD OTUOKE MAN TO RANSOME.

ABUSE HAS NO IMPACT ON ME. ONLY YOUR VIEWS MAKE MEANING.

2 Likes

Re: Tambuwal`s Defection: Why Yoruba Must Redeem Themselves.. by fx45(m): 7:43am On Nov 28, 2014
chamboy:
deep inside u, U knw u doing d wrong tin. U just can't control it.
You need to think about it
I asked a good question and u've carefully avoided it. Till u answer that question, I don't want to see u post any other thing on nairaland.

On the contrary u're the one doing urself the gravest of all injustice and disservice of all time. Self-deceit is the worst offence u can commit against urself. U're wallowing in self-deceit and u seem to be very good at it. I think u need to sit back and think about urself and start asking questions.... Before it becomes too late. A word is enough for the wise
Re: Tambuwal`s Defection: Why Yoruba Must Redeem Themselves.. by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:49am On Nov 28, 2014
hizroyalflynes:

What's is our ideology
Playing second fiddle?
Upon how we Yoruba are vast in education
All our politicians prefer to fight for d governor, senator,house of reps seats
Pls when last did any Yoruba legislator actually contributed meanifully to matter raise on d floor or move a motion that will benefit Yoruba(even if they move it,it won't pass 2nd reading)
All they do is sit,let others contribute when itz tym for those for the motion say HI those again say NAY itz den u will see them moving there mouth
Who will take such pple serious.. Thank God 1to 3 is nw contributing
Yet sum Yorubas will be shouting gej is clueless
An adage says ”osi nibe onibawon na shey pin"(u refuse to be involved yet u questioning the outcome)
Just because of trying to show Hw diplomatic and hw learned we are then refused to be part of d govt at the top
As much as competency is needed in top positions
Nothing can justify that we Yoruba can't produce better leaders up their
Northerners won't sell their birth right....but yoruba give them a Ghana must go and d case is settled
Yet a call to wake up from our slumber and gainfully contribute to our nation growth is our TERM BIGOTRY
How often do you listen to procedings in the NASS?
Re: Tambuwal`s Defection: Why Yoruba Must Redeem Themselves.. by lilflipnerd: 7:49am On Nov 28, 2014
fx45:

I asked a good question and u've carefully avoided it. Till u answer that question, I don't want to see u post any other thing on nairaland.

On the contrary u're the one doing urself the gravest of all injustice and disservice of all time. Self-deceit is the worst offence u can commit against urself. U're wallowing in self-deceit and u seem to be very good at it. I think u need to sit back and think about urself and start asking questions.... Before it becomes too late. A word is enough for the wise
The Disunity u support is one of Nigeria's Major Problem
Re: Tambuwal`s Defection: Why Yoruba Must Redeem Themselves.. by Osakah24(m): 7:54am On Nov 28, 2014
fyneguy:
Nonsense!

When Patricia Etteh was the Speaker, what was the benefit to the SW?

When Dimeji Bankole was the Speaker, did that make SW better of?

Oh wait! When OBJ was the President, did that make Lagos-Ibadan road any better?

Yoruba have realized that having one of your own there, does not guarantee you positive impact.

The advocacy now is to vote altruistic, pragmatic, and competent individuals in government, regardless of religion and ethnicity.
Since Tambuwal became speaker,How far?
Re: Tambuwal`s Defection: Why Yoruba Must Redeem Themselves.. by fx45(m): 7:56am On Nov 28, 2014
lilflipnerd:
The Disunity u support is one of Nigeria's Major Problem
How do I support disunity? How does clamoring for equity translate to supporting disunity? Honestly I do not understand where u're coming from. I wouldn't mind if u can throw more light on that ur ill-conceived statement.

How does having a fashola candidacy instead of a buhari equate to disunity? Something is definitely wrong somewhere. May God help us!
Re: Tambuwal`s Defection: Why Yoruba Must Redeem Themselves.. by Nobody: 7:57am On Nov 28, 2014
chamboy:
How backward can u b, #SAYNOTOTRIBALISM
agreed but 1st say #NO TO PARASITISM AND INJUSTICE.
Re: Tambuwal`s Defection: Why Yoruba Must Redeem Themselves.. by lilflipnerd: 7:58am On Nov 28, 2014
fx45:

How do I support disunity? How does clamoring for equity translate to supporting disunity? Honestly I do not understand where u're coming from. I wouldn't mind if u can throw more light on that ur ill-conceived statement.

How does having a fashola candidacy instead of a buhari equate to disunity? Something is definitely wrong somewhere. May God help us!
What is this thread preaching. Tell the World...
Re: Tambuwal`s Defection: Why Yoruba Must Redeem Themselves.. by Osakah24(m): 7:59am On Nov 28, 2014
Ayus34:

oga,do do u see it aanywhere that I'm.a politician?better u direct ur question to a politician like urself and moreover why did PDP also restricted other candidates from contesting and solely zoned it to the south in the person of GEJ......are u saying there is no northerners who are far better than.Jonathan In PDP? lastly I'm not a party man .....u can look for one like urself to answer ur illogical question! !!
Its what is obtained anywhere in the world. Why was Obama the only choice of the democratic party in his second term bid?
Re: Tambuwal`s Defection: Why Yoruba Must Redeem Themselves.. by lilflipnerd: 8:16am On Nov 28, 2014
Rexxie:

agreed but 1st say #NO TO PARASITISM AND INJUSTICE.
Tribalism is destroying. Our Nation. We Nigerians should see eachoda like brother n sister

#Saynototribalism
Re: Tambuwal`s Defection: Why Yoruba Must Redeem Themselves.. by angelsing(m): 8:31am On Nov 28, 2014
Rexxie:

if naija politics is deviod of tribalism n ethnicity or religion and if theres decency at all especially at da HOR,then tambowal wud've been history b4 now(not as though his porting arsse is free),the members of the house,the majority, which includes northerners in da pdp and other minority parties wudda've impeached him..but whats da case now,those northerners have kinda put party affilliations aside and as usual and expected hoisted da goddamm flag of ethnicity and tribe cos they know the value and importance of da position of da speakership..dogs in yoruba land who made that devil's mistake '11 oughtta've known better..as far as those northerners are concerned within and among themselves,u guys are stuppid..history and posterity will hardly forgive u cos u loud sounding barrels betrayed urselves, southern nigeria(ns) and every other oppressed and suppressed nigerian..
U should've known better than burying ur head in da sands like da brainless and 'idealess' ostrich thinking ur arsse is free in da midst of impending and present danger..
#gej till '19
...In whatever way u want to look at it, am not going to be drawn into this ethnicity thing. what am concern about is ur choice of words to others who does not support ur notion..I still stand by what I said, I don't care about who rule this country, be it a northerner, southerner or westerner all I want is good governance.

1 Like

Re: Tambuwal`s Defection: Why Yoruba Must Redeem Themselves.. by angelsing(m): 8:38am On Nov 28, 2014
Rexxie:

u already on da sub zero level n u better know that if u dont....i got no niceties for blokes like u who got balls in place for a brain..
Thanks!..any other name u choose to call me, its your system, your hand and ur choice

1 Like

Re: Tambuwal`s Defection: Why Yoruba Must Redeem Themselves.. by angelsing(m): 8:52am On Nov 28, 2014
hizroyalflynes:

What's is our ideology
Playing second fiddle?
Pls when last did any Yoruba legislator actually contributed meanifully to matter raise on d floor or move a motion that will benefit Yoruba(even if they move it,it won't pass 2nd reading)
All they do is sit,let others contribute when itz tym for those for the motion say HI those again say NAY itz den u will see them moving there mouth
An adage says ”osi nibe onibawon na shey pin"(u refuse to be involved yet u questioning the outcome)
Just because of trying to show Hw diplomatic and hw learned we are then refused to be part of d govt at the top
Northerners won't sell their birth right....but yoruba give them a Ghana must go and d case is settled
Yet a call to wake up from our slumber and gainfully contribute to our nation growth is our TERM BIGOTRY
If u say all this, I wonder what the igbo's will do if they have not had the opportunity to rule the country...Its time we start preaching one Nigeria and not tribal nigeria
Re: Tambuwal`s Defection: Why Yoruba Must Redeem Themselves.. by Gbawe2: 9:02am On Nov 28, 2014
aljharem:

Lol Tinubu brought unity right ?

Alj, it is with posts like this you show your 'impostor' backbone of blatant dishonesty, deceit and deception. The article writer, a well-known pro-Jonathan charlatan and hypocritical sycophant, is delivering his usual dishonest, unobjective and revisionist bullcrap that defies reality. If you and him are genuine and truthful Yoruba Omoluabis you will have no problem, even if you hate the man, admitting the reality we all witnessed which is that Tinubu brought relative peace and unity to SW politics considering the "door or die" days during the "locust years" of PDP rule before the current crop of APC governors took over. No genuine Yoruba omoluabi can forget what Oyo was like when it was being terrorised by Alao-Akala, Adedibu and NURTW thugs. What is the reality under Ajimobi today? Use your own mouth to confess this to the forum.

What of Ogun State under Gbenga 'elebo' Daniel and his killer squad? Any comparison of those days, which justified Yoruba land been labelled "wild west", to what we have under Amosun?

What of Osun State? Do you know the before and after Aregbesola reality and are you willing to be truthful about such here?

Criticise Fayemi all you want but Ekiti was peaceful under his rule even as the people, as entitled, ultimately decided to vote him out for their own reasons. Fayose has begun 'displaying' already with the illegal 7-is-greater-than-19 impeachment which has caused political chaos and toxic division in Ekiti less than even three months of the State gaining a new Governor !!!!

Not only have APC Governors brought peace and stability but they have , because they are all omoluabis, created a pleasant environment throughout the region where good camaraderie, benevolent mutual cooperation and a productive working relationship exist between Governors and States of the SW while this was glaringly missing when PDP controlled the region. We all know the writer of the article is a shamelessly dishonest 'agbaya'. Should we not say same of you since you also share his penchant for dishonest revisionism and an inability to call a spade a spade simply because of the blind hatred of Tinubu uniting you and Aribisala?

5 Likes

Re: Tambuwal`s Defection: Why Yoruba Must Redeem Themselves.. by Ayus34(m): 11:08am On Nov 28, 2014
Osakah24:
Its what is obtained anywhere in the world. Why was Obama the only choice of the democratic party in his second term bid?
Obama wasn't a total disaster in his first time,unlike Jonathan though that's my personal opinion which I'm entitled to......to answer ur question ur reason for Jonathan candidacy under PDP,is also the reason why BUHARI is adopted as APC flagbearer,the different is just that STEALING IS CORRUPTION under buhari, unlike Jonathan that encourage stealing!
Re: Tambuwal`s Defection: Why Yoruba Must Redeem Themselves.. by Osakah24(m): 11:14am On Nov 28, 2014
Ayus34:

Obama wasn't a total disaster in his first time,unlike Jonathan though that's my personal opinion which I'm entitled to......to answer ur question ur reason for Jonathan candidacy under PDP,is also the reason why BUHARI is adopted as APC flagbearer,the different is just that STEALING IS CORRUPTION under buhari, unlike Jonathan that encourage stealing!
Obama wasn't a disaster? and the democrats lost their majority in the congress because of his policies. You are entitled to your opinion but if you play with children you definitely will get urself stained. one wonder how "mr poorman" keeps company with the formally corrupt pdp dis-enfranchised, angry,expired politicians.
Re: Tambuwal`s Defection: Why Yoruba Must Redeem Themselves.. by lilflipnerd: 11:19am On Nov 28, 2014
angelsing:
...In whatever way u want to look at it, am not going to be drawn into this ethnicity thing. what am concern about is ur choice of words to others who does not support ur notion..I still stand by what I said, I don't care about who rule this country, be it a northerner, southerner or westerner all I want is good governance.
let's promote the Hashtag

#SAYNOTOTRIBALISM
Re: Tambuwal`s Defection: Why Yoruba Must Redeem Themselves.. by Ayus34(m): 12:03pm On Nov 28, 2014
Osakah24:
Obama wasn't a disaster? and the democrats lost their majority in the congress because of his policies. You are entitled to your opinion but if you play with children you definitely will get urself stained. one wonder how "mr poorman" keeps company with the formally corrupt pdp dis-enfranchised, angry,expired politicians.

I'm entitled to my opinion Mr man... I ve my ideology and u ve urs.....u don't need to school me about who to vote for....I promised u an educated mind like me knows quite alright what is right or wrong. .... I voted against buhari several times,though thank God my vote doesn't still go to GEJ despite that,if not I will be crying and feeling guilty for joining hand to support mediocrity and corruption personified president,I ve never vote along party,tribal lines b4,because none of them feed me...pat utomi, ribadu all had my vote b4 .......to tell u my voting ideology if u care to know....but this time around the only vote I'm going to cast on the upcoming election by God's grace will go for buhari, and I'm 100% in charge of my vote.....Obama u said if u re enlightened enough about America politics was generally accepted in his first tenure though the election was fierce contested,and that is the beauty of democracy,and he lost most of the support during the 2nd tenure unlike the Nigeria president that has been failing from onset. ...infact remember under normal circumstances he will be spending another 2terms now(6trave in power)still yet little or non to show for it and stealing is not corruption,don't know what u want to talk about buhari, but as for me and my family we need change and we are going for him... .still continue with ur gospel of hatred,sincerely speaking u can definitely hoodwinked a lot mind like u.....BUT NOT ME and my family....we don't support failure and if buhari failed we keep on changing our voting pattern,until we meet successfully vote the right one!
the name of the game is CHANGE!!!

2 Likes

Re: Tambuwal`s Defection: Why Yoruba Must Redeem Themselves.. by emmatok(m): 12:08pm On Nov 28, 2014
Rexxie:

u aint better than a dog! Cursed sonofabiitch!
What warrants this attacks.
Re: Tambuwal`s Defection: Why Yoruba Must Redeem Themselves.. by Descartes: 12:35pm On Nov 28, 2014
Ayus34:

Is it the same Buhari that bribed some delegates in Owerri?
undecided
Or are you referring to another Buhari? undecided
Re: Tambuwal`s Defection: Why Yoruba Must Redeem Themselves.. by Ayus34(m): 1:13pm On Nov 28, 2014
Descartes:

Is it the same Buhari that bribed some delegates in Owerri?
undecided
Or are you referring to another Buhari? undecided
all I know is that I'm giving him my vote as u also have ur right to vote ur choice . ...atleast u too know that .entitled to that opinion! !!
Re: Tambuwal`s Defection: Why Yoruba Must Redeem Themselves.. by Ovamboland(m): 3:47pm On Nov 28, 2014
hizroyalflynes:

What's is our ideology
Playing second fiddle?

You are a real nutcase, speakership by PDP political shenanigan in furtherance of it's own agenda is Yoruba birthright!? I doubt seriously that you are a thorough bred Yoruba

2 Likes

Re: Tambuwal`s Defection: Why Yoruba Must Redeem Themselves.. by Osakah24(m): 3:50pm On Nov 28, 2014
Ayus34:

I'm entitled to my opinion Mr man... I ve my ideology and u ve urs.....u don't need to school me about who to vote for....I promised u an educated mind like me knows quite alright what is right or wrong. .... I voted against buhari several times,though thank God my vote doesn't still go to GEJ despite that,if not I will be crying and feeling guilty for joining hand to support mediocrity and corruption personified president,I ve never vote along party,tribal lines b4,because none of them feed me...pat utomi, ribadu all had my vote b4 .......to tell u my voting ideology if u care to know....but this time around the only vote I'm going to cast on the upcoming election by God's grace will go for buhari, and I'm 100% in charge of my vote.....Obama u said if u re enlightened enough about America politics was generally accepted in his first tenure though the election was fierce contested,and that is the beauty of democracy,and he lost most of the support during the 2nd tenure unlike the Nigeria president that has been failing from onset. ...infact remember under normal circumstances he will be spending another 2terms now(6trave in power)still yet little or non to show for it and stealing is not corruption,don't know what u want to talk about buhari, but as for me and my family we need change and we are going for him... .still continue with ur gospel of hatred,sincerely speaking u can definitely hoodwinked a lot mind like u.....BUT NOT ME and my family....we don't support failure and if buhari failed we keep on changing our voting pattern,until we meet successfully vote the right one!
the name of the game is CHANGE!!!
Peace man
Re: Tambuwal`s Defection: Why Yoruba Must Redeem Themselves.. by Nobody: 4:02pm On Nov 28, 2014
Ovamboland:

You are a real nutcase, speakership by PDP political shenanigan in furtherance of it's own agenda is Yoruba birthright!? I doubt seriously that you are a thorough bred Yoruba
A position was zone to we yoruba yet just bcuz of selfish interest they make sure we lost it
Upon d tussle going on at NASS some Northern pdp are rally round. Tambuwal
Cuz I don't share in your mediocrity that yoruba should continue warming the bench at national level
M nt a fully bred yoruba
Alright continue to do what u think is best
Then start saying u didn't see any GEJ work
Re: Tambuwal`s Defection: Why Yoruba Must Redeem Themselves.. by fyneguy: 4:04pm On Nov 28, 2014
Osakah24:
Since Tambuwal became speaker,How far?

He has been able to manage HOR activities professionally. HOR has been able to put the clueless executive govt under check.
Re: Tambuwal`s Defection: Why Yoruba Must Redeem Themselves.. by Gbawe2: 4:29pm On Nov 28, 2014
hizroyalflynes:

A position was zone to we yoruba yet just bcuz of selfish interest they make sure we lost it
Upon d tussle going on at NASS some Northern pdp are rally round. Tambuwal
Cuz I don't share in your mediocrity that yoruba should continue warming the bench at national level
M nt a fully bred yoruba
Alright continue to do what u think is best
Then start saying u didn't see any GEJ work

What "selfish interest"? Grow up for God sake . Gain some maturity and ability to think critically. Can people like you not even learn from recent history that showed what the SW PDP, through Dimeji Bankole, made of the Speakership HOR? Any benefit of that to the SW? Why don't you tell the forum what the SW gained from having a PDP speaker in the past?

The decision of the then ACN to not support the emergence of a SW PDP speaker was a strategic and entirely understandable one every pragmatic and fair-minded adult, to include PDP supporters, would understand. ACN, after working hard to gain control from a "do or die" set of bullying gangsters, always ready to abuse every federal position at their disposal as we saw Obanikoro doing of late, simply did not want a path back to political relevance for the PDP the speakership position may provide. History has shown us in the SW that important positions in the hands of SW PDP means zilch for the region (Dimeji Bankole as speaker HOR) and could even inflict serious pain and backwardness on the SW as was the case with the OBJ Presidency that was used as a way to foist criminal-minded misrulers on the people of virtually every SW State bar Lagos.

It is time people like you begin shunning sentiments to see what matters. You don't uplift and strengthen the arms of an enemy who will then use those stronger arms to strike you down. This is what ACN believed in and worked to prevent by refusing to back a PDP SW speaker. You may not like it but you will understand it if a pragmatic adult.

1 Like

Re: Tambuwal`s Defection: Why Yoruba Must Redeem Themselves.. by akins56(m): 5:24pm On Nov 28, 2014
I think tinubu/acn's action then was expediently taken, if akande had been elected as speaker, PDP would have used her influence and popularity to torment tinubu and APC right now, and that would be a clog in APC's progress, like a war general would say, ''Never empower your enemy'', i think tinubu read that somewhere and he does justice to that!, i support his actions!
Re: Tambuwal`s Defection: Why Yoruba Must Redeem Themselves.. by Nobody: 7:24pm On Nov 28, 2014
Gbawe2:

What "selfish interest"? Grow up for God sake . Gain some maturity and ability to think critically. Can people like you not even learn from recent history that showed what the SW PDP, through Dimeji Bankole, made of the Speakership HOR? Any benefit of that to the SW? Why don't you tell the forum what the SW gained from having a PDP speaker in the past?

The decision of the then ACN to not support the emergence of a SW PDP speaker was a strategic and entirely understandable one every pragmatic and fair-minded adult, to include PDP supporters, would understand. ACN, after working hard to gain control from a "do or die" set of bullying gangsters, always ready to abuse every federal position at their disposal as we saw Obanikoro doing of late, simply did not want a path back to political relevance for the PDP the speakership position may provide. History has shown us in the SW that important positions in the hands of SW PDP means zilch for the region (Dimeji Bankole as speaker HOR) and could even inflict serious pain and backwardness on the SW as was the case with the OBJ Presidency that was used as a way to foist criminal-minded misrulers on the people of virtually every SW State bar Lagos.

It is time people like you begin shunning sentiments to see what matters. You don't uplift and strengthen the arms of an enemy who will then use those stronger arms to strike you down. This is what ACN believed in and worked to prevent by refusing to back a PDP SW speaker. You may not like it but you will understand it if a pragmatic adult.
Can u also tell what have change since northern have hold such position
Have their stark illiteracy status decrease?? And so on
M not making my point based on sentiment
I have benefitted a lot from other tribes

Its about us contributing our own quota to national development
Dimeji might be a thief
Does that implies every NASS member from sw is a thief
The food that belong to the child was given to a dog
Just because they wanna dictate
Someone z that is how Ilorin was sold to northerns because of amala and ewedu
Tambuwal isn't getting support from only APC NASS members even PDP are supporting
Y we should be happily sideline ourselves
Re: Tambuwal`s Defection: Why Yoruba Must Redeem Themselves.. by tallfish145(m): 7:42pm On Nov 28, 2014
Why is igbos only political party,APGA,which formed by Biafra warlord Ojukwu sold to PDP after his demise? Is igbos not capable of vying for the seat of a president? Why did Victor Umeh decides to sold the future igbos to the south south? Is igbos slaves in Naija? Igbo chenu ezigbo echiche

1 Like

Re: Tambuwal`s Defection: Why Yoruba Must Redeem Themselves.. by Osakah24(m): 8:34pm On Nov 28, 2014
fyneguy:

He has been able to manage HOR activities professionally. HOR has been able to put the clueless executive govt under check.
By skaling the fence you mean? . Which meaningful have the so called reps sponsored in the last five years?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

MODIFIED / Transforming Forest Into Homes, More Billions To Be Made: Obi Cubana / Insurgency: FG Commences Rebuilding Of Schools In Yobe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.