Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,366 members, 7,826,438 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 02:19 PM

Homeless Not Hopeless - A Poem By Susrite - Poems For Review (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Poems For Review / Homeless Not Hopeless - A Poem By Susrite (8190 Views)

Christmas At Home (poem) By Herovickers / Twenty-fifteen (2015) A Poem By Susrite / Fantasy Girl - Poem By Lorretta U (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Homeless Not Hopeless - A Poem By Susrite by nkpommpko(m): 10:08am On Dec 14, 2014
Nigeria is not hopeless with minds like you. Respect!
Re: Homeless Not Hopeless - A Poem By Susrite by okpismart: 10:10am On Dec 14, 2014
Beautiful. My jaw drops with awe! shocked
Re: Homeless Not Hopeless - A Poem By Susrite by susrite(m): 10:11am On Dec 14, 2014
devigblegble:
Needed these so bad on a Sunday morning ... Thanks op
you welcome sire
Re: Homeless Not Hopeless - A Poem By Susrite by susrite(m): 10:12am On Dec 14, 2014
kossyablaze:
If you participated in Shiloh, or the Redeemed program and you
are still supporting GMB as the right person to rule this country, I
am beginning to doubt your Christianity....Obviously God didn't
speak to you... *last bullet*I love you OP!
wow! Thanks
Re: Homeless Not Hopeless - A Poem By Susrite by Appswheel(m): 10:15am On Dec 14, 2014
POEM: TERROR IS JUST A LITTLE ERROR THAT TOOK "T"

We heard the rumours and all we did was murmur,
What was once a little tumor is now causing giant tremors,
We have been robbed of our sense of humour because we refused to notice the clamour,
The son that should have brought us glamour has ended up shattering our muscles, tendons and even femurs,
Terror is just a little error that took T

He should have been tutored and preferably mentored,
Was meant to be lectured all the way while he matured,
Alone in the streets he ventured void of love and care and constantly pressured,
You complain now that he is not cultured when all the while he was never nurtured,

Now a bomber over here and yonder,
We paying for our blunders even though we claim we don't remember,
Many are sober but yet he doesn't bother,
Thinking nothing can hinder him from taking away your sister, brother and even father,

Where do we go from here since tomorrow isn't rily clear,
One moment there is calm in the air but the next a blast might rip and tear,
We are all gripped with fear even if its nowhere near,
But the fact remains that souls so dear have been brutally sent to an untimely rest up there,

The future is bleak because our spirits are weak,
Many are advocating we break but whose is Nigeria to take,
We are busy fighting for a piece of the nations cake when our future is being drained like a drying lake,
Its high time we fought for our nations sake by defending with integrity what's left of our stake,
Terror is just a little error that took Time...

STOP IT NOW! BE TRUE TO YOUR HUMANITY, SHOW LOVE ALL THE WAY!!!

...IGIT!!!
Re: Homeless Not Hopeless - A Poem By Susrite by susrite(m): 10:22am On Dec 14, 2014
nkpommpko:
Nigeria is not hopeless with minds like you. Respect!
thanks sire
Re: Homeless Not Hopeless - A Poem By Susrite by tjpoet: 10:34am On Dec 14, 2014
You make pain sound like fine wine.
It is a beautiful piece of hopeful song and its simplicity would cut across all race and ages. Edit the last stanza if you must; its iimproper to edit a poet's mind but it kills the surreal in it...Thanks for sharing
Re: Homeless Not Hopeless - A Poem By Susrite by lonelymeeh(m): 11:17am On Dec 14, 2014
I love to see posts like this not just rubbish that people post... This is a good work from a great poet.. thumbs up.
follow back

1 Like

Re: Homeless Not Hopeless - A Poem By Susrite by tmx21(m): 11:58am On Dec 14, 2014
this is one of the best poems i have read on NL. Susrite this is a good work and you need to write more. You've got mail.
Re: Homeless Not Hopeless - A Poem By Susrite by Dagah2: 1:18pm On Dec 14, 2014
The poet should have been more original....had read another poem with this same title.
Re: Homeless Not Hopeless - A Poem By Susrite by tmx21(m): 1:23pm On Dec 14, 2014
Dagah2:
The poet should have been more original....had read another poem with this same title.
there are tens of poems with same title, thats not plagiarism. Wake up people
Re: Homeless Not Hopeless - A Poem By Susrite by Dagah2: 2:06pm On Dec 14, 2014
tmx21:
there are tens of poems with same title, thats not plagiarism. Wake up people
Dude don't teach me about plagiarism because I never accused him of that....he should try fix his title same way he structured his lines...that will be more creative
Re: Homeless Not Hopeless - A Poem By Susrite by susrite(m): 2:35pm On Dec 14, 2014
I was just coming from the ncc thread here www.nairaland.com/2043677/nairaland-couples-competition-stage-2/1#28872854 and seriously i got captivated by a girl's poem the, a poem by bholutife18... You might want to read it and probably vote for any of the contestants
Re: Homeless Not Hopeless - A Poem By Susrite by susrite(m): 2:36pm On Dec 14, 2014
Dagah2:

Dude don't teach me about plagiarism because I never accused him of that....he should try fix his title same way he structured his lines...that will be more creative
am so sorry man, that was the title that came from my heart.
Re: Homeless Not Hopeless - A Poem By Susrite by Dagah2: 2:40pm On Dec 14, 2014
susrite:
am so sorry man, that was the title that came from my heart.
You are welcome bro,forgive me I'm a critic
Re: Homeless Not Hopeless - A Poem By Susrite by Badirukehinde(m): 5:17pm On Dec 14, 2014
Kindly read up Badiru Kehinde's works on www.badirukehindewrites. OP Thumbz up for this 28CC09AC
Re: Homeless Not Hopeless - A Poem By Susrite by Mhizjay(f): 9:27pm On Dec 14, 2014
Tz 9ice buh wud be unique wid anoda title cos ma fa4ryt poem has d same title....
Re: Homeless Not Hopeless - A Poem By Susrite by Mattin(m): 5:15am On Dec 15, 2014
You've got a good lines up there, but have you come across the version of 'Sola Owonubi's Homeless not Hopeless'? You have the same focus in common, just like JP Clark and Wole Soyinka 'Abiku'.
Keep it up dear!
I represent a Literature tutor in Naija.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nairaland Poetry Club Assignments Comments Thread / NPC End Of The Year Thanksgiving Cypher. / 10 Memorable Collaborated Poems By Nairaland Poets 2014 - NPC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.