Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,357 members, 7,846,536 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 05:48 PM

What Is Realy The Work Of SSS Or DSS In This Country Nigeria ??? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is Realy The Work Of SSS Or DSS In This Country Nigeria ??? (33445 Views)

Region Of Director-General's Of SSS since 1999-till date / Kwara State Is Realy For Change. / Is Buhari Realy The Right Man???? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Realy The Work Of SSS Or DSS In This Country Nigeria ??? by Nobody: 10:49am On Nov 28, 2014
naptu2:

The DMI (ie, army intelligence) is a component of the DIA (along with its sister naval and air force agencies) and the DIA is responsible purely for military intelligence. Their operatives are embedded within military units (and even aboard ships in the case of naval intelligence). They also gather intelligence about coup plots, etc. This is not a job for civilians.

The NIA is responsible for external intelligence and counter-intelligence operations. They are usually embedded in the foreign service (in Nigerian embassies and high commissions around the world).

Their roles are very different.
on point!
Re: What Is Realy The Work Of SSS Or DSS In This Country Nigeria ??? by Nobody: 10:54am On Nov 28, 2014
cool318:
@Pasino26 & Naptu2, your critical analysis & observation is highly revered. I want to ask if our SSS/DMI dont have the guts to exterminate any Human threat under a covet operation such as being done by Isreali Mossad . I admire those guys a lot cos they take no chances.
Ibelieve if they do this after intense surveillance just as Isreali do, there will be a reduced BOKO HARAM Network. I believe that Secret service personel Infiltration & Tapping info is the key to curbing these menace.
Guy!go to Israel nah!wetin be yah own sef?two big boys are making points here and you are still arguing like a politician. nah this your attitude dey make our fathers JUMP GATE but you don't know.
calm down, listen and learn!
Re: What Is Realy The Work Of SSS Or DSS In This Country Nigeria ??? by cool318(m): 11:11am On Nov 28, 2014
shadowgwalker:
why don't you carry your bitterness to the agency and drop your complaints rather than come online and spit out sh!t like a blind maggot because you think making noise online is better as you hide your ugly identity. Guy, you are worse than what you accuse them of and if you claim to be intelligent then act as one. You are jobless that's why you've made this topic your job.

I am not here to banter words with you, neither did i call you in here to divulge and expose your idiosyncrasy.
I guess you should go and read up from a Dictionary the meaning of a forum since you are still to daft to know that
Meaningful people are expressing their opinions and you are here exhibiting the Mixture of Infested Bad blood and genes that copulated to spew you out
Keep on being the fool here ok!!!
Re: What Is Realy The Work Of SSS Or DSS In This Country Nigeria ??? by Nobody: 11:33am On Nov 28, 2014
cool318:

I am not here to banter words with you, neither did i call you in here to divulge and expose your idiosyncrasy.
I guess you should go and read up from a Dictionary the meaning of a forum since you are still to daft to know that
Meaningful people are expressing their opinions and you are here exhibiting the Mixture of Infested Bad blood and genes that copulated to spew you out
Keep on being the fool here ok!!!
you just described yourself and your act in a few sentence. clap for yourself boy, you shouldn't have started the 'forum ' in the first place since you ain't matured enough to do so.
Re: What Is Realy The Work Of SSS Or DSS In This Country Nigeria ??? by Nobody: 3:52pm On Dec 04, 2014
cool318:
@Pasino26 & Naptu2, your critical analysis & observation is highly revered. I want to ask if our SSS/DMI dont have the guts to exterminate any Human threat under a covet operation such as being done by Isreali Mossad . I admire those guys a lot cos they take no chances.
Ibelieve if they do this after intense surveillance just as Isreali do, there will be a reduced BOKO HARAM Network. I believe that Secret service personel Infiltration & Tapping info is the key to curbing these menace.

It takes ORDERS for such executions to be carried out. Like we already know the security apparatus here is becoming highly politicized. It's more like a Herculean task to even get the firing squad to kill a death row inmate in Nigeria cuz no one can give the orders. Actually we can start that. Abacha could've gone far to be a force to be reckoned with his Strike Force. Honestly, I miss the likes of Al Mustapha in the Army. Kinda wished he had a clean recored to be the NSA someday. A good soldier does the necessary to reach his objective, they aren't bound morally. He was a good officer
Re: What Is Realy The Work Of SSS Or DSS In This Country Nigeria ??? by ocelot2006(m): 7:42pm On Dec 04, 2014
@ OP, I honestly don't know if I should laugh at your question or simply shake my head at the glaring ignorance displayed in it. You obviously have access to the internet, so why not read more about the DSS? Anyway, lemme help you out:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_Security_Service_(Nigeria)

Read up.

As for other posters:

1) Agencies similar to the DSS are the FBI+Secret Service combined (counter intelligence and protection detail), British MI5 (not MI6; that's for Foreign intelligence), Russian FSB, and yes Isreal ' s Shabak/Shin - bet (they both have EXACTLY the same roles).

2) The roles of the DSS DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT, overlap with that of Army Intelligence (DMI), Naval Intelligence, their counterpart at NAF, or DIA as a whole. Like Isreal ' s Amman, DIA is responsible for MILITARY INTELLIGENCE ONLY while DSS (like Shinbet) is a DOMESTIC INTELLIGENCE SERVANT. The only service whose functions overlap with the DSS is the Nigeria Police Force (NPF), or to be specific the NPF ' S Intelligence Bureau (IB). Reasons? The DSS, like NIA, was created from NSO, a product of the Police Force, and the DSS-SSS once in a while delves into CRIMINAL INTELLIGENCE, the forte of the NPF ' S IB, especially when national security is at stake.

That said, all the services tend to work together.
Re: What Is Realy The Work Of SSS Or DSS In This Country Nigeria ??? by ocelot2006(m): 7:48pm On Dec 04, 2014
pasino26:

It takes ORDERS for such executions to be carried out. Like we already know the security apparatus here is becoming highly politicized. It's more like a Herculean task to even get the firing squad to kill a death row inmate in Nigeria cuz no one can give the orders. Actually we can start that. Abacha could've gone far to be a force to be reckoned with his Strike Force. Honestly, I miss the likes of Al Mustapha in the Army. Kinda wished he had a clean recored to be the NSA someday. A good soldier does the necessary to reach his objective, they aren't bound morally. He was a good officer

I'm afraid I disagree with you on Al Mustapha. He, and Strike Force, were nothing more than Presidential thugs. If you want to create a team for wet works, call in Col. Kayode Are (rtd), former DG SSS & Deputy NSA, or those former young officers from DMI during the Abacha Regime. Besides, there are currently a couple of bright officers from Army and naval intelligence, DSS itself, and the Police that one could draw from. AFTER ALL, the more secretive NIA draws it's field Officer cadre from there.
Re: What Is Realy The Work Of SSS Or DSS In This Country Nigeria ??? by Nobody: 8:24pm On Dec 04, 2014
ocelot2006:

I'm afraid I disagree with you on Al Mustapha. He, and Strike Force, were nothing more than Presidential thugs. If you want to create a team for wet works, call in Col. Kayode Are (rtd), former DG SSS & Deputy NSA, or those former young officers from DMI during the Abacha Regime. Besides, there are currently a couple of bright officers from Army and naval intelligence, DSS itself, and the Police that one could draw from. AFTER ALL, the more secretive NIA draws it's field Officer cadre from there.

When I mentioned Hamza, I want looking at him as a person but rather stereotyping his swift response to the word 'THREAT' whatever you perceive to be a national threat should be dealt with directly or indirectly. Who's in the moral seat to judge when it's necessary to take a life? Not even me or those wielding weapons. But the context of been 'a possible threat' puts a bullseye or a sniper scope towards you. Am waiting for that day when a new set of 'presidential thugs' arise to do the necessary evil.
Re: What Is Realy The Work Of SSS Or DSS In This Country Nigeria ??? by ocelot2006(m): 10:45pm On Dec 04, 2014
pasino26:

When I mentioned Hamza, I want looking at him as a person but rather stereotyping his swift response to the word 'THREAT' whatever you perceive to be a national threat should be dealt with directly or indirectly. Who's in the moral seat to judge when it's necessary to take a life? Not even me or those wielding weapons. But the context of been 'a possible threat' puts a bullseye or a sniper scope towards you. Am waiting for that day when a new set of 'presidential thugs' arise to do the necessary evil.

I'm not against the use of black teams like Mossad ' s Kidon unit for wet works. I just don't like the Strike Force Al Must alpha created as they were simply brutish thugs in balaclavas riding in jeeps and heavily armed. And I definitely don't see Al Mustapha as a brilliant Officer. I'll rather have a team with the sophistication, brilliance and finesse to carry out wet works (assassinations, etc) just like Kidon or the old KEY, than a bunch of glorified palace guards running amok in town.
Re: What Is Realy The Work Of SSS Or DSS In This Country Nigeria ??? by Nobody: 7:19am On Dec 05, 2014
ocelot2006:

I'm not against the use of black teams like Mossad ' s Kidon unit for wet works. I just don't like the Strike Force Al Must alpha created as they were simply brutish thugs in balaclavas riding in jeeps and heavily armed. And I definitely don't see Al Mustapha as a brilliant Officer. I'll rather have a team with the sophistication, brilliance and finesse to carry out wet works (assassinations, etc) just like Kidon or the old KEY, than a bunch of glorified palace guards running amok in town.

At least you got the point I was making. If you're a fan of cartoon series I will refer you to one of my favourites NARUTO. There's this character there named Danzo maybe you should read about him online. For starts he's the head of the ANBU FOUNDATION; BLACK OPS IN THE SECRET ARMY. He'll always say that the root is hidden under dirt and mud and that's what holds the tree in place. Cheers

1 Like

Re: What Is Realy The Work Of SSS Or DSS In This Country Nigeria ??? by Toosure70: 7:52am On Dec 05, 2014
To rig election. Eg osun election
Re: What Is Realy The Work Of SSS Or DSS In This Country Nigeria ??? by BlackSEER(m): 8:30am On Dec 05, 2014
they work is to collect salaries at end of every month and to do all the dirty jobs assigned to them by the government of the day.in all honesty,they are not different from most government agencies and ministries

(1) (2) (Reply)

“APC Is Drifting; No Member Is Happy” – Saraki / 2019: 76 Candidates To Run For President / Dollar Rain For Senators-elect

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.