Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,922 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:25 PM

Ladi Kwali:The Woman on The N20 Note - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ladi Kwali:The Woman on The N20 Note (52240 Views)

Meet The Woman At The Back Of N20 Note. / Ladi Kwali:the Woman On The N20 Note / Ladi Kwali, Nigeria's Famous Potter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladi Kwali:The Woman on The N20 Note by ellechrystal(f): 12:44am On Nov 30, 2014
Hain!
Re: Ladi Kwali:The Woman on The N20 Note by frank4t(m): 12:50am On Nov 30, 2014
goofyone:
How come we didn't know this all this time? So not fair!
Nigeria historians have so not done us fair.
how come u av not been reading ur books?

1 Like

Re: Ladi Kwali:The Woman on The N20 Note by Nobody: 12:59am On Nov 30, 2014
Wow, never knew all this
Re: Ladi Kwali:The Woman on The N20 Note by sammy6(m): 1:14am On Nov 30, 2014
Wow
Re: Ladi Kwali:The Woman on The N20 Note by shadrach77: 1:21am On Nov 30, 2014
i think she only made it unto the currency because of her gender. Her achievements are insignificant angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Ladi Kwali:The Woman on The N20 Note by LajaLaba: 1:24am On Nov 30, 2014
martyns303:

Did I hurt ur feelings? Sorry. Now go clean up those dirts.
Cool down u aren't making any sense lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Ladi Kwali:The Woman on The N20 Note by Afritop(m): 1:44am On Nov 30, 2014
Too bad but not too late for our leaders and politicians. This shows that there are many heroes that have brought Nigeria to limelight that our government ought to honour but due to greed, selfishness and corruption they prefer to name projects after themselves. Kudos to them that they remember ladi kwali in the N20 note
Re: Ladi Kwali:The Woman on The N20 Note by Sleekyshuga(f): 2:21am On Nov 30, 2014
I was 'scantily' taught about her in secondary school, and @ such, I didn't know these much tongue tongue..

Nice one, @OP..

#Creativity @ its peak cool.

1 Like

Re: Ladi Kwali:The Woman on The N20 Note by Gordieshegz(m): 2:43am On Nov 30, 2014
Dis is just an irony of life,,peeps..if u ask anyone,even a 5-year old,whose picture is on the twenty naira note,he/she won't hesitate to say muritala muhammed... only a few will say ladi kwali..until tonyt,I seriously haven't thought abt any picture on d rear...I was even thinking maybe the OP was talking abt "any new #20 note"...until I checked one....one should strive to be a the fore-front cos only few care abt rear

1 Like

Re: Ladi Kwali:The Woman on The N20 Note by M4gunners: 3:13am On Nov 30, 2014
Some women keep making history since 1925,while some keep breaking guys heart since introduction of Handsets.

3 Likes

Re: Ladi Kwali:The Woman on The N20 Note by iroko212: 3:20am On Nov 30, 2014
She is a quite ambitious, a great achiever and a great Woman. I got in love with her biography.
Re: Ladi Kwali:The Woman on The N20 Note by femmysin(m): 3:35am On Nov 30, 2014
Hmmm anything thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might.

1 Like

Re: Ladi Kwali:The Woman on The N20 Note by mryusuffga(m): 4:17am On Nov 30, 2014
lesson! be humble with you job, anything worth doing at all what doing well

1 Like

Re: Ladi Kwali:The Woman on The N20 Note by LaRoyalHighness(f): 5:09am On Nov 30, 2014
Woah! Really! I am happy I read this... Educative... Thank you poster ... Thank you mod for bringing this to fp... Thank you seun...

Thinking* And what will I be remembered for? Time to get to work.

1 Like

Re: Ladi Kwali:The Woman on The N20 Note by Sammy107d(m): 5:14am On Nov 30, 2014
Question is.. what happened to that school in Abuja?
Re: Ladi Kwali:The Woman on The N20 Note by allcomage: 5:39am On Nov 30, 2014
With my age and level of education I never new this,this lady for me ranks among top ten of all important Nigerian personalities.in spite of British evil deeds in Nigeria they still left some good legacies which we abandoned to pick our wicked ways.i have been lucky to visit over 12 countries colonised by British,most of the good legacies are being kept but in Nigeria the reverse is the case.even in this age,the queen gives like one honour or none to a distinguished citizen in year but here it is over 400 potential convicts every year.looters forgive me to say that the greatest undoing of this great country apart from ethnicity and religion is PETRO MONEY .we have lost it all.a country so rich but so poor.some might find it difficult to believe but Nigeria would have done better than this without Oil.thanks Nairaland for this important aspect of our history ,go Ladi Kwali.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ladi Kwali:The Woman on The N20 Note by Kirinwa: 5:44am On Nov 30, 2014
goofyone:

Are you not aware that jeg banned history studies in univrsities?
Re: Ladi Kwali:The Woman on The N20 Note by chakula: 6:04am On Nov 30, 2014
Amastermovic:
Na my grandma be dat nw

Gentleman go for your grandma elsewhere please, do not rob other people's property.

1 Like

Re: Ladi Kwali:The Woman on The N20 Note by Ghyft(f): 6:06am On Nov 30, 2014
Ladi Kwali, great woman,superb legacy...... It means we don't have to be doctors or engineers to be successful.. I call this 'Potter' a successful woman

1 Like

Re: Ladi Kwali:The Woman on The N20 Note by Nobody: 6:11am On Nov 30, 2014
goofyone:
not only Nigerian historians,but Africa. That's why the Europeans twisted our history. Yet we're complaining that they weren't fair to us. What did we expect? If you don't write your history another person is there to write it for you...and don't be pained if he twists the facts to favour him.
Re: Ladi Kwali:The Woman on The N20 Note by busayochic: 6:22am On Nov 30, 2014
wheesin:

dude are u for real at all...you call her just a potter...who has been awarded several times enough to spell ur name. You even made ursef look foolish by mentioning people that u find great, the queen of england..hw has she helped ur life..by making u believe nothing good can emerge from a black sheep like u..mtchew
must u use insulting words to drive your points home? We really need to learn how to post comments on threads on this site. He is entitled to his opinion so are u! And if u do not agree with his comment, there are better and decent ways of posting a contradictory comment.
Re: Ladi Kwali:The Woman on The N20 Note by femi4: 6:31am On Nov 30, 2014
How come I am seeing this for the first time with my level of exposure

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Olu Of Warri Installs Chief Oma Eyewuoma As New Ologbotsere In Warri Kingdom / Oore Of Mobaland: Only Person Who's Qualified To Break The News Of Ooni's Death / Buhari’s Son, Yusuf Bags Traditional Title In Daura

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.