Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,496 members, 7,812,534 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:55 PM

Nairaland Jamb Tutorial Centre{commerce Thread} - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nairaland Jamb Tutorial Centre{commerce Thread} (1949 Views)

2016 NAIRALAND JAMB TUTORIAL {the Physics Thread } / Nairaland Jamb Tutorial Centre {chemistry Thread} / Nairaland Jamb Tutorial Centre. {NJTC} (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairaland Jamb Tutorial Centre{commerce Thread} by Nobody: 9:53am On Nov 28, 2014
Good morning guys! This is commerce lecture room.
TUTOR
Nelsizzy
yomieluv
BEST OF LUCKS
Re: Nairaland Jamb Tutorial Centre{commerce Thread} by Nelsizzy(m): 10:23am On Nov 28, 2014
Welcome Jambites. I would be your commerce tutor. I just want to let you know that jamb isnt as hard as it looks, you just need to be determined, study hard, believe in yourself and most importantly look up to God. I hope to impact positively while also increasing my knowledge.
Re: Nairaland Jamb Tutorial Centre{commerce Thread} by Nelsizzy(m): 10:34am On Nov 28, 2014
For extensive reading this syllabus should be followed.....
JAMB syllabus for commerce.
1. Commerce
2. Occupation
3. Production
4. Trade
5. Trade Documents
6. Stock Market
7. Aids-to-trade
8. Element of Marketing
9. Contract
10. Business Management
11. Money
12. Trade association
13. Business Units
14. Business Financing
Re: Nairaland Jamb Tutorial Centre{commerce Thread} by Nelsizzy(m): 1:18pm On Nov 28, 2014
Letz begin. Sori i came late.
Re: Nairaland Jamb Tutorial Centre{commerce Thread} by Nelsizzy(m): 1:19pm On Nov 28, 2014
PRODUCTION
.Production may be defined as transformation of raw materials or semi finished goods into finished. In other words production can be define as the creation of utility whereas utility is the satisfaction derived from the use or consumption of a particular products.
During production, the various factors of production (land, labour, capital n entreprenuer) must be combined to achieve a quality produce.

Types of production
There r basically three types of production which are:
Primary production: It mainly deals with the extraction or removal of minerals from the earth surface. Various activities that we are familiar with falls under it. Examples include fishing, minning etc.
Secondary production: This involves d manufacturing of goods or d construction of structures.
Teritary production: It involves the provision of servicies. Teritary production cant be consumed but seen or felt. Examples include services provided by barbers, banks, tourism etc.

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Jamb Tutorial Centre{commerce Thread} by Nobody: 7:17am On Nov 29, 2014
Production could also be defines as the creation of utility.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Jamb Tutorial Centre{commerce Thread} by Martiyu(m): 2:13pm On Nov 29, 2014
Nelsizzy:
PRODUCTION
.Production may be defined as transformation of raw materials or semi finished goods into finished. In other words production can be define as the creation of utility whereas utility is the satisfaction derived from the use or consumption of a particular products.
During production, the various factors of production (land, labour, capital n entreprenuer) must be combined to achieve a quality produce.

Types of production
There r basically three types of production which are:
Primary production: It mainly deals with the extraction or removal of minerals from the earth surface. Various activities that we are familiar with falls under it. Examples include fishing, minning etc.
Secondary production: This involves d manufacturing of goods or d construction of structures.
Teritary production: It involves the provision of servicies. Teritary production cant be consumed but seen or felt. Examples include services provided by barbers, banks, tourism etc.

This is simplicity at its peak. Ride on bro, I gat ur back.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Jamb Tutorial Centre{commerce Thread} by Nobody: 10:13am On Nov 30, 2014
Still on production..

Production can be divided into two forms- consumer goods,and capital goods.

Consumer goods- these are goods that are produced for immediate consumption..eg- bread,milk.etc.

Capital goods- these are goods that are produced to assist in further production of other goods.-machinery.etc.

Production can either be direct,or indirect..

Direct production is the production,usually on a small scale,not for sale,and usually the use of crude tools..

Indirect production is the production meant for sale,produced on a large scale,and it involves the use of machine,or machinery..

3 Likes

Re: Nairaland Jamb Tutorial Centre{commerce Thread} by crowntoro(f): 11:22am On Nov 30, 2014
Yomieluv:
Still on production..

Consumer goods- these are goods that are produced for immediate consumption..eg- bread,milk.etc.

Capital goods- these are goods that are produced to assist in further production of other goods.- machinery.etc.

Direct production is the production,usually on a small scale,not for sale,and usually the use of crude tools..

Indirect production is the production meant for sale,produced on a large scale,and it involves the use of machine,or machinery..
thanks for the lecture bro *winks*
Re: Nairaland Jamb Tutorial Centre{commerce Thread} by Nobody: 12:23pm On Nov 30, 2014
Factors of production.

These are inputs of production. There are four factors of production,namely:

1.Land.

2.Labor.

3.Capital.

4.Entrepreneur.

Am going to explain each of them.

Land-this is a free gift of nature,which has no cost of production. Its anything supplied freely by nature above the ground,and beneath the earth surface..the reward of land is rent..eg- gold,fishes,animal,coal,solar.etc. Land plays a very important role in production because of the following reasons:
A. It helps in supply of raw materials.
b. it helps in providing site for construction.

Land has the following characteristics-

It is immobile.

It is subject to depreciation.

It is a passive factor of production.

It is fixed in supply.

Its quality varies.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Jamb Tutorial Centre{commerce Thread} by Nobody: 9:45pm On Nov 30, 2014
I stand to be corrected, how is land subject to depreciation? When you and I know that appreciate.
Yomieluv:
Factors of production.

These are inputs of production. There are four factors of production,namely:

1.Land.

2.Labor.

3.Capital.

4.Entrepreneur.

Am going to explain each of them.

Land-this is a free gift of nature,which has no cost of production. Its anything supplied freely by nature above the ground,and beneath the earth surface..the reward of land is rent..eg- gold,fishes,animal,coal,solar.etc. Land plays a very important role in production because of the following reasons:
A. It helps in supply of raw materials.
b. it helps in providing site for construction.

Land has the following characteristics-

It is immobile.

It is subject to depreciation.

It is a passive factor of production.

It is fixed in supply.

Its quality varies.

Re: Nairaland Jamb Tutorial Centre{commerce Thread} by Nobody: 11:40pm On Nov 30, 2014
GoldenDr:
I stand to be corrected, how is land subject to depreciation? When you and I know that appreciate.
when an activity takes place on land,whatever it is producing Becomes less,and less in output..

This explains why farmers do crop-rotation to mention few.
Re: Nairaland Jamb Tutorial Centre{commerce Thread} by Nelsizzy(m): 11:16am On Dec 01, 2014
GoldenDr:
Cn u buy a pice of land dat waz intially on sale for 5 million at that rate after erosion took place on that same land?
Re: Nairaland Jamb Tutorial Centre{commerce Thread} by Nelsizzy(m): 11:17am On Dec 01, 2014
You can post your JAMB past questions and i will try to simplify the answers.......
Re: Nairaland Jamb Tutorial Centre{commerce Thread} by smithsammy(m): 7:57am On Dec 02, 2014
Yomieluv:
when an activity takes place on land,whatever it is producing Becomes less,and less in output..

This explains why farmers do crop-rotation to mention few.
in the general sense, land doesn't depreciate. Even if the land is used for croping, I know the land may lose nutrients over time, but that still doesn't diminish its value. Nutrients of land can be rekindled through the use of manures. And if peradventure the land user cannot wait for the fatalizing period, considering the months it will take for it to give effective result, the land can be used for live-stock farming. That is the dynamism of land. I stand to be corrected.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Jamb Tutorial Centre{commerce Thread} by Martiyu(m): 8:54am On Dec 02, 2014
smithsammy:
in the general sense, land doesn't depreciate. Even if the land is used for croping, I know the land may lose nutrients over time, but that still doesn't diminish its value. Nutrients of land can be rekindled through the use of manures. And if peradventure the land user cannot wait for the fatalizing period, considering the months it will take for it to give effective result, the land can be used for live-stock farming. That is the dynamism of land. I stand to be corrected.

You are right but this does not in any way negate the fact that land is subject to diminishing returns. Ur view z ryt as well as his and none is superior to the other
Re: Nairaland Jamb Tutorial Centre{commerce Thread} by Nelsizzy(m): 9:21am On Dec 02, 2014
Gud m0rning. Lecture starts in a jiffy......
Re: Nairaland Jamb Tutorial Centre{commerce Thread} by smithsammy(m): 9:35am On Dec 02, 2014
Martiyu:

You are right but this does not in any way negate the fact that land is subject to diminishing returns. Ur view z ryt as well as his and none is superior to the other
yea! Land is subject to depreciation, but it can be reversed!
Re: Nairaland Jamb Tutorial Centre{commerce Thread} by Nelsizzy(m): 9:48am On Dec 02, 2014
Letz move over to MONEY for today.
Re: Nairaland Jamb Tutorial Centre{commerce Thread} by Martiyu(m): 10:10am On Dec 02, 2014
smithsammy:

The features of land necessitated that point. The poster was not wrong to have mentioned it . U shouldn't have quoted him, thereby making it look like his view was off-point. U could just have posted neutrally and it would seem like an added knowledge and not a counter-knowledge like u md it seem.

Hey! Come here, nobody is arguing with you... Y r u making this seem like an argument?

Pls choose a topic; discuss it and let everybody learn. The debate on land is becoming an eyesore
Re: Nairaland Jamb Tutorial Centre{commerce Thread} by Martiyu(m): 10:26am On Dec 02, 2014
Nelsizzy:
Letz move over to MONEY for today.

I love money
Re: Nairaland Jamb Tutorial Centre{commerce Thread} by Nelsizzy(m): 10:29am On Dec 02, 2014
MONEY
Money is any item or material that is generally n legally accepted as payment for goods and services and repayment of debts in a particular country.
The main functions of money are distinguished as: a medium of exchange; a unit of account; a store of value; and a standard of deferred payment. Any item that can fulfill these functions can be considered money.
Functions of Money
*Medium of exchange
When money is used to facilitate the exchange of goods and services, it is performing a function as a medium of exchange. It thereby avoids the problem of a barter system, such as the "double coincidence of wants" problemg.
*Measure of value
Unit of account
It can be used measure numerical monetary unit of the market value of goods, services, and other transactions.
Standard of deferred payment
Is an accepted way to settle a debt.
Re: Nairaland Jamb Tutorial Centre{commerce Thread} by Martiyu(m): 10:38am On Dec 02, 2014
Nelsizzy:
MONEY
Money is any item or material that is generally n legally accepted as payment for goods and services and repayment of debts in a particular country.
The main functions of money are distinguished as: a medium of exchange; a unit of account; a store of value; and a standard of deferred payment. Any item that can fulfill these functions can be considered money.
Functions of Money
*Medium of exchange
When money is used to facilitate the exchange of goods and services, it is performing a function as a medium of exchange. It thereby avoids the problem of a barter system, such as the "double coincidence of wants" problemg.
*Measure of value
Unit of account
It can be used measure numerical monetary unit of the market value of goods, services, and other transactions.
Standard of deferred payment
Is an accepted way to settle a debt.

I was thinking you would start from origin/evolution, then move to types before discussing functions. U know all those commodity money, fiduciary issue, bank note, coins, paper money et al
Re: Nairaland Jamb Tutorial Centre{commerce Thread} by Nelsizzy(m): 11:38am On Dec 02, 2014
Martiyu:

I was thinking you would start from origin, then move to types before discussing functions. U know all those commodity money, fiduciary issue, bank note, coins, paper money et al
wuld work on dat nw
Re: Nairaland Jamb Tutorial Centre{commerce Thread} by Martiyu(m): 11:55am On Dec 02, 2014
Nelsizzy:
wuld work on dat nw

M with you bumper to bumper
Re: Nairaland Jamb Tutorial Centre{commerce Thread} by DEGREE2466(m): 11:58am On Dec 02, 2014
Yomieluv:
Still on production..

Capital goods- these are goods that are produced to assist in further production of other goods.-machinery.etc.

Lol

different languages for the same thing.

over here in London we call it derived good i.e goods that can be used to produce other goods

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Jamb Tutorial Centre{commerce Thread} by Nobody: 5:00pm On Dec 02, 2014
smithsammy:
how?
Re: Nairaland Jamb Tutorial Centre{commerce Thread} by Nobody: 5:02pm On Dec 02, 2014
Martiyu:

I was thinking you would start from origin/evolution, then move to types before discussing functions. U know all those commodity money, fiduciary issue, bank note, coins, paper money et al
Am more concern about fiduciary money.
Re: Nairaland Jamb Tutorial Centre{commerce Thread} by Nobody: 5:03pm On Dec 02, 2014
DEGREE2466:

Lol

different languages for the same thing.

over here in London we call it derived good i.e goods that can be used to produce other goods
hmmmmmm..... We learn, share and grow.
Re: Nairaland Jamb Tutorial Centre{commerce Thread} by Martiyu(m): 5:08pm On Dec 02, 2014
GoldenDr:
Am more concern about fiduciary money.

Our gallant prof will clear u on every grey area... Just don't absent yourself from class. #smiles

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Jamb Tutorial Centre{commerce Thread} by smithsammy(m): 10:53pm On Dec 02, 2014
Martiyu:

The features of land necessitated that point. The poster was not wrong to have mentioned it . U shouldn't have quoted him, thereby making it look like his view was off-point. U could just have posted neutrally and it would seem like an added knowledge and not a counter-knowledge like u md it seem.

Hey! Come here, nobody is arguing with you... Y r u making this seem like an argument?

Pls choose a topic; discuss it and let everybody learn. The debate on land is becoming an eyesore
after seeing the "subject to," i retracted my assertions. the op was right. what i'm just trying to say is that depreciation of land can be ameliorated if some certain measures are put in place. the bottom line, i must restress is that land is subject to depreciation as rightly cited by the op. often times, scholars of the same field counters each others' work, and that is the beauty of education. my explanation and contribution does not warrant all this accusation.
Re: Nairaland Jamb Tutorial Centre{commerce Thread} by Martiyu(m): 1:24pm On Dec 03, 2014
smithsammy:
after seeing the "subject to," i retracted my assertions. the op was right. what i'm just trying to say is that depreciation of land can be ameliorated if some certain measures are put in place. the bottom line, i must restress is that land is subject to depreciation as rightly cited by the op. often times, scholars of the same field counters each others' work, and that is the beauty of education. my explanation and contribution does not warrant all this accusation.

I didn't mean to cast aspersion bro.. If that's how I sounded, I really am sorry. #one_love ✌

(1) (2) (Reply)

Amazing Structures In Massachusetts Institutes Of Technology (MIT) / Eko University Of Medical And Health Sciences Ijanikin, Lagos 2018/2019 POST-UTM / The School As A Social Organization

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.