Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,220 members, 7,836,065 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:15 PM

I Don't Understand Myself Anylonger. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Don't Understand Myself Anylonger. (1958 Views)

My Dad Often Gets Unclad In The House And I Don't Lyk It / Help! I Don't Know How To Tell My Wife That I Have Impregnated A Girl / His 5 Years Old Son Wrote In His Play Book "I Don't Like My Mum And Dad" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Don't Understand Myself Anylonger. by SkinnyDude(m): 11:12am On Nov 28, 2014
I'm depressed. i don't understand myself any longer. i'm tired of these bad habits. i'm greedy, and not contented with what i have.
e.g- "i see this shoes or cloth in someone's body. i sell my own, and buy it. few weeks later, i get tired of it. sell it, and start looking for another one"

i keep loosing and loosing. selling off my things. i'm tired of this of lifestyle. i need solution, please.

1 Like

Re: I Don't Understand Myself Anylonger. by Evina(f): 11:14am On Nov 28, 2014
Have you always been covetous?
Re: I Don't Understand Myself Anylonger. by seankafor(m): 11:18am On Nov 28, 2014
These things don't happen here in.................. Oklahoma...
What did i just typed?
Re: I Don't Understand Myself Anylonger. by SkinnyDude(m): 11:27am On Nov 28, 2014
Evina:
Have you always been covetous?
yes. i always desire to obtain every thing i see ( shoes, money, clothes, phones). even though i'm not working. thats the root of every problem.
Re: I Don't Understand Myself Anylonger. by Evina(f): 11:28am On Nov 28, 2014
SkinnyDude:
yes. i always desire to obtain every thing i see ( shoes, money, clothes, phones). even though i'm not working. thats the root of every problem.

When did you start observing this attitude?

I am going to be asking you quite alot of questions, because in answering these questions, a solution will come up. smiley
Re: I Don't Understand Myself Anylonger. by bigt2(m): 11:34am On Nov 28, 2014
there is an exception for this happening here in France. cheesy
Re: I Don't Understand Myself Anylonger. by SkinnyDude(m): 11:35am On Nov 28, 2014
Evina:

When did you start observing this attitude?

I am going to be asking you quite alot of questions, because in answering these questions, a solution will come up. smiley
i can't remember. but it's been long now. i'm 19.
Re: I Don't Understand Myself Anylonger. by Evina(f): 11:58am On Nov 28, 2014
SkinnyDude:
i can't remember. but it's been long now. i'm 19.

Okay. So it is a habit that has become your weakness and dealing with weaknesses can be pretty tough. One of the things you can do is to make yourself accountable to another person whom you trust and who can support you in your quest to manage that weakness.

Dealing with covetousness requires a lot of discipline and also requires you working on your self esteem. You want what others have because you feel inadequate with what you have and consider others to be more superior because of their material acquisitions.

You need to begin to understand that your self worth doesn't increase or diminish with how much possessions you have. You create your own value.

One of the most effective ways of changing your mindset is to start reading the right books. As a wise saying goes, "our lives go in the direction of our most predominant thoughts". So, basically, we eventually become what we think because thoughts form actions, consistent actions lead to habits and habits forms our character which defines us. So, to become some thing different, you have to start again, with changing your thought patterns and feeding your mind with the right materials will help achieve that. smiley

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Don't Understand Myself Anylonger. by SkinnyDude(m): 12:10pm On Nov 28, 2014
Evina:

Okay. So it is a habit that has become your weakness and dealing with weaknesses can be pretty tough. One of the things you can do is to make yourself accountable to another person whom you trust and who can support you in your quest to manage that weakness.

Dealing with covetousness requires a lot of discipline and also requires you working on your self esteem. You want what others have because you feel inadequate with what you have and consider others to be more superior because of their material acquisitions.

You need to begin to understand that your self worth doesn't increase or diminish with how much possessions you have. You create your own value.

One of the most effective ways of changing your mindset is to start reading the right books. As a wise saying goes, "our lives go in the direction of our most predominant thoughts". So, basically, we eventually become what we think because thoughts form actions, consistent actions lead to habits and habits forms our character which defines us. So, to become some thing different, you have to start again, with changing your thought patterns and feeding your mind with the right materials will help achieve that. smiley
thank you so much. you must be a Psychologist.
Re: I Don't Understand Myself Anylonger. by Evina(f): 12:20pm On Nov 28, 2014
SkinnyDude:

thank you so much. you must be a Psychologist.

Always welcome smiley

Can we talk about your depression? what is getting you depressed?
Re: I Don't Understand Myself Anylonger. by SkinnyDude(m): 12:30pm On Nov 28, 2014
Evina:

Always welcome smiley

Can we talk about your depression? what is getting you depressed?
my inability to speak well. i'm a stutterer and it's getting out of hand.
Re: I Don't Understand Myself Anylonger. by Evina(f): 12:40pm On Nov 28, 2014
SkinnyDude:
my inability to speak well. i'm a stutterer and it's getting out of hand.

Oh. I know someone, she was once a colleague. Now, she is doing very well, working as an on air personality in one of the top radio stations in Abuja. smiley

When she told me she was once a terrible stutterer, I couldn't believe it. She said she had the worst kind, those who actually tap themselves before speaking shocked Now, there is absolutely no trace of stuttering when she speaks. She has a clear, strong, soothing voice. wink

I was once intrigued about the cause of stuttering and through research, I discovered that it was purely psychological. People stutter when they get really nervous.

You should decide to deal with it. And you sure can.

First, you need to observe what triggers it. I think your self esteem is at a very low point. Try seeing the good things about you and appreciating them.

For one, you write really well smiley that is a plus. I don't know you, but I sense a really creative, intelligent dude who has set limitions for himself by looking down on self.

Why not make a list of ALL that is good about you? smiley Start from there. wink

2 Likes

Re: I Don't Understand Myself Anylonger. by SkinnyDude(m): 12:48pm On Nov 28, 2014
Evina:

Oh. I know someone, she was once a colleague. Now, she is doing very well, working as an on air personality in one of the top radio stations in Abuja. smiley

When she told me she was once a terrible stutterer, I couldn't believe it. She said she had the worst kind, those who actually tap themselves before speaking shocked Now, there is absolutely no trace of stuttering when she speaks. She has a clear, strong, soothing voice. wink

I was once intrigued about the cause of stuttering and through research, I discovered that it was purely psychological. People stutter when they get really nervous.

You should decide to deal with it. And you sure can.

First, you need to observe what triggers it. I think your self esteem is at a very low point. Try seeing the good things about you and appreciating them.

For one, you write really well smiley that is a plus. I don't know you, but I sense a really creative, intelligent dude who has set limitions for himself by looking down on self.

Why not make a list of [b]ALL that is good about you?[b] smiley Start from there. wink
okay. i will try it when am chanced. and yes, i have a very low self esteem. always comparing myself to people.
Re: I Don't Understand Myself Anylonger. by crackhaus: 1:29pm On Nov 28, 2014
Nice one Evina, you pretty much covered everything.

As an addendum, @SkinnyDude:

Work on your self-esteem and self-worth, that's just about it - when you're comfortable in your own skin without feelings of inadequacy and inferiority, you begin to live a fairly simple and easy life totally dependent on your own rules.

Cheers...

2 Likes

Re: I Don't Understand Myself Anylonger. by Evina(f): 1:39pm On Nov 28, 2014
crackhaus:
Nice one Evina, you pretty much covered everything.

As an addendum, @SkinnyDude:

Work on your self-esteem and self-worth, that's just about it - when you're comfortable in your own skin without feelings of inadequacy and inferiority, you begin to live a fairly simple and easy life totally dependent on your own rules.

Cheers...

Thank you Crackhause smiley

At the highlighted, how does he work on it. I am sure he knows he ought to but not sure that he knows how to.
Re: I Don't Understand Myself Anylonger. by crackhaus: 2:16pm On Nov 28, 2014
Evina:

Thank you Crackhause smiley

At the highlighted, how does he work on it. I am sure he knows he ought to but not sure that he knows how to.

Right here:

crackhaus:

I believe the starting point is accepting oneself, status, and capacity for what it is at specific moments. This does not mean he shouldn't strive to be better and achieve more, but this desire should be borne out of his own personal need at that moment and not dependent on what someone else has/has achieved.

There's this thing about confidence, people who have it may not be those who stand out the most in a crowd, or the loudest, or those who attract the most attention - this does not mean there aren't exceptions.
The world we live in now makes it even more difficult for people to be content in themselves - society has created materialistic standards by which it defines people...so it is left for individuals to break free from such mental captivity.

He only just needs to find/discover himself; know exactly who he is & what he stands for, and also have his own set of guidelines by which he lives - everyone should have something they believe in, live by, and strive towards...this is what fuels healthy feelings of self-esteem, self-worth, and adequacy.

4 Likes

Re: I Don't Understand Myself Anylonger. by Evina(f): 2:31pm On Nov 28, 2014
Very well said Crackhaus. smiley

Your moniker though undecided Makes me feel like I'm chatting with a junkie lipsrsealed No offense embarassed

2 Likes

Re: I Don't Understand Myself Anylonger. by crackhaus: 2:48pm On Nov 28, 2014
Evina:
Very well said Crackhaus. smiley

Your moniker though undecided Makes me feel like I'm chatting with a junkie lipsrsealed No offense embarassed
cheesycheesy
No offence taken...

Apologize! angry

2 Likes

Re: I Don't Understand Myself Anylonger. by Evina(f): 3:12pm On Nov 28, 2014
crackhaus:

cheesycheesy
No offence taken...

Apologize! angry

cheesy I am sorry embarassed

But what prompted such moniker? Do you use?
Re: I Don't Understand Myself Anylonger. by KanwuliaJara: 3:18pm On Nov 28, 2014
Why dunyoo consult the oracle in your village?

Might be a family curse. grin
Re: I Don't Understand Myself Anylonger. by SAMBARRY: 3:26pm On Nov 28, 2014
KanwuliaJara:
Why dunyoo consult the oracle in your village?

Might be a family curse. grin
grin grin grin

best advice ever grin

Re: I Don't Understand Myself Anylonger. by crackhaus: 3:48pm On Nov 28, 2014
Evina:

cheesy I am sorry embarassed

But what prompted such moniker? Do you use?
Never have!

It's just an old nickname - actually, the nickname on there is just the 'crack' bit. It's added to my first name when called by a specific group of friends.

For further enquiries as to how/why someone decided to start the nick, apply within... grintongue

Apology accepted! cheesy
Re: I Don't Understand Myself Anylonger. by Evina(f): 4:02pm On Nov 28, 2014
crackhaus:

Never have!

It's just an old nickname - actually, the nickname on there is just the 'crack' bit. It's added to my first name when called by a specific group of friends.

For further enquiries as to how/why someone decided to start the nick, apply within... grintongue

Apology accepted! cheesy

Lol at apply within grin I may consider, still observing tongue

1 Like

Re: I Don't Understand Myself Anylonger. by Nobody: 4:11pm On Nov 28, 2014
SkinnyDude:
I'm depressed. i don't understand myself any longer. i'm tired of these bad habits. i'm greedy, and not contented with what i have.
e.g- "i see this shoes or cloth in someone's body. i sell my own, and buy it. few weeks later, i get tired of it. sell it, and start looking for another one"

i keep loosing and loosing. selling off my things. i'm tired of this of lifestyle. i need solution, please.

Don't beat yourself over it.
Thank your stars it's not like you sell things to gamble or to take drugs or to sleep with prostitutes.
You will outgrow it trust me.
The older you get, the easier you shed those habits and that's why you are even growing tired of it.

2 Likes

Re: I Don't Understand Myself Anylonger. by crackhaus: 4:55pm On Nov 28, 2014
Evina:

Lol at apply within grin I may consider, still observing tongue
Please observe quickly o... grin

I'll be checking out for you as well.

1 Like

Re: I Don't Understand Myself Anylonger. by Evina(f): 5:03pm On Nov 28, 2014
crackhaus:

Please observe quickly o... grin

I'll be checking out for you as well.

Lolz...
Re: I Don't Understand Myself Anylonger. by twosquare(m): 9:55pm On Nov 28, 2014
SkinnyDude:

Go and master the book of Ecclesiates and read it over and over again...back it along with prayers and it will stop...just believe.

(1) (Reply)

Xenophobia:pictures That Will Change Your Heart / Check Out My Little Nieces' Swags And Cute Smiles: Photos / okay

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.