Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,423 members, 7,822,963 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:27 PM

Northern Nigeria-what Do You Know About It? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Northern Nigeria-what Do You Know About It? (1864 Views)

"Blame Northern-Nigeria Muslim Elites For Boko Haram" - Bishop Matthew Kukah / 6 Types Of Voters In Nigeria. What Type Are You? / If You Are The President Of Nigeria, What Will You Do Differently? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Northern Nigeria-what Do You Know About It? by elmagnific(m): 8:28pm On Nov 29, 2008
It's typical of NL to find people making disparragin remarks about the nothern part of the country and yet more than 99% of those opening thier dirty mouths to make those remarks have NEVER been to any norther state, thier opnions (short sighted ones i might add) are based on stereotypes of what they see in the nigerian home movie industry with a Hausa man speaking with heavy accent and mostly doing the gateman's job,
Well enuff is enuf, i dont know why we the northerners should continue taking all this trash anymore!!,
Just look at the Bad reputation nigerians have at home and abroad with the 419 scam thing now popularly called Yahoo, i am sure out of 1 million guys doing those things it iwll be hard to find 50 that are notherners, you make nigeria's name shit we bear the brunt with foreign countries takin us as all thesame while in the end you open your stinkin shit mouth and blame us, angry angry angry angry

Pls if you don't know anything about something then dont open your dirty trap to discuss about it, it only shows how ignorant you are!!!
Re: Northern Nigeria-what Do You Know About It? by ikeyman00(m): 9:49pm On Nov 29, 2008
residents of babaric morons
Re: Northern Nigeria-what Do You Know About It? by ikeyman00(m): 9:52pm On Nov 29, 2008
replica of dafur in the near future
Re: Northern Nigeria-what Do You Know About It? by RibaduFan(m): 9:53pm On Nov 29, 2008
Ikey pls go to bed.
Re: Northern Nigeria-what Do You Know About It? by ikeyman00(m): 9:58pm On Nov 29, 2008
home of vampires
Re: Northern Nigeria-what Do You Know About It? by ikeyman00(m): 10:00pm On Nov 29, 2008
yemmyse

yes soon but emm hope u not a vampire
Re: Northern Nigeria-what Do You Know About It? by RibaduFan(m): 10:26pm On Nov 29, 2008
maybe and maybe am gonna feast on u tonite
Re: Northern Nigeria-what Do You Know About It? by ikeyman00(m): 10:29pm On Nov 29, 2008
pls make sure u turn up with suya,
Re: Northern Nigeria-what Do You Know About It? by SisiJinx: 10:31pm On Nov 29, 2008
You can't feast on IkeyZone, he's mine already. . .  [img]http://media.bigoo.ws/content/smile/emotion/emotion_113.gif[/img]

@ Topic
Why do you bother? Do you really think they are ready to let knowledge get in the way of their bashing?
Re: Northern Nigeria-what Do You Know About It? by ikeyman00(m): 10:38pm On Nov 29, 2008
ikeyman00 not deepjinx aright! hmmm nice to see u anway, u cant hide for ever
Re: Northern Nigeria-what Do You Know About It? by RedHotChic(f): 10:42pm On Nov 29, 2008
Are you kidding me? What do I know about the North?

1) Majority are nomads

2) Barbaric culture is very prevalent there

3) Its a den of many epidemics going by UN statistics. Meningitis and leprosy being the most prevalent.

4) 95% of them are muslims

5) Their men are usually tall and rarely fat.

6) Very uneducated. About 11% of the whole population has a little form of western education.

7) Poverty is a very big hurdle there.

cool they have ruled Nigeria for over 40 years yet nothing to show for their political dominance.

9) Their women should be declared endangered species by the govt because of child abuse and other forms of victimization by their men.

10) They are usually humble.

I appeal to fellow citizens and other internationals to help work together so that we can liberate the North. Its not up to them to discover the light, we as brothers keepers can help them get there asap. It pains my heart dearly that good brothers and sisters are dying in silence out there and that is why i am appealing to you to use whatever method you can to garner help for this region that looks like God has forsaken it. What are brothers for?. God loves a cheerful giver.
Re: Northern Nigeria-what Do You Know About It? by ikeyman00(m): 10:45pm On Nov 29, 2008
Nigerian clashes kill at least 200

Ethnic and religious clashes have killed more than 200 people in the Nigerian city of Jos Skip related content
Related photos / videos Nigeria riots Play video Nigeria riots Play video Nigerian clashes kill 200 in nigeria
The bodies have been brought to the main mosque in the city but the Red Cross said the final death toll is likely to be much higher.

A senior Nigerian Red Cross official said 218 bodies are awaiting burial. More than 300 people have been injured in the attacks.

The clashes between gangs of Muslim Hausas and mostly Christian Beroms were triggered by a disputed local government chairmanship election.

Authorities have extended a curfew in Jos and ordered the army to shoot on sight to stop more violence.

The governor of Plateau state, of which Jos is the capital, imposed a 24-hour curfew on neighbourhoods of the city that have been racked by violence in which rival gangs burned churches and mosques, forcing thousands to flee their homes.

A statement from the governor's office, read out on local radio, said the security forces had been directed to shoot on sight to enforce the measure. Sporadic violence had continued overnight despite a previous dawn-to-dusk curfew.

Gunfire and explosions heard in the early hours of the morning died down and many streets in the city, which lies at the crossroads between Nigeria's mostly Muslim north and mostly Christian south, were deserted as the military patrolled.

"There are Hausas and Beroms who want to fight each other and the army is in the middle trying to create a buffer zone," one resident said.

The unrest is the most serious of its kind in Africa's most populous nation, roughly equally split between Christians and Muslims, since President Umaru Yar'Adua took power in May 2007.

A spokesman for Plateau state governor Jonah Jang said hundreds of weapons have been retrieved at military roadblocks from vehicles trying to enter the city and that the gangs seemed to be getting arms from sympathisers outside the state.

In 2001, hundreds of people were killed in ethnic-religious street fighting in Jos. Three years later, hundreds died in clashes in the town of Yelwa, leading then-President Olusegun Obasanjo to declare a state of emergency and impose a curfew.

[img]http://d.yimg.com/i/ng/ne/itn/20081129/21/3900497642-nigeria-riots.jpg#300,225[/img]
Re: Northern Nigeria-what Do You Know About It? by tpia: 10:51pm On Nov 29, 2008
Re: Northern Nigeria-what Do You Know About It? by Nigeria4: 10:57pm On Nov 29, 2008
elmagnific (m)

dont get setup over the remark people say about northerner. i have been to the north and lived there . it is a nice place to live. but i tell you elmagnific , the real issue is that southerner do not want to live with you. and there is nothing on earth you can say or do. that they would love you. not your fault but it is what your leaders have done,

and when you kill a my love for you and you continue to it. it is hard to love you, kai gi ko.
Re: Northern Nigeria-what Do You Know About It? by RibaduFan(m): 10:58pm On Nov 29, 2008
what to do about the North - educate them
Re: Northern Nigeria-what Do You Know About It? by RedHotChic(f): 11:20pm On Nov 29, 2008
elmagnific (m)

don't get setup over the remark people say about northerner. i have been to the north and lived there . it is a nice place to live. [size=14pt]but i tell you elmagnific , the real issue is that southerner do not want to live with you[/size]. and there is nothing on earth you can say or do. that they would love you. not your fault but it is what your leaders have done,

and when you kill a my love for you and you continue to it. it is hard to love you, kai gi ko.
So true.
Re: Northern Nigeria-what Do You Know About It? by RibaduFan(m): 11:22pm On Nov 29, 2008
so false. I love the Northners they re peace loving.
Re: Northern Nigeria-what Do You Know About It? by JosBoy4Lif(m): 11:30pm On Nov 29, 2008
I luv yall too Yemmy grin
Re: Northern Nigeria-what Do You Know About It? by udezue(m): 12:02am On Nov 30, 2008
Xenophobic sexist racist thieving gworo eating parasitic bloodthirsty pedophilic envious murder happy uneducated poverty / disease stricken short tempered Islamic fundamentalists who have contributed nothing but genocides and religious / ethnic civil wars making Nigeria look like Darfur.

Need I say more?
Re: Northern Nigeria-what Do You Know About It? by Nobody: 4:52am On Nov 30, 2008
@poster

Why ask such a silly question when you already know the answer?
This is your own comment from another thread;

I Live in jos.but m presently in another city incidentally. However from what i've heard from friends and family the situation is really dire, massacres of school children in a barding dormitory, police shooting indescrimantely at civilians.Even part of my home has been set on fire, I'm rlly worried
This morning a a boarding school was attacked and the unfortunate students were butchered by a mob.some who tried to hide upstairs in their rooms were burnt to death
Re: Northern Nigeria-what Do You Know About It? by Kobojunkie: 5:00am On Nov 30, 2008
@Poster, are you serious? Come on!! I can see through all that yak!!! roflmao!!!

You come in to tell us that the death toll could be well over a 1000, and then you turn around and tell us that the Southerners are to blame for all the bad publicity the northerners get in Nigeria and around?? Are you ok??
Re: Northern Nigeria-what Do You Know About It? by ikeyman00(m): 12:43pm On Nov 30, 2008
@ post

gorow chewin medieval bastards

operation 2020-dafur in the making
Re: Northern Nigeria-what Do You Know About It? by pabanton: 1:01pm On Nov 30, 2008
How can you expect people to be safe in a place where almost every year there must be a crises such as Bauchi. You expect people to make investments only to loose it to madness I live in Jos, have lived in Bauchi, Maiduguri. Bauchi,Maiduguri and most other northerern state are very unfriendly to people who aren't hausas, or who don't speak perfect hausa, or who are christians. Plateau (Jos) is the friendliest northern state (most proabably because its predominantly christian state; but for these recent attempts to smear the state by the hausas who are claiming the state, inspite of the fact that they still go and partake in elections etc in kano, sokoto, maiduguri and bauchi,
Re: Northern Nigeria-what Do You Know About It? by MaiSuya(m): 7:55pm On Nov 30, 2008
udezue:

Xenophobic sexist racist thieving gworo eating parasitic bloodthirsty pedophilic  envious murder happy uneducated poverty / disease stricken short tempered Islamic fundamentalists who have contributed nothing but genocides and religious / ethnic civil wars making Nigeria look like Darfur.

Need I say more?

you really don't need to say more - your insanity is clear.
Re: Northern Nigeria-what Do You Know About It? by MaiSuya(m): 8:05pm On Nov 30, 2008
yemmyse:

so false. I love the Northners they re peace loving.

wannan yarinya na gode sosai. No mind am for all zees fifle. them just dey show dia ignoranz. yeye
Re: Northern Nigeria-what Do You Know About It? by pragmatic: 11:46pm On Nov 30, 2008
What do i know about [color=#990000]Northern[/color] Nigeria?

I do live in Abuja , been to Kano, Katsina, Kaduna etc, a beautiful place but inhabited by wild animals called NortheXXXX.
Uneducated people
Dirty People
Poverty striken
No brains
etc

I do make a funny joke when am with friends , [size=15pt]Northerners are a generation of Mai Ruwa[/size]. For those who dont understand the hausawa language, Northerners are a generation of water sellers.

Even in Abuja, southerners are not save from the madness of Northern Nigeria grin.
Re: Northern Nigeria-what Do You Know About It? by udezue(m): 11:48pm On Nov 30, 2008
Mai Suya,

Don't be mad its the truth. Show us a better side of you then I'll change my mind. Useless sons of SATAN.
Re: Northern Nigeria-what Do You Know About It? by RibaduFan(m): 11:50pm On Nov 30, 2008
The inhabitants of the North are blood thirsty.
Re: Northern Nigeria-what Do You Know About It? by DavidDylan(m): 12:00am On Dec 01, 2008
Mai Suya:

wannan yarinya na gode sosai. No mind am for all zees fifle. them just dey show dia ignoranz. yeye

How many more gallons of blood do we need to show our "ignorance"?
Re: Northern Nigeria-what Do You Know About It? by ikeyman00(m): 12:45am On Dec 01, 2008
their brain cell is made of gworo tissue
Re: Northern Nigeria-what Do You Know About It? by Nobody: 8:23pm On Dec 01, 2008
Northern nigerians are just a bunch of idiots who kill innocent people in the name of religion.

They should be separated from the rest of Nigeria.
They are nothing like the rest of nigeria. Both in physical appearance and brain capacity.
Northern nigerians should get the Bleep off nigeria and go to their sudanese counterparts.
Bloody illiterates!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Northern Nigeria-what Do You Know About It? by lucabrasi(m): 3:33am On Dec 03, 2008
@poster
i get what you r trying to say but turning round to rain abuses isnt helping anything you have to say at all, put your points across without expletives and ppl can contibute in a coherent manner

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ohanaeze Berates Lagos Over Ban On Eze Ndigbo / Prof. Dora Akunyili Grilled At Chicago Airport / Ex-nddc Boss Pays N715 Million To Restore Manhood

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.