Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,642 members, 7,820,251 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:08 PM

'my Life With Obasanjo' By Remi Obasanjo Too Explicit Or What? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 'my Life With Obasanjo' By Remi Obasanjo Too Explicit Or What? (2939 Views)

Our Children Are Unnecessarily Exposed To Sexually Explicit Elements....see Why / 25 Signs You Found The Person You Could Spendthe Rest Of Your Life With / Funny! Obasanjo Sleeps With Son's Wife? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

'my Life With Obasanjo' By Remi Obasanjo Too Explicit Or What? by upsydasy: 8:41pm On Nov 29, 2008
sad I was very sad after i read this book. I felt this was unnecessary, i mean, this is someone u had 6 children for and had to "disgrace" their father in a book, mentioning names of past married and unmarried girlfriends, and even more. please. This is very unafrican.
Re: 'my Life With Obasanjo' By Remi Obasanjo Too Explicit Or What? by Nobody: 8:07am On Nov 30, 2008
I
Re: 'my Life With Obasanjo' By Remi Obasanjo Too Explicit Or What? by MaiSuya(m): 7:31pm On Nov 30, 2008
I  have only read the excerpt that was published in the vanguard newspaper. I concluded that this was a woman with deep emotional wounds inflicted most treacherously by the man she had sacrificed so much for.  Her mission as far as I could see was simple: get back at him as potently as possible.

I wont exactly describe it as explicit, tough there are indeed some shocking details, one of which is a quote below:

"When he[Obj] emerged, he was in shorts and a short sleeve shirt. He slapped me twice and ran after me as I fled down the stairs. Titi Sodeinde ran after him, begging him not to beat me in my pregnant state [emphasis mine]. I was in my pyjamas. . ."
Re: 'my Life With Obasanjo' By Remi Obasanjo Too Explicit Or What? by upsydasy: 8:10pm On Nov 30, 2008
That excerpt was just a tip of the iceberg, she spoke of how obasanjo was sleeping with his friends widow, how he divorced her without her being notified, how she had a physical fight with stella, how a married woman wrote him a love letter, etc, the list is endless. U all need to read the book and understand how i feel,
Re: 'my Life With Obasanjo' By Remi Obasanjo Too Explicit Or What? by chika98: 9:38pm On Nov 30, 2008
I guess someone hasn't heard of Karrine Steffans.
Re: 'my Life With Obasanjo' By Remi Obasanjo Too Explicit Or What? by tpia: 12:34am On Dec 01, 2008
Re: 'my Life With Obasanjo' By Remi Obasanjo Too Explicit Or What? by Moyola(f): 12:38am On Dec 01, 2008
Shuldn't this be in the Literature & Writing section? undecided
Re: 'my Life With Obasanjo' By Remi Obasanjo Too Explicit Or What? by Outstrip(f): 9:44pm On Dec 03, 2008
More power to her. So is it african to beat your pregnant wife abi. When you should be shocked that Mr gorilla is beating up a pregnant woman you are talking about she is being unafrican. I have to get this book.
Re: 'my Life With Obasanjo' By Remi Obasanjo Too Explicit Or What? by scottN(m): 9:49pm On Dec 03, 2008
I don't think there will b anything in that book that would surprise us about OBJ. Besides the woman needs 2 make money.
Re: 'my Life With Obasanjo' By Remi Obasanjo Too Explicit Or What? by zayhal(f): 2:14pm On Dec 04, 2008
Please where can one get a copy of the book?
Re: 'my Life With Obasanjo' By Remi Obasanjo Too Explicit Or What? by Moves: 4:05pm On Dec 04, 2008
It her personal account; and having been through what she went through; she has earned every right to air her story; and none of those mentioned living or dead have published a rebuttal of her story as they are wont to do in nigeria.
Re: 'my Life With Obasanjo' By Remi Obasanjo Too Explicit Or What? by Shinatu: 9:11am On Dec 05, 2008
Maybe this would make African men with an ambition to become public figures to be careful about their lives, not to live careless lives and believe all is well.

They got away with it in the past because our Women are given one million and one reasons to keep evil secrets.
They also keep quite out of shame, I know many women who cannot get the help they need, they cannot open up to tell you their needs because it would make their husbands look bad. The man must be made to always look good, his ego must not be bruised in anyway even if the woman is dying.

I am happy that in this situation the kids have grown and they are adults, let them also imagine how it would feel like to be treated in this manner (assuming all the woman said is true).

Do unto others what you would want them do unto you----a wife is no exception!
Re: 'my Life With Obasanjo' By Remi Obasanjo Too Explicit Or What? by tpia: 5:52pm On Dec 05, 2008
Re: 'my Life With Obasanjo' By Remi Obasanjo Too Explicit Or What? by JJYOU: 5:59pm On Dec 05, 2008
why didnt she write when she could hurt his political ambitions> they have all taken nigeria's money. is the book free or more naira need to change hands?
Re: 'my Life With Obasanjo' By Remi Obasanjo Too Explicit Or What? by Hauwa1: 6:03pm On Dec 05, 2008
do nigerians care, i don't think so. so even if she had written it then, it wouldn't have made a big different or any for OBJ political ambition.
Re: 'my Life With Obasanjo' By Remi Obasanjo Too Explicit Or What? by JJYOU: 6:09pm On Dec 05, 2008
*Hauwa*:

do nigerians care, i don't think so. so even if she had written it then, it wouldn't have made a big different or any for OBJ political ambition.
the low moral threshold of some of my people these days continually shocks me. we just wish everything go under the carpet.
Re: 'my Life With Obasanjo' By Remi Obasanjo Too Explicit Or What? by upsydasy: 4:58pm On Dec 06, 2008
It was well planned, the book was launched in November, long after obasanjo left. If she had released it while he was in power, she'd be dead by now or missing,

(1) (Reply)

Describe This Cook In One Word / Pic Of The Day...(koboko) / Should I Tell My Mom That I’m No Longer A Virgin?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.