Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,252 members, 7,829,473 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:40 AM

21 Reps, 2 Senators Set To Dump PDP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 21 Reps, 2 Senators Set To Dump PDP (2128 Views)

APC, PDP Senators Set For Battle Over Amaechi / Saraki : Senators Set For Stormy Session Tomorrow - Punch / Court Of Appeal Sacks 2 Senators, 8 House Of Rep. Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

21 Reps, 2 Senators Set To Dump PDP by Saeed348(m): 12:17pm On Nov 28, 2014
The opposition All Progressives Congress (APC) is
moving closer to grab the majority position from the
ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in the House of
Representatives, findings by Daily Trust has revealed.
Investigation has revealed that about 21 PDP lawmakers
have notified the leadership of the lower chamber of
their intention to join the APC in the coming days. Also,
two senators are set to dump the PDP.
The House, which reconvened for a special session to
consider emergency rule extension last week, adjourned
following the invasion of the parliament building by the
police and would resume on December 3rd.
Last December, APC seized the majority position from
the PDP when 37 PDP Reps dumped the ruling party.
However, the majority position of the APC was short-
lived after some of its members defected to PDP amidst
allegations of financial inducements from the
presidency.
In recent weeks, PDP Reps had threatened to dump the
party after their state governors edged them out in the
just concluded party ward congresses which elected
delegates that will vote in the primary elections.
The party and the presidency had asked that the
lawmakers institute an impeachment against Speaker
Aminu Waziri Tambuwal after he defected to the APC on
October 28 but they told the PDP national chairman
Adamu Mu’azu that they must be given automatic
tickets in return.
Daily Trust findings however revealed that since the
PDP congress, not fewer than 22 lawmakers have
written to notify the leadership of their decision to
defect to the APC.
Deputy minority leader Suleiman Kawu Sumaila (APC,
Kano) confirmed the impending defection of the PDP
Reps and said they expect more to join APC after the
ruling party’s National Assembly primary election in the
coming days.
‘Defectors’
From Kaduna State, Reps Jagaba Adams Jagaba and
Isah Ashiru have already dumped the PDP, while four of
their colleagues from Bauchi State have also notified the
leadership of their intention.
Two members from Akwa Ibom State including Rep.
Robinson Uwak are set to join APC and four others from
Kebbi State anytime soon.
“We are certain that after the primaries more PDP
members will join us in the APC,” Rep. Kawu Sumaila
said.
Sources in the Senate also said Senators Atiku Bagudu
from Kebbi State and Saidu Alkali from Gombe State are
also talking with parliamentary opposition leaders ahead
of their formal defection.
Bagudu, sources said is defecting because of
misunderstanding with Governor Saidu Dakingari over
his return ticket, the same with Alkali who lost out in
the just concluded PDP congress.

Source:::;; http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/daily/top-stories/40692-21-reps-2-senators-set-to-dump-pdp
Re: 21 Reps, 2 Senators Set To Dump PDP by 9inches(m): 12:19pm On Nov 28, 2014
Seems the umbrella is now leaking or what? They should bekiaful cos too much porting dey block line
Re: 21 Reps, 2 Senators Set To Dump PDP by Nobody: 12:21pm On Nov 28, 2014
when they leave you will know that PDP does not need a court order to enforce section 68 1(G).If APC wants to have legislative majority,they sould go and learn how to win elections.Una never see anything yet.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 21 Reps, 2 Senators Set To Dump PDP by bokoslayer: 12:36pm On Nov 28, 2014
When will they decamp? They have been trying to decamp since last year. APC and their sponsored rhetoric.

1 Like

Re: 21 Reps, 2 Senators Set To Dump PDP by donphilopus: 12:48pm On Nov 28, 2014
chukwudi44:
when they leave you will know that PDP does not need a court order to enforce section 68 1(G).If APC wants to have legislative majority,they sould go and learn how to win elections.Una never see anything yet.

How do you intend to declare their seats vacant?! Have you forgotten that when Mimiko defected to PDP, most LP Senators and Reps from his state defected with him to the PDP?! Was there a division in LP as at the time Mimiko and other Legislators from his state defected to PDP?! Why were their [Legislators'] seats not declared vacant?! Besides, I'd like to know the person who would declare their [the 21 Reps and 2 Senators'] seats vacant!

4 Likes

Re: 21 Reps, 2 Senators Set To Dump PDP by Cope1(m): 12:58pm On Nov 28, 2014
seems their problem is automatic ticket.
Re: 21 Reps, 2 Senators Set To Dump PDP by kokoA(m): 1:03pm On Nov 28, 2014
[quote author=chukwudi44 post=28415837]when they leave you will know that PDP does not need a court order to enforce section 68 1(G).If APC wants to have legislative majority,they sould go and learn how to win elections.Una never see anything yet.[/q quote] stop this useless double standard.. What did you say when APC members decamped to PDP? When Mimiko and all the LP reps left LP for PDP, what did you say?
Re: 21 Reps, 2 Senators Set To Dump PDP by Texykool: 1:14pm On Nov 28, 2014
chukwudi44:

Enforce Section 68 1(G) on Mimiko... Then we'll talk. I thought PDP follows rule of law, abi.
Re: 21 Reps, 2 Senators Set To Dump PDP by johnmartus(m): 1:17pm On Nov 28, 2014
Good move how I wish this lawmakers join our great party before december 3 if apc regain majority leader jonathan done finished
Good move how I wish this lawmakers join our great party before december 3 if apc regain majority leader jonathan done finished
Re: 21 Reps, 2 Senators Set To Dump PDP by Sohot1(m): 1:20pm On Nov 28, 2014
katakata in the polity....wuru wuru all over the land....

up NIJERIYA!
Re: 21 Reps, 2 Senators Set To Dump PDP by omenka(m): 1:32pm On Nov 28, 2014
Anything to salvage this country from the impending trauma precipitated by the recent disproportionate recklessness of the presidency is welcome.

We can ill afford to lose this hard earned democracy of ours.
Re: 21 Reps, 2 Senators Set To Dump PDP by donmalcolm21(m): 1:40pm On Nov 28, 2014
Let them change party and automatically become progessives. But they just but a ticket for downward swing.
Re: 21 Reps, 2 Senators Set To Dump PDP by Nobody: 1:42pm On Nov 28, 2014
donphilopus:

How do you intend to declare their seats vacant?! Have you forgotten that when Mimiko defected to PDP, most LP Senators and Reps from his state defected with him to the PDP?! Was there a division in LP as at the time Mimiko and other Legislators from his state defected to PDP?! Why were their seats not declared vacant?! Besides, I'd like know the person who would declare their seats vacant!

Bros go and read the constitution and stop making a fool of yourself.Governors are free to decamp,legislators cant.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 21 Reps, 2 Senators Set To Dump PDP by Nobody: 1:44pm On Nov 28, 2014
Texykool:

Enforce Section 68 1(G) on Mimiko... Then we'll talk. I thought PDP follows rule of law, abi.
STOP MAKING AFOOL OF YOURSELF !!! GO AND READ WHAT THAT SECTION SAYS BEFORE TALKING NONSENSE.IF YOU KNOW ANY SECTION OF TEH CONSTITUTION MIMIKO VIOLATED BY DECAMPING SPILL IT HERE.SECTION 68 1(G) HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH MIMIKO OR ANY GOVERNOR WHATSOREVER.
Re: 21 Reps, 2 Senators Set To Dump PDP by Texykool: 2:03pm On Nov 28, 2014
chukwudi44:

STOP MAKING AFOOL OF YOURSELF !!! GO AND READ WHAT THAT SECTION SAYS BEFORE TALKING NONSENSE.IF YOU KNOW ANY SECTION OF TEH CONSTITUTION MIMIKO VIOLATED BY DECAMPING SPILL IT HERE.SECTION 68 1(G) HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH MIMIKO OR ANY GOVERNOR WHATSOREVER.

Read my signature cheesy
Re: 21 Reps, 2 Senators Set To Dump PDP by manuelzz(m): 2:11pm On Nov 28, 2014
chukwudi44:

Bro,to be honest, most of these Apc guys need help! They act and talk as if they have something against knowledge/Education. It's quite frightening!! SMH
Re: 21 Reps, 2 Senators Set To Dump PDP by Truckpusher(m): 2:11pm On Nov 28, 2014
manuelzz:

Bro,to be honest, most of these Apc guys need help! They act and talk as if they have something against knowledge/Education. It's quite frightening!! SMH
It is a pitiful situation indeed.
Re: 21 Reps, 2 Senators Set To Dump PDP by NgeneUkwenu(f): 2:14pm On Nov 28, 2014
Interesting!
Re: 21 Reps, 2 Senators Set To Dump PDP by NgeneUkwenu(f): 2:18pm On Nov 28, 2014
chukwudi44:

Nigeria: PDP asks court to remove defecting governors

TVC NEWS [ABUJA]- The Peoples Democratic Party has asked an Abuja Federal High Court to sack the five governors who defected to the All Progressives Congress.

The governors are Alhaji Murtala Nyako (Adamawa), Rotimi Amaechi (Rivers), Aliyu Wamakko (Sokoto), Rabiu Kwankwaso (Kano) and Abdulfatai Ahmed (Kwara).

The Independent National Electoral Commission was listed as a defendant alongside the governors in the suit filed on behalf of the PDP by Alex Izinyon, SAN.

PDP argued that the governors should be sacked from office on the ground that, because of their defection, they have forfeited their offices, which, as a result, have reverted to the party.

In the event that the five governors are sacked from office, PDP wants the court to order the deputy governor or speaker of the state Houses of Assembly of the affected states, or any officer next in rank, who is still its member, to assume the office of governor.

PDP is asking the court for several reliefs, among which is a declaration that by the combined provisions of sections 177 (c), 221 and 222 (c) of the 1999 Constitution, the five governors, who were elected under its platform, cannot continue to enjoy the mandate given to it (PDP) by the people/electorate of the concerned states as they (governors) have defected to another political party.

The court was equally asked to make a declaration that in the absence of any division in the PDP, the five governors have vacated or forfeited their seats upon their defection to the APC.

Also, the Abuja FHC was asked to make a declaration that, by the combined provisions of sections 87 of the Electoral Act 2011 (as amended), and sections 177 (c), 221 and 222 (c) of the 1999 Constitution, the offices of the defected governors have reverted to the PDP.

In the same vein, the court was asked to make a declaration that, by the combined provisions of sections 177 (c), 221 and 222 (c) of the 1999 Constitution, upon the defection of the five governors, the mandate reverts to the deputy governor or speaker of the state houses of assembly of the respective states or any officer next in rank who is still a member of the PDP.

- See more at: http://www.tvcnews.tv/?q=article/nigeria-pdp-asks-court-remove-defecting-governors#sthash.4oxTSIns.dpuf
Re: 21 Reps, 2 Senators Set To Dump PDP by donphilopus: 2:22pm On Nov 28, 2014
chukwudi44:

Bros go and read the constitution and stop making a fool of yourself.Governors are free to decamp,legislators cant.

Fool, was that post too hard for you too comprehend?! Did I ever say the Governor's seat should be declared vacant?! Who are you to tell me to go read the constitution?! Stop babbling over Nairaland mooron. I only asked you how you/PDP reacted when some Senators and House of Rep Members defected to PDP with Mimiko. Did I ever say Mimiko's seat should be declared vacant?! Respect yourself man and stop behaving like a Jambite. Go reread my post before making yourself an object of ridicule!

Meanwhile, you just said Governors are free to decamp, yet when 5 PDP Governors defected to the APC, PDP members were running helter skelter to make sure they were removed as Governors. When we talk of hypocrisy, PDP member/leaders are the perfect definition of hypocrites!

4 Likes

Re: 21 Reps, 2 Senators Set To Dump PDP by Nobody: 2:35pm On Nov 28, 2014
I am expecting good news from uyo today and even sweeter news from kebbi. The pdp must be weakened at all cost
Re: 21 Reps, 2 Senators Set To Dump PDP by Nobody: 2:37pm On Nov 28, 2014
donphilopus:

Fool, was that post too hard for you too comprehend?! Did I ever say the Governor's seat should be declared vacant?! Who are you to tell me to go read the constitution?! Stop babbling over Nairaland mooron. I only asked you how you/PDP reacted when some Senators and House of Rep Members defected to PDP with Mimiko. Did I ever say Mimiko's seat should be declared vacant?! Respect yourself man and stop behaving like a Jambite. Go reread my post before making yourself an object of ridicule!

Meanwhile, you just said Governors are free to decamp, yet when 5 PDP Governors defected to the APC, PDP members were running helter skelter to make sure they were removed as Governors. When we talk of hypocrisy, PDP member/leaders are the perfect definition of hypocrites!
Na 67 years old man you de call "Fool" and slowpoke so o angry
Re: 21 Reps, 2 Senators Set To Dump PDP by asodeboyede(m): 2:42pm On Nov 28, 2014
PDP seems to be getting it wrong these days!
Well....
JESUS IS LORD!
Re: 21 Reps, 2 Senators Set To Dump PDP by donphilopus: 2:43pm On Nov 28, 2014
barcanista:
Na 67 years old man you de call "Fool" and slowpoke so o angry

tongue cheesy grin. In a state of lawlessness, obeying the law is a crime. In this present Nigeria, respecting an old man who doesn't respect himself is a taboo. He may even be able to grandparentize me, but I don't care!

2 Likes

Re: 21 Reps, 2 Senators Set To Dump PDP by Kingspin(m): 2:48pm On Nov 28, 2014
We know the political sentiment about this administration will not end soon. They like PDP BUT HATE GEJ.

(1) (Reply)

Why No Mass Protest March Against Boko Haram In Northern Nigeria? / Enugu 2015 Election Result / Unpaid Salaries: 'Bailout Funds Not Jonathan's Savings,' Presidency Blasts PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.