Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,689 members, 7,831,133 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:15 PM

University Of Ibadan Churns Out 222 First Class Graduates. - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Ibadan Churns Out 222 First Class Graduates. (30079 Views)

UNICAL Produces 12 First Class As 7,222 Graduate / University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... / Unilag Churns Out 119 First Class Graduates In A Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Re: University Of Ibadan Churns Out 222 First Class Graduates. by MercyLady(f): 4:40am On Jun 04, 2015
Hi, i would like to know. Why do people look down or hate on first class graduates?
Sometimes, it is almost incomprehensible that the next person beside you or a neighbor is rating you down because you are a first class.
Even worse if you are a private university graduate.
Most people quickly point out practical skills as if it can't be acquired by any first class student.
We all know the good guys acquire special stills outside the classroom - which is not restricted graduates without first class.
They can't just believe you can graduate with a first class and also be practically equipped easily.
I believe first class students / graduates are not robots that can be evaluated within a short minute or just by observation.
Meanwhile, with the backing of good role models, personal development, financial support from loved ones, etc. a first class may also be the best candidate for a job both in terms of practical skills or whatever condition expected.
I have seen people who said and wrote that they intentionally doesn't want a first class grade.
I also believe the quality of education system should be reflected in the grades of the student.
In most of the top universities in the world, a high percentage of students gets good grades, distinction because all the things required to achieve that are effective and well utilized and organized.
Bad grades should not depict good quality but a questionable one.
Guys what do you think about this ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Student Runs Around In Wild Excitement After Seeing His Results (Pics/Video) / UNN Sacks Professor Ugochukwu Uche Who Exposed Colleague’s Fraud- SR / DSS Smashes Prof. Abdulkadir Mohammed's Car Windscreen, ASUU Heads To Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.