Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,429 members, 7,815,967 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:28 PM

Update More Than 200 People Dead In Bomb Blast At Kano Central Mosque +photo NTA - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Update More Than 200 People Dead In Bomb Blast At Kano Central Mosque +photo NTA (69441 Views)

Onitsha Central Mosque Burnt Down (Photo) / Bomb Blast At Kano Motorpark Leaves Many Dead (Graphic Photos) / Many Feared Dead In A Fresh Bomb Blast At Kano Central Mosque (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Update More Than 200 People Dead In Bomb Blast At Kano Central Mosque +photo NTA by Thirdborn: 4:48pm On Nov 29, 2014
This statement was made by President Goodluck Jonathan on 24th June 2012 during his media chat on NTA; “They believe that when they attack a church, Christian youths will revolt against Muslim youths, and they don’t care about who dies in the process.
“They also think that government will be destabilised when they are attacking churches. Watch out, if it doesn’t work, of course, we will stop it, but if it doesn’t work, the same Boko Haram will start attacking mosques to instigate Muslim youths to attack Christians.” The following Friday bombs were discovered at Fagge mosque in Kano. This is not hearsay or a lie but a verifiable fact. I remember this statement more than anything else he said during that chat because it set off bells in my head. I had to dig for full text of the chat to make sure he actually said it. My question is, how did he know? Now add this utterance to others he has made over the last few years and bells start to ring. He said in January 2012 that Boko Haram had infiltrated his government he also claimed to know who they are at one point. On why he was treating Boko Haram with kid gloves he said "They are our siblings; you can't set the army to go and wipe out your family". I said it before and I will say it again, this government aren't cowards, they are willing collaborators. Nigerians are dying everyday while they play politics with our lives. Many times they threatened to reveal the names of the sponsors but failed to do so and when an Australian priest affiliated with the government mentioned names he was quickly discredited and disowned by the government. Why is it that a bomb always goes off when there is a crisis in government? They have intentionally created chaos so as to divide Nigerians along ethno-religious lines and they have succeeded so far because we have been the most ignorant and gullible human beings since 2010. The lie has become the truth and the truth a lie. If Nigerians have ever needed a reason to unite and stand firm to say "Enough is enough", this is it. We are better than this. We need to hold the government accountable and take appropriate action.

4 Likes

Re: Update More Than 200 People Dead In Bomb Blast At Kano Central Mosque +photo NTA by SamIkenna: 6:13pm On Nov 29, 2014
nagoma:
We prosecuted the successful war
Correct sentence should have been: Britain, Russia, Arab Jihadists, and 350 Nigerian ethnic groups prosecuted the successful war.

nagoma:
...and we can do it again when it becomes necessary.
When it becomes necessary? Really? When will that be?
Ok, I'll take your word for it. Just don't forget to wake me when 'it becomes necessary' 'cause I'm about to go on sleep-mode.

nagoma:
Imagine 50,000 supposedly trained intelligence/ security men for five years cannot stop one bomb and cannot prosecute anybody
Yea, I agree totally with you on this one. But on a closer look it seems like the 50,000 is split down the middle: 25k from south working to stop BH + 25k from north giving BH military intel and field strategy. Seems to me like 25k + (-25k) equals zero.
Hmm! No wonder its not working.

nagoma:
So much for "educated" southern leadership.
You'll agree with me that no matter the horrible state of southern education, it's a 1000 miles better than Almajiri and wahabi indoctrination. At least we rarely kill each other for stupid reasons. And you wonder why Shekau's motto is "Western education is sin?"
Re: Update More Than 200 People Dead In Bomb Blast At Kano Central Mosque +photo NTA by nagoma(m): 7:02pm On Nov 29, 2014
SamIkenna:

Correct sentence should have been: Britain, Russia, Arab Jihadists, and 350 Nigerian ethnic groups prosecuted the successful war.
We covers all and there is nothing wrong with the sentence. You don't seem to acknowledge and be grateful to Milton Obote of Uganda, H. Boingny of Uvory Coast, Julius Nyerere of Tanzania and the Crusaders from America and De Gaul of France who supported Biafra in the war' and who prevented you from getting even more support anyway?

When it becomes necessary? Really? When will that be?
Ok, I'll take your word for it. Just don't forget to wake me when 'it becomes necessary' 'cause I'm about to go on sleep-mode.

Yea, I agree totally with you on this one. But on a closer look it seems like the 50,000 is split down the middle: 25k from south working to stop BH + 25k from north giving BH military intel and field strategy. Seems to me like 25k + (-25k) equals zero.
Hmm! No wonder its not working.
GEJ will continue to give excuses for his failures. A corrupt southern president with primitive acquisition and no clue on how to be a leader.

You'll agree with me that no matter the horrible state of southern education, it's a 1000 miles better than Almajiri and wahabi indoctrination. At least we rarely kill each other for stupid reasons. And you wonder why Shekau's motto is "Western education is sin?"

Shekau is my enemy but your friend because he makes the north insecure to your delight.so his Motto has nothing to do with me but the truth is southern claim to education did not translate to wisdom , democracy and rule of law over the years. A wise man solves problems and doesn't give excuses in a job he is employed to do.
Re: Update More Than 200 People Dead In Bomb Blast At Kano Central Mosque +photo NTA by nagoma(m): 7:06pm On Nov 29, 2014
babyosisi:

Stay there and be shouting
Your home will soon become a barren desert land
They were getting zero in WAEC and JAMB before the bombs,now it will be -1000
Keep talking ill of people you couldn't compare to yourself to in a thousand years

I don't think you have passed your JAMB despite the universal expo in your naturally criminal milieu.
Re: Update More Than 200 People Dead In Bomb Blast At Kano Central Mosque +photo NTA by nagoma(m): 7:12pm On Nov 29, 2014
SamIkenna:

"

You ungrateful lot will not acknowledge the support you had from Milton Obote of Uganda, Julius Nyerere of Tanzania, h. Boingny of Ivory Coast, the crusaders of America, General De Gaul of France and many more. In any case what stopped you from getting help , if as you claim , you fought and lost all alone?
Re: Update More Than 200 People Dead In Bomb Blast At Kano Central Mosque +photo NTA by SamIkenna: 8:16pm On Nov 29, 2014
nagoma:

You ungrateful lot will not acknowledge the support you had from Milton Obote of Uganda, Julius Nyerere of Tanzania, h. Boingny of Ivory Coast, the crusaders of America, General De Gaul of France and many more. In any case what stopped you from getting help , if as you claim , you fought and lost all alone?

Don't get it twisted, I'm not delighted on the ongoing carnage in your region. My beef with people from your region is that they seem to enjoy avoidable violence and catastrophe in this age of freedom, intense competition, and limitless knowledge. Given that this path of violence and stagnation appeals to them, one would've expected a concerted effort on their part to live alone in their sharia-land instead of creating untold hardship and terror for other non-core northern Nigerians.

I'm not sure I have any interest in dragging 1967 issues into your plight any further. It seems revisiting events of 67 gives folks like you the impression that we're laughing at you - that's childish. If anything at all, it is that I want you to be gone so the rest of us can have a moment of peace before we meet our creator. And for emphasis, the word 'gone' doesn't imply death or extermination, it means having an independent Arewa republic where you'll practice your religion, live your life, and make laws as you deem fit since history has shown (1945 - 2014) that you can't tolerate secularism.
Re: Update More Than 200 People Dead In Bomb Blast At Kano Central Mosque +photo NTA by nagoma(m): 9:10pm On Nov 29, 2014
SamIkenna:

Don't get it twisted, I'm not delighted on the ongoing carnage in your region. My beef with people from your region is that they seem to enjoy avoidable violence and catastrophe in this age of freedom, intense competition, and limitless knowledge. Given that this path of violence and stagnation appeals to them, one would've expected a concerted effort on their part to live alone in their sharia-land instead of creating untold hardship and terror for other non-core northern Nigerians.

I'm not sure I have any interest in dragging 1967 issues into your plight any further. It seems revisiting events of 67 gives folks like you the impression that we're laughing at you - that's childish. If anything at all, it is that I want you to be gone so the rest of us can have a moment of peace before we meet our creator. And for emphasis, the word 'gone' doesn't imply death or extermination, it means having an independent Arewa republic where you'll practice your religion, live your life, and make laws as you deem fit since history has shown (1945 - 2014) that you can't tolerate secularism.

I have no qualms about separation and I have said it innumerable times on these pages. What is worrying is your ambivalence about an idea you so cherish, at least superficially. You say one thing and the next breadth you say the opposite. When the real possibility of separation arises you all go back into your shells. You cannot afford to lose the expanse of land and what land means. As igboland is only 3.1% of Nigeria's area and is mainly eroded and leached soil of no real use for agriculture and contains no minerals. The idea of separation was presented at the clandestine national conference and all the southerners went mute. I can understand your personal (Sam Ikenna ) issue, which is vendetta over a perceived offence of the civil war. You can't bring yourself to accept it and want to see the north punished for it, hence your challenge for the north to secede. North should come up with their own Ojukwu as you suggested. You are obviously celebrating the murderous carnage going on unchecked in the north. Unchecked by a southern despotic government. You must be having a party this weekend celebrating the deaths in kano. At least you are getting some blood and some ounces from the pound of flesh you so desperately crave for from the north.
But One other issue you consistently refused to address is my question about southern educated people in government clearly unable to present a wisdom that can develop Nigeria instead of the selfish primitive materialism and corruption that characterizes the southern regimes - especially the current criminal leadership. Why can't you address this?
Re: Update More Than 200 People Dead In Bomb Blast At Kano Central Mosque +photo NTA by SamIkenna: 10:47pm On Nov 29, 2014
nagoma:

I have no qualms about separation and I have said it innumerable times on these pages. What is worrying is your ambivalence about an idea you so cherish, at least superficially. You say one thing and the next breadth you say the opposite. When the real possibility of separation arises you all go back into your shells. You cannot afford to lose the expanse of land and what land means. As igboland is only 3.1% of Nigeria's area and is mainly eroded and leached soil of no real use for agriculture and contains no minerals. The idea of separation was presented at the clandestine national conference and all the southerners went mute. I can understand your personal (Sam Ikenna ) issue, which is vendetta over a perceived offence of the civil war. You can't bring yourself to accept it and want to see the north punished for it, hence your challenge for the north to secede. North should come up with their own Ojukwu as you suggested. You are obviously celebrating the murderous carnage going on unchecked in the north. Unchecked by a southern despotic government. You must be having a party this weekend celebrating the deaths in kano. At least you are getting some blood and some ounces from the pound of flesh you so desperately crave for from the north.
But One other issue you consistently refused to address is my question about southern educated people in government clearly unable to present a wisdom that can develop Nigeria instead of the selfish primitive materialism and corruption that characterizes the southern regimes - especially the current criminal leadership. Why can't you address this?

Nwanne, I don't know why you keep regurgitating the name, Ojukwu. I guess it's in line with a civil war time paper I read some time ago in which every Dick and Harry on the Nigerian side of the divide blamed Ojukwu for Nigeria's problem. They went as far as saying that once Ojukwu was killed, captured, or gotten out of the way that Nigeria would be peaceful, calm, rich, united, and other yati yati yada. They got their wish with Biafra's surrender, yet where is the peace and unity and the yati yati yada? where is the beaf? Nothing! No peace, no unity, no nothing. I wish I kept that newspaper. I think it was online though, perhaps one of these days I'll look for it and post it on NL. Folks need to read the promises Jihadists and their collaborators made to delusional Southerners and MB who joined in a moment of hate-filed frenzy. But that's a matter for another day.

Right now, you're making the same mistake. You think dragging Ojukwu into your mess will secure you a good dose of sympathy, it won't buddy. The man is long gone. He's probably done rendering account of himself to his maker, so let's lay off him for awhile and concentrate on current and more pressing issues.

I understand you think I want revenge for whatnot. Well, in some sense you're right. But the kind of revenge I want has nothing to do with Boko Haram terror cell that kills Northern Christians and moderate Muslims. I mean look at the north, is there any week that passes by without one group descending on another? From Ombatse to Tiv to Fulani to Berom to Boko Haram, it's like one week one ethnic clash and one mass grave. Common! Even Hitler himself would have wanted this nonsense to stop. My revenge is to have the wolf separated from the sheep since the wolf can't get along with anyone. I'm not mythical Dracula - I do not need your blood.

You want me to address why southern education has failed to provide direction, or should I say "crime-free" leadership to Nigeria. Hmm! That's a big one. Well, I guess its safe to say that southern education has, in some sense, failed to deliver because of the 40 year rot perpetrated by Hausa-Fulani passi passi and padi padi leadership. Education doesn't equal miracle. Education is more like a seed while the nation is akin to a soil.

What your Hausa-Fulani brothers didn't realize was that by holding the nation (soil) hostage for 40 years they denied Nigeria the opportunity to grow her seed. Is it any wonder today that Nigerian doctors and engineers make up the bulk of African professionals and intellectuals in the US and UK? If southern education was a complete sham like you claimed, why are southern Nigerian professionals still very much respected in developed countries?

I've been to 3 colleges in the US yet my eyes never for a day saw one Hausa-Fulani in any institution of Knowledge. I've seen Ogoni, tiny Ogoni, I've met Bini, Ghana, Uganda, Congo, you name it - these people are here competing with the rest of the world while Hausa-Fulani is in Nigeria killing NYSC students. Anyways, sorry for digressing a bit but the point is: Yes, southern education hasn't lived up expectations. However, if one takes an objective stock on the factors that impeded Nigeria's education, south or north, it's unmistakable where the chunk of the blame lies. Chew on that nagoma.

2 Likes

Re: Update More Than 200 People Dead In Bomb Blast At Kano Central Mosque +photo NTA by Horus(m): 10:49pm On Nov 29, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuxXWBsIyb0

[size=15pt]'Many dead' in Nigeria mosque blasts[/size]
Re: Update More Than 200 People Dead In Bomb Blast At Kano Central Mosque +photo NTA by WilyWily: 12:41am On Nov 30, 2014
Haahaaahaa , I just de laugh at them, eeeeeeeemmmmmmm koool work, well done guyz, dis is de kind of news that make me de pop Champagne.
Re: Update More Than 200 People Dead In Bomb Blast At Kano Central Mosque +photo NTA by Oteke(m): 1:07am On Nov 30, 2014
In-cha-Allahu. Allah will purnished those who are responsible for this.
Re: Update More Than 200 People Dead In Bomb Blast At Kano Central Mosque +photo NTA by Nobody: 2:06am On Nov 30, 2014
Now, that's a lot of dead people blown to smithereens.

You mofos need to stop playing with bombs.
Re: Update More Than 200 People Dead In Bomb Blast At Kano Central Mosque +photo NTA by ceo003: 3:41am On Nov 30, 2014
QAPHAYNE:
I shudder to think how many world- changers we have lost since this BH was conceived. Inside those bomb torn structures might lie our own mandela, gandhi, luther or lincoln, but we will never know, because the dead are........dead.
grin ha ha
Re: Update More Than 200 People Dead In Bomb Blast At Kano Central Mosque +photo NTA by nagoma(m): 5:50am On Nov 30, 2014
SamIkenna:

You want me to address why southern education has failed to provide direction, or should I say "crime-free" leadership to Nigeria. Hmm! That's a big one. Well, I guess its safe to say that southern education has, in some sense, failed to deliver because of the 40 year rot perpetrated by Hausa-Fulani passi passi and padi padi leadership. Education doesn't equal miracle. Education is more like a seed while the nation is akin to a soil.

What your Hausa-Fulani brothers didn't realize was that by holding the nation (soil) hostage for 40 years they denied Nigeria the opportunity to grow her seed. Is it any wonder today that Nigerian doctors and engineers make up the bulk of African professionals and intellectuals in the US and UK? If southern education was a complete sham like you claimed, why are southern Nigerian professionals still very much respected in developed countries?

I've been to 3 colleges in the US yet my eyes never for a day saw one Hausa-Fulani in any institution of Knowledge. I've seen Ogoni, tiny Ogoni, I've met Bini, Ghana, Uganda, Congo, you name it - these people are here competing with the rest of the world while Hausa-Fulani is in Nigeria killing NYSC students. Anyways, sorry for digressing a bit but the point is: Yes, southern education hasn't lived up expectations. However, if one takes an objective stock on the factors that impeded Nigeria's education, south or north, it's unmistakable where the chunk of the blame lies. Chew on that nagoma.

Southern so called " educated civilized and better people" have failed to deliver good governance "because of the rot of 40 years of Hausa/Fulani rule " just listen to your self. This excuse spewed every day telling us that all southerners were absent during those 40 years should stop by now. About the northerners seeking education as immigrants in the west , I agree that southerners see the west as heaven and would do anything , absolutely anything to live in America or Europe. What you forgot to mention is that almost all the Nigerians in western prisons are also southerners , so are the Nigerian toilet cleaners, fast food vendors, security night guards and taxi drivers in the west. The fact is the desperation for migration to west , you will remember your brothers who cling to wheel compartments of aircraft and those who perish walking across the Sahara and of course the love peddlers in Italy and Europe. So don't bring that crap about southerners being " respected professionals" in the west. Every day there is a story of Nigerian drug courier caught in Malaysia, Thailand or China and they are all southerners , so are the 419 criminals. When we travel , we sometime have take the pain to explain that we are actually northerners to alleviate the criminal label internationally labelled on Nigerians because of your kith and kin.
This is exactly why Nigeria will not progress under southerners. The criminal nature is spread right across the so called educated and uneducated southerners.- this is the problem with Jonathan's government. Criminality , irresponsibility , absence of morality and primitive urge to take, take and take, to own ,own ,own without end even though human lifespan is just a century as maximum.
All of them are looking for is the opportunity to cheat. To them Mandela was a fool for not amassing wealth when he was president , Gandhi was stuipid for going half naked when he could have a good law practice in England and work as a second class citizen. I can go on and on .
Re: Update More Than 200 People Dead In Bomb Blast At Kano Central Mosque +photo NTA by JaaizTech: 8:08am On Nov 30, 2014
Trailblazer1:
Allahu akbar

In the north, the islamic code(Sharia law) supersedes even the Nigerian constitution.
An average northerner is more loyal to sharia law than any other law.
There has even been plans to extend it beyond the north according to #Oneguylikethat.

What does the north want? Sharia law.

What does Bokoharams want? Sharia law to be implemented in full

Why don't we give them a chance.

It seems we don't really know our problem.

This should tell you that BokoHaram is not about Sharia and it is not about Islam. It is about something else, it is only orchestrated to appear like it is about Islam. The north has Sharia already, the north has muslim leadership already, the social life of the average northerner is close to islamic already. Boko Haram is a smoke screen.
Re: Update More Than 200 People Dead In Bomb Blast At Kano Central Mosque +photo NTA by Nobody: 7:35pm On Nov 30, 2014
Jarus:

Mumu. Bring one post from a Muslim that says that. The truth is, we Muslims don't go around saying, because we believe in Allah, I reject it, and misfortune can never happen to us. That is a offshoot of prosperity teaching of you guys.

We are expressly told in the Qur'an that we will be tested with misfortune (loss of lives, children, wealth etc). While we pray not to experience misfortune, if it so happens, it never reduces our faith, neither does it reduce the mightiness of Allah.

It is not in our creed that just because we're Muslims, we'll have it smooth all through (basis of prosperity preaching). Yes, many Muslims people have it smooth all through, but it is never the basis of faith in our religion. Bad things can happen to anyone.

The Holy Bible never said we'll have it smooth all through. I dont know were you heard that from.
Re: Update More Than 200 People Dead In Bomb Blast At Kano Central Mosque +photo NTA by rabimlomo: 7:16am On Dec 01, 2014
Descartes:

Do you know the population of almajiris in the Northern Region? undecided

Do you know that it's as easy as ABC to brainwash those hapless individuals into joining the Islamic ragtags a.k.a Bokoharam due to negligence from the so-called Northern leaders and elites? undecided

You are very lucky to have got enlightened by knowing the socioeconomic implications of such dread groups in our polity. shocked

Also some Islamic clerics/scholars and familiee are not helping matter in this regard. angry

That's why some Sociologists opined that " Family is a social mirror and whatever that happens in the society is a mirrow image(reflection) of what happens in the family" : smiley

Wisdom is a function of Humility and indeed the Principle thing

Cognito ergo sum cool

story. All I know is a leader should find solution to a problem and if he can, he should just leave. By the way, how do all these people not have insomnia with all these going on?
Re: Update More Than 200 People Dead In Bomb Blast At Kano Central Mosque +photo NTA by Nobody: 12:57pm On Dec 03, 2014
josieboy55:

i pray you or ur family member would be killed in the next blast to know how painful it is . Idiot lyk u
God punish you and your entire generation.Ewu gambia.So we should succumb to to terrorists demand for an islamic president abi? you think you idiots have a monopoly over violence.
Re: Update More Than 200 People Dead In Bomb Blast At Kano Central Mosque +photo NTA by josieboy55(m): 1:21pm On Dec 03, 2014
chukwudi44:

God punish you and your entire generation.Ewu gambia.So we should succumb to to terrorists demand for an islamic president abi? you think you idiots have a monopoly over violence.

You would be the next to die in a bomb blast, whether you like it or not . IDIOT
Re: Update More Than 200 People Dead In Bomb Blast At Kano Central Mosque +photo NTA by QAPHAYNE: 2:15pm On Dec 08, 2014
Harhzyz:
And also among those dead people could be our Adolf Hitler, Sadam Hussein, Osama Bin Laden, Fidel Castro or even Idi Amin but we will never know because the dead are dead

Your logic is flawless, truly there are 2 sides to a coin.

1 Like

Re: Update More Than 200 People Dead In Bomb Blast At Kano Central Mosque +photo NTA by haneefibnkasim(m): 10:58am On Dec 18, 2014
Goodluck should step down for now. Jst for nw
Re: Update More Than 200 People Dead In Bomb Blast At Kano Central Mosque +photo NTA by ussy09(m): 9:54pm On Jan 17, 2015
slimfit1:
Them done finish with all the churches them turn to mosque. He na see una self.
. Yes ooo nd dey say afta mosque na straight 2 shrines.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

2023: Amaechi & El-Rufai Campaign Posters Flood Abuja Streets / Radio Biafra’s Nnamdi Kanu Granted Bail - Vanguard / Photos Of People Attacked In Rivers State Today Viewers Discretion Advised!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.