Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,337 members, 7,811,978 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:09 AM

A Nairalanders fight against corruption in oau - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Nairalanders fight against corruption in oau (2276 Views)

Ibrahim Magu: Fight Against Corruption Has Just Started And Corruption Knows It. / Buhari’s Anti-corruption War: Business Slows Down For Charter Airlines (Punch) / Buhari Warns Family Members Against Corruption (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Nairalanders fight against corruption in oau by Nobody: 7:13pm On Nov 28, 2014
Today, i did my
part, i made my stand. Happy joining OAU
students to show President Jonathan his
government and poverty-inducing capitalist
policies are not welcomed. He expected a
rousing welcome, instead he was confornted
with a protest. Fayose got perhaps the biggest
embarrassment of his life today. He walked
confidently to Ife students expecting to be
applauded. I can't yet forget the look of shock
on his face as shout of Ole! Ole ! (Thief! Thief!)
rented the air. Hastily his security details
whisked him away. President Jonathan's convoy
was delayed as students sat on the road
chanting slogans. Clumsily one by one, the royal
fathers made their way out not sure who next
would be greeted with shout of "thief!" Those to
be pitied (not sure if they even deserve it
though) were the hundreds of PDP supporters
who had thronged the campus with different
banners to welcome Jonathan. They looked
dejected, their banners hanging around them.
How could they start dancing as they planned
with the hundreds of students chanting
solidarity songs just beside them? At the end, as
the helicopters lifted from the ground, i didnt
see a single person waving the President
goodbye. It was like good riddance. If my guess
is right, someone might soonbe fired for fixing
OAU on the President's itinery Despite attempts
by a wing of the union leadership to sell-out,
great Ife students have demonstrated how
oppressors and exploiters should be treated. I
would do it again anytime, any day

we youth need to stand up for our right and tell this politicians enough is enough.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nairalanders fight against corruption in oau by donphilopus: 7:26pm On Nov 28, 2014
Kudos guys. I could remember that in 2011 when electorates down here in the south were casting their votes for Jonathan as per he's our brother, people from Osun didn't do same. They voted Ribadu massively. I believe other SW states would follow suit this time around. Everybody is yearning for CHANGE!

To those of you dreaming that Omisore would soon be declared the winner of the August 9th Guber Polls, I'd only advise y'all to wake up. Even Fayose's uncouth behaviour would make Goodluck lose Ekiti to APC. Lemme just round it off by enjoining the PDPians/GEJites to consider all SW as a no-go Region!

8 Likes

Re: A Nairalanders fight against corruption in oau by udemzyudex(m): 7:32pm On Nov 28, 2014
Lol.... Thats why this country will never change with this kind of mentality..

You think doing it this way will change things abi?
Go and ask fela,he did more than what you guys did and till date nothing has change,the same old people that rule then are still the one rulling...
Lol.... Why not invite all this men to a hall and tell BOKO boys to send a suicide bomber to waste all of them,this will serve as an example to others...

Lol... Nobody wan die but them wan go heaven...

I just dey observe....

4 Likes

Re: A Nairalanders fight against corruption in oau by godofwar666(m): 7:35pm On Nov 28, 2014
Pix of you protesting or idonbilivit undecided grin

1 Like

Re: A Nairalanders fight against corruption in oau by Nobody: 7:36pm On Nov 28, 2014
A nairalander did wat?? And u proud...oboi,u av jxt been involved in an act of massive foolishness.. U think embarrassing ur governor or president makes u a hero..

Oboi,I dey shame for you...

3 Likes

Re: A Nairalanders fight against corruption in oau by Rich4god(m): 7:44pm On Nov 28, 2014
It still doesnt stop them from rigging the up coming election...
Re: A Nairalanders fight against corruption in oau by Firefire(m): 7:51pm On Nov 28, 2014
Congrats, when will u fight against your state governor corruption undecided

3 Likes

Re: A Nairalanders fight against corruption in oau by KELVINXY: 8:01pm On Nov 28, 2014
udemzyudex:

Go and ask fela,he did more than what you guys did and till date nothing has change,the same old people that rule then are still the one rulling...
Lol.... Why not invite all this men to a hall and tell BOKO boys to send a suicide bomber to waste all of them,this will serve as an example to others...

I just dey observe....

You made a solid point there.

It amuse me when i see how insensible the youths can be this days,
Its worrisome that even with the few changes in our education sectors,it is still hard to incocate the art of Dialogue in the students.!
Its obvious that the school S.U.G system is not functioning.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalanders fight against corruption in oau by redcliff: 8:14pm On Nov 28, 2014
KELVINXY:

Its worrisome that even with the few changes in our education sectors,it is still hard to incocate the art of Dialogue in the students.!

I do not see anything bad with what they did. Its the only thing they can do to air their disapproval. Atleast they would have a not so good day knowing that they are not welcomed in a particular place.!
Re: A Nairalanders fight against corruption in oau by hugoart(m): 8:15pm On Nov 28, 2014
This is the essence of the saying:NEVER GIVE UP!

Stick it up to the oppressors and thieves.

It all ends for them next year.

No to saTANists!NO!

Intellectuals do not stand for corruption no matter what.
We are not cowards.Like the hungry PDP crowd.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalanders fight against corruption in oau by Nobody: 8:24pm On Nov 28, 2014
SuperMartins:
A nairalander did wat?? And u proud...oboi,u av jxt been involved in an act of massive foolishness.. U think embarrassing ur governor or president makes u a hero..

Abeg,park very well
Re: A Nairalanders fight against corruption in oau by funkybully(f): 8:26pm On Nov 28, 2014
I was hoping to read where una stop GEJ from landing. Why block road instead of helipad.

Mumu apc tout, better face ur book.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalanders fight against corruption in oau by walemoney007(m): 8:31pm On Nov 28, 2014
udemzyudex:

I just dey observe....
Fela did all this
Re: A Nairalanders fight against corruption in oau by youngeagle(m): 8:32pm On Nov 28, 2014
yeroba breeding thugs since 19BC

1 Like

Re: A Nairalanders fight against corruption in oau by walemoney007(m): 8:34pm On Nov 28, 2014
SuperMartins:

trash..
Re: A Nairalanders fight against corruption in oau by KELVINXY: 8:35pm On Nov 28, 2014
redcliff:

I do not see anything bad with what they did. Its the only thing they can do to air their disapproval. Atleast they would have a not so good day knowing that they are not welcomed in a particular place.!

You can only archive less through violence,
Like they have gave away their chance of voicing out their thoughts and demands.

Assuming they (students) confronted the party with dialogue,with the S.U.G president acting as the mouthpiece of the whole students,
Am sure they could have made their demands and intentions known rather than acting like touts.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalanders fight against corruption in oau by Nobody: 8:36pm On Nov 28, 2014
OP God bless you and other ever-conscious 'taaa-taan' comrades resoundingly for letting the Reverend Father of Corruption GEJ know that our Great Ife is a cauldron which will burn the soul of any body whenever they have the misfortune to set their accursed and blood-stained feet on the hallowed Oduduwa Hall or the Amphitheatre

I and other Great Ife Alumni the world over are proud of the fact that the present day students have not forgotten the tradition of never allowing corrupt leaders like GEJ,Fayose and their minions have a safe haven anytime they have the temerity to come into our campus

Dont let the silly rants and cowardly disposition of some youths on this forum who have been trying to insult you over what you and others did get at you

If other youths are like you especially the educated,in-school ones take it upon themselves to always agitate for their collective rights and not allow these thieving politicians to turn you against yourselves on the basis of religion and ethnicity........they will be very afraid and never ever take you all for granted

4 Likes

Re: A Nairalanders fight against corruption in oau by udemzyudex(m): 8:43pm On Nov 28, 2014
walemoney007:
fela did all he did.dats y pple still listen to his song and he is been celebrated all ova d world.but u dat u just dey sit down look,no one will know or celebrate u....
Funny... So those student will be known and celebrated right?

you think shouting and calling them names will move them or even change them? Naa,not a bit...

have already post the solution,bomb them or ignore those who have rule this country before and still want to rule again....
Re: A Nairalanders fight against corruption in oau by udemzyudex(m): 8:47pm On Nov 28, 2014
walemoney007:
trash..
You can do better than this.... grin
Re: A Nairalanders fight against corruption in oau by redcliff: 8:48pm On Nov 28, 2014
KELVINXY:

Like they have gave away their chance of voicing out their thoughts and demands.

Assuming they (students) confronted the party with dialogue,with the S.U.G president acting as the mouthpiece of the whole students,
Am sure they could have made their demands and intentions known rather than acting like touts.

What violence are you talking about?
Its not today responsible stakeholders have been tendering their demands to the govt. They have failed and one more dialgue would not make a difference.
Re: A Nairalanders fight against corruption in oau by Nobody: 8:49pm On Nov 28, 2014
udemzyudex:

I just dey observe....
Or better still learn @sslicking from you.
Re: A Nairalanders fight against corruption in oau by Nobody: 8:51pm On Nov 28, 2014
KELVINXY:

Where did you read or see violence. You are pained your man was humiliated, come out plainly and stop spewing bullshit

1 Like

Re: A Nairalanders fight against corruption in oau by Pataki: 9:05pm On Nov 28, 2014
Well done OP. I am proud of you and the thousands of OAU students that chased away that repulsive goat of a president.

So glad to read about that clueless dunce getting stoned and booed today.

Clueless being for a President.

More and more of it please.
Re: A Nairalanders fight against corruption in oau by KELVINXY: 9:11pm On Nov 28, 2014
redcliff:

What violence are you talking about?
Its not today responsible stakeholders have been tendering their demands to the govt. They have failed and one more dialgue would not make a difference.

Ok,
So if one or two dialogues failed,then you fold your sleeves for a fight?!

Anyways it almost slips my mind that Nigeria is practising democracy..

Its a free world
Every man is entitled to his own opinion
Re: A Nairalanders fight against corruption in oau by gists: 9:22pm On Nov 28, 2014
OP,
I tempted to say you are an Awoite. I too was an Awoite back in the days.
Good work and kudos to all of you guys for showing otueke fisherman his days are numbered at the aso rock.
Can't wait for the day when we can look back and thank God we survived the years when we had a certain goodluck as CnC
Re: A Nairalanders fight against corruption in oau by KELVINXY: 9:22pm On Nov 28, 2014
Obiagelli:

Where did you read or see violence. You are pained your man was humiliated, come out plainly and stop spewing bullshit

I'm not supporting any party for now my dear
2015 is still another year and not a day,I still have time to make the decision of whom to cast my vote for.
And I think that's what fellow nigerians should do.

Vote for who you think will move our dear country forward and not who to humiliate
Re: A Nairalanders fight against corruption in oau by OrlandoOwoh(m): 10:15pm On Nov 28, 2014
KELVINXY:

In OAU, Ile-Ife it's the students that have the say, not the Students' Union.
NB. It's not called Students' Union Government in Ife, it's not a government that is being run there, but a union, hence the name, Students' Union.
Re: A Nairalanders fight against corruption in oau by Nobody: 10:21pm On Nov 28, 2014
KELVINXY:

I'm not supporting any party for now my dear
2015 is still another year and not a day,I still have time to make the decision of whom to cast my vote for.
And I think that's what fellow nigerians should do.

Vote for who you think will move our dear country forward and not who to humiliate
As much as voting drives democracy, protests does too. You shouldn't attack people for exercising their rights.
Re: A Nairalanders fight against corruption in oau by ibrahym47(m): 10:31pm On Nov 28, 2014
KELVINXY:

dialogue my ass, to helk with dialogue
Re: A Nairalanders fight against corruption in oau by Yeske2(m): 10:34pm On Nov 28, 2014
Obviously we are in a dictatorship now so the chancellor, Vice chancellor and whoever added OAU to GEJ's itinerary don enter one chance. Kudos to the gallant students, this is what we need to chase that .......... to where he belongs next year.
Re: A Nairalanders fight against corruption in oau by ireneony(f): 10:44pm On Nov 28, 2014
phantonce:
Today, i did my
part, i made my stand. Happy joining OAU
students to show President Jonathan his
government and poverty-inducing capitalist
policies are not welcomed. He expected a
rousing welcome, instead he was confornted
with a protest. Fayose got perhaps the biggest
embarrassment of his life today. He walked
confidently to Ife students expecting to be
applauded. I can't yet forget the look of shock
on his face as shout of Ole! Ole ! (Thief! Thief!)
rented the air. Hastily his security details
whisked him away. President Jonathan's convoy
was delayed as students sat on the road
chanting slogans. Clumsily one by one, the royal
fathers made their way out not sure who next
would be greeted with shout of "thief!" Those to
be pitied (not sure if they even deserve it
though) were the hundreds of PDP supporters
who had thronged the campus with different
banners to welcome Jonathan. They looked
dejected, their banners hanging around them.
How could they start dancing as they planned
with the hundreds of students chanting
solidarity songs just beside them? At the end, as
the helicopters lifted from the ground, i didnt
see a single person waving the President
goodbye. It was like good riddance. If my guess
is right, someone might soonbe fired for fixing
OAU on the President's itinery Despite attempts
by a wing of the union leadership to sell-out,
great Ife students have demonstrated how
oppressors and exploiters should be treated. I
would do it again anytime, any day

we youth need to stand up for our right and tell this politicians enough is enough.
three words for u; you are clueless

1 Like

Re: A Nairalanders fight against corruption in oau by smithsammy(m): 10:50pm On Nov 28, 2014
KELVINXY:

i can see you are pained. but if i may ask you, who should dialogue with who? is the cry of nigerians not enough for him to see the discontentment of the people. the youths are doing what they shld do, you are here saying nonsense. how should they have done it? even obama is being booed, how much more mr jonathan? i doubt if you are going to sleep well tonight, because the news stroke you unexpectedly. and for fayose, he is nothing to the yorubas, we dont know him at all. he thought the rest of the south-west are like the ekiti people? most of the ekitians naturally are greedy, so we are not surprised that they voted a thief as their governor.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Irony And Reality Of One Nigeria (an Opinion) / Ghana Does Not Manage Nigeria's Airspace - GCAA / British House Of Commons Writes Buhari Over Namdi KANU Arrest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.