Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,167 members, 7,821,961 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:51 PM

[MUST COMMENT] Black Friday On Jumia - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / [MUST COMMENT] Black Friday On Jumia (2165 Views)

Get Set For Black-friday On JUMIA / Watchout For Jumia n Konga Black Friday Scams / Buy on JUMIA NIGERIA & Enjoy #500 Discount On Orders Above #4,999 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

[MUST COMMENT] Black Friday On Jumia by seunpayne(m): 7:53pm On Nov 28, 2014
....previously on jumia: Black Friday kicks off tomorrow and here are a few deals you can look forward to. An iPad mini, a blackberry passport, a Samsung galaxy s5 and a Playstation 4 console bundled with fifa 15....all of these going with at least 40% worth in discounts.

.....black Friday begins

12:01 am: it started. The page wasn't updated. Just showed a timer that had stopped counting

1:01 am: The first deals are up...up to 55% in discounts, none of the said deals. Just a bunch of TV sets from last year with clearance sale tags, air conditioners and other house ish. An injoo phone (which I think was a nice deal), one android tablet and a bunch of low productivity laptops.

4:01 am: Site goes down.

4:30 am: it's back up....same deals....a total of about 18 items.

6:59am: Same page....with some items greyed out with the sold out tag on them. A Samsung TV and one laptop most obvious. Items now down to 15

7:01 am: The iPad mini and Samsung galaxy are now listed and also greyed out with the sold out tag

...let's take a break....how do you sell even two items in 2 minutes? And did you plan to do black Friday with just one of each item?

8:01 am: The blackberry passport is now sold out too

9:01am: the Playstation 4 console is back up.... the rest still sold out

10:01 am: site goes down....message now says....black Friday was a success and they have gotten more traffic than they anticipated....will be back soon with more deals.

....another break: really? BlackFriday and you didn't anticipate how much traffic? One TV and a laptop greyed out and that is what you call a huge success?

11:00am: still down. Comes back up and goes back down.

12:01 pm: the iPad mini is back....still sold out. The passport is available again and so is the Playstation 4 console...the galaxy s5 is still elusive

2:01 pm: site goes down....same success message

2:35pm: new deals now....including a blackberry z3 and a Q10. Click on any deal now and select buy now....nothing happens. Or you get the message: nothing was added to your cart....

4:01 pm: site down again.

It's now close to 8:01 pm....next on jumia....

2 Likes

Re: [MUST COMMENT] Black Friday On Jumia by seunpayne(m): 7:57pm On Nov 28, 2014
I have a few questions:
1. They advertise on every platform possible to bring this?

2. They put those eye catching deals and then say they sold out without actually ever leaving them on for more than 10 minutes?

3. That success message is measured in terms of what? Cause traffic monitor records that jumia had the same number of hits today as the have had all through the week....why didn't they crash then?

4. How many people have managed to actually buy anything that isn't considered old news and falls under the clearance sale category?

5. Please update with a comment as soon as you do get any item you ordered.

6. Also please comment with your experience with jumia so far....especially today...

3 Likes

Re: [MUST COMMENT] Black Friday On Jumia by Nobody: 8:14pm On Nov 28, 2014
Jumia and Konga are making a Huge JOKE and Mockery of The Black Friday deals.

Some items l saw in the past with their price tags were still listed at those prices.

3 Likes

Re: [MUST COMMENT] Black Friday On Jumia by Nobody: 8:19pm On Nov 28, 2014
It wasn't a success at all...Just a Punkd stunt

2 Likes

Re: [MUST COMMENT] Black Friday On Jumia by seunpayne(m): 8:28pm On Nov 28, 2014
What confuses me is that they spent so much money on adverts....dstv even aired one....only for them to pull this rubbish off

3 Likes

Re: [MUST COMMENT] Black Friday On Jumia by Nobody: 8:42pm On Nov 28, 2014
I've actually added the PS 4, PS 3 and Z3 to my cart to test, they added.
Re: [MUST COMMENT] Black Friday On Jumia by EMEKA1MILLION(m): 8:48pm On Nov 28, 2014
I was free at work today so I went on to monitor the said awooof deals... Only the play station 4 was and the Tecno r7 was wat I saw reasonable...
Re: [MUST COMMENT] Black Friday On Jumia by Nobody: 8:51pm On Nov 28, 2014
OP, both sites are real time corporate scam artists. How? Take a click to the Discussion threads of the two brands (Infinix and Innjoo) they support and market to gullible and ignorant buyersand see ccomplaints galore.
Re: [MUST COMMENT] Black Friday On Jumia by wealth014: 8:51pm On Nov 28, 2014
Naija things are always different,could you believe it that by 6:35am etisalat network went off,and came back by 5:20pm today. Is It a coincident or a colaboration?
Re: [MUST COMMENT] Black Friday On Jumia by TDonald: 8:56pm On Nov 28, 2014
EMEKA1MILLION:
I was free at work today so I went on to monitor the said awooof deals... Only the play station 4 was and the Tecno r7 was wat I saw reasonable...
how much did they place on the r7 ?

1 Like

Re: [MUST COMMENT] Black Friday On Jumia by seunpayne(m): 9:26pm On Nov 28, 2014
Had my eye on that s5 baby....they just went and pissed me off is what they done did
Re: [MUST COMMENT] Black Friday On Jumia by EMEKA1MILLION(m): 11:18pm On Nov 28, 2014
TDonald:

how much did they place on the r7 ?
N29,999
Re: [MUST COMMENT] Black Friday On Jumia by bobo65(m): 6:10am On Nov 29, 2014
maybe they just brought out abt 5 ps4 and 3 s5 for sale at that price

jumia just enjoys spoiling their

never worked with kaymu
hope their yakata deal went well
Re: [MUST COMMENT] Black Friday On Jumia by seunpayne(m): 6:41am On Nov 29, 2014
So it's over and please can anyone confirm that they managed to place an actual order....anyone?

1 Like

Re: [MUST COMMENT] Black Friday On Jumia by Nobody: 10:15am On Nov 29, 2014
Stupid fucker ,after I tried deir website and it was giving me the maintenance jargons. I had to call their customer care but their number wasn't going until evening. I wanted placing an order for the BB z3 and they said soldOut. Then I knew they were just playing a stupid joke. Well they made their money off our "clicks". So its a huge success for them!
Re: [MUST COMMENT] Black Friday On Jumia by seunpayne(m): 11:16am On Nov 29, 2014
Yeah I guess...they did...till next year be that. Can't wait for the day amazon and eBay begin to ship to nigeria. These jokers will be out of the market then
Re: [MUST COMMENT] Black Friday On Jumia by AXYZ: 2:04pm On Nov 29, 2014
I actually ordered for a shoe of 7,000 on Konga which was half the 'initial' price they quoted. To my chagrin, I was told to track my goods. Lo and behold, it has changed to 15,000. I had to call and mail the helpdesk lest I return the goods for the 2nd consecutive time.

PS. I think those guys were shocked at the level Nigerians 'patronised' them to seemingly debt. They had to constantly alter their price or even shut it down as in the case of Jumia.
Re: [MUST COMMENT] Black Friday On Jumia by siempere(m): 4:23pm On Nov 29, 2014
i got a bb z3 for 27000 on konga do y'all think thats a good deal
Re: [MUST COMMENT] Black Friday On Jumia by drizzit(m): 7:16pm On Nov 29, 2014
Saw a lenovo tablet on konga for 18k, tried placing the order but cudnt,checkout failed to load. On checking again, price has dropped to 15K all within 1hr. I was so happy....tried again...same ol story.The 3rd time however....the price has gone up to 25K.....the 24K5 finally. just wondering.....are d prices meant to change that much within a few hours on such a day? ain't d price supposed to be fixed?

1 Like

Re: [MUST COMMENT] Black Friday On Jumia by Nobody: 1:15am On Dec 06, 2014
For Konga and Jumia blackfriday is just an annual publicity festival ,these two folks are rogues ....will this ever make frontpage?

(1) (Reply)

Schneider Sockets, Switches, Distribution Board, Breakers / Hp Compaq Nx9030 / Iphone X 64gb 100k Firm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.