Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,813 members, 7,862,694 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 11:50 PM

American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! - Foreign Affairs (186) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! (661020 Views)

Trump Wins Big On Super Tuesday, But Rivals Fight On / Clinton Blames Islamic Militants Rise On Obama Policies / Hillary Clinton Given £80 Parking Fine In London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) ... (539) (Go Down)

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by raumdeuter: 6:15pm On Jan 03, 2017
Even though I didnt support Trump campaign, I cant but applaud efforts like this

Those are some American jobs that are saved, Some peoples livelihood that could have been shipped to mexico

Let Liberals continue blaming Russia Putin and everyone else while they continueto lose more seats

If they are not careful all those rust belt states migt be lost for along time

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by stanech: 6:15pm On Jan 03, 2017
raumdeuter:
[size=18pt]Ford cancels $1.6 billion Mexican plant after Trump criticism
[/size]
Ford Motor Co (F.N) said Tuesday it will cancel a planned $1.6 billion factory in Mexico and will invest $700 million at a Michigan factory, after it had come under harsh criticism from President-elect Donald Trump for its Mexican investment plans.

The second largest U.S. automaker said it would build new electric, hybrid and autonomous vehicles at the Michigan plant.

Ford Chief Executive Mark Fields on Tuesday said the decision to cancel the new plant in Mexico was in part related to the need to "fully utilize capacity at existing facilities" amid declining sales of small and medium sized cars such as the Focus and Fusion.

Fields said Ford will build a battery electric SUV with a 300-mile driving range at the Flat Rock, Michigan plant by 2020, and will launch production there by 2021 of a fully autonomous vehicle without a steering wheel or a brake pedal for use in ride services fleets.

Ford will add 700 jobs at the Flat Rock plant, Fields said, to cheers from union workers gathered at the factory for the announcement.

RELATED COVERAGE

Mexico's peso deepens losses after Ford scraps Mexican plant plan
Ford in April announced it would invest $1.6 billion to build a new plant in San Luis Potosi, Mexico to build small cars. The company said Wednesday it will shift production from Michigan of its Focus to an existing plant in Hermosillo, Mexico. Trump had urged Ford to cancel the planned Mexican plant.

Ford said Wednesday it will add two new unnamed products at its Michigan Assembly Plant in Wayne, Michigan, where the Focus is manufactured today

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-ford-mexico-idUSKBN14N1EO

With Just one tweet from Trump

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by raumdeuter: 6:23pm On Jan 03, 2017
CFCman:

I would also add that college students who are earning below a certain amount of money, or live in households that earn below a certain amount annually, should continue to be eligible for financial aid grants (not loans).

And those Grants were will they be coming from? Tax payers? If there are such grants what will be the incentive to actually work? Why wont you too quit your job or take an easier one and get grants. You think there is anyone who doesnt like it easy?

Many students choose easy career paths that make them "enjoy school" I know someone who started with pre Med, went to engineering, later Maths and ended in maybe criminal Justice or some course liek that raking loans on the way because those tough courses were making him miss the college experience

he graduated cant get a job or was offered low paying customer service jobs while his former Engineering colleagues were started o 65k out of school. he now went ahead to do another Masters raking more loans for Criminal Justice

So why should such person be rewarded when he is stuck in a low paying job while his mates that did the tough courses in college he avoided are already buying new cars paying their student loans and living the life

In life, there is always repercussion for discipline and indiscipline, sacrifice and indulgence

While you are solving tough Calculus some of your mates are partying studying ancient Asian religion

Its one of life lessons young people shoud be taught early

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by armyofone(m): 6:44pm On Jan 03, 2017
You are right *nodding my head*
raumdeuter:

Many students choose easy career paths that make them "enjoy school" I know someone who started with pre Med, went to engineering, later Maths and ended in maybe criminal Justice or some course liek that raking loans on the way because those tough courses were making him miss the college experience

he graduated cant get a job or was offered low paying customer service jobs while his former Engineering colleagues were started o 65k out of school. he now went ahead to do another Masters raking more loans
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by ValerianSteel(m): 7:25pm On Jan 03, 2017
stanech:

With Just one tweet from Trump
Here comes the Kellyane Conway assembled Lie Brigade.

Ford has created over 28,000 jobs in the US in the past five years under a restrictive labor environment in the Obama administration which has increased the US labor force by nearly 50%(5,600 jobs a year).Mexico factory will be fully staffed with its 3,700 workers while the company shifts parts of it's $1billion funds to Michigan to build electric and self-driving cars taking advantage of the recent Michigan legislation on electric/self-driving cars.

The company's statement is They are creating 700jobs in Michigan for their 'own business' but also in a vote of confidence in Trump to create an healthy business environment for Ford when he's in office.That healthy business environment is big corparation talk for 'yuge tax cuts',government confidence that no legislation to increase the minimum wage or regulations to increase workers benefit will be passed.

Of course,his minions can fall for it since we live in a post fact era now undecided

5 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by ValerianSteel(m): 7:27pm On Jan 03, 2017
Megyn Kelly is leaving Fox News for NBC.

Resistance+1 cool

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 8:26pm On Jan 03, 2017
I don't believe in "Dream job" Shenanigans...One thing I keep telling myself, if I want to rack up debts might as well do it for a very profitable degree...And I don't understand the laziness of college kids like for fvcks sake you are an adult's and most adults have 9-5 jobs, what's stopping you from reading 9-5?

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by happney65: 8:26pm On Jan 03, 2017
Paul Ryan Elected Speaker...I like the Speech given by Nancy Pelosi..Good Speech..She made a Promise to uphold all Legacies of Obama.

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 8:46pm On Jan 03, 2017
raumdeuter:

And those Grants were will they be coming from? Tax payers? If there are such grants what will be the incentive to actually work? Why wont you too quit your job or take an easier one and get grants. You think there is anyone who doesnt like it easy?

he graduated cant get a job or was offered low paying customer service jobs while his former Engineering colleagues were started o 65k out of school. he now went ahead to do another Masters raking more loans for Criminal Justice

So why should such person be rewarded when he is stuck in a low paying job while his mates that did the tough courses in college he avoided are already buying new cars paying their student loans and living the life

In life, there is always repercussion for discipline and indiscipline, sacrifice and indulgence

While you are solving tough Calculus some of your mates are partying studying ancient Asian religion

Its one of life lessons young people shoud be taught early

Fair enough. There are people who are in college to read bullshit majors who also milk the system.
I was telling someone a while ago that about 50% of college students have no business being in college. Most these people would have been better off in an apprenticeship program, as is done in Germany. It's a waste of time to spend 4/5 years in college to study Roman Empire history, lol.

Having said that, the STEM, architecture, finance and law students would still need financial assistance to help pay for tuition because a good number of them do not come from wealthy homes.

There wouldn't be much need for government grants if the cost of college tuition is spiralling out of control. Well, a way to control tuition costs would be the federal government decreasing the amount of money available for student loans. If there is such a reduction, school wouldn't have the incentive to keep raising tuition every year.

Moreover, our society and economy has to be structured in a way that de-emphasizes the need for a Bachelors degree for most disciplines with the exception of medicine, architecture, accountancy, law, and possibly engineering disciplines (A 2-yr degree should suffice for software engineering). A BA in political science and/history/criminal justice can be required if one wants a career in academia.
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by BekeeBuAgbara: 11:16pm On Jan 03, 2017
Hillary and Bill will attend Trump's inauguration.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by obixcel(m): 11:17pm On Jan 03, 2017
ValerianSteel:

Resistance+1 cool
She won't be missed, wanted more pay, got what she wanted, a staggering 20 million dollars annual salary.
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by raumdeuter: 12:43am On Jan 04, 2017
CFCman:
Fair enough. There are people who are in college to read bullshit majors who also milk the system.
I was telling someone a while ago that about 50% of college students have no business being in college. Most these people would have been better off in an apprenticeship program, as is done in Germany. It's a waste of time to spend 4/5 years in college to study Roman Empire history, lol.
Having said that, the STEM, architecture, finance and law students would still need financial assistance to help pay for tuition because a good number of them do not come from wealthy homes.
There wouldn't be much need for government grants if the cost of college tuition is spiralling out of control. Well, a way to control tuition costs would be the federal government decreasing the amount of money available for student loans. If there is such a reduction, school wouldn't have the incentive to keep raising tuition every year.
Moreover, our society and economy has to be structured in a way that de-emphasizes the need for a Bachelors degree for most disciplines with the exception of medicine, architecture, accountancy, law, and possibly engineering disciplines (A 2-yr degree should suffice for software engineering). A BA in political science and/history/criminal justice can be required if one wants a career in academia.

I agree with much of what you said, About the 50% of degrees being just a waste of time. And would be better learning skills for blue collar jobs

For the STEM students, the degree is an investment in your lifetime earnings. Most people wont mind incurring a student loan of 400K if they will get to be a MD and earn 250K as starting salary rising to 350K in 5yrss or getting into silicon Valley or Wall street where their sign on bonus Plus yearly bonus is almost 50K excluding a salry of over 150K a yr

I am sure if you are guarateed a 6figure salary straight out of college you wont mind getting student loans for it. Its an investment in yourself, you will probably be eating the fruit for the next 35yrs so why isnt it worth it?

Also you ned to know if the degree you're getting is actually worth it. For courses like Software Engineering, The degree is not as important as the practical skill, the Zuckerberg, Gates etc dont even have a certificate degree sef, Its like going to school to learn about fine art or music. No certificate can make you sing or paint if you dont have the natural talent

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 1:57am On Jan 04, 2017
obixcel:
She won't be missed, wanted more pay, got what she wanted, a staggering 20 million dollars annual salary.
Omg!

That puts her amongst the highest earning tv journalists in America. Fox News could have just offered her the money sha
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by obixcel(m): 8:15am On Jan 04, 2017
CFCman:

Omg!

That puts her amongst the highest earning tv journalists in America. Fox News could have just offered her the money sha
Exactly, she had been clamoring for more pay but her employers were unwilling, hence the fall out, and NBC comes knocking like, "come on! pretty, we'll pay you much better...."

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by stanech: 9:52am On Jan 04, 2017
ValerianSteel:
Here comes the Kellyane Conway assembled Lie Brigade.

Ford has created over 28,000 jobs in the US in the past five years under a restrictive labor environment in the Obama administration which has increased the US labor force by nearly 50%(5,600 jobs a year).Mexico factory will be fully staffed with its 3,700 workers while the company shifts parts of it's $1billion funds to Michigan to build electric and self-driving cars taking advantage of the recent Michigan legislation on electric/self-driving cars.

The company's statement is They are creating 700jobs in Michigan for their 'own business' but also in a vote of confidence in Trump to create an healthy business environment for Ford when he's in office.That healthy business environment is big corparation talk for 'yuge tax cuts',government confidence that no legislation to increase the minimum wage or regulations to increase workers benefit will be passed.

Of course,his minions can fall for it since we live in a post fact era now undecided

Minions lol

4 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by stanech: 10:00am On Jan 04, 2017
ValerianSteel:

Resistance+1 cool

Best news of the day for me...

Hannity , Oreilly ,Turker Carlson, Jesse Walters and Kimberly are my favorite. Juan Williams can join her as well

btw her ratings have dropped over the years

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by stanech: 10:51am On Jan 04, 2017
Donald J. Trump

The "Intelligence" briefing on so-called "Russian hacking" was delayed until Friday, perhaps more time needed to build a case. Very strange!

They have nothing to show..

6 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by happney65: 12:01pm On Jan 04, 2017
When you see Trump opening defending Russia and He's fellow republicans looks the other way..You will know Hypocrisy and the GOP is the same..If it was Obama that did one third of what Trump is doing they might even have called for he's impeachment. .

I remember how they said all sorts of unprintable words against Obama during the Iran Deal with that Fat Face Netanyahu coming to the House to call for the Deal to be shred..They all hailed him to the high heavens..A deal for Peace..A deal that would stop Iran from acquiring Neuclear weapons..A deal that made the world a Safer Place..

But Mr Trump is openly in bed with Russia and He's colleagues look the other way..Russia that is in all ramifications worse than Iran..I hate Hypocrisy with passion..Too Bad..Too Bad..

6 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by happney65: 12:02pm On Jan 04, 2017
obixcel:

20Million Dollars annually?Abegi what does she wants again ohhh..Chisos...
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by stanech: 2:07pm On Jan 04, 2017
Donald J. Trump

Julian Assange said "a 14 year old could have hacked Podesta" - why was DNC so careless? Also said Russians did not give him the info!
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 5:09pm On Jan 04, 2017
There are competing meetings on healthcare policy on Capitol Hill between Obama and Congressional Dems on one hand, and between VP-elect Pence and Congressional Republicans on the other hand

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by obixcel(m): 5:19pm On Jan 04, 2017
The Clintons will soon to be at Trump's Inauguration. mehn! that would definitely hurt, could be the most painful moment. Also, Obama riding alongside with Trump inside a limo. I recommend an ambulance to be on stand by just in case someone strikes a nerve and breaks down, lol, especially with regards to the Clintons. #TrumpInaugural
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 5:51pm On Jan 04, 2017
California has hired Eric Holder to fight the Trump administration.

The former Attorney-general will reportedly defend CA's position on illegal immigrants, environmental regulations, the ACA etc

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jan 04, 2017
obixcel:
The Clintons will soon to be at Trump's Inauguration. mehn! that would definitely hurt, could be the most painful moment. Also, Obama riding alongside with Trump inside a limo. I recommend an ambulance to be on stand by just in case someone strikes a nerve and breaks down, lol, especially with regards to the Clintons. #TrumpInaugural
I don't think Obama will ride in the same limo with Trump. They will be in separate vehicles on January 20.
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Lucasbalo(m): 6:23pm On Jan 04, 2017
obixcel:
I guess your Google is not helping you much. Where did you get your information about Obama and Trump riding together. That must be a first in American history. Too much googling is not good for you.

5 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by armyofone(m): 8:06pm On Jan 04, 2017
Lol grin
grin grin grin
Many people are yet to understand American politics.
That you fight, stop for whatever needed to be done grin, dance ball room dance, eat, share beer/wine, go to bed, make love and start from where you stopped.

Lucasbalo:
I guess your Google is not helping you much. Where did you get your information about Obama and Trump riding together. That must be a first in American history. Too much googling is not good for you.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by armyofone(m): 8:45pm On Jan 04, 2017
Another waste of time and tax payers money grin

CFCman:
There are competing meetings on healthcare policy on Capitol Hill between Obama and Congressional Dems on one hand, and between VP-elect Pence and Congressional Republicans on the other hand

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 8:52pm On Jan 04, 2017
armyofone:
Lol grin
grin grin grin
That you fight, stop for whatever needed to done grin, dance ball room dance, eat, share beer/wine, go to bed, make love and start from where you stopped.

In the end, the elite share one common goal - the preservation of the 2-party system.
Trump will cut deals with Congressional Dems, despite the posturing of the later group.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Lucasbalo(m): 10:38pm On Jan 04, 2017
armyofone:
Lol grin
grin grin grin
That you fight, stop for whatever needed to done grin, dance ball room dance, eat, share beer/wine, go to bed, make love and start from where you stopped.

Do not mind our American loving brothers who love America more than their own country. Imagine our friends showing the kind of passion on Nigeria that they show on America?. Won't Nigeria be better for it, but their bread and butter is Trump who doesn't care if all Africans die of hunger. You just have to let them wallow in their misery.

4 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Lucasbalo(m): 10:41pm On Jan 04, 2017
obixcel:
Hoping you and Stanech will be in DC for the inaugural. For the support you gave him in winning the election, you both deserve an award but unfortunately, he doesn't even think of you guys. Your reward for supporting Trump will come from the Good man above.

4 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by obixcel(m): 11:34pm On Jan 04, 2017
Lucasbalo:
Hoping you and Stanech will be in DC for the inaugural. For the support you gave him in winning the election, you both deserve an award but unfortunately, he doesn't even think of you guys. Your reward for supporting Trump will come from the Good man above.
I understand how pained u are mr americana

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by armyofone(m): 12:35am On Jan 05, 2017
grin grin
You eh grin
Lucasbalo:

(1) (2) (3) ... (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) ... (539)

Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live / Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc / American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.