Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,869 members, 7,862,907 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 08:52 AM

American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! - Foreign Affairs (207) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! (661076 Views)

Trump Wins Big On Super Tuesday, But Rivals Fight On / Clinton Blames Islamic Militants Rise On Obama Policies / Hillary Clinton Given £80 Parking Fine In London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) ... (539) (Go Down)

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by mojeer678: 8:44pm On Jan 26, 2017
Modsbuty:
Lol

Hahaha!!!

You can't make this stuff up:

Transgender "women" were offended by pussy hats at the women's march and felt left out because of all the natural born women who actually had vaginas there! "Some transgender women were bothered by the march's emphasis on vaginas and the color pink. "I believe there's a lot of inequality that has to do with genitals". HA HA HA, fail

See: http://dailycaller.com/2017/01/24/transgenders-angry-that-womens-march-had-too-many-white-cis-women/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Modsbuty: 9:03pm On Jan 26, 2017
armyofone:
grin in dreams grin

By now you should know Mr president does not joke around
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Modsbuty: 9:08pm On Jan 26, 2017
mojeer678:

A mega-popular President will surely succeed.

Look at the church like building - it is PACKED in front of it, yet in the fake media photo there is no one there!. Overall, Trump had the area in front of the white building packed tighter than Obama did. Trump probably, in fact, drew a larger crowd but we can't get that answer without a REAL photo of what was going on behind the white building. What's worse? CNN had this photo, which proves Trump's crowd was ENORMOUS. Pure fraud is all CNN is.

Cnn is loosing credibility every minute

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Modsbuty: 9:49pm On Jan 26, 2017
First flight on Airforce 1

4 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Modsbuty: 9:49pm On Jan 26, 2017
cheesy

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Modsbuty: 9:50pm On Jan 26, 2017
Ll

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by ValerianSteel(m): 9:55pm On Jan 26, 2017
Entire Senior Staff at the State Department resigned. Sources say they believe the Department is being headed by the leader of the Swamp, diplomacy will be overridden by Corporate interest.

This should scare anyone. Career diplomats and bureau officials are being replaced by corporatist and special interest.

Also in the news, Mexican President has rejected White House visit with BLOTUS(Biggest Liar of the United States) reaffirming his previous stance that Mexico will never foot the bill for the ridiculous and stupid wall.

4 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Missy89(f): 10:20pm On Jan 26, 2017
ValerianSteel:
Entire Senior Staff at the State Department resigned. Sources say they believe the Department is being headed by the leader of the Swamp, diplomacy will be overridden by Corporate interest.

This should scare anyone. Career diplomats and bureau officials are being replaced by corporatist and special interest.

Also in the news, Mexican President has rejected White House visit with BLOTUS(Biggest Liar of the United States) reaffirming his previous stance that Mexico will never foot the bill for the ridiculous and stupid wall.

Not true. Most of them were fired

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by ValerianSteel(m): 10:25pm On Jan 26, 2017
Missy89:

No they resigned, the administration had intentions to kick them out already but they originally resigned before being asked to leave.

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Modsbuty: 10:45pm On Jan 26, 2017
Wall actioned
Extreme Vetting in place
Dow record high
Jobs returning to USA
Global Warming money slashed
Churchill bust returned

IN 1 WEEK!

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 11:07pm On Jan 26, 2017
Trump wants to cancel the F-35 fighter jet development, as an Aerospace Engineer, I'm not sure how I feel about this.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Lucasbalo(m): 11:10pm On Jan 26, 2017
Missy89:

They resigned because they sincerely believe the corporatist is taking over the State Dept.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by uniklinkum(m): 11:13pm On Jan 26, 2017
Laughing out loud at the gop senators morrafuckers. They are all now concerned with the maniac fantasy on the wall bullshiit and investigating the election. Can't wait on drumpf to draw up his signature health care reform.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Lucasbalo(m): 11:13pm On Jan 26, 2017
mojeer678:

Continue your delusion grin

DAY FOUR MAGA!!!

The entire senior management of the State Department just resigned!

The Washington Post thinks it is a bad thing, because "too much experience walked out the door".

I think it is great, because the "experience" that walked out the door was part of a system so corrupt it almost destroyed the country.

So what if there are a few glitches and bumps as things get going again, when once back on the road the State Department will at least be going in a better direction.
My favorite graduate bus conductor is back. I was in Nigeria for few weeks and I was frantically looking for you at your favorite bus stops. Anyway, welcome back to your usual display of ignorance.

5 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Modsbuty: 11:15pm On Jan 26, 2017
Here is a march i would join

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Modsbuty: 11:15pm On Jan 26, 2017
The peso is tumbling after Mexico's president says he won't meet with Trump (link: http://read.bi/2k4Og0N) read.bi/2k4Og0N via themoneygame
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Lucasbalo(m): 11:15pm On Jan 26, 2017
uniklinkum:
Laughing out loud at the gop senators morrafuckers. They are all now concerned with the maniac fantasy on the wall bullshiit and investigating the election. Can't wait on drumpf to draw up his signature health care reform.
He's delusional if he thinks Americans will let him mess with ACA. Trump is way over his head. The euphoria of his election is fading fast.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Lucasbalo(m): 11:23pm On Jan 26, 2017
Afam4eva:
Do you guys think that America can pull off building the US-Mexico wall without financial support from Mexico because it seems to me that mexico will not be interested in paying such a huge amount of money for something that will not be beneficial to them. From what i gathered, the wall will not cost anything less than $50 billion. Can America afford it?
No. America can't afford it and Mexico won't pay a dime for the damn wall. America needs infrastructural upgrade not the stupid wall that wouldn't stop Mexicans from coming into US.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Lucasbalo(m): 11:40pm On Jan 26, 2017
armyofone:
There is really no need to build a wall. If we have 50 billion, it should be spent on improving schools, roads, support small business, shelters for the homeless etc
Mexico immigrants and those coming in aren't the problem we are facing here. I agree, Mexico should not pay for it in whatever form.

You nailed it my Sister. What good is the wall when Mexicans will dig a tunnel under it like they are wont to do.There is infrastructural decay in America which needs immediate attention but Mr Bigot is so focused on his hatred of minorities that he can't see what is really needed in America. His bigotry is showing big time. There is only one Uncle Tom ( Ben Carson ) and no single Hispanic in his cabinet. That's a shame in a multi cultural society like US. The clowns who don't know squat about America are supporting an overt racist who will hang them on a cross if no one is watching. You wonder with guys like this all over Nigeria, the country is doomed.

6 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Lucasbalo(m): 11:55pm On Jan 26, 2017
mojeer678:

Don't let them deceive you, it's only about $5B.

There have been quotes as high as $10 trillion to build the wall thrown around online.

MY ESTIMATE: $5 billion and no more, IF THAT. When property costs do not get in the way, according to the New Jersey DOT, roads cost only $183,000 per lane mile to build. The lowest cost state, (South Carolina) has had road construction costs as low as $39,403 per lane mile. Even if the wall cost $2 million a mile to build, we'd get 2,500 miles of wall for $5 billion. Much of the wall is already built, and it is far easier to build a wall than it is to put in a two lane road complete with bridges and drainage. A two lane road that spanned the same distance would cost a lot less than $5 billion, especially if it only had to consider what the wall will need to consider, which is nearly nothing when compared to what a road needs.

So don't be trolled about the high cost of the wall, the real estate is cheap along the wall route and there is no way it can possibly cost a whole lot. This does not mean I am for the wall, because if it can keep Mexicans out, it can also trap Americans in.

And Mexico will eventually pay for the wall.
Bus conductor, how much of that $5billion will come from you and your know nothing foam in the mouth friends ?. Nothing, Nada. It will come from tax paying Americans not even Trump who doesn't pay his taxes hence he wouldn't release his tax forms like all Presidential candidates do. You guys are just as pathetic as your racist tin god Tramp.

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by happney65: 12:05am On Jan 27, 2017
Lucasbalo:
I tell you that your brain needs a resetting. You are not worried about Naira turning into tissue paper. Have you ever seen a Peso in your life. Naira is about 500 to a $ and you are foaming in the mouth about Mexican Pesos. What you should worry about is the hyper inflation that is messing up your life with your meagre resources.

"Have you ever seen a peso in your life"Chai bros,that was below the belt..Dammmm..That guy suppose go kill himself.. grin grin

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Lucasbalo(m): 12:07am On Jan 27, 2017
happney65:

"Have you ever seen a peso in your life"Chai bros,that was below the belt..Dammmm..That guy suppose go kill himself.. grin grin
That guy is just a fool who is so worried about what's happening thousands of miles away while his house is on fire. Talking about Peso losing value and he neglects Naira. He's just a sociopath.

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 12:24am On Jan 27, 2017
Brightwood:
Trump wants to cancel the F-35 fighter jet development, as an Aerospace Engineer, I'm not sure how I feel about this.
I'm all for it.

Congress wasted 100s of billions of $$ on useless weapons programs that this country doesn't need. You don't need too much sophistication to defeat the likes of ISIS and other terrorist groups. It's like the $1bn a-piece B-52 bomber that has only been used a grand total of FIVE times in combat. The US has 20 B-52 stealth bombers currently. These weapons were designed to battle the old Soviet Union, and are mostly unnecessary in the fight against radical jihadi terrorists.

It's no wonder the average starting salary for engineers working in the Military Industrial Complex is around $84,000/year. A sizeable chunk of those billions go into their pockets. Full disclosure, my bro works in one of those companies.

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by ValerianSteel(m): 12:33am On Jan 27, 2017
Brightwood:
The production is freaking expensive though a joint one with other countries, but we should be reminded that it's not like our conventional stealth fighters, it's a multi role fighter, it would be a mistake for him to gut this. Lockheed has agreed to review the cost and eventually lower the price. Thousands of jobs are on the line if the program ends.
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by ValerianSteel(m): 12:39am On Jan 27, 2017
CFCman:

I'm all for it.

Congress wasted 100s of billions of $$ on useless weapons programs that this country doesn't need. You don't need too much sophistication to defeat the likes of ISIS and other terrorist groups. It's like the $1bn a-piece B-52 bomber that has only been used a grand total of FIVE times in combat. The US has 20 B-52 stealth bombers currently. These weapons were designed to battle the old Soviet Union, and are mostly unnecessary in the fight against radical jihadi terrorists.

It's no wonder the average starting salary for engineers working in the Military Industrial Complex is around $84,000/year. A sizeable chunk of those billions go into their pockets. Full disclosure, my bro works in one of those companies.
If we want to go back to being fiscally conservative, let's start with the Military, too much wasteful spending there. With regards to the F-35 it's too late in stage go outrightly cancel it. Other countries will be pissed especially Israel, Bibi has been waiting on those birds to flex muscles with Russia in Syria.

It won't be an easy task, he could however reduce the number of orders. I don't get why we have three variants for each of the air fighting forces. That's where the real cost is.
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 12:52am On Jan 27, 2017
ValerianSteel:
If we want to go back to being fiscally conservative, let's start with the Military, too much wasteful spending there. With regards to the F-35 it's too late in stage go outrightly cancel it. Other countries will be pissed especially Israel, Bibi has been waiting on those birds to flex muscles with Russia in Syria.

It won't be an easy task, he could however reduce the number of orders. I don't get why we have three variants for each of the air fighting forces. That's where the real cost is.
Agree with the bolded portion. And I also don't understand why, for instance, the Navy will have 5 different kinds of fighter jets. All these add to government waste.
Left to me, I'd only allow 2 types of fighter jets for all the branches bar the Marines.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by ValerianSteel(m): 1:18am On Jan 27, 2017
CFCman:

Agree with the bolded portion. And I also don't understand why, for instance, the Navy will have 5 different kinds of fighter jets. All these add to government waste.
Left to me, I'd only allow 2 types of fighter jets for all the branches bar the Marines.
The MIC lives fat off these. Neither party has addressed this harshly, everyone is blindly for the military mistaking it for patriotism. I think Patriotism means looking inward and prioritizing what's important, what's needed. Some of these birds are arts and decoration to show off to the world. If there's any Trump can do, he should address this and I'd thank him 'bigly'.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 1:24am On Jan 27, 2017
CFCman:

I'm all for it.

I believe a new weapons development program should be created instead as cancelling the F35 could put thousands of people out of jobs.
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by ValerianSteel(m): 1:24am On Jan 27, 2017
Did anyone catch British PM Theresa May's speech at the GOP retreat. She was sound, articulate, impressively worded but she was full of praise to the Republican Party's style of leadership and policy as a fellow conservative that she is. However she also reminded them that the UK will only work with an America that respects the freedom and liberties it fought hard for.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 1:26am On Jan 27, 2017
ValerianSteel:
The production is freaking expensive though a joint one with other countries, but we should be reminded that it's not like our conventional stealth fighters, it's a multi role fighter, it would be a mistake for him to gut this. Lockheed has agreed to review the cost and eventually lower the price. Thousands of jobs are on the line if the program ends.

I agree 100%, funny thing is there are probably large immigrant engineers on the production team, a stricter immigration policy would only affect our research capacity in the coming decades.

(1) (2) (3) ... (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) ... (539)

Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live / Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc / American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency!

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.