Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,868 members, 7,862,905 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 08:48 AM

American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! - Foreign Affairs (212) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! (661073 Views)

Trump Wins Big On Super Tuesday, But Rivals Fight On / Clinton Blames Islamic Militants Rise On Obama Policies / Hillary Clinton Given £80 Parking Fine In London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) ... (539) (Go Down)

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Modsbuty: 4:52pm On Jan 30, 2017
Good Question

Donald J. Trump‏ @realDonaldTrump
Where was all the outrage from Democrats and the opposition party (the media) when our jobs were fleeing our country?

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Modsbuty: 4:53pm On Jan 30, 2017
grin This President funny sha. grin grin

Donald J. Trump‏ @realDonaldTrump
Somebody with aptitude and conviction should buy the FAKE NEWS and failing @nytimes and either run it correctly or let it fold with dignity!

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by juman(m): 5:39pm On Jan 30, 2017
The man needs to be on the same page with the intelligence agencies.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Modsbuty: 7:00pm On Jan 30, 2017
#Breaking: Trump signs executive order to drastically cut federal regulations

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by mojeer678: 10:34pm On Jan 30, 2017
Modsbuty:
Here is a march i would join

Pro life and pro choice march

"I am a woman who went to the women's march and the march for life and the differences were stunning"

A woman attended both the women's march and the march for life and did an amazing job of documenting both. This is well worth looking at:

http://ijr.com/2017/01/788280-i-am-a-woman-who-went-to-the-womens-march-and-the-march-for-life-the-differences-were-stunning/

Simply priceless!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Appleyard(m): 10:41pm On Jan 30, 2017
Brightwood:

I like your logic, create 5 New companies...Who will buy their products...Or you think designing military weapons is something that takes a year or two...The money the government would pour in is just not enough and chances are new companies won't have the data to manufacture "hot cakes"It's better to just keep on pumping the money, it will get done someday.

If the USA reneges on its contracts other Nations won't forget that slight easily, now that Trump is becoming more Isolationist, it's just not worth the strain in International Relations.

I see. But the companies I envisaged doesn't have anything to do with the military. Consumers oriented manufacturing should always be the preferred choice in such cases. And bear in mind that there is always going to be available data for manufacturers to produce "hot cake" consumers end products, because competition fosters efficiency--a cardinal principle of Capitalism.

On the other hand, I will beg to disagree with the logic that the US stands to face the wrath and backlash from other nations if it renegade on its part of the contract. On the contrary, NOTHING would happen! They can do nothing except uttering EMPTY rhetorics and verbosive innuendos.
When France renegaded on its contract with Russia regarding the Mistral Warships, the blatant breach of contract didn't scare or stop other nations like India and a host of others from negotiating deals for the State-of-the-art Raphael Fighter Jet. Why?
The fact is that, when you're a bull in the open field, the Flamengos and other birds don't give a dime about how you've messed up the grass with some dungs. They'd keep flocking to you cause you gat the bugs they crave like mad.

So, I don't honestly see how they can get back at the States or isolate Donald Trump when most of them still relies on Washington for one or two things....

Believe me, there is nothing they can do especially when the US reserve the right to rescind or repudiate the contract...
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by obixcel(m): 10:44pm On Jan 30, 2017
RASMUSSEN POLL: CLEAR MAJORITY OF AMERICANS SUPPORT TRUMP’S TRAVEL BAN
- The poll was conducted before this weekend’s protests.
- The poll finds that 57 per cent of Americans support President Trump’s travel ban on people arriving from terror-linked countries, with just 33 per cent opposing the measure.
- Asked if they support a temporary 90 day ban on “refugees” from Syria, Iraq, Iran, Libya, Somalia, Sudan and Yemen, a clear majority of Americans back Trump, despite widespread media criticism of the executive order
- The poll also found that Americans support a visa block on all individuals from those same countries by a margin of 56 per cent to 32 per cent
- In addition, not a single citizen from the top five Muslim-populated countries is affected by the ban. 87% of Muslims worldwide are not affected by the ban

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by gesundheit: 10:54pm On Jan 30, 2017
obixcel:
RASMUSSEN POLL: CLEAR MAJORITY OF AMERICANS SUPPORT TRUMP’S TRAVEL BAN
- The poll was conducted before this weekend’s protests.
- The poll finds that 57 per cent of Americans support President Trump’s travel ban on people arriving from terror-linked countries, with just 33 per cent opposing the measure.
- Asked if they support a temporary 90 day ban on “refugees” from Syria, Iraq, Iran, Libya, Somalia, Sudan and Yemen, a clear majority of Americans back Trump, despite widespread media criticism of the executive order
- The poll also found that Americans support a visa block on all individuals from those same countries by a margin of 56 per cent to 32 per cent
- In addition, not a single citizen from the top five Muslim-populated countries is affected by the ban. 87% of Muslims worldwide are not affected by the ban

This is a f***king lie, like earlier lie that you and Spencer told. The Canadian attack is not a Muslim but a white racists. Yet faux news and the spokesman of the white house reported false news.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Appleyard(m): 11:16pm On Jan 30, 2017
ValerianSteel:
IAF's F-16s already play peek a boo in the air with Sukhoi flankers over Syrian airspace, the F-35 in unmatched by any fighter, in the hands of Israel with additional technology that's a bad bird to toy with, Putin ain't gonna shoot shit down if he doesn't want his Tartus naval base or airspace in Latakia smoked to ashes.

I like the way you always love to dream, but unfortunately, its a sick dream. Wake up! Russia is no hapless Palestine and Tartus ain't a Defenseless Gaza. They can't even get pass the S-300 yet, let alone the S-400 washing over the formal terrain wherein Apostle Paul received his deliverance on the road to Damascus..Yet a better off...the S-500 is waiting on the wheels...cool
The F-35 is already obsolete.. Just as the Russian army spoke man succinctly put it:

"..and all those warp believe about invisible planes shall be met with DISAPPOINTING REALITY.."

Since the time after that comment, the US-led western Ediots never again attacked the Syrian army position. grin

But you can keep dreaming brother: you don't pay for it after all...That was how the likes of you were dreaming back then in 97, until the Sebian air forces woke them from their delusion with a 1965 outdated SAM.. grin

I just dey laf....grin cool grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Missy89(f): 11:27pm On Jan 30, 2017
ValerianSteel:
The black budget is $200billion not $60billion.

You still won't agree there's lots of waste in Defense spendings but want me to accept Entitlement programs are entirely wasteful??

Of course there is waste in every goverment beaurocracy. I never said the entitlement programs are entirely wasteful but if u really care about goverment waste a 2 trillion dollars program is a good place to start isnt it?

Keep in mind, agencies have to go to congress to get extra money for classified program approved. So your 200 billion is fiction.
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Missy89(f): 11:34pm On Jan 30, 2017
Appleyard:

I like the way you always love to dream, but unfortunately, its a sick dream. Wake up! Russia is no hapless Palestine and Tartus ain't a Defenseless Gaza. They can't even get pass the S-300 yet, let alone the S-400 washing over the formal terrain wherein Apostle Paul received his deliverance on the road to Damascus..Yet a better off...the S-500 is waiting on the wheels...cool
The F-35 is already obsolete.. Just as the Russian army spoke man succinctly put it:

"..and all those warp believe about invisible planes shall be met with DISAPPOINTING REALITY.."

Since the time after that comment, the US-led western Ediots never again attacked the Syrian army position. grin

But you can keep dreaming brother: you don't pay for it after all...That was how the likes of you were dreaming back then in 97, until the Sebian air forces woke them from their delusion with a 1965 outdated SAM.. grin

S300, s700, s900 Serbia!

Do you guys have anything else to argue with? Why did the serbs remove their heavy weapons from Sarajevo and agreed to a peace deal then? Explain that to me

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Lucasbalo(m): 11:54pm On Jan 30, 2017
gesundheit:

This is a f***king lie, like earlier lie that you and Spencer told. The Canadian attack is not a Muslim but a white racists. Yet faux news and the spokesman of the white house reported false news.
Those two Jobless clowns will tell you they know more about the inner workings of Canada than you do even though they have never left their villages.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Lucasbalo(m): 12:15am On Jan 31, 2017
Like my Buddy Adminisher said, while the civilized countries of the World criticize Trump and Third World countries of Africa with no good roads and electricity supports the Racist Trump. Inferiority complex.

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Appleyard(m): 12:54am On Jan 31, 2017
Missy89:

S300, s700, s900 Serbia!

Do you guys have anything else to argue with? Why did the serbs remove their heavy weapons from Sarajevo and agreed to a peace deal then? Explain that to me

Facts don't lie. Did the Serbs proved that stealth doesn't give you invisibility? Yes or no? Answer that.

And what is the relevance of them agreeing to a peace deal vis stealth and alledged invincibility?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 1:55am On Jan 31, 2017
Let's congratulate our sister who became the first Black woman to be president of the Harvard Law Review.

It's a really great achievement for Imelme.

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by lionlee216(m): 4:20am On Jan 31, 2017
President fires acting attorney general for "refusing to enforce a legal order." Replacement already sworn in.

Nawa for Trump oooo

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 5:19am On Jan 31, 2017
lionlee216:
President fires acting attorney general for "refusing to enforce a legal order." Replacement already sworn in.

Nawa for Trump oooo
Sally Yates, as an Obama appointee, should have resigned rather than allow herself to be fired by an unstable president.

But it's scary that Trump thinks he can run the country as a one-man business. I mean, how on earth can a President issue a far-reaching Executive order without consulting the DHS, State Dept or USCIS?
Even President Reagan acted in a more rational way when dealing with sensitive goby matters.

I'll try my best to support Trump whenever he acts in a way that is in the best interest of America; but count me out of supporting any moronic and idiotic initiatives from his White House.

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Missy89(f): 5:49am On Jan 31, 2017
Appleyard:

Facts don't lie. Did the Serbs proved that stealth doesn't give you invisibility? Yes or no? Answer that.

And what is the relevance of them agreeing to a peace deal vis stealth and alledged invincibility?

If their sams was capable of stopping the bombing raid, why did they have Milosevic appeal to the US to stop the bombing and why did they move their heavy wepons away from Sarajevo?

Why would any army lobby for peace if the enemy is not invincible?

Not adding up

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 6:00am On Jan 31, 2017
A new twist to the "Steve Bannon saga". Apparently, an amendment to the National Security Act in 2007 requires Senate confirmation for anyone, who isn't a member of the statutory principals' committee, to sit in NSC meetings.

So, Mr Bannon, who is a political counselor to the president, may sit in an NSC meeting but can't be a permanent member of the body.
See 50 USC

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 6:12am On Jan 31, 2017
Lucasbalo:
Like my Buddy Adminisher said, while the civilized countries of the World criticize Trump and Third World countries of Africa with no good roads and electricity supports the Racist Trump. Inferiority complex.
CFCman:

Sally Yates, as an Obama appointee, should have resigned rather than allow herself to be fired by an unstable president.

But it's scary that Trump thinks he can run the country as a one-man business. I mean, how on earth can a President issue a far-reaching Executive order without consulting the DHS, State Dept or USCIS?
Even President Reagan acted in a more rational way when dealing with sensitive goby matters.

I'll try my best to support Trump whenever he acts in a way that is in the best interest of America; but count me out of supporting any moronic and idiotic initiatives from his White House.

There is little difference between trump and 90% of our governors and presidents. Blatant disrespect for rule of law, focus on loyalty rather than competence, flat out demagogy, nepotism, corruption.

The longer the man is in that office the more the damage to America.

Trump is channelling nixon. Google Saturday night massacre nixon

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 6:28am On Jan 31, 2017
oyb:

There is little difference between trump and 90% of our governors and presidents. Blatant disrespect for rule of law, focus on loyalty rather than competence, flat out demagogy, nepotism, corruption.

This country is in for a very long 4 years.

But I also suspect that Paul Ryan, Mitch McConnell, Mike Pence and Steve Bannon are pulling the strings behind the scenes. In Trump, they see a willing tool and the public face of the Republican base's most extreme policy positions.

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Lucasbalo(m): 8:23am On Jan 31, 2017
CFCman:

I told you I was a young boy going through youthful exuberance when the Gipper was the president and I thought Reagan was the devil but the idiotic Trump beats him hands down. I hope Trump won't do irreparable damage to the US. Maybe devil himself sends trump to teach America unforgettable lesson. The Trumpy dude is as scary as a devil . He did not consult all those people you mentioned, he didn't even consult the leading congressional members of his own party. He's taking after his despotic idol Putin. God help America and Americans.

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Modsbuty: 1:31pm On Jan 31, 2017
grin

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Modsbuty: 2:07pm On Jan 31, 2017
CNN

"President Donald J. Trump is determined to protect the rights of all Americans, including the LGBTQ community," the White House said in a statement.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Modsbuty: 2:39pm On Jan 31, 2017
Newt Gingrich: Schumer could bring up a few tears for people being held in an airport, but 4,000 people being shot in Chicago didn't bring him to tears. Protecting Americans never seems to be liberal Democrats' first duty.

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by obixcel(m): 2:51pm On Jan 31, 2017
CFCman:

Trump is right on on dis action, He ain't playing at all, you don't do ur job, u're FIRED!!. Did Yates think she was still under Obama administration?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Lucasbalo(m): 2:54pm On Jan 31, 2017
oyb:

The citizens of the underdeveloped Third world countries leaking Trump behind forgets that trump's mother was from Scotland while his Grandfather was from Germany hence is Fuhrer way of xenophobia. Two of his three wives were not American born. My point is that a man whose bloodline is full of people that came outside of America is so bigoted against other people like his progenitors. An injustice to One is an Injustice to All.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Modsbuty: 3:58pm On Jan 31, 2017
Poll: Only 15% of Donald Trump Voters Trust Media

smiley

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Modsbuty: 3:59pm On Jan 31, 2017
Breaking News: The Senate Committee approves former Gov. Rick Perry for energy secretary.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Modsbuty: 4:12pm On Jan 31, 2017
BREAKING: President Trump to sign executive order on cybersecurity - White House

grin

Moving at jet speed
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Modsbuty: 6:05pm On Jan 31, 2017
"CNN: Islamic Group Excludes Breitbart from Press Event, then Slams Trump for Excluding Migrants"

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 6:29pm On Jan 31, 2017
Appleyard:

Hahahahahahahaaaaaaaaa! Appleyard of Moskow - You're the best of the best! grin cheesy grin

5 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) ... (539)

Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live / Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc / American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.