Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,605 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:58 PM

Yakubu Is Finished (His Injury) - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Yakubu Is Finished (His Injury) (9128 Views)

Mourinho Speaks About The Champions League, The Epl, And His Injury Concerns / Yakubu Aiyegbeni With His Wife & Daughters (Holiday Pictures) / Okocha: Yakubu Is Not The Solution To Nigeria's Attacking Problems! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yakubu Is Finished (His Injury) by Ibime(m): 8:21pm On Nov 30, 2008
Can a 33 year old man with a rotund body size return from a season long injury like the one Yakubu suffered today?
Re: Yakubu Is Finished (His Injury) by bawomolo(m): 8:46pm On Nov 30, 2008
yakubu is 26 years of age fool tongue
Re: Yakubu Is Finished (His Injury) by Ibime(m): 8:48pm On Nov 30, 2008
bawomolo:

In dog years maybe. grin
Re: Yakubu Is Finished (His Injury) by A40(m): 1:50am On Dec 01, 2008
bawomolo:

My friend if you believe that then you can believe anything
Ibime:

In dog years maybe. grin
ROFLMAO
Re: Yakubu Is Finished (His Injury) by 4Play(m): 1:54am On Dec 01, 2008
Who remembers Yakubu from the Nigerian FA Cup back in the days? Was it NEPA Lagos he played for then?

I remember one dude -James Terna - who was playing for NEPA Lagos. This dinosaur claimed to be 14. According to Sports Souvenir(a popular Naija sports weekly), European scouts took one look at him and decided the lie was too much.
Re: Yakubu Is Finished (His Injury) by tosinadeda: 2:05am On Dec 01, 2008
see dem, yeye nigerians.
your striker is down with an injury, that might make him miss the rest of the season and theworld cup qualifiers and ure here sayn shit
Re: Yakubu Is Finished (His Injury) by A40(m): 2:29am On Dec 01, 2008
Make we hear word bo!! is he the first one that would cop an injury? we have capable replacements in Martins and Uche!besides didn't we miss the last world cup when he was available
Re: Yakubu Is Finished (His Injury) by MrCrackles(m): 2:29am On Dec 01, 2008
Ibime:

In dog years maybe. grin

grin grin grin
Re: Yakubu Is Finished (His Injury) by bawomolo(m): 3:39am On Dec 01, 2008
4 Play:

Who remembers Yakubu from the Nigerian FA Cup back in the days? Was it NEPA Lagos he played for then?

I remember one dude -James Terna - who was playing for NEPA Lagos. This dinosaur claimed to be 14. According to Sports Souvenir(a popular Naija sports weekly), European scouts took one look at him and decided the lie was too much.

nigerian ballers and their wayo cheesy
Re: Yakubu Is Finished (His Injury) by dayokanu(m): 8:24am On Dec 01, 2008
who remembers Wilson Oruma scoring an equaliser for Bendel Insurance against Stationary Stores in Lagos to force a replay in FA Challenge cup 1991 before he captained the U-17 team to Japan 1993 as a 16 year old.

Or Victor Ikpeba whose wife Atinuke died at the age of 36 while Ikpeba was 24 and they had an 11 year old daughter
Re: Yakubu Is Finished (His Injury) by Ifeniyi22(m): 8:37am On Dec 01, 2008
Who remembers Julius 'the somersaulting Aghahowa who was reported to be a police corporal before he played for the flying eagles at Nig 99.haba shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
The guy can hardly jump grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Roger Milla's record of oldest world cup scorer would have been in serious danger if only our players gave their actually ages at the beginning of their careers.
Re: Yakubu Is Finished (His Injury) by tkb417(m): 8:43am On Dec 01, 2008
yakubu is 26 years of age fool

add 10 to it
Re: Yakubu Is Finished (His Injury) by dayokanu(m): 8:56am On Dec 01, 2008
Ifeniyi,

You are right. I wonder where the dude is right now. I mean Aghahowa

@ Topic,
So Yak is injured till the end of the season? Kadiri Ikhana's daughter is in trouble!!!!! Everyday straffing!!!!
Re: Yakubu Is Finished (His Injury) by Ibime(m): 9:38am On Dec 01, 2008
Ibime:

Can a 33 year old man with a rotund body size return from a season long injury like the one Yakubu suffered today?

I guess we should ask Ronaldo Lima tongue
Re: Yakubu Is Finished (His Injury) by zukkymike(m): 10:22am On Dec 01, 2008
we nigerians dont value what we have, that guy has done so much for nigerians instead of us to pray for his quick recovery we are busy talking about his age, too bad of us.
Re: Yakubu Is Finished (His Injury) by tkb417(m): 10:40am On Dec 01, 2008
we nigerians don't value what we have, that guy has done so much for nigerians instead of us to pray for his quick recovery we are busy talking about his age, too bad of us.

sharrap. y u no fit pray for the guy
Re: Yakubu Is Finished (His Injury) by tosinadeda: 10:51am On Dec 01, 2008
tkb417:

sharrap. y u no fit pray for the guy

as in seriously wut u guys are doing aint right at all angry

if u wanna talk about his age, open a thread for it, not even wen he has a life threatening injury
gosh angry
Re: Yakubu Is Finished (His Injury) by AloyEmeka9: 11:13am On Dec 01, 2008
He will but how long it takes is the problem. Remember the same thing happened to Amokachi.
Re: Yakubu Is Finished (His Injury) by smile4kenn(m): 12:24pm On Dec 01, 2008
na wa oo, i don laugh tire,

am enjoying this topic
Re: Yakubu Is Finished (His Injury) by tkb417(m): 1:12pm On Dec 01, 2008
as in seriously what u guys are doing aint right at all

if u want to talk about his age, open a thread for it, not even when he has a life threatening injury
gosh

i dont care. does he share with me his wage weekly?
Fyi, i dont carry ur passport!! im a Ghanian tongue
abi u don see me support ur super eagles b4?
Re: Yakubu Is Finished (His Injury) by Ibime(m): 2:17pm On Dec 01, 2008
tosinadeda:

as in seriously what u guys are doing aint right at all angry

if u want to talk about his age, open a thread for it, not even when he has a life threatening injury
gosh angry

life threatening ogini? Injury na injury, we only highlight his age because injury to a 33 year old is not the same as injury to a 26 year old. Just ask Ronaldo Lima. God bless him and I hope he can recover his career, but as far as I am concerned, this is a blessing in disguise for Super Eagles. If he can take his brothers Utaka and Kanu with him, then we might actually have a chance with younger legs.
Re: Yakubu Is Finished (His Injury) by Akolawole(m): 2:55pm On Dec 01, 2008
Ibime:

life threatening ogini? Injury na injury, we only highlight his age because injury to a 33 year old is not the same as injury to a 26 year old. Just ask Ronaldo Lima. God bless him and I hope he can recover his career, but as far as I am concerned, this is a blessing in disguise for Super Eagles. If he can take his brothers Utaka and Kanu with him, then we might actually have a chance with younger legs.

we got to be careful of other's misfortune(s).
Re: Yakubu Is Finished (His Injury) by 4Play(m): 2:58pm On Dec 01, 2008
When you are as old as the Yak, achilles tendon injury na life threatening injury. grin
Re: Yakubu Is Finished (His Injury) by bawomolo(m): 6:55pm On Dec 01, 2008
4 Play:

When you are as old as the Yak, achilles tendon injury na life threatening injury. grin

make baba yak go recover for village. goodluck old chap . stay off the pounded yam cheesy
Re: Yakubu Is Finished (His Injury) by DrKitaun(m): 9:05pm On Dec 01, 2008
trust me, the Yak would soon be back . . . cool at least Roger Milla played footie till he was 50 something grin

4play

he played for Okomu Oil before playing for Julius Berger then and was the hottest thing in our local league . . .
Re: Yakubu Is Finished (His Injury) by 4Play(m): 9:13pm On Dec 01, 2008
Dr Kitaun:

4play

he played for Okomu Oil before playing for Julius Berger then and was the hottest thing in our local league . . .

Was it for Okomu Oil he shone for in the Cup? I knew he played for a Lagos club but I thought it was NEPA Lagos. He's probably in his early 30s.
Re: Yakubu Is Finished (His Injury) by tobozi: 9:41pm On Dec 01, 2008
no mind yak,for club d guy go dey play with all his life, but 4 country d guy go dey play big boy game.make he go rest jo
Re: Yakubu Is Finished (His Injury) by A40(m): 9:50pm On Dec 01, 2008
tobozi:

no mind yak,for club d guy go dey play with all his life, but 4 country d guy go dey play big boy game.make he go rest jo
My point exactly! this is why i don't even think he would be missed
Re: Yakubu Is Finished (His Injury) by Ibime(m): 10:41pm On Dec 01, 2008
Yak was a painter back in 1995. The chap that discovered him said "I found him as a poor man, he was a painter back then. He had good skills but he was raw so I trained him for a couple of years and then he went on to play in the local league". I remember reading this on Nigeriaworld.com a few years ago. He was at Okomu Oil from 1995 to 1998 before going to Julius Berger.
Re: Yakubu Is Finished (His Injury) by 4Play(m): 10:51pm On Dec 01, 2008
Person fit be painter in their early teens though. So his pro career dates back 13 years, that he means he was a child prodigy playing professional football at 13.

The one I never really understood was Sunday Oliseh. Apparently, he played in some University tourney in the late 90s. People kept referring to him as a graduate. He must have been an academic prodigy.
Re: Yakubu Is Finished (His Injury) by Ibime(m): 11:16pm On Dec 01, 2008
4 Play:

He must have been an academic prodigy.

grin grin grin grin grin The guy is multi-talented.

What of Olofinjana who has a degree in Chemical Engineering from LASU?

Although to be fair to him, he only started his football career at 21, thats why he is still going strong.

I remember Igenewari George who was in Comprehensive Secondary School which was near my house in Borokiri, PH. We used to go and play there everyday. When he was in SS3, I must have been 7 years old, yet he was supposed to be 16 in Ecuador 1995 . . . . I turned 13 in 1996 . . .
Re: Yakubu Is Finished (His Injury) by 4Play(m): 11:44pm On Dec 01, 2008
Come, na true say NFA strictly instruct our U17 boys make dem no comot their shirts when they score, so people no go see their hairy chests? shocked

Was it Philip Osondu or Odartey Lamptey that reacted badly to growth hormones? Club medics thought the guy was a growing teenager and tried to enhance his height, like they did to Messi.

As for the Yak, I hope he recovers quickly, although, he is no use to Nigeria anymore

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ejowvokoghene Odururu After Winning 200M At World Youth Championships In Ukraine / FIFA Women World Cup: Sweden, Spain Make Semi Finals / Moses, Mikel To Miss Burkina Faso Friendly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.