Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,164 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:15 AM

Lagos And Ogun Control 55% Of Nigeria Economy- Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos And Ogun Control 55% Of Nigeria Economy- Jonathan (3409 Views)

Whoever Win 55% Of Southwest Wins The General Election / The Government Cannot Perform Magic To Develop The Economy – Jonathan / Don’t Politicise The Economy, Jonathan Tells Govs! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos And Ogun Control 55% Of Nigeria Economy- Jonathan by Nobody: 5:40pm On Nov 29, 2014
President Goodluck Jonathan yesterday said Nigeria
would overcome her current challenges, just as he
regretted the emergence of Aminu Tambuwal as
Speaker of the House of Representatives at the
expense of Mulikat Akande-Adeola, the Peoples
Democratic Party preferred candidate for the position.
President Jonathan, who made the declaration in Ile-
Ife, while addressing a day summit, organised by the
Yoruba Concerned Leaders with the theme: “Nigeria
Development: Whither the Yoruba” extolled the virtues
of Yoruba people, describing their contributions to all
spheres of the nation’s life as “exemplary”.
He, however, hinged the inability of Akande-Adeola to
emerge Speaker to the decision by some people from
the region, who “thought otherwise”.
He said “one of the problems I face is the National
Assembly. Our party has arrangement for positions.
When a president and vice president emerge from
different regions, other offices – the Senate President,
Secretary to the Government of the Federation, the
party chairman and Speaker of House of
Representatives must come from different geo-
political zones.
“The idea is that when we are to decide, people in
these positions meet with us to decide on crucial
things. In that case we want every geo-politically
zones to be represented in that inner caucus of our
party.
Last time, it was difficult for me because I insisted that
South West must get Speaker but some of us within
South West didn’t want that because of personal
ambition and I am still suffering for that till today.
“That is why I am telling our leaders here that this time
around we must work together and ensure that
whatever position that is zoned to South West, we
must get and no one should rob us of it”.
Speaking further at the event held at Oduduwa Hall in
Obafemi Awolowo University, OAU, Ile Ife, Jonathan
averred that his administration had been fair to the
people of South West and assured that the import of
the strategic position the region occupies, as touches
on the economy of the country, is not lost on his
administration.
Referring to the assertion by businessman and
politician, Barrister Jimoh Ibrahim, who in his remarks
earlier, relied on the World Bank poverty ratings of
regions in the country which listed South West as
having 16 per cent while North East has the highest
rate of 52 per cent, Jonathan maintained that South
West region would continue to enjoy robust economy
owing to the active economic activities around Lagos
and Ogun states which, according to him, has almost
55 per cent of the nation’s economic activities.
“When Jimoh was talking about World Bank statistics
of the poverty rate in regions in the country, he said
South West has least in the country. In fact, Lagos and
Ogun contributed almost 55 per cent of the economic
activities.
So, we know where the wealth is, the infrastructures
there must be provided,” Jonathan said.

http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/i-regret-emergence-
of-tambuwal-as-speaker-jonathan/
Re: Lagos And Ogun Control 55% Of Nigeria Economy- Jonathan by Lafem(m): 6:12pm On Nov 29, 2014
That's interesting when one considers that it's coming from the President (who ought to know such facts and figures being the 'Oga at the top' and all). Now, if just the two states control that much, which of the remaining 34 states come control the remainder??

4 Likes

Re: Lagos And Ogun Control 55% Of Nigeria Economy- Jonathan by superstar1(m): 6:30pm On Nov 29, 2014
grin cheesy grin grin

People from the red mud land of setting sun will have heart attack over this.

No wonder they keep trooping to our blessed land, like ants will troop towards sugar.

One love to all, from the blessed land of Odua.

28 Likes

Re: Lagos And Ogun Control 55% Of Nigeria Economy- Jonathan by Nobody: 6:42pm On Nov 29, 2014
I was here
Re: Lagos And Ogun Control 55% Of Nigeria Economy- Jonathan by Sunnybobo3(m): 6:49pm On Nov 29, 2014
Yes 55% of economic activities take place in Lagos and Ogun but we know those who run the show and they are not from that region. The same people own 72% of landed property in Abuja according to El-Rufai the then minister for FCT.

14 Likes

Re: Lagos And Ogun Control 55% Of Nigeria Economy- Jonathan by Nobody: 6:49pm On Nov 29, 2014
He mean d opposite.Dey consume 55% and contributes less to d economy.
quote me and find urself in HADES

3 Likes

Re: Lagos And Ogun Control 55% Of Nigeria Economy- Jonathan by MisterLongman(m): 6:50pm On Nov 29, 2014
Lafem:
That's interesting when one considers that it's coming from the President (who ought to know such facts and figures being the 'Oga at the top' and all). Now, if just the two states control that much, which of the remaining 34 states come control the remainder??
Its 2015 baby grin.....
Anything for the votes, believe that at your own peril

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos And Ogun Control 55% Of Nigeria Economy- Jonathan by vedaxcool(m): 6:53pm On Nov 29, 2014
I know some people would be sadden by this story, any way whatever propaganda APC is aiming at I don't care

GEJ till 2014 no shaking!

5 Likes

Re: Lagos And Ogun Control 55% Of Nigeria Economy- Jonathan by slimfit1(m): 6:57pm On Nov 29, 2014
I'm in ariya I'm coming
Re: Lagos And Ogun Control 55% Of Nigeria Economy- Jonathan by 01emek(m): 6:57pm On Nov 29, 2014
Every yuroba man knows that what he is saying is false..

Jonathan using the brain of gullible cone head since 2007 grin

8 Likes

Re: Lagos And Ogun Control 55% Of Nigeria Economy- Jonathan by Nobody: 7:01pm On Nov 29, 2014
Sunnybobo3:
Yes 55% of economic activities take place in Lagos and Ogun but we know those who run the show and they are not from that region. The same people own 72% of landed property in Abuja according to El-Rufai the then minister for FCT.
ok
Re: Lagos And Ogun Control 55% Of Nigeria Economy- Jonathan by Akinsz: 7:03pm On Nov 29, 2014
vedaxcool:
I know some people would be sadden by this story, any way whatever propaganda APC is aiming at I don't care

GEJ till 2014 no shaking!
and buhari in 2015. ( i complete am for you)

1 Like

Re: Lagos And Ogun Control 55% Of Nigeria Economy- Jonathan by AJINATU: 7:06pm On Nov 29, 2014
Although Jonathan isnt far from the truth but he still remains a failure and i wouldnt vote for him unless he fufills the promise he made to me cheesycheesy which is to help balkanise Nigeria totally cheesy
Re: Lagos And Ogun Control 55% Of Nigeria Economy- Jonathan by lilflipnerd: 7:07pm On Nov 29, 2014
Jonah d whinner...
Re: Lagos And Ogun Control 55% Of Nigeria Economy- Jonathan by AJINATU: 7:11pm On Nov 29, 2014
MisterLongman:

Its 2015 baby grin.....
Anything for the votes, believe that at your own peril
Is it a lie that Lagos & Ogun are the haven for FDI's coming to Nigeria?

Is it a lie that almost 90 % of the multi national companies in Nigeria have their HQ in Lagos?

Is it a lie that Ogun has the higest number of Industries & Universities in Nigeria?

Is it a lie that Lagos-Ibadan expressway with 70% of it within the Ogun axis is the most strategic road in Nigeria?

4 Likes

Re: Lagos And Ogun Control 55% Of Nigeria Economy- Jonathan by emiye(m): 7:14pm On Nov 29, 2014
That is the simple truth, take it or leave it. Those two states are showing signs they can succesfully do without oil money.

More industrial companies trooping in to Ogun state, Oyo state is also gradually catching the fever,at least 3 big industries will be commissioned in less than 6 months from now in Ibadan, Oyo state.

5 Likes

Re: Lagos And Ogun Control 55% Of Nigeria Economy- Jonathan by FKO81(m): 7:15pm On Nov 29, 2014
Similar speech he made when he flaged- up second niger bridge in Onitsha.
Re: Lagos And Ogun Control 55% Of Nigeria Economy- Jonathan by MisterLongman(m): 7:18pm On Nov 29, 2014
AJINATU:
Is it a lie that Lagos & Ogun are the haven for FDI's coming to Nigeria?

Is it a lie that almost 90 % of the multi national companies in Nigeria have their HQ in Lagos?

Is it a lie that Ogun has the higest number of Industries & Universities in Nigeria?

Is it a lie that Lagos-Ibadan expressway with 70% of it within the Ogun axis is the most strategic road in Nigeria?
And that amounts to 55% of the economy of 36 states and a federal capital territory...
Abeg no dey yarn dust again
Re: Lagos And Ogun Control 55% Of Nigeria Economy- Jonathan by AJINATU: 7:24pm On Nov 29, 2014
MisterLongman:

And that amounts to 55% of the economy of 36 states and a federal capital territory...
YES !!!

More than half of the all non-Oil investment in Nigeria are within Lagos & Ogun

2 Likes

Re: Lagos And Ogun Control 55% Of Nigeria Economy- Jonathan by hardywaltz(m): 7:27pm On Nov 29, 2014
Tomorrow when he visits Akwa Ibom he will say they contribute 70% of Nigeria's economy
Clueless one

5 Likes

Re: Lagos And Ogun Control 55% Of Nigeria Economy- Jonathan by edababa007(m): 7:28pm On Nov 29, 2014
Election is coming... oga Jona, we already know

1 Like

Re: Lagos And Ogun Control 55% Of Nigeria Economy- Jonathan by SLIDEwaxie(m): 7:31pm On Nov 29, 2014
Lemme be an Igbo bigot:
Lagos is developed by us .
Ogun only enjoys proximity to Lagos.

Now, one wonders how TANoids reason

5 Likes

Re: Lagos And Ogun Control 55% Of Nigeria Economy- Jonathan by MisterLongman(m): 7:46pm On Nov 29, 2014
AJINATU:
YES !!!

More than half of the all non-Oil investment in Nigeria are within Lagos & Ogun
Story for the gods......
Provide statistical evidence not assumptions
Re: Lagos And Ogun Control 55% Of Nigeria Economy- Jonathan by Nobody: 7:52pm On Nov 29, 2014
Oops my people are attacking Jonathan grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Lagos And Ogun Control 55% Of Nigeria Economy- Jonathan by ChristyG(f): 7:52pm On Nov 29, 2014
Sunnybobo3:
hahahah,d idiocy of u igbo pple tho.u developed it but ur own region is a sh1thole and is not half developed as d west,dat is why u pple are rushing dere while nobody gives a phuck about ur region.shame on u for claiming other's work.stop living in denial dumbo,oh i thought ibo pple only go to lagos so u pple ave started claiming ogun too abi?yeye pple

16 Likes

Re: Lagos And Ogun Control 55% Of Nigeria Economy- Jonathan by Yeske2(m): 7:54pm On Nov 29, 2014
What's the % of London's GDP relative to Great Britain? Story that touches, GEJ must leave

1 Like

Re: Lagos And Ogun Control 55% Of Nigeria Economy- Jonathan by Sunnybobo3(m): 7:58pm On Nov 29, 2014
ChristyG:
hahahah,d idiocy of u igbo pple tho.u developed it but ur own region is a sh1thole and is not half developed as d west,dat is why u pple are rushing dere while nobody gives a phuck about ur region.shame on u for claiming other's work.stop living in denial dumbo,oh i thought ibo pple only go to lagos so u pple ave started claiming ogun too abi?yeye pple

Cry me a river son!

2 Likes

Re: Lagos And Ogun Control 55% Of Nigeria Economy- Jonathan by politifact: 7:59pm On Nov 29, 2014
rahazaqa:
President Goodluck Jonathan yesterday said Nigeria
would overcome her current challenges, just as he
regretted the emergence of Aminu Tambuwal as
Speaker of the House of Representatives at the
expense of Mulikat Akande-Adeola, the Peoples
Democratic Party preferred candidate for the position.
President Jonathan, who made the declaration in Ile-
Ife, while addressing a day summit, organised by the
Yoruba Concerned Leaders with the theme: “Nigeria
Development: Whither the Yoruba” extolled the virtues
of Yoruba people, describing their contributions to all
spheres of the nation’s life as “exemplary”.
He, however, hinged the inability of Akande-Adeola to
emerge Speaker to the decision by some people from
the region, who “thought otherwise”.
He said “one of the problems I face is the National
Assembly. Our party has arrangement for positions.
When a president and vice president emerge from
different regions, other offices – the Senate President,
Secretary to the Government of the Federation, the
party chairman and Speaker of House of
Representatives must come from different geo-
political zones.
“The idea is that when we are to decide, people in
these positions meet with us to decide on crucial
things. In that case we want every geo-politically
zones to be represented in that inner caucus of our
party.
Last time, it was difficult for me because I insisted that
South West must get Speaker but some of us within
South West didn’t want that because of personal
ambition and I am still suffering for that till today.
“That is why I am telling our leaders here that this time
around we must work together and ensure that
whatever position that is zoned to South West, we
must get and no one should rob us of it”.
Speaking further at the event held at Oduduwa Hall in
Obafemi Awolowo University, OAU, Ile Ife, Jonathan
averred that his administration had been fair to the
people of South West and assured that the import of
the strategic position the region occupies, as touches
on the economy of the country, is not lost on his
administration.
Referring to the assertion by businessman and
politician, Barrister Jimoh Ibrahim, who in his remarks
earlier, relied on the World Bank poverty ratings of
regions in the country which listed South West as
having 16 per cent while North East has the highest
rate of 52 per cent, Jonathan maintained that South
West region would continue to enjoy robust economy
owing to the active economic activities around Lagos
and Ogun states which, according to him, has almost
55 per cent of the nation’s economic activities.
“When Jimoh was talking about World Bank statistics
of the poverty rate in regions in the country, he said
South West has least in the country. In fact, Lagos and
Ogun contributed almost 55 per cent of the economic
activities.
So, we know where the wealth is, the infrastructures
there must be provided,” Jonathan said.

http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/i-regret-emergence-
of-tambuwal-as-speaker-jonathan/
All these propaganda won't save slowpoke jonathan come feb 14 2015.hope inec produce our PVC's

3 Likes

Re: Lagos And Ogun Control 55% Of Nigeria Economy- Jonathan by walemoney007(m): 8:08pm On Nov 29, 2014
ofiafuluego:
He mean d opposite.Dey consume 55% and contributes less to d economy.
quote me and find urself in HADES
name one state in d south east or south south dat has more industry dan ogun state
Re: Lagos And Ogun Control 55% Of Nigeria Economy- Jonathan by Ghost01(m): 8:10pm On Nov 29, 2014
Story for the TANoids.
Re: Lagos And Ogun Control 55% Of Nigeria Economy- Jonathan by Lafem(m): 8:12pm On Nov 29, 2014
Sunnybobo3:

Am sorry but what does el-rufai's comment in relation to igbo property ownership in Abuja have to do with this? Sounds more like u have an inferiority complex else you wouldn't feel the need to repeat the played out "igbos dominate the rest of Nigeria" rubbish. Can't we all just get along and appreciate our differences and strengths rather than fighting about who's got the biggest ballz Empty vessels ... You know the rest.

1 Like

Re: Lagos And Ogun Control 55% Of Nigeria Economy- Jonathan by AJINATU: 8:12pm On Nov 29, 2014
walemoney007:
name one state in d south east or south south dat has more industry dan ogun state
NONE

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari And Dictatorship: How DSS Should Have Notified The Judges(picture) / God Bless Saraki, See His Tweet About Southern Kaduna / Situation Reports Show Saraki May Lose Saturday’s Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.