Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,897 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:03 AM

Lagos And Ogun Control 55% Of Nigeria Economy- Jonathan - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos And Ogun Control 55% Of Nigeria Economy- Jonathan (3420 Views)

Whoever Win 55% Of Southwest Wins The General Election / The Government Cannot Perform Magic To Develop The Economy – Jonathan / Don’t Politicise The Economy, Jonathan Tells Govs! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos And Ogun Control 55% Of Nigeria Economy- Jonathan by Sunnybobo3(m): 8:15pm On Nov 29, 2014
Lafem:

How come you find it convenient to quote El-Rufai, an opposition politician, and give his statement more credence than your beloved GEJ?? That don't sound right!

Do you have a problem with comprehension? I started my post by affirming what GEJ said.
Re: Lagos And Ogun Control 55% Of Nigeria Economy- Jonathan by Lafem(m): 8:28pm On Nov 29, 2014
Sunnybobo3:

Do you have a problem with comprehension? I started my post by affirming what GEJ said.

My bad then, but what does el-rufai's comment in relation to igbo property ownership in Abuja have to do with this? Sounds more like u have an inferiority complex else you wouldn't feel the need to repeat the played out "igbos dominate the rest of Nigeria/Igbo supremacist" rubbish. Can't we all just get along and appreciate our differences and strengths rather than fighting about who's got the biggest ballz. Empty vessels ... You know the rest.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos And Ogun Control 55% Of Nigeria Economy- Jonathan by VirginFinder: 8:38pm On Nov 29, 2014
Sunnybobo3:

Cry me a river son!

Stale pix!
You are a dullard!!

No Igbo man has anything near Adenuga's mansion in Banana Island.

6 Likes

Re: Lagos And Ogun Control 55% Of Nigeria Economy- Jonathan by Toosure70: 8:51pm On Nov 29, 2014
You? You decieved nigeria and men of God 2011. This time you can not decieve anybody. U will be decieved by Nigerian.

1 Like

Re: Lagos And Ogun Control 55% Of Nigeria Economy- Jonathan by rildwanullahi(m): 8:53pm On Nov 29, 2014
AJINATU:
Is it a lie that Lagos & Ogun are the haven for FDI's coming to Nigeria?

Is it a lie that almost 90 % of the multi national companies in Nigeria have their HQ in Lagos?

Is it a lie that Ogun has the higest number of Industries & Universities in Nigeria?

Is it a lie that Lagos-Ibadan expressway with 70% of it within the Ogun axis is the most strategic road in Nigeria?
and then what has that same road not being abandoned a long time ago until recently
Re: Lagos And Ogun Control 55% Of Nigeria Economy- Jonathan by rildwanullahi(m): 8:54pm On Nov 29, 2014
AJINATU:
Is it a lie that Lagos & Ogun are the haven for FDI's coming to Nigeria?

Is it a lie that almost 90 % of the multi national companies in Nigeria have their HQ in Lagos?

Is it a lie that Ogun has the higest number of Industries & Universities in Nigeria?

Is it a lie that Lagos-Ibadan expressway with 70% of it within the Ogun axis is the most strategic road in Nigeria?
and then what has that same road not being abandoned a long time ago until recently is it not PDP DAT ruled Ogun in the last two elections
Re: Lagos And Ogun Control 55% Of Nigeria Economy- Jonathan by Ayekotoo(m): 9:50pm On Nov 29, 2014
Jonathan, the incompetent one dishing out figures from his buttocks since 2010.
Re: Lagos And Ogun Control 55% Of Nigeria Economy- Jonathan by Ayekotoo(m): 9:52pm On Nov 29, 2014
Jonathan deceiving the illiterates and gullible ones since 2010.
Re: Lagos And Ogun Control 55% Of Nigeria Economy- Jonathan by Ayekotoo(m): 9:53pm On Nov 29, 2014
Mr president that shivers at the mention of Tompolo and Asari Dokubo.
Re: Lagos And Ogun Control 55% Of Nigeria Economy- Jonathan by whugo(m): 10:18pm On Nov 29, 2014
You suppose don grow pass this kind of thing na

SMH!
Re: Lagos And Ogun Control 55% Of Nigeria Economy- Jonathan by Tokunbohkinibig: 10:21pm On Nov 29, 2014
Sunnybobo3:
Yes 55% of economic activities take place in Lagos and Ogun but we know those who run the show and they are not from that region. The same people own 72% of landed property in Abuja according to El-Rufai the then minister for FCT.

hahaha lol!!!!! keep living on forlorn hope with your other clans. Can you imagine Mexicans building America on behalf of American citizens while their own country is left in a shameful state............. isn't that repulsive?
Re: Lagos And Ogun Control 55% Of Nigeria Economy- Jonathan by jayonpoint(m): 10:27pm On Nov 29, 2014
Ghost01:
Story for the TANoids.
Cry baby! Only d gullible will fall for dis antic. Learner trying to beat his master to d game bt failed to realize dat d game is on n only d chess master cn play it. Yorubas ar wiser since Adam. Jonathan tinks d yorubas are fool n reason thru their anus like his cluelessness.

I remba wen sanusi was suspended, d same yoruba leaders visited d villa n demanded for d CBN post to b zone to d region bt as usual he turned deaf hear wit his igbo collaborators. He deliberately marginalise d yorubas tinkin he was punishing dem for losing d second rubber-stamp of d legislature. Who doesn't knw except d no knw hw gullible nigerians dat making tambuwal d speaker was d best thin for our democracy, else it wld hv bn worse Dan we have @hand already. So does it mean there're no other juicy political appointments he cld give to compensate d region? Wat abt d recent aviation ministry which also zone to d east as if he's d president for just d SS/SE. barely 3months to election he suddenly realized hw important d yorubas are in Nigeria politics. wat a shame of a divisive n inept president. after abacha Jonathan is d nxt worst thin dat has happnd to dis con3. Tell me, hw many yoruba obas were @ dat meeting n why wld d president seek a whole region's support @ students campus n during their examinations which threw d students in an inhuman treatment as they had to trekked frm very far distance under serious hardship condition. If he did well n treated d region well n didn't marginalized d region in d political equation I'm sure a open ground where motley crowd wld grace n troop to his presence wld hv b an idea situation bt his failure is his own doing. #Jonathantheworstleadershipstyle to b study in schs! Change is inevitable. Jonathan must go come 2015. APC...change!

1 Like

Re: Lagos And Ogun Control 55% Of Nigeria Economy- Jonathan by BRAV0O(m): 10:48pm On Nov 29, 2014
rahazaqa:
President Goodluck Jonathan yesterday said Nigeria
would overcome her current challenges, just as he
regretted the emergence of Aminu Tambuwal as
Speaker of the House of Representatives at the
expense of Mulikat Akande-Adeola, the Peoples
Democratic Party preferred candidate for the position.
President Jonathan, who made the declaration in Ile-
Ife, while addressing a day summit, organised by the
Yoruba Concerned Leaders with the theme: “Nigeria
Development: Whither the Yoruba” extolled the virtues
of Yoruba people, describing their contributions to all
spheres of the nation’s life as “exemplary”.
He, however, hinged the inability of Akande-Adeola to
emerge Speaker to the decision by some people from
the region, who “thought otherwise”.
He said “one of the problems I face is the National
Assembly. Our party has arrangement for positions.
When a president and vice president emerge from
different regions, other offices – the Senate President,
Secretary to the Government of the Federation, the
party chairman and Speaker of House of
Representatives must come from different geo-
political zones.
“The idea is that when we are to decide, people in
these positions meet with us to decide on crucial
things. In that case we want every geo-politically
zones to be represented in that inner caucus of our
party.
Last time, it was difficult for me because I insisted that
South West must get Speaker but some of us within
South West didn’t want that because of personal
ambition and I am still suffering for that till today.
“That is why I am telling our leaders here that this time
around we must work together and ensure that
whatever position that is zoned to South West, we
must get and no one should rob us of it”.
Speaking further at the event held at Oduduwa Hall in
Obafemi Awolowo University, OAU, Ile Ife, Jonathan
averred that his administration had been fair to the
people of South West and assured that the import of
the strategic position the region occupies, as touches
on the economy of the country, is not lost on his
administration.
Referring to the assertion by businessman and
politician, Barrister Jimoh Ibrahim, who in his remarks
earlier, relied on the World Bank poverty ratings of
regions in the country which listed South West as
having 16 per cent while North East has the highest
rate of 52 per cent, Jonathan maintained that South
West region would continue to enjoy robust economy
owing to the active economic activities around Lagos
and Ogun states which, according to him, has almost
55 per cent of the nation’s economic activities.
“When Jimoh was talking about World Bank statistics
of the poverty rate in regions in the country, he said
South West has least in the country. In fact, Lagos and
Ogun contributed almost 55 per cent of the economic
activities.
So, we know where the wealth is, the infrastructures
there must be provided,” Jonathan said.

http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/i-regret-emergence-
of-tambuwal-as-speaker-jonathan/
hmmmm uncle jona we av hear mean while you can pleas as well save your face and save nigeria from this coming economy tribulation by gracefully descend yourself back to otu-oke come 2015! Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Lagos And Ogun Control 55% Of Nigeria Economy- Jonathan by FreeGlobe(f): 11:26pm On Nov 29, 2014
campaign team to GEJ: make yorubas happy and get their votes. Yorubas control 60% of nations economy. This calls for celebration/owambe
Re: Lagos And Ogun Control 55% Of Nigeria Economy- Jonathan by Nobody: 11:46pm On Nov 29, 2014
Sunnybobo3:

Cry me a river son!
So u know say igbos b stranger for lagos abi
Re: Lagos And Ogun Control 55% Of Nigeria Economy- Jonathan by BlackTechnology: 12:06am On Nov 30, 2014
grin
Some amala people have already fallen for this.

SW controls 55% of the economy and yet there are more mud houses in SW than the SE.

GEJ using cone heads to drink pepper soup. cheesy
Re: Lagos And Ogun Control 55% Of Nigeria Economy- Jonathan by meccuno: 12:17am On Nov 30, 2014
01emek:
Every yuroba man knows that what he is saying is false..

Jonathan using the brain of gullible cone head since 2007 grin
hahahahaha!! Gullible CONE HEADs!! Or is it CON HEADs!! Lolz.....well...my 2 cents...there is aa difference between a location with 55% economic activity and the people of the said location contributing to the 55%......
Re: Lagos And Ogun Control 55% Of Nigeria Economy- Jonathan by Nobody: 12:26am On Nov 30, 2014
meccuno:
hahahahaha!! Gullible CONE HEADs!! Or is it CON HEADs!! Lolz.....well...my 2 cents...there is aa difference between a location with 55% economic activity and the people of the said location contributing to the 55%......

There's clearly a difference between being able to type and making any kind of sense.
Re: Lagos And Ogun Control 55% Of Nigeria Economy- Jonathan by kettykin: 12:27am On Nov 30, 2014
Lagos and Ogun control 55% of the economy or economic activities, this calls for some serious brain work, in a previous thread I broke down the economic activities that take place in lagos and who controls what
Re: Lagos And Ogun Control 55% Of Nigeria Economy- Jonathan by LajaLaba: 1:37am On Nov 30, 2014
How dare u GEJ!!!Ibos developed Lagos Abuja Kano everywhere cool trust me on this right now they busy are developing South Africa wink
Re: Lagos And Ogun Control 55% Of Nigeria Economy- Jonathan by Sunnybobo3(m): 8:47am On Nov 30, 2014
yemaldo:

So u know say igbos b stranger for lagos abi

Just as the man from Ile Ife is a stranger in Lagos.
Re: Lagos And Ogun Control 55% Of Nigeria Economy- Jonathan by Nobody: 3:53pm On Nov 30, 2014
Seun pls Fp na. This is so interesting.
Re: Lagos And Ogun Control 55% Of Nigeria Economy- Jonathan by Jokay07(m): 5:44pm On Nov 30, 2014
superstar1:
grin cheesy grin grin

People from the red mud land of setting sun will have heart attack over this.

No wonder they keep trooping to our blessed land, like ants will troop towards sugar.

One love to all, from the blessed land of Odua.
lolzzz. Funny u
Re: Lagos And Ogun Control 55% Of Nigeria Economy- Jonathan by Unemadu: 6:04pm On Nov 30, 2014
Lie of the century
Re: Lagos And Ogun Control 55% Of Nigeria Economy- Jonathan by Nobody: 6:17pm On Nov 30, 2014
I dont think if you had visited Ibadan and Ekiti, the day you will visit these places you will know that the mud houses in yorubaland in under-reported, forget all these things we are saying here in NL just take a trip to Ibadan and see how disappointed you will be.

Believe me you will never imagine that people still live under those conditions in this 21st century yet we still have government and claim to be the gaint of Africa.

BlackTechnology:
grin
Some amala people have already fallen for this.

SW controls 55% of the economy and yet there are more mud houses in SW than the SE.

GEJ using cone heads to drink pepper soup. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Lagos And Ogun Control 55% Of Nigeria Economy- Jonathan by BlackTechnology: 6:43pm On Nov 30, 2014
BuddahMonk:
I dont think if you had visited Ibadan and Ekiti, the day you will visit these places you will know that the mud houses in yorubaland in under-reported, forget all these things we are saying here in NL just take a trip to Ibadan and see how disappointed you will be.

Believe me you will never imagine that people still live under those conditions in this 21st century yet we still have government and claim to be the gaint of Africa.

Imota in Lagos is an eye sore.

I went there last week and concluded that Yorubas need to check if something is wrong somewhere.

How can the first region to see education be full of mud houses and Igbos who suffered because of war ended up having a better level of development.

Yorubas need to pray because something is wrong somewhere.
Re: Lagos And Ogun Control 55% Of Nigeria Economy- Jonathan by argon500: 6:56pm On Nov 30, 2014
The average poverty rate of the states in the North -West geopolitical zone remained the highest at 71.4 per cent followed by North-East 69.1 per cent and North Central, 60.7 per cent.

The record showed that poverty was least prevalent in the South-West, with an average of 49.8 per cent, followed by South-South, 55.5 per cent and South-East, 59.5 per cent.

Source: http://www.punchng.com/news/sokoto-katsina-top-list-of-poor-states/

Note: The % was rated late 2012.

1 Like

Re: Lagos And Ogun Control 55% Of Nigeria Economy- Jonathan by Nobody: 10:42pm On Nov 30, 2014
Seun pls Fp na

(1) (2) (Reply)

I'm For GOODLUCK, I Can't Vote Otherwise - BARCANISTA / FIRE FOR FIRE! Jonathan Changes Gear, Bombards Fayose | Tells Him To Resign / Obama Invites Ahmed Mohamed, Clock-making Teen Arrested In Texas, To White House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.