Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,267 members, 7,836,211 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:16 PM

Kwankwaso Returns Form, Says Jonathan Seeking Third Term - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kwankwaso Returns Form, Says Jonathan Seeking Third Term (936 Views)

Buhari’s Appointments Are Not Lopsided Says Jonathan’s Former-aide, Omokiri / Kwankwaso’s Aide, Others Defect To PDP / Udoedeghe Again! *picks Apc Nomination Form *says He’ll Succeed Akpabio In 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kwankwaso Returns Form, Says Jonathan Seeking Third Term by john403: 9:42pm On Nov 29, 2014
Source: .com.ng

Kano State Governor and one of the presidential aspirants under the All Progressives Congress (APC) Alhaji Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso has described President Goodluck Jonathan's re- election bid as tantamount to seeking third term in office.

Kwankwaso's position came just as the National Chairman of APC Chief John Oyegun said all the candidates of the party would be made to sign an undertaking to implement its manifestos if elected into office.
The Kano governor who spoke while returning his nomination form to the APC national secretariat in Abuja yesterday argued that President Jonathan began his first tenure after the death President Musa Yar'Adua in 2009 and would be serving out his second by next year.

The Kano governor who moved over to the opposition party last year following irreconcilable difference with his former party the People's Democratic Party (PDP) said Nigerians would not accept anything more than two terms in office.

"As far as we are concerned, this government is serving its second term. They had two years before these four years and if you add it up they cannot be four years. I have checked the constitution several times and I have not seen anything more than eight years and I do t know how they are going to manage it", he said.

He said if APC made him its presidential candidate, the party would be sure of securing the support of more than half of PDP members who would vote for him during the election.

"By this, I believe that the Nigerian people will not accept anything more than second term because anything third term is illegal and it is not acceptable

"Now, they don't want anybody to come close to the presidential contest because he has no hope and he is sure they will lose.

"It was when I started going round the country that I realised that this party is not only strong, but my aspiration as well especially because of my antecedent which they know very well. I am sure that they are rattled by my candidature". he said.

On the challenges of insurgency, he said many people now believed that those who were supposed to protect them did not have the capacity to stop the killing or they were enjoying it.

Oyegun expressed confidence that his party would take over at the center next year.

"What we are going to take over from PDP is a nation that is factually torn into pieces in every facet of human life but I want to assure you that we have people who will take these challenges on.

"We have manifestoes which we are going to commit them to faithfully implementing, as a matter of fact at the screening there will be an undertaking to be signed as regards the implementation of our manifesto." he said.
Re: Kwankwaso Returns Form, Says Jonathan Seeking Third Term by SOUNDKING: 12:08am On Nov 30, 2014
When u talk 2 much, u are bound 2 say something silly.

1 Like

Re: Kwankwaso Returns Form, Says Jonathan Seeking Third Term by chronique(m): 12:17am On Nov 30, 2014
Feb 2015 isn't far again. Whether GEJ wins or loses,doesn't mean much to me now. Just go contest against him. If you win,goodluck to you.

On a more serious note,there'd be a serious crisis after the election;I foresee it.
Re: Kwankwaso Returns Form, Says Jonathan Seeking Third Term by Nobody: 12:19am On Nov 30, 2014
Perhaps Kwakwanso can tell Nigerians when he voted for Jonathan for 1st and second term?
Re: Kwankwaso Returns Form, Says Jonathan Seeking Third Term by dokiOloye(m): 4:05am On Nov 30, 2014
Gov Geidam of Yobe was elected as dep gov but took over in 2009 after d death of d then Gov Senator Mamman Ali.He contested and won in 2011 and is also contesting in 2015,is Kwakwanshit blind n deaf to that?Why single out GEJ?

1 Like

Re: Kwankwaso Returns Form, Says Jonathan Seeking Third Term by nationwide1(m): 4:48am On Nov 30, 2014
A school boy would speak with more sense than Kwankwazo. When OBJ made an outright bid for 3rd term, where was Kwankwazo because I've never seen his name among people that opposed OBJ?

1 Like

Re: Kwankwaso Returns Form, Says Jonathan Seeking Third Term by fitzmayowa: 5:35am On Nov 30, 2014
dokiOloye:
Gov Geidam of Yobe was elected as dep gov but took over in 2009 after d death of d then Gov Senator Mamman Ali.He contested and won in 2011 and is also contesting in 2015,is Kwakwanshit blind n deaf to that?Why single out GEJ?

Talk of double standard...A case of kettle calling pot black...

Maybe another presidential election took place after 2011 in which kwankwanso voted...Yeye dey smell

1 Like

Re: Kwankwaso Returns Form, Says Jonathan Seeking Third Term by divinepips(m): 5:58am On Nov 30, 2014
dokiOloye:
Gov Geidam of Yobe was elected as dep gov but took over in 2009 after d death of d then Gov Senator Mamman Ali.He contested and won in 2001 and is also contesting in 2015,is Kwakwanshit blind n deaf to that?Why single out GEJ?
that is to show u that he is afraid of GEJ.

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Tipped To End Nigeria's Woes / BOMB; Buhari Insulted Prof Soyinka..vom / Jonathan Will Campaign In Borno, Yobe, Adamawa – Gana

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.