Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,326 members, 7,815,642 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:48 PM

10 Sermon Youths Will Most Likely Find Uninteresting - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 10 Sermon Youths Will Most Likely Find Uninteresting (19235 Views)

Youths Set Baptist Church Ablaze In Kano (photo) / 10 Sermons Most Young Ladies Will Likely Turn Deaf Ears To / Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Sermon Youths Will Most Likely Find Uninteresting by tosyne2much(m): 7:25am On Nov 30, 2014
I have to come up with this write up because I am a youth and I know what it feels like to be a youth. This write up is based on my observations and encounter with other youths

Note - I'm not trying to say it applies to all youths so pls don't get it twisted

10 Sermon Youths Will Most Likely Find Uninteresting

1. Never Approach a Lady, Inform Your Pastor
Hmmmmmmm !! I can bet a million dollars that most youths will never find this kind of sermon interesting especially when a pastor condemn the idea of making your intentions known to a lady. They expect you to inform them about it and they would do that on your behalf

2. Never Allow A Male/Female Visitor Into Your Room
This one is a serious case. As a youth, I think the possibility of not allowing female visitors into your room or hostel at the expense of your salvation is next to nill.. I think most youths (students) will most likely turn deaf ears to this kind of sermon

3. Never Ask Questions Inside The Hall
We don't need a philosopher to tell us that an average student would like to communicate with friends during an exam. Hence, when a preacher preaches against communicating with other students even when their booklets are blank, they start looking as if you really want them to fall wink .. I guess an average student will most likely find this kind of sermon uninteresting

4. Pay Your Tithe Regularly Even When You Are In School
I must confess, this is a serious case. We once had this kind of sermon in my fellowship and you need to see the way discomfort and sadness was registered on the faces of virtually all the students ( you see them asking questions here and there )

5. Never Visit Your Fiance When He's Alone
I have listened to a sermon when the preacher condemned going to visit your future partner when he's alone in the house.. The ladies were advised to take their female friends along with them or not go at all. ( Discomfort was registered on the faces of most of ladies during the sermon grin )

6. Application Of Attachments & Make-Up Is A Sin
It takes the grace of God for a young lady to do without apply make-up (even the born again ones ). Ladies apply make-up by one way or the other,either consciously or unconsciously. They tend to start feeling uncomfortable when a preacher condemns the act

7. Fornication
We all know we are now in an era where sex seems to be the talk of the day.. An average youth is most likely to fornicate (does that sound stranger to you ? It shouldn't be 'cos it takes the grace of God to overcome fornication as a youth) Therefore, the probability that they would find this kind of sermon uninteresting is on d high side
( Some of them will start looking as if their ships just sank )

8. Don't Ever Date Until You Are Ready For Marriage
Most preachers preach against having a girlfriend or boyfriend not until you are ready for marriage. Youths of 21st century will never want to hear this. I guess it takes 5 out of 100 youths to do that

9. Stop Chatting On Social Networks
Social media has changed
everything and every youth is
under scrutiny. Youths will likely turn deaf ears to a sermon that has to do with condemnation of facebooking, 2go-ing and whatsapp-ing at the expense of salvation.

10. Never Reduce Your Age For Employment Purpose
Most youths reduce their age for employment purpose so they tend to start finding the sermon uninteresting when they know that using their real age might lower their chances of being employed

Feel free to add yours

Happy Sunday

15 Likes 10 Shares

Re: 10 Sermon Youths Will Most Likely Find Uninteresting by teemanbastos(m): 7:36am On Nov 30, 2014
nt all dese teachings are biblical

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 10 Sermon Youths Will Most Likely Find Uninteresting by MizMyColi(f): 7:38am On Nov 30, 2014

1 Like

Re: 10 Sermon Youths Will Most Likely Find Uninteresting by Abduletudaye(m): 7:40am On Nov 30, 2014
tosyne2much:
I have to come up with this write up because I am a youth and I know what it feels like to be a youth. This write up is based on my observations and encounter with other youths

Note - I'm not trying to say it applies to all youths so pls don't get it twisted

10 Sermon Youths Will Most Likely Find Uninteresting

1. Never Approach a Lady, Inform Your Pastor
Hmmmmmmm !! I can bet a million dollars that most youths will never find this kind of sermon interesting especially when a pastor condemn the idea of making your intentions know to a lady. They expect you to inform them about it and they would do that on your behalf

2. Never Allow A Male/Female Visitor Into Your Room
This one is a serious case. As a youth, I think the possibility of not allowing female visitors into your room or hostel at the expense of your salvation is next to nill.. I think most youths (students) will most likely turn deft ears to this kind of sermon

3. Never Ask Questions Inside The Hall
We don't need a philosopher to tell us that an average student would like to communicate with friends during an exam. Hence, when a preacher preaches against communicating with other students even when their booklets are blank is like you really want them to fall wink .. I guess an average student will most likely find this kind of sermon uninteresting

4. Pay Your Tithe Even When You Are In School
I must confess, this is a serious case. We once had this kind of sermon in my fellowship and you need to see the way discomfort and sadness was registered on the faces of virtually all the students ( you see them asking questions here and there)

5. Never Visit Your Fiance When He's Alone
I have listened to a sermon when the preacher condemns going to visit your future partner when he's alone in the house.. The ladies were advised to take their female friends along with them or not go at all. ( Discomfort was registered on the face of ladies during the sermon grin )

6. Application Of Attachments & Make-Up Is A Sin
It takes the grace of God for a young lady to do without apply make-up (even the born again ones ). Ladies apply make-up by one way or the other,either consciously or unconsciously. They tend to start feeling uncomfortable when a preacher condemns the act

7. Fornication
We all know we are now in an era where sex seems to be the talk of the day.. An average youth is most likely to fornicate (does that sound stranger to you ? It shouldn't be 'cos it takes the grace of God to overcome fornication as a youth) Therefore, the probability that they would find this kind of sermon uninteresting is on d high side

8. Don't Ever Date Until You Are Ready For Marriage
Most preachers preach against having a girlfriend or boyfriend not until you are ready for marriage. Youths of 21st century will never want to hear this. I guess it takes 5 out of 100 youths to do that

9. Stop Chatting On Social Networks
Social media has changed
everything and every youth is
under scrutiny. Youths will likely turn deft ears to a sermon that has to do with condemnation of facebooking, 2go-ing and whatsapp-ing at the expense of salvation.

10. Don't Redice Your Age Because Of Employment
Most youths reduce their age for employment purpose so they tend to start finding the sermon uninteresting when they know that using their real age might lower their chances of being employed

Feel free to add yours

Happy Sunday

i smell FP.......

1 Like

Re: 10 Sermon Youths Will Most Likely Find Uninteresting by tosyne2much(m): 7:41am On Nov 30, 2014
MODS una wicked oooooooo grin

Una no even allow me correct some typos and spellings b4 una move am to FP tongue

Chaiii see falling hands grin

** cocks my gun =ยป where are the MODS ?** grin

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Sermon Youths Will Most Likely Find Uninteresting by englishmart(m): 7:46am On Nov 30, 2014
you see why I decided to stay in France?
Here, my rev. Father and I drink and go to clubs together. No big deal.

We don't care whether you pay tithes or not

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Sermon Youths Will Most Likely Find Uninteresting by Ekpekus(m): 7:46am On Nov 30, 2014
Most of the above listed are "doctrines of men". Few have scriptural basis but others are just personal opinion.
Again, don't generalise wink
*my perspective

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Sermon Youths Will Most Likely Find Uninteresting by Medunah: 7:46am On Nov 30, 2014
If my pastor preaches for you, there is no sermon you will find uninteresting though we dont practice most of them
Happy sunday

this is already on FP, So fast??
tosyne2much, quote ur post to avoid pple from quoting the whole thing
*modified*
Re: 10 Sermon Youths Will Most Likely Find Uninteresting by MizMyColi(f): 7:54am On Nov 30, 2014
tosyne2much:

Modified.. Thnks miss grin

Nice writ.

*facepalm*
Back in the day, I used to avoid certain church(es) over some of the points raised up there.

smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Sermon Youths Will Most Likely Find Uninteresting by ebenice(m): 7:54am On Nov 30, 2014
Sermon on Hell

Sermon about time too short Repent Jesus is coming soon

Sermon on turning away from sin and doin away with ur past life of fornication and pleasure

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Sermon Youths Will Most Likely Find Uninteresting by ebenice(m): 7:58am On Nov 30, 2014
Deeper life

1 Like

Re: 10 Sermon Youths Will Most Likely Find Uninteresting by iceberylin(m): 7:59am On Nov 30, 2014
See why i stopped going to church undecided

1 Like

Re: 10 Sermon Youths Will Most Likely Find Uninteresting by Bagani: 7:59am On Nov 30, 2014
True. Meking FP no hard gan
Re: 10 Sermon Youths Will Most Likely Find Uninteresting by andystudentggrin: 8:00am On Nov 30, 2014
grin

1 Like

Re: 10 Sermon Youths Will Most Likely Find Uninteresting by OCTAVO: 8:00am On Nov 30, 2014
Ok o.
Re: 10 Sermon Youths Will Most Likely Find Uninteresting by ilotriouzAY(m): 8:01am On Nov 30, 2014
I remember d last church whey I go
D pastor like to speak dis topics wella
D ladies in church dey always tell d guys "if u want to date me,ask d pastor"
D guys no knw say d pastor dey chop d ladies punnany

1 Like

Re: 10 Sermon Youths Will Most Likely Find Uninteresting by AJ01(m): 8:01am On Nov 30, 2014
I love france...youth here love sermon like this.. grin
Re: 10 Sermon Youths Will Most Likely Find Uninteresting by Prince202020(m): 8:01am On Nov 30, 2014
No one concern me cos na my papa be the pastor and I and my father are one grin cheesy

3 Likes

Re: 10 Sermon Youths Will Most Likely Find Uninteresting by chibwike(m): 8:01am On Nov 30, 2014
Fp tinz
Re: 10 Sermon Youths Will Most Likely Find Uninteresting by tolustx(m): 8:02am On Nov 30, 2014
Re: 10 Sermon Youths Will Most Likely Find Uninteresting by gbodimowo(m): 8:03am On Nov 30, 2014
Ok
Re: 10 Sermon Youths Will Most Likely Find Uninteresting by Nobody: 8:03am On Nov 30, 2014
Story for the gods...I refuse to be confused and misled...
Re: 10 Sermon Youths Will Most Likely Find Uninteresting by Appswheel(m): 8:03am On Nov 30, 2014
the description for these points are not so elaboate to make them acceptable. I will like to talk about points 3,7 and 9

3. EXAM MALPRACTISE
My first and only attempt at exam malpractise was a complete disaster! it was during a physics test in my SS 1. The test was on gold leaf electroscope. I had made some notes before the test and held it between my knee and my desk.

during the test i was sweating profusely and shiverring i did not have the courage to pull out the paper. my attempt to cheat was unsuccessful. I still wonder how peope who cheat do it.

No subject is too difficult to understand if you take time to study and understand the subject or topic. please take out time to study your books. I also invite you to visit my eduportal where i share study and exam tips. find the address at the end of my post.

7. FORNICATION
It takes the grace of God not to fornicate. I am 27 years old, I have not fornicated and pray not to until i get married - a gift to my spouse, thats if i ever get married cos I dnt see marriage as d core of human existence. The idle mind they say is the devils workshop - stay clear of idleness and immoral relationship.

For the ladies, there is wisdom from staying clear of early sex. It reduces by 90 per cent your chances of developing cervical cancer.

The scores of STIs and STDs in "town" is enough reason to avoid fornication needless to talk abt the spiritual reasons. Animals have no control over their sexual urge. As an higher animal, controlling your sexual urge differentiates you from a goat, dog etc

I also want to plead with the men not to see women as sex objects - they are not!

9. Only an ignorant pastor will say do not chat. the gains of ICT social media is more than it pains. My expectation of such pastors is to organise foras where they invite social media experts to educate the young ones on the best use of ICT, social media, chat applications etc

Lastly, NL users, please help me beg seun and Co- the administrators to give my Nairaland account the full privileges other members have.
++I am being stripped of my ability to post my educational portal link on Nairaland except i post it vertically.
++I am not able to use the hyperlink tool like other members.
++sometimes my posts are deleted, banned for no justiiable reason.

I have accounts on facebook, linkedin and twitter; they have not blocked me from posting a link to my valuable eduportal. I value my Nairaland acct as much as I value my accts on the platforms mentioned above. I am pained by the hostility of NL administrators on my account.

Administators what exactly is my offence?

@all i invite you to visit my eduportal, type the address below into your broswer address bar.
w
w
w
k
n
o
w
b
a
s
e
c
o
n
s
u
l
t
c
o
m
It holds scholarship, internship opportunities. provides career information advice and counseling, connects students with abroad study agencies -- ALL FOR FREE!
my humble contribution to Nigerian youths and the society at large. help me plead with nairaland administrators to restore my privileges as a user and let my eduportal alone.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 10 Sermon Youths Will Most Likely Find Uninteresting by Timothy3113(m): 8:03am On Nov 30, 2014
Praise God
Re: 10 Sermon Youths Will Most Likely Find Uninteresting by tosyne2much(m): 8:03am On Nov 30, 2014
chibwike:
Fp tinz

[i] You wey suppose don comment since grin .. you dey tink say e no go hit FP ni ?
Re: 10 Sermon Youths Will Most Likely Find Uninteresting by Nobody: 8:04am On Nov 30, 2014
Ok,copied that
Re: 10 Sermon Youths Will Most Likely Find Uninteresting by Timothy3113(m): 8:04am On Nov 30, 2014
tosyne2much:

[i] You wey suppose don comment since grin .. you dey tink say e no go hit FP ni ?
Guy i tink say u don become mod becos all your topic na him dey reach f.p.
I smell foul
Re: 10 Sermon Youths Will Most Likely Find Uninteresting by StrongPenis: 8:04am On Nov 30, 2014
I don't even know what to say sef.............*continues to stroke his pen1s*

2 Likes

Re: 10 Sermon Youths Will Most Likely Find Uninteresting by holyboss: 8:04am On Nov 30, 2014
Ok

Next pls

Btw, mind my signature guyz
Re: 10 Sermon Youths Will Most Likely Find Uninteresting by NoContract(m): 8:04am On Nov 30, 2014
Delusion

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bible Verses And Quotes To Encourage You In Trying Times / Shiloh 2020: See Things To Bring Along / Don't Settle For Less; Don't Live A Life Of Mediocrity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.