Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,014 members, 7,828,570 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:30 AM

Senator Mark Delaying Jonathan's Impeachment - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senator Mark Delaying Jonathan's Impeachment (2654 Views)

Senator Mark Grants Scholarship To Little Samuel Oche Up To University / Breaking: Lagos State House Of Assembly Approve Jonathan's Impeachment / Senator Mark Tells Kwankwaso: I Cannot Support Your Ambition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senator Mark Delaying Jonathan's Impeachment by Nobody: 2:55pm On Nov 30, 2014
An All Progressives Congress, APC, Senator has told Vanguard that the leadership of the Senate is behind the delay in the commencement of impeachment proceedings against President Goodluck Jonathan, as the Senate President, David Mark and his principle officers had always pleaded for calm and even go as far as thwarting previous moves to sack him.

He said that, “Since President Goodluck Jonathan wants to destroy the country because of personal ambition, impeachment is the only option left to show him the way out so that efforts of our fore fathers would not go in vain.”

The Senator, who spoke on condition of anonymity, noted that agitation to commence the impeachment proceedings on the President had been in the senate but was triggered by the recent police invasion and the poor state of the nation’s economy and the insecurity in North East.

He claimed that the President had committed grievous impeachable offences which if ignored would lead to the destruction of the country, pointing out that among the offences included none implementation of budget since 2011, crumbling of the economy, the increasing security challenges and the use of security operatives to harass and intimidate perceived opponents of government.

The APC Senator said the move was not a party affair but a collective effort that cuts through political lines to save Nigeria from imminent collapse, adding that as at the time he was appending his signature on the impeachment list, seven Senators of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, signed in his presence.

There were reports that about 63 Senators had signed for the impeachment of Jonathan, even as two PDP men in the Senate said from now they will consider all issues unlike before where the interest of their party was first considered. It is no longer going to be a tea party.

1 Like

Re: Senator Mark Delaying Jonathan's Impeachment by chibwike(m): 3:07pm On Nov 30, 2014
Lol... Op so u can open a thread in politics.
Re: Senator Mark Delaying Jonathan's Impeachment by donmalcolm21(m): 3:12pm On Nov 30, 2014
Let there be a source for verification plzz. I dare the senators to move againt Gej and see Nig exporting 20k barrel of crude per day at the rate of $50 per barrel.

1 Like

Re: Senator Mark Delaying Jonathan's Impeachment by Nobody: 3:14pm On Nov 30, 2014
chibwike:
Lol... Op so u can open a thread in politics.
sad
i am a nairalander too o...
free to open threads anywhere..
btw ogini na bia
happy sunday cheesy
Re: Senator Mark Delaying Jonathan's Impeachment by OrlandoOwoh(m): 3:15pm On Nov 30, 2014
This is long overdue. I feel the process of impeaching Jonathan started when he refused to appear before the NASS to give the legislators a briefing on the state of the nation.

1 Like

Re: Senator Mark Delaying Jonathan's Impeachment by Nobody: 3:16pm On Nov 30, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:
This is long overdue. I feel the process of impeaching Jonathan started when he refused to appear before the NASS to give the legislators a briefing on the state of the nation.
so you saying he should be impeached? undecided

[size=20pt]are you a christian or a muslim?[/size]
Re: Senator Mark Delaying Jonathan's Impeachment by chibwike(m): 3:20pm On Nov 30, 2014
lilmaxfidel:
sad
i am a nairalander too o...
free to open threads anywhere..
btw ogini na bia
happy sunday cheesy
Lol...i was suprised..when i saw u were the op...happy sunday to you too...hope ur day z going well
Re: Senator Mark Delaying Jonathan's Impeachment by Nobody: 3:21pm On Nov 30, 2014
chibwike:
Lol...i was suprised..when i saw u were the op...happy sunday to you too...hope ur day z going well
yea sure smiley
Re: Senator Mark Delaying Jonathan's Impeachment by holatin(m): 3:21pm On Nov 30, 2014
he is in the President pocket now
Re: Senator Mark Delaying Jonathan's Impeachment by arsetalks(m): 3:33pm On Nov 30, 2014
lilmaxfidel:

Are you an idiiot or a foool? Must you take the side of religion for everything? The likes of you are those the true enemy of the country. What has religion got to do with this now?

11 Likes

Re: Senator Mark Delaying Jonathan's Impeachment by Crocz(m): 3:33pm On Nov 30, 2014
Eh wo!...Jona is dead!

3 Likes

Re: Senator Mark Delaying Jonathan's Impeachment by OrlandoOwoh(m): 4:06pm On Nov 30, 2014
lilmaxfidel:

What has this got to do with my religion?

1 Like

Re: Senator Mark Delaying Jonathan's Impeachment by johnbuck81(m): 4:55pm On Nov 30, 2014
GEJ can never ever b impeached..
ya'all waiting 4 such news will 4ver b dissapointed.
Gej till 2019
Gej forever!
Re: Senator Mark Delaying Jonathan's Impeachment by saintvc(m): 6:24pm On Nov 30, 2014
Goodluck cant be impeached

1 Like

Re: Senator Mark Delaying Jonathan's Impeachment by Nobody: 7:13pm On Nov 30, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:

What has this got to do with my religion?
[size=20pt]
IGNORES HIM
[/size]
Re: Senator Mark Delaying Jonathan's Impeachment by crown777(m): 7:22pm On Nov 30, 2014
lilmaxfidel:

Religion or tribe as nothing to do with it.
Re: Senator Mark Delaying Jonathan's Impeachment by Cooldejay(m): 7:24pm On Nov 30, 2014
Am Seeing Things...
Re: Senator Mark Delaying Jonathan's Impeachment by Nobody: 7:26pm On Nov 30, 2014
crown777:

Religion or tribe as nothing to do with it.
I TAKE BACK MY  WORDS angry
Re: Senator Mark Delaying Jonathan's Impeachment by Nobody: 7:27pm On Nov 30, 2014
JONATHAN WILL DEFINTELY NOT BE IMPEACHED smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senator Mark Delaying Jonathan's Impeachment by Nobody: 7:29pm On Nov 30, 2014
arsetalks:
Are you an idiiot or a foool? Must you take the side of religion for everything? The likes of you are those the true enemy of the country. What has religion got to do with this now?
SO YOU VENT YOUR REAL LIFE FRUSTRATIONS ON NAIRALAND BY INSULTING PEOPLE HERE sad
Re: Senator Mark Delaying Jonathan's Impeachment by udemzyudex(m): 7:33pm On Nov 30, 2014
Lol...i just dey laugh... Impeach GEJ?

They can only do that in their dream... And those shouting "long overdue" are u not tired of hearing this impeachment saga?

Impeachment Impeachment ....they will continue to say it till february grin
Re: Senator Mark Delaying Jonathan's Impeachment by emekamn(m): 7:34pm On Nov 30, 2014
lilmaxfidel:
JONATHAN WILL DEFINTELY NOT BE IMPEACHED smiley

so because u'r a christian and GEJ is also a christian too abi
u'r so dull
Re: Senator Mark Delaying Jonathan's Impeachment by Nobody: 7:38pm On Nov 30, 2014
emekamn:

so because u'r a christian and GEJ is also a christian too abi
u'r so dull
ARE YOU A MUSLIM?..
SOME PEOPLE COME HERE WITH IMMATURITY AND SENSELESNESS..

AINT GONNA BATTLE WORDS WITH YOU..
IF YOU WANT A WORD BATTLE YOU CAN AS WELL GO TO BORNO AND sad.
Re: Senator Mark Delaying Jonathan's Impeachment by Schematics: 7:49pm On Nov 30, 2014
Somethings are not just possible..
Re: Senator Mark Delaying Jonathan's Impeachment by Nobody: 8:02pm On Nov 30, 2014
Schematics:
Somethings are not just possible..
bro this one is very possible o
Re: Senator Mark Delaying Jonathan's Impeachment by vecman22(m): 8:09pm On Nov 30, 2014
LIKE play like play... dis man will be impeached
Re: Senator Mark Delaying Jonathan's Impeachment by Nobody: 8:45pm On Nov 30, 2014
: maclatunji, OAM4J, Afam4eva, Ikenna351, Ngwakwe

this post is frontpage worthy na sad
Re: Senator Mark Delaying Jonathan's Impeachment by sohl7(m): 9:25pm On Nov 30, 2014
Why is the senator pleading on the condition of anonymity ?
Re: Senator Mark Delaying Jonathan's Impeachment by Chiscomax(m): 9:29pm On Nov 30, 2014
Ahhhhhhhhh Shoki

Click Like if u want him impeached immediately, Share if you want him to remain president... I wish I could Like my own Comment
Re: Senator Mark Delaying Jonathan's Impeachment by benuejosh: 12:48am On Dec 01, 2014
Am wondering if Obasanjo will sit quietly and allow jonathan be sworn in thrice as president. whats goin on at the national assembly now is play written by Olusegun Obsanjo, produced by Ibrahim Babangida, edited by Abdulsalami abubakar. The Generals. millitary in civilian nature.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

LEAKED! Why Buhari Personally Apologized To Obasanjo Over Threat To Probe Past G / Profile Of Lagos State Commissioner For Energy: Mr Wale Oluwo / Meet The New Senate President Endorserd By The PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.