Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,025 members, 7,835,475 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:36 AM

Boko Haram Menace’ll Soon End, Jonathan Insists - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram Menace’ll Soon End, Jonathan Insists (410 Views)

Jonathan Insists Ban On Tokunbo Cars Not To Cause Hardship To Nigerians / Jonathan Insists On Subsidy Removal / President Jonathan Insists, I Wont Declare My Assets… (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko Haram Menace’ll Soon End, Jonathan Insists by john403: 3:46pm On Nov 30, 2014
Source: .com.ng

President Goodluck Jonathan on Saturday reiterated that the threat posed by Boko Haram islamic sect will soon be a thing of the past. He assured Nigerians that his administration will continue to strengthen security infrastructure, with a view to putting an end to the activities of the terrorists.

The President spoke when he hosted a conglomerate of Igbo market and town union leaders in Lagos under the auspices of Transformation Ambassadors of Nigeria (TAN) led by Dr. Ifeanyi Ubah and Arthur Ezeh.The meeting was held at the State House, Marina.

“Talking about the unfortunate bomb incident in Kano yesterday (Friday) which formed the reason I couldn’t attend the creative art event in Lagos. I believe some of you were there. It was when we got to the State House here in the afternoon that we got the information.

“I just want to tell Nigerians that this phase will surely pass. This intimidation will not last. We will continue to improve on the technology needed to combat terrorism. This intimidation will soon end, I can assure you. Other countries which faced terrorism later defeated it, we shall overcome also”, Jonathan said.

He thanked Igbo leaders who represented the 158 recognised markets as well as many town unions in Lagos for vowing to deliver all Igbo votes to him during the 2015 Presidential election.

“I don’t know how to thank Igbos. I don’t know how to thank my brothers and sisters from the South-east. After serving this country, I will have to go and read literature and study all classical literary works by Chinua Achebe and others to be able to learn how to describe and thank my brothers from Igbo”, he said.

Earlier, Eze urged Igbos to keep mobilising votes for Jonathan because he has the fear of God and sincerity to work for the nation. Ubah also urged them to show their numerical strength in Lagos by mobilising many votes for Jonathan.
Re: Boko Haram Menace’ll Soon End, Jonathan Insists by holatin(m): 3:48pm On Nov 30, 2014
Too late to impress us boda jona.
what measure Ve you taken for 6 years.
We are rooting you out and planting the General to wash this country clean from your dirt.
Re: Boko Haram Menace’ll Soon End, Jonathan Insists by monemsis(m): 3:49pm On Nov 30, 2014
We don hear
Re: Boko Haram Menace’ll Soon End, Jonathan Insists by Nobody: 4:22pm On Nov 30, 2014
After careful examination of the political utterances of BUHARI after loosin the 2011 presidential elections, I hereby conclude That you.... Muhamadu buhari within the jurisdiction of the Federal High Court of Nigeria, do commit an illegal act with intent to intimidate the President and Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, Dr Goodluck Jonathan as president.
You thereby committed an offence
contrary to section 37(1) and (2) of the
criminal code Act LFN 2004 and
punishable under the same section of
the same act. You are hereby sentenced to life in prison with hard labour!
Re: Boko Haram Menace’ll Soon End, Jonathan Insists by Nobody: 4:28pm On Nov 30, 2014
The south east vote against Buhari will get nearer to 100% in 2015

GEJ till 2019! We will stand with GEJ till the last minute!
Re: Boko Haram Menace’ll Soon End, Jonathan Insists by johnbuck81(m): 4:40pm On Nov 30, 2014
buhari is anoda name 4 bokoharam..
jonathan will defeat d blood thirty foolz who wants to rule dis country by any means neccesary.
GEJ till 2019
GEJ 4ever

(1) (Reply)

Delta Assures On The Completion Of Ughelli/asaba Road / Wike Wins Rivers PDP Governorship Primaries / Democracy Is Not About Quarreling Like Motor Park Touts – Jonathan - See More At

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.