Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,214 members, 7,829,347 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:52 AM

Celebrities That Correctly Predict Their Own Deaths - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Celebrities That Correctly Predict Their Own Deaths (1676 Views)

Nigerian Celebrities That Attend White Garment Churches (Photos) / 7 Celebrities That Have Had Serious Problems With Olamide! / Nigerian Celebrities That Are Still Virgins ( Photos ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Celebrities That Correctly Predict Their Own Deaths by Konection(m): 4:35pm On Nov 30, 2014
An overlooked facet of rap is how it magically predicts the future at times. Jay Z foretold his own rise on the New York Times bestseller list with his ‘Decoded’ autobiography when he released 1998′s ‘Money, Cash, Hoes.’ Years later, Jeezy predicted Barack Obama’s inauguration on ‘My President.
Some predictions — far too many — fall in line with tragedy. The live-fast-and-die-young mentality sounds cool to many of hip-hop’s young demographic, but there’s nothing glorious about the unfulfilled potential of an artist’s life cut short.
Part of the legacy of artists like Tupac Shakur and Big L is how they chillingly and almost accurately predicted their own demise. Death isn’t too far from some of these artists with their inner city beginnings, but when it caught them, the aftermath left fans shocked despite their premonitions. Check out Rappers Who Correctly Predicted Their Own Death.

2Pac Shakur
Lyrics: “I been shot and murdered, can tell you how it happened word for word /
But best believe n—-s gon’ get what they deserve,” raps Tupac on Richie Rich’s ‘N—-s Done Changed.’
This song was released two months before Tupac Shakur was gunned down in a drive-by shooting on that Las Vegas strip in 1996. His murder is still unsolved.
By his last album, ‘The Don Killuminati: The 7 Day Theory,’ Shakur went by the name Makaveli, a reference to the famed Italian philosopher who advocated faking one’s own death, which some fans believe Pac did.
The West Coast MC also predicted his end in a recently released PBS interview. After he was asked where he saw himself in the next few years, he said, “Best case, in a cemetery. Not in a cemetery, sprinkled in ashes smoked up by my homies. I mean, that’s the worst case.”
Listen to Richie Rich’s ‘N—-s Done Changed’ Feat. Tupac.

Notorious B.I.G
Lyrics: “I swear to God I feel like death is f—ing calling me,” raps the Notorious B.I.G. on ‘Suicidal Thoughts.’
Biggie Smalls has always told tales of excess with a distinctive frankness that was sometimes tongue-in-cheek. Death was still at the underbelly of most of his work though.
His debut album, ‘Ready to Die,’ featured many songs that touched on death — ‘Big Poppa,’ ‘Juicy,’ the self-titled track and the album-closing ‘Suicidal Thoughts.’ The latter was particularly eerie considering the way his life story happened.
Of course the Brooklyn, N.Y.-bred MC didn’t commit suicide, but death did find him when he was killed during a drive-by shooting in Los Angeles in 1997. His posthumous album title: ‘Life After Death.’
Listen to Notorious B.I.G.’s ‘Suicidal Thoughts’

Proof
Lyrics: “I’m in the club to beef, you gotta murder me there,” raps Proofon ’40 Oz.’
The crazy part about these lyrics from D12‘s ’40 Oz.’ is how they’re an accurate representation of how Proof passed away. There isn’t a definitive account of what exactly happened at that billiards table at the CCC Club on 8 Mile Rd., on April 11, 2006, but what’s known is the situation escalated between the intoxicated rapper (whose blood alcohol content read .32 at the autopsy — three times the legal limit) and Keith Bender.
Bouncer Mario Etheridge, Bender’s cousin, fired a warning shot into the air to stop the fight. Proof apparently fired shots in retaliation, killing Bender. He died from two shots in his back and another one to the back of his head.
The tragedy was also foretold in Eminem’s ‘Like Toy Soldiers’ video — a song that warned against the kind of activity that actually killed Em’s best friend. Proof played the rapper who’s gunned down in the video.

Big L
Lyrics: “I watched all of them, run for they share / And all I can do was stare / I got weak and fell on my rear / Now I can hear the sirens, that means here comes the Jakes / But it’s too late, I’m knockin’ on the pearly gates,” raps Big L on ‘Casualties of a Dice Game.’
Big L’s murder was related to conflict, albeit it’s not the type rapped about on this track, ‘Casualties of a Dice Game,’ off his posthumous LP, ‘The Big Picture’ — the lyrics detail a dice game that ends in his death.
The NYPD believed the Harlem rapper was shot to death in response to something one of his two brothers did (they were in prison at the time).
The rapper is considered a legend, but had his life cut short at 24, when he was murdered in a 1999 drive-by shooting.

Re: Celebrities That Correctly Predict Their Own Deaths by kestolove95(m): 4:48pm On Nov 30, 2014
wia is dagrin?..if I die....make u no cry for mi..
Re: Celebrities That Correctly Predict Their Own Deaths by holatin(m): 4:54pm On Nov 30, 2014
your list is not complete without dagrin
Re: Celebrities That Correctly Predict Their Own Deaths by Konection(m): 5:06pm On Nov 30, 2014
kestolove95:
wia is dagrin?..if I die....make u no cry for mi..
Dagrin didn't predict his death, he only said 'if he dies'. He never mentioned how and when he would die.
Re: Celebrities That Correctly Predict Their Own Deaths by amAZEing: 5:20pm On Nov 30, 2014
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Celebrities That Correctly Predict Their Own Deaths by yuncka: 5:42pm On Nov 30, 2014
Pls where is 9ice? He didnt predict his death shaa,, but he said he will bring back grammy award (gongo aso)......dat one na die jor.
Re: Celebrities That Correctly Predict Their Own Deaths by Konection(m): 6:08pm On Nov 30, 2014
yuncka:
Pls where is 9ice? He didnt predict his death shaa,, but he said he will bring back grammy award (gongo aso)......dat one na die jor.
Re: Celebrities That Correctly Predict Their Own Deaths by Konection(m): 6:09pm On Nov 30, 2014
yuncka:
you funny bro
Re: Celebrities That Correctly Predict Their Own Deaths by danielz777(m): 6:49pm On Nov 30, 2014
pls pls pls show a sister some love, click on the link http://eplnaija.com/eplnaija-top-10-whoworeitbest2-finalist/ and vote for ms_ teenew,it is d 9th picture on d list. all you 've to do is just click on the vote button. pls pls pls thanks�... its going to mean a lot to her... Pls am on ma knees... Pls pls
Re: Celebrities That Correctly Predict Their Own Deaths by Cholls(m): 7:19pm On Nov 30, 2014
yuncka:
my brother what can I say? Nice! But u never can tell and besides is contesting for rep maybe is planning to win it with politics undecided

(1) (Reply)

Big Boy!! Rapper Young6ix Talks To 2015 With Wads Of Naira Note (see Photos) / Battle Of The Sexiest ( The Kardashians Vs. Amber Rose) / Ini Edo Visits The Motherless Home 'heart Of Gold Hospice' In Surulere...read He

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.