Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,013 members, 7,817,985 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:49 AM

RE: New Prophet Muhammad Cartoon Riots Kill Christians In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / RE: New Prophet Muhammad Cartoon Riots Kill Christians In Nigeria (2551 Views)

Toll Rises In Anti-cartoon Riots In Niger Republic / Boko-Haram Killed 10 Christians In Borno State!!! / Serious Riots In Wuse, Abuja & Mararaba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

RE: New Prophet Muhammad Cartoon Riots Kill Christians In Nigeria by iconize(m): 8:12pm On Nov 30, 2014
Mohammed caricature in Norway incites riots in Northern Nigeria

As religious violence breaks out again in Nigeria in a row over cartoons of Mohammed, a Christian student has been describing how he had to run for his life after being accused of drawing of the Muslim prophet Muhammed.

According to reports from Kano State, at least nine Christians were killed and churches, businesses and homes were burned after rumours that Christians had drawn a cartoon of the Prophet Mohammed and displayed it on a wall of a mosque. Under Islam any depiction of God or Mohammed is considered blasphemous.

The incident echoes the uproar in Nigeria that followed the publication of the Danish Mohammed cartoons in 2006, which claimed scores of lives and triggered Muslim protests worldwide.

Release International, an organisation reaching out to persecuted Christians, is providing relief aid to Christians who have been driven from their homes.

According to reports, rioting Muslim youths in Tundun Wada, Kano State, caused widespread damage to Christian property in the area, forcing the authorities to evacuate Christians and non-Muslims to neighbouring Bauchi State.

Secondary school student IIiya Adamu and his roommate barely escaped with their lives, RI has been told, after being accused of drawing a picture of Mohammed.

RI has said IIiya was in his room at the hostel on September 28 getting ready for school, when Muslim students burst into his room.

IIiya told Release International partners: "They started beating me. I asked what I did but they shouted me down. They pounced on my roommate and began to beat him. A teacher walked in and asked what is happening. They said to go and see what the Christians did at the mosque.

"Their reason for beating us, they said, was because we drew something. None of us had seen what they were talking about until we later heard that a picture of Mohammed was drawn with these words 'This is your God'. They concluded that we, the Christians students, must have drawn it."

He continued: "'We ran to the principal's office, and were taken to the hospital. As we were about to be given first aid, we saw some of the Muslim students and other boys coming into the hospital with machetes. We then decided to run for our lives. We climbed the fences and escaped.
Re: RE: New Prophet Muhammad Cartoon Riots Kill Christians In Nigeria by iconize(m): 5:23am On May 23, 2017
Hh
Re: RE: New Prophet Muhammad Cartoon Riots Kill Christians In Nigeria by abescom: 6:20am On May 23, 2017
If this happens to be a live, I hope Seun and his moderators do not just close this thread but totally delete it and give the OP a long ban that he will deserve if he is creating this out tin air.

And if it is true, then can Muslims honestly once again claim they are practising a religion of peace? A religion that is most often against forgiveness can't be a religion of peace.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: RE: New Prophet Muhammad Cartoon Riots Kill Christians In Nigeria by samtin(m): 7:42am On May 23, 2017
Islam is a weak religion. It cannot bear scrutiny.

2 Likes

Re: RE: New Prophet Muhammad Cartoon Riots Kill Christians In Nigeria by victorDanladi: 7:49am On May 23, 2017
Christianity is weaker because they are only taking advantage of the fact that its prohibited in Islam to mock Jesus Christ!
Re: RE: New Prophet Muhammad Cartoon Riots Kill Christians In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:55am On May 23, 2017
samtin:
Islam is a weak religion. It cannot bear scrutiny.
It certainly can't. Jesus has been insulted repeatedly by atheist in Christian dominated countries with some even tagging Jesus gay yet no one atheist was beheaded, stoned, crucified or even charged to court. Yet Jesus is not even regarded as a prophet but God. All I can say is there is something fundamentally wrong with Islam. We here in Africa know, America I already seeing the danger, Europe Is still naive thinking it Is an integration issue but then even oppressed Christians in the mideast don't strap bombs to themselves to kill innocent folks. Anyway this Islam is a thorn in the flesh that the world inevitably must deal with till the end of time.

3 Likes

Re: RE: New Prophet Muhammad Cartoon Riots Kill Christians In Nigeria by Kemperor: 8:24am On May 23, 2017
If Mohammed is all powerful then why can't he fight for himself

Please muslims should respect Mohammed and shouldn't tarnish his legacy...

Peace

MOD if this news is fake then reward the OP with a year ban..
Re: RE: New Prophet Muhammad Cartoon Riots Kill Christians In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:44am On May 23, 2017
victorDanladi:
Christianity is weaker because they are only taking advantage of the fact that its prohibited in Islam to mock Jesus Christ!
Well Jesus made it clear repeatedly that he and his followers would be mocked. If he didn't ask us to prohibit it legally then why should we kill people for doing so. I am a Christian and I have seen ppl, mostly atheist curse out Jesus Christ. But then if Christ wants a person struck down for blasphemy he would do it but if he(who was insulted) extends Grace, who am I to then cut down. Christ is love and love is Christ. I love Jesus Christ but if any man insults him then i am obliged by my Christian faith not to defend him but rather do what he asked of me-which is to show love!

1 Like

Re: RE: New Prophet Muhammad Cartoon Riots Kill Christians In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:29am On May 23, 2017
iconize:
Mohammed caricature in Norway incites riots in Northern Nigeria

As religious violence breaks out again in Nigeria in a row over cartoons of Mohammed, a Christian student has been describing how he had to run for his life after being accused of drawing of the Muslim prophet Muhammed.

According to reports from Kano State, at least nine Christians were killed and churches, businesses and homes were burned after rumours that Christians had drawn a cartoon of the Prophet Mohammed and displayed it on a wall of a mosque. Under Islam any depiction of God or Mohammed is considered blasphemous.

The incident echoes the uproar in Nigeria that followed the publication of the Danish Mohammed cartoons in 2006, which claimed scores of lives and triggered Muslim protests worldwide.

Release International, an organisation reaching out to persecuted Christians, is providing relief aid to Christians who have been driven from their homes.

According to reports, rioting Muslim youths in Tundun Wada, Kano State, caused widespread damage to Christian property in the area, forcing the authorities to evacuate Christians and non-Muslims to neighbouring Bauchi State.

Secondary school student IIiya Adamu and his roommate barely escaped with their lives, RI has been told, after being accused of drawing a picture of Mohammed.

RI has said IIiya was in his room at the hostel on September 28 getting ready for school, when Muslim students burst into his room.

IIiya told Release International partners: "They started beating me. I asked what I did but they shouted me down. They pounced on my roommate and began to beat him. A teacher walked in and asked what is happening. They said to go and see what the Christians did at the mosque.

"Their reason for beating us, they said, was because we drew something. None of us had seen what they were talking about until we later heard that a picture of Mohammed was drawn with these words 'This is your God'. They concluded that we, the Christians students, must have drawn it."

He continued: "'We ran to the principal's office, and were taken to the hospital. As we were about to be given first aid, we saw some of the Muslim students and other boys coming into the hospital with machetes. We then decided to run for our lives. We climbed the fences and escaped.
hypocrites playing the victim role. Respect other people's faith and all this will b unnecessary
Re: RE: New Prophet Muhammad Cartoon Riots Kill Christians In Nigeria by SlaveryWorks: 4:52pm On Dec 16, 2018
hypocrites playing the victim role. Respect other people's faith and all this will b unnecessary

Words should never be answered with violence.

(1) (Reply)

Akande Attacks Sakari & Dogara, Says They Can't Do What They Did In PDP In APC / Army Arrests 3 Igbo Traders Supplying Ammunition To Boko Haram (2014) / Buhari Is Already Practising Sharia (evidence)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.