Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,767 members, 7,827,844 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:45 PM

Serious Riots In Wuse, Abuja & Mararaba - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Serious Riots In Wuse, Abuja & Mararaba (14869 Views)

Building Sealed By EFCC In Wuse 2 Abuja Is Not GTB Property / Heavy Gunshots Riots In Kogi...road Block.... / New Anti Corruption Group Today At Wuse, Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Serious Riots In Wuse, Abuja & Mararaba by yemmight(m): 1:24pm On Apr 18, 2011
Reports got to us in the office that serious riots going on in the two Locations. Please you need to inform your loved ones of these madness from these Illiterates as a result of Buhari Loosing out.
Re: Serious Riots In Wuse, Abuja & Mararaba by Odunnu: 2:25pm On Apr 18, 2011
God help us!
Re: Serious Riots In Wuse, Abuja & Mararaba by holydante(m): 2:27pm On Apr 18, 2011
i just heared from my friend in Maitama  about Wuse and Berger, but one needs to reconfirm, if these could happen in Abuja then there is more to this than meets the eye
Re: Serious Riots In Wuse, Abuja & Mararaba by Excllncy(m): 2:29pm On Apr 18, 2011
I doubt that of Wuse. Please call to confirm this.
Re: Serious Riots In Wuse, Abuja & Mararaba by Nobody: 2:29pm On Apr 18, 2011
Dis-almagamation is the solution, i don tire for the Nigeria self, North go your own, south go your own, simple as that
Re: Serious Riots In Wuse, Abuja & Mararaba by Adanora: 2:31pm On Apr 18, 2011
Leave d idiots, let them b rioting. Dis is already planned by BUHARI. But we the south South people are watching them. They had better b careful
Re: Serious Riots In Wuse, Abuja & Mararaba by sledge406: 2:31pm On Apr 18, 2011
So far it was a rumor about a BOMB planted in the area which caused a stampede. Anyway I doubt if such would happen in a place like Abuja and not curtailed almost immediately.

Doesn't mean people should not remain indoors.
Re: Serious Riots In Wuse, Abuja & Mararaba by Nobody: 2:32pm On Apr 18, 2011
Yea, The Northerners were born to rule, while southerners are born followers!
Re: Serious Riots In Wuse, Abuja & Mararaba by drious(m): 2:32pm On Apr 18, 2011
Am in Karu bombs were thrown round mararaba,all manner of killings,but as of now it's free anti-riot squad cleared the place,days all I know of cause I was dere,don't know if new Karu and Nyanya have been cleared.
Re: Serious Riots In Wuse, Abuja & Mararaba by dellnet: 2:33pm On Apr 18, 2011
rumors!
Re: Serious Riots In Wuse, Abuja & Mararaba by feelgood(m): 2:34pm On Apr 18, 2011
@ Wuse - it is rumour. 20 mins ago, I went to the opticians at the area and there's normal vehicular movement.
@ Mararaba - my family called to inform me that people were burning tyres, but no conflagration as you claim. However, there is heightened tension.
@ Abuja generally, this is not true. I work in Maitama and people are going about their business.

Please, let's mind how we post; anyhow, all the scaremongers shall be put to shame again.
Re: Serious Riots In Wuse, Abuja & Mararaba by Nobody: 2:36pm On Apr 18, 2011
Is very unfortunate that Nigeria is position/affairs, like say 10 years ago, Take a look at south africa,Ghana, just to mention a few, They dont have islamic extreemsit like we do , that is the problem we have in this country, I think Northern Nigeria suppose to be included to Chad Map, That's how it suppose to be , spots for spots, and stripes for stripes, we now experiencing a mis-match, The evil of nigeria is the North and we have to get rid of them, That is only when we, legitimate Nigerians , can move forward, We Will never progress until is done

This northern people feels that the ruling of Nigeria is their birth right, Most cow boys(abokies that is now i view then, education or no education) are talking about Coup grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin they have be wakeup from their nasty dreams,
I have always known the solution to Nigerian's problem. This is my suggestion:
1) Nigeria should practice true Federalism. were all states should generate their income and 60% of their revenue goes to the Government and the states develops itself with the remaining 40%( In the early 70's Agriculture was Nigerian main means of revenue , are the lands not still there abi radiation from Japan affect am)
2)Nigeria should divide thanks but no thank the amalgamation of Nigerian in 1914, The north( Islamic majority/extremist/separatist) should for a country and the south should form another county. The Ibos can join the south and so don’t get tripping ,
3) subjected to negociation,
Re: Serious Riots In Wuse, Abuja & Mararaba by Nobody: 2:38pm On Apr 18, 2011
mallams and abokis again
Re: Serious Riots In Wuse, Abuja & Mararaba by hardbody: 2:38pm On Apr 18, 2011
So what in double hell is the sitting president doing? he wants the situation to escalate? i always knew GEJ was lilly-livered, but he should be advised that it is not in his best interest for a conflagration to erupt, they will end up unseating him faster than he thought. A stitich in time saves all the other stitches. (not just nine).
Re: Serious Riots In Wuse, Abuja & Mararaba by chelseabmw(m): 2:40pm On Apr 18, 2011
pls u guys should be carefull
Re: Serious Riots In Wuse, Abuja & Mararaba by strangest(m): 2:41pm On Apr 18, 2011
Just heard on France 24 that a bomb has detonated there but also said that the story has NOT been confirmed, GOD help us,
Re: Serious Riots In Wuse, Abuja & Mararaba by drious(m): 2:50pm On Apr 18, 2011
Yeah a bomb at mararaba but about 30mins ago or more,unless its another one,ambulances are just blaring sirens passing my house over hear
Re: Serious Riots In Wuse, Abuja & Mararaba by tundeajiba(m): 2:51pm On Apr 18, 2011
I am in wuse 2 and everything seems quiet here
Re: Serious Riots In Wuse, Abuja & Mararaba by Bawss1(m): 2:54pm On Apr 18, 2011
The reports are largely unconfirmed but there is definitely an air of tension in certain parts of the FCT. Haven't seen any fighting in Wuse as claimed though.
Re: Serious Riots In Wuse, Abuja & Mararaba by StudioCFR(m): 2:55pm On Apr 18, 2011
all dis yeye abokis sef.
Re: Serious Riots In Wuse, Abuja & Mararaba by steph23: 2:56pm On Apr 18, 2011
@ Wuse - it is rumour. 20 mins ago, I went to the opticians at the area and there's normal vehicular movement.
@ Mararaba - my family called to inform me that people were burning tyres, but no conflagration as you claim. However, there is heightened tension.
@ Abuja generally, this is not true. I work in Maitama and people are going about their business.

Please, let's mind how we post; anyhow, all the scaremongers shall be put to shame again.

thanks for your genuine information, people are already getting scared, and as for those who are saying "northerners are born to rule and southerners are burnt to follow", please grow up and see beyond the tribe of the nigerian but his/her capabilities to rule and dont begin to lead a band wagon of ethnic protesters ok!!
Re: Serious Riots In Wuse, Abuja & Mararaba by Greenpro: 2:58pm On Apr 18, 2011
Wuse is fully in peace and business as of now. Nothing is happening anywhere
Re: Serious Riots In Wuse, Abuja & Mararaba by Ogenwannem(f): 2:59pm On Apr 18, 2011
i think is true cos sombody confirmed that wuse mkt is closed as of now
Re: Serious Riots In Wuse, Abuja & Mararaba by xtremeidea(m): 3:04pm On Apr 18, 2011
Wat do we call this people? why are they disturbing the peace in Nigeria? angry angry angry angry
Re: Serious Riots In Wuse, Abuja & Mararaba by charloski(m): 3:10pm On Apr 18, 2011
am still @ area three, cant go home coz i stay in kubwa, get to wait for the tension to cum down,
Re: Serious Riots In Wuse, Abuja & Mararaba by mcbaron: 3:10pm On Apr 18, 2011
Further to all the build up and eventual outcome of the just concluded elections i really do think we all all need to enter into prayers rather than ignite or contribute to the present situation on ground, i think this whole idea of democracy is not for us for Nigerians cos we are too big to be one. Let us be concerned that our comments here be it religious, political and otherwise will determine the future of this great country.

Charloski, whats the situation like in Abuja, hope no killing just mere demonstrations?
Re: Serious Riots In Wuse, Abuja & Mararaba by Reference(m): 3:12pm On Apr 18, 2011
holydante:

i just heared from my friend in Maitama  about Wuse and Berger, but one needs to reconfirm, if these could happen in Abuja then there is more to this than meets the eye

Nope Berger is not ablaze. Just passed there 10 mins ago - 2.45pm.  Very sad. Heard the VP's pad in Kaduna was torched as well. I cannot remember the houses of Diya, Olanrewaju, Adisa and co. torched even in the heat of June 12. I just hope BB and his supporters have an explanation for this. Anti-corruption by the force of the sword. Once again the North or Hausa-Fulani must distance itself from the sayings of Othman Dan-Fodio if it will ever be accepted in the modern, progressive and equitable Nigeria being built. Social justice is first.
Re: Serious Riots In Wuse, Abuja & Mararaba by Cuulbe: 3:16pm On Apr 18, 2011
Does anyone possesses any trustworthy info on what's really happening in Abuja?! Twitter is full of controversial posts, hm,
Re: Serious Riots In Wuse, Abuja & Mararaba by Sampao: 3:18pm On Apr 18, 2011
The reasonable few in the North should call their mad brothers to order.Pity we have allowed these bunch of illiterates and peace forsaken tribe to rule us for so long in this country.
Re: Serious Riots In Wuse, Abuja & Mararaba by soloj1(m): 3:21pm On Apr 18, 2011
'Northerners' is a relative term. We have the-
1, Geographical North;
2. The Economic North;
3. The Political North and
4. The Religious  North.
Unfortunately, the distinction between the Political and the religious north is very slim as far as the muslims are concerned. Theres no separation between politics and religion.
Lets cut to the chase and call a spade a spade. Its high time we told ourselves the hard truth. -The northern hausa- fulani muslims( fundamentalist, extremist, or otherwise) have and will always be our collective problems.
That's it!
History has given us more than enough proofs. We are not blind anymore, the time of ignorance is long past,
So next time you say north/northerners, remember the distinctions,
Re: Serious Riots In Wuse, Abuja & Mararaba by Kabikala(m): 3:22pm On Apr 18, 2011
Wuse Market was evacuated earlier today due to a bomb scare. No riots whatsoever in Wuse. This was a first hand account.
Re: Serious Riots In Wuse, Abuja & Mararaba by blackky187(m): 3:23pm On Apr 18, 2011
-‘Since 1914 the British government has been trying to make Nigeria into one country, but the Nigerian people themselves are historically different in their backgrounds, in their religious beliefs and customs, and do not show themselves any signs of willingness to unite. . . Nigerian unity is only a British invention.’ Abubaker Tafawa Balewa, 1948

-‘Nigeria is not a nation. It is a mere geographical expression. There are no “Nigerians” in the same sense as there are “English”. The word “Nigerian” is merely a distinctive appellation to distinguish those who live within the boundaries of Nigeria and those who do not.’ Obafemi Awolowo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Obasanjo Warns Against Another Civil War! / Justice Ademola’s Acquittal: Presidency Frowns As FG Appeals Judgment / PDP Is Finished If We Pick Wrong Chairman – Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.