Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,806 members, 7,831,629 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 10:55 PM

APC drops Fashola As potential Vice Presidential Candidate. - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC drops Fashola As potential Vice Presidential Candidate. (35261 Views)

Official Portrait Of Fashola As Minister Of Power, Works And Housing / New Hurdle For Amaechi, Fashola As Senate Rules That Two Senators Must Endorse E / APC Drops Buhari & Picks Tambuwal As Presidential Candidate? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC drops Fashola As potential Vice Presidential Candidate. by 4thsense: 12:50pm On Dec 01, 2014
Give us a FASHOLA/DONALD DUKE ticket and stop playing politics.

8 Likes

Re: APC drops Fashola As potential Vice Presidential Candidate. by OAM4J: 12:54pm On Dec 01, 2014
egift:

There are so many, but the question is will they also bring in more votes. Election is a game of numbers. With PDP rigging, use of force, fat wallet and more, APC will need all the votes possible to even secure a slim victory.

So there is only one attempt at getting it right. Apart from APC party campaign efforts, one team that can attract most votes in today's Nigeria, is a Buhari/Fashola Ticket.

All it is a fact that anyone who tell you he will not vote APC because they presented a Muslim/Muslim ticket, has already made up their mind not to vote APC, irrespective of the eventual candidate.

Jonathan already has the sympathy, sentiments, greed and selfish voters. To win,
APC need to target those who will vote for patriotism, competence, vision, independence, diligence, growth, development, etc.

Your post; especially your last paragraph and most especially the last sentence makes a lot of sense.

5 Likes

Re: APC drops Fashola As potential Vice Presidential Candidate. by deebrain(m): 12:55pm On Dec 01, 2014
APC, leave sentiments and bring up credible candidates for heaven sakes!

See them calling themselves "CHANGE"....

Make i no just vex go vote for Fresh Party.

1 Like

Re: APC drops Fashola As potential Vice Presidential Candidate. by adewex(m): 12:56pm On Dec 01, 2014
Only a Muslim can be the SUG president in The Polytechnic Ibadan, you must be a strong person if you are not a Muslim and want to be the president of any association on campus. that's the truth

2 Likes

Re: APC drops Fashola As potential Vice Presidential Candidate. by IyfeNamikaze(m): 12:56pm On Dec 01, 2014
ilugunboy:

You are writing with so much emotions not anywhere close to logic or fact..

Where and when did muslims complained that football is anti-islam.

You guys just pulls out your stories from the air.

Aaondookha who happened to be the AGF putting up all legal bottlenecks against GEJ is also a Muslim right?

You are either mischievous at best or just plainly ignorant of our recent history.

Hahahaha... didn't the same thing happen in Afghanistan which is an Islamic nation to the core?
anyway it's either you're ignorant of that fact or you just denying it. whichever way it happened, the Muslims introduced quota system to sports. well informed adults and elders are aware of that fact!

1 Like

Re: APC drops Fashola As potential Vice Presidential Candidate. by Nobody: 12:57pm On Dec 01, 2014
IyfeNamikaze:

[s]Hahahaha... didn't the same thing happen in Afghanistan which is an Islamic nation to the core?
anyway it's either you're ignorant of that fact or you just denying it. whichever way it happened, the Muslims introduced quota system to sports. well informed adults and elders are aware of that fact![/s]

balderdash...
Re: APC drops Fashola As potential Vice Presidential Candidate. by Redstone(m): 12:58pm On Dec 01, 2014
Why not uncle Fashola for governor and Amaechi VP. I think Amaechi had been at the fore front of the battle against His once loved party PDP. Doesn't he deserve a VP candidacy ? Why? Must power return to the north for us to have peace in Nigeria?

I guess Fashola/Amaechi ticket will make the northerners abandon APC and reawaken their CPC party.

1 Like

Re: APC drops Fashola As potential Vice Presidential Candidate. by IyfeNamikaze(m): 1:01pm On Dec 01, 2014
ilugunboy:

balderdash...
typical of Muslims, always agitated.

3 Likes

Re: APC drops Fashola As potential Vice Presidential Candidate. by patrickmuf(m): 1:02pm On Dec 01, 2014
Some peeps here are novice in this game...
Pick Fashola, they'll complain of marginalization citing Obasanjo's 8yrs at the helm of affairs...
Pick Atiku, they'll complain of corruption...
Pick Buhari, they'll cite his age as well as talk trash about his person...
I see a few rascals shouting Rochas for VP as if they'll vote for him if chosen...
This people are novice, tribalist, religious bigot and so much worse...They're here acting as if they give a hoot about whosoever emerges APC flag bearer but in the real sense they here whipping up sentiments against just about everything...
If you must appeal to the sentiment of undecided voters, do so within the confines of the rules bordering fairness...

3 Likes

Re: APC drops Fashola As potential Vice Presidential Candidate. by Nobody: 1:04pm On Dec 01, 2014
egift:

There are so many, but the question is will they also bring in more votes. Election is a game of numbers. With PDP rigging, use of force, fat wallet and more, APC will need all the votes possible to even secure a slim victory.

So there is only one attempt at getting it right. Apart from APC party campaign efforts, one team that can attract most votes in today's Nigeria, is a Buhari/Fashola Ticket.

All it is a fact that anyone who tell you he will not vote APC because they presented a Muslim/Muslim ticket, has already made up their mind not to vote APC, irrespective of the eventual candidate.

Jonathan already has the sympathy, sentiments, greed and selfish voters. To win,
APC need to target those who will vote for patriotism, competence, vision, independence, diligence, growth, development, etc.

That is the truth......the demography map of the potential supporters is almost very clear...it's not blurred at all....

They are not voting PDP (Like you actually put it...they are voting GEJ) for purely those reason you stated.

The supporters of APC (again your emphasis on the party...) are voting for the same reasons you stated..

2 Likes

Re: APC drops Fashola As potential Vice Presidential Candidate. by Nobody: 1:06pm On Dec 01, 2014
IyfeNamikaze:

typical of Muslims, always agitated.

I'm not a Muslim.....I just happens to use my head often and never rule by sentiments.

2 Likes

Re: APC drops Fashola As potential Vice Presidential Candidate. by OAM(m): 1:13pm On Dec 01, 2014
We are also ready to have him as our own Senate president........ With APC in Abuja, Fashola can do so much for the country

1 Like

Re: APC drops Fashola As potential Vice Presidential Candidate. by Nobody: 1:19pm On Dec 01, 2014
Confused party.
You don't have a presidential candidate yet and all your concern is vice president.
When PDP wins tomorrow as it will you will cry ringing.
Bunch of confused people.

1 Like

Re: APC drops Fashola As potential Vice Presidential Candidate. by SeverusSnape(m): 1:21pm On Dec 01, 2014
NewsHub:

I wonder why APC can't field Fashola as the presidential candidate! That's the best presidential candidate they have but it's unfortune they didn't even let him get the form.
They may regret it.
Re: APC drops Fashola As potential Vice Presidential Candidate. by SeverusSnape(m): 1:22pm On Dec 01, 2014
kaorama:

You are dreaming cos APC Presidential candidate MUST come from the NORTH or else Nigeria will scatter. Power must return to the NORTH by 2015.
And you're sure APC will win... may be you're the one dreaming here.

1 Like

Re: APC drops Fashola As potential Vice Presidential Candidate. by Akpan107(m): 1:24pm On Dec 01, 2014
Ryabcool:
Buhari with anyone else as VP will lose the election. Fashola is the only one who can win all of South West for Buhari.
Buhari with anyone else must surely lose the election.
I dont see how a former Coupist will rule a Country like Nigeria.
Therefore, Buhari wont sell. Lets try Fashola for President and Nda Isahiah as VP.

3 Likes

Re: APC drops Fashola As potential Vice Presidential Candidate. by ebosed: 1:25pm On Dec 01, 2014
Caseless:
Jst out ignorance, we've applied religion wrongly as a people. I think if we trully understand religion and what is stands for and what it preaches, it shouldn't deny us good men like fashola and Buhari as VP and president respectively.
See wetin religion don do us abeg...

Unfortunately, it is not religion. it is a kind of corruption called nepotism. Nepotism is patronage bestowed or favoritism shown on the basis of relationship, as in business and politics: Tinubu prefers Muslims and installed muslims as governors of all the APC states. Are there no Smarter Christians in the Party? Is Fashola Smarter than Pedro? Are there no Smarter Christians? Now that it is hurting them, they are now complaining. Its sad that your greed has robbed your party and perharbs the nation. This is got nothing to do with religion. Let Tinubu and the party system that Installed all Muslims Governor be blamed. Let the Party Installed all Christians Governor for just 2hours and see what the reactions of the intolerable muslims would be. As much as I would like to see GEJ defeated at the pools, I would prefer Buhari/a Christian ticket or let GEJ mediocrity reign forever to spite TINUBU and his unnecessary religious bias (Something even the boko harams wont do). Very soon you would see them running to redemption camp e.t.c for Christian endorsement. For every 1 Fashola, there are a million Leke Alder, Pat Utomi, Olakunle Soriyan, Fela Durotoye...just to name few...

3 Likes

Re: APC drops Fashola As potential Vice Presidential Candidate. by Firefire(m): 1:25pm On Dec 01, 2014
emperorlog:

Have u been to Lagos before?

If you haven't been there do you have a TV set at home?

Funny dude...

No!

No sir!
Re: APC drops Fashola As potential Vice Presidential Candidate. by ayforme(m): 1:25pm On Dec 01, 2014
[color=#006600][/color] apc can only win If fashowa is allow to run for d presidency of their party. na dem sabi, Jonathan carry go jooor

1 Like

Re: APC drops Fashola As potential Vice Presidential Candidate. by AbdH: 1:29pm On Dec 01, 2014
[s]
adewex:
Only a Muslim can be the SUG president in The Polytechnic Ibadan, you must be a strong person if you are not a Muslim and want to be the president of any association on campus. that's the truth
[/s]
Re: APC drops Fashola As potential Vice Presidential Candidate. by PStacks(m): 1:29pm On Dec 01, 2014
This is sad for Nigeria.

The worst part is that Islam and Christianity are not our traditional religion but imported, and now its dictating to us.

1 Like

Re: APC drops Fashola As potential Vice Presidential Candidate. by OrlandoOwoh(m): 1:33pm On Dec 01, 2014
IyfeNamikaze:

Hahahaha... didn't the same thing happen in Afghanistan which is an Islamic nation to the core?
anyway it's either you're ignorant of that fact or you just denying it. whichever way it happened, the Muslims introduced quota system to sports. well informed adults and elders are aware of that fact!
Say only what you know.
Re: APC drops Fashola As potential Vice Presidential Candidate. by ebosed: 1:43pm On Dec 01, 2014
egift:

APC have loads of wise men who thinks better than your awkward tots
Re: APC drops Fashola As potential Vice Presidential Candidate. by emiye(m): 1:51pm On Dec 01, 2014
The election will be won and lost by APC in the south west and North central zones.
With Buhari as Presidential candadate, APC might struggle in the SW, except it has a strong and well loved VP candidate from the SW. APC needs at least 60% of SW votes, that will be a good showing in my opinion. After the presidential candidate is elected via primaries. I will advice a competent and professional hands do an extensive survey across the 6 Geo political zones of the possible combination and then sample the preference of electorates(those disappointed with jonathan) , A special bias for the SW region is really important., Let APC make no mistake, PDP will still get a sizable percentage of SW votes, it got 58% in 2011, it is very possible, it still gets over 40% in 2015, except APC nip the cancerous PDP in the bud

2 Likes

Re: APC drops Fashola As potential Vice Presidential Candidate. by chekasforchekas: 1:56pm On Dec 01, 2014
egift:

Tell us your State Governor, let us see if he is better or as good as Fashola? Mine is Chime and am happy with what he has done.
nwunem ooo

1 Like

Re: APC drops Fashola As potential Vice Presidential Candidate. by mikolo80: 2:05pm On Dec 01, 2014
Caseless:
Jst out ignorance, we've applied religion wrongly as a people. I think if we trully understand religion and what is stands for and what it preaches, it shouldn't deny us good men like fashola and Buhari as VP and president respectively.
See wetin religion don do us abeg...
DON'T WORRY HE'LL BE USED AS A MINISTER WHICH IS BETTER THAN A SPARE TIRE AS VP
Re: APC drops Fashola As potential Vice Presidential Candidate. by Kutunban: 2:06pm On Dec 01, 2014
SEHHYTEX:

http://www.punchng.com/news/apc-rules-out-fashola-as-vice-presidential-candidate/
Its quite unfortunate that APC has already lost the bid to occupy ASO ROCK with the reasons they gave, "that its likely a Muslim will be the presidential flag bearer of the party" with much emphasis on Gen. Muhammad Buhari. Even with the facts that there are other presidential aspirants in the party including a Christian vying for same position. Does that mean APC has already endorsed a presidential flag bearer before her primaries? Just asking please.

4 Likes

Re: APC drops Fashola As potential Vice Presidential Candidate. by Rhyle(m): 2:11pm On Dec 01, 2014
Its a deep pain in my heart about his fate been decided by the political religion game being played on BRF. Wait for your time and remain active. For now, till an oppurtunity comes for you, head for the senate.
Re: APC drops Fashola As potential Vice Presidential Candidate. by Nobody: 2:13pm On Dec 01, 2014
APC will remain opposition party until Nigeria split.
Re: APC drops Fashola As potential Vice Presidential Candidate. by JOETYNO: 2:15pm On Dec 01, 2014
dridowu:
This is a question sir. Fashola tried his best for Lagos. I am so sure your Gov did not do upto half of Fashola project . Tell me your state if are not ashame of him.

T.A ORJI. Abia State wink
Re: APC drops Fashola As potential Vice Presidential Candidate. by Kutunban: 2:22pm On Dec 01, 2014
[quote author=Desola post=28490056]Awon ode! Commenting without asking for the source of this fabrication!

I shake my head for Naija youths ohttp://www.punchng.com/news/apc-rules-out-fashola-as-vice-presidential-candidate/
Help your self

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nigerian Troops Arrest Terrorists Disguised As Women In Baga / Peter Obi: Guinness Handler Apologizes Over "Shut Up Your Dirty Mouth" Tweet / Pictures As Obidients March For Peter Obi In Calabar, Cross River State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.