Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,139 members, 7,852,871 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 07:35 AM

Look No Further... Its The Brake Pads - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Look No Further... Its The Brake Pads (929 Views)

Brake Pads And Brake Lining Which Is More Effective? / Nigerian Develops Brake Pads With Palm-Kernel Shells / Engine Goes Off When The Brake Is Applied In Motion. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Look No Further... Its The Brake Pads by Titan5g: 6:15am On Dec 01, 2014
Hello my friends . I wish to share this exciting revelation just in case you are experiencing such.
I have been hearing this clanging chain sound underneath my car on rough roads and bumps. The noise is a replica of the noise you hear from public buses e.t.c. cheesy
To resolve I have jacked up the car so many times to check for loose fittings, exhast, linkage, catalystic conveter , covers e.t.c all to no avail.
On Saturday 29th , I went to my mmechanic to do my brake jobs , and also to explain the sound to him.
Lo and behold, he showed me the rear pads having a clearance from the metal clips, hence allowing it to shake and vibrate at every rough road. He now added a soft ceramic material to give it some fitness.

This morning the car drives like its from honda factory and no sound, no vibrations , no clanging cool
2005 honda pilot EXL.

1 Like

Re: Look No Further... Its The Brake Pads by Nobody: 9:56am On Dec 01, 2014
Filling the gaps between brake pads and the caliper carrier with "soft ceramic" is not only foolhardy, it is dangerous.

I would advice you get the correct pads, or buy a new set that comes with the correct metal anti-rattle shims / retaining springs. Rather than endanger other road users.

3 Likes

Re: Look No Further... Its The Brake Pads by Titan5g: 4:58pm On Dec 09, 2014
I will Sir Siena

(1) (Reply)

How Reliable Is The Toyota Hiace Bus? / A Ride With Diamond Eyes: The First Arab Supercar / What Happens When U Put Ur Car In Reverse While Driving?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.