Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,362 members, 7,812,026 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:36 AM

Nigeria's Naira Falls To Record Low Of 183.05 Against The Dollar- Reuters - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria's Naira Falls To Record Low Of 183.05 Against The Dollar- Reuters (4824 Views)

N600bn Debt: Contractors Abandon Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, 183 Others / 183 Osun "Observers" To Anambra Are Fake - INEC / Power Output Drops To Record Low Of 3714 MW (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria's Naira Falls To Record Low Of 183.05 Against The Dollar- Reuters by 4teenblaq: 4:11pm On Jul 03, 2022
JAMO84:
Jonathan did not face the kind of challenges Buhari faced.

Buhari faced, and is still facing what no any other president experienced since 1999.

When he came in, revenue oil immediately slumped by more than 60%, Niger Delta avengers destroyed oil production, COVID 19, Russia Ukraine war. Even now that oil price is high, production remain low, from 2.2m in 2014 to 1.4 million now.

If Buhari has the kind of revenue and stability Jonathan had, and NIGERIA is like this, I would have been the first person to start cursing him and his entire generation, but I did not spend so many years in school, just to do shallow analysis of situations like you. I hope you will be more civil in engaging people on public forum.

I have to reply you twice.. Because it is obvious you wasted a lot of resources and time in school.

Stupid variation.

Covid 19 and Russian Ukraine war have nothing to do with foreign exchange in Nigeria.
I don't know how you guys make analysis with every rubbish that comes in your head.

You mentioned low reserve, who is responsible for low reserve?

Low oil price? Are you kidding us?
Nigeria’s average annual price of crude oil in 1999 was about $17.4 per barrel. It rose to $27.6 in 2000, dropped to $23.1 in 2001, and maintained a slight increase in 2002($24.3), 2003($28.1 ) and in 2004(36.5) respectively, data from the Organisation of Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) as quoted by Statista, a data analysis platform showed.

The data revealed that oil sold for $50.5 per barrel in 2005, $61 in 2006, $69 in 2007, $94.1 in 2008, $60.8 in 2009 and in 2010, oil price was $77.3.In 2011, the average annual price of oil had gotten to a record high of $107 per barrel, increasing to $109 per barrel in 2012, $105.8 in 2013 and touched $96.2 in 2014.

Tell us how much we are selling oil now!

Low production?, what ignited the low production?

JAMO84 tell us is it only during buhari tenure we experienced avengers or whatsoever destroying oil production?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria's Naira Falls To Record Low Of 183.05 Against The Dollar- Reuters by OLADD: 4:39pm On Jul 03, 2022
NgeneUkwenu:

Transformation my foot!

Useless government being chaired by a simpleton of a president!

I told someone last year, that this yeye man came but to bankrupt Nigeria!
Ngeneukwenu, this was your statement against Jonathan 7 years ago. How is your conscience now? Anyway, what adults see while sitting, children fail to see even while standing at the length of electric pole.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria's Naira Falls To Record Low Of 183.05 Against The Dollar- Reuters by jmoore(m): 4:56pm On Jul 03, 2022
JAMO84:
If gej was not voted out, it would have been 1500 naira to 1 dollar.

benardtotti:

Leave them they have no idea , even tho this government could have done better but they have saved Nigeria, its in the future many Nigerians will understand, that's why I hardly discuss political or economic issues here cos too many sentimental people.

'If GEJ was not voted out, terrorists will continue to wreak havoc'.

Terrorists are now doing promo up and down under your savior Buhari.
Re: Nigeria's Naira Falls To Record Low Of 183.05 Against The Dollar- Reuters by Ddeliverer007(m): 5:17pm On Jul 03, 2022
jmoore:

'If GEJ was not voted out, terrorists will continue to wreak havoc'.

Terrorists are now doing promo up and down under your savior Buhari.

embarassed
Re: Nigeria's Naira Falls To Record Low Of 183.05 Against The Dollar- Reuters by JAMO84: 5:41pm On Jul 03, 2022
4teenblaq:

I have to reply you twice.. Because it is obvious you wasted a lot of resources and time in school.

Stupid variation.

Covid 19 and Russian Ukraine war have nothing to do with foreign exchange in Nigeria.
I don't know how you guys make analysis with every rubbish that comes in your head.

You mentioned low reserve, who is responsible for low reserve?

Low oil price? Are you kidding us?
Nigeria’s average annual price of crude oil in 1999 was about $17.4 per barrel. It rose to $27.6 in 2000, dropped to $23.1 in 2001, and maintained a slight increase in 2002($24.3), 2003($28.1 ) and in 2004(36.5) respectively, data from the Organisation of Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) as quoted by Statista, a data analysis platform showed.

The data revealed that oil sold for $50.5 per barrel in 2005, $61 in 2006, $69 in 2007, $94.1 in 2008, $60.8 in 2009 and in 2010, oil price was $77.3.In 2011, the average annual price of oil had gotten to a record high of $107 per barrel, increasing to $109 per barrel in 2012, $105.8 in 2013 and touched $96.2 in 2014.

Tell us how much we are selling oil now!

Low production?, what ignited the low production?

JAMO84 tell us is it only during buhari tenure we experienced avengers or whatsoever destroying oil production?
It's useless having intellectual conversation with you. I told you the most important determinant factor in comparative analysis is variable.

You cannot be comparing Obasanjo era with Jonathan, let alone Buhari. Obasanjo era population was 120m Jonathan 180 Buhari 200.

For proper context, can you survive today on your 2005 salary?

If you want to use the same logic to compare Obasanjo and Jonathan, why did Jonathan government have to borrow to pay salary, when his average oil price for 5 years was $100 per barrel?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Naira Falls To Record Low Of 183.05 Against The Dollar- Reuters by 4teenblaq: 8:01pm On Jul 03, 2022
JAMO84:
It's useless having intellectual conversation with you. I told you the most important determinant factor in comparative analysis is variable.

You cannot be comparing Obasanjo era with Jonathan, let alone Buhari. Obasanjo era population was 120m Jonathan 180 Buhari 200.

For proper context, can you survive today on your 2005 salary?

If you want to use the same logic to compare Obasanjo and Jonathan, why did Jonathan government have to borrow to pay salary, when his average oil price for 5 years was $100 per barrel?

It is apparently a bad decision engaging you because you are void of the intellect you claimed that you have.

You are now using "population" as variable..

As if it is only Nigeria that her population are increasing..
Please dust those variables and look beyond sentiment.. You show be asking why there is any of these variables there: why is there "low price/production" there you know this government is more than clueless and backward.

Instead of you to tackle the government for failing to rule the nation based on their promises you are here defending dust..

Na buhari make am be say you no fit use 2005 salary dey living life now.. If he had planned properly we wouldn't have be in this big mess.
Re: Nigeria's Naira Falls To Record Low Of 183.05 Against The Dollar- Reuters by Ddeliverer007(m): 8:18pm On Jul 03, 2022
4teenblaq:

It is apparently a bad decision engaging you because you are void of the intellect you claimed that you have.

Please dust those variables and look beyond sentiment.. You show be asking why there is any of these variables there: why is there "low price/production" there you know this government is more than clueless and backward.

Instead of you to tackle the government for failing to rule the nation based on their promises you are here defending dust..

Na buhari make am be say you no fit use 2005 salary dey living life now.. If he had planned properly we wouldn't have be in this big mess.

I wonder why you are engaging that idiot. He’s obviously a troll, so don’t feed him else he will keep needling you. Don’t give him that attention.
Re: Nigeria's Naira Falls To Record Low Of 183.05 Against The Dollar- Reuters by JAMO84: 9:57pm On Jul 03, 2022
4teenblaq:

Ok I heard you. Stay safe
Re: Nigeria's Naira Falls To Record Low Of 183.05 Against The Dollar- Reuters by jmoore(m): 3:22pm On Jul 24, 2022
The mods don't want to put this on the front-page.
Hypocrites!!
Re: Nigeria's Naira Falls To Record Low Of 183.05 Against The Dollar- Reuters by Obojuju: 3:23pm On Jul 24, 2022
As at today, one dollar is equal to N660

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Another Proof That GEJ Purchased Arms For The Nigerian Military (pics) / ‘I Met $3.7 Billion In Reserve, While Buhari Met $30 Billion’ – Obasanjo / 30th May: Biafrans Visit General Effiongs Wife, Raise Flag In His Compound(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.