Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,381 members, 7,812,123 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:40 AM

Nigeria's Naira Falls To Record Low Of 183.05 Against The Dollar- Reuters - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria's Naira Falls To Record Low Of 183.05 Against The Dollar- Reuters (4825 Views)

N600bn Debt: Contractors Abandon Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, 183 Others / 183 Osun "Observers" To Anambra Are Fake - INEC / Power Output Drops To Record Low Of 3714 MW (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria's Naira Falls To Record Low Of 183.05 Against The Dollar- Reuters by Nobody: 3:08pm On Dec 01, 2014
Firefire:

It is well.

From 157.54 to Bleep (Not very sure yet) embarassed

SME would suffer more...

Now you are getting the salient gist......
Re: Nigeria's Naira Falls To Record Low Of 183.05 Against The Dollar- Reuters by Firefire(m): 3:09pm On Dec 01, 2014
NgeneUkwenu:

Sorry! You are a poor economist! What do you think a foreign reserve is meant for outside stabilizing the naira in times of volatility, especially in a mono economy like ours?

Though I know you as a die hard jonathanian who neither sees nor hears evil about the shoeless otuoke thief, please stay clear of this subject as I dey vex this afternoon!

Your vexation and anger cannot reduce the exchange rate, it would only make a monkey out of you. tongue

So, let face our worst fear
Re: Nigeria's Naira Falls To Record Low Of 183.05 Against The Dollar- Reuters by Firefire(m): 3:12pm On Dec 01, 2014
ilugunboy:

Now you are getting the salient gist......

I fall in both category. The pain is huge... But it shall pass.
Re: Nigeria's Naira Falls To Record Low Of 183.05 Against The Dollar- Reuters by orimsamsam(m): 3:13pm On Dec 01, 2014
iykemoney90:
Gej till 2019
. Dont u ave anithing else to say
Re: Nigeria's Naira Falls To Record Low Of 183.05 Against The Dollar- Reuters by Nobody: 3:13pm On Dec 01, 2014
Firefire:

I fall in both category. The pain is huge... But it shall pass.

Eyah sorry about that.......

We can only pass this if we are courageous enough to tell the politicians that they can't always take us for granted as we can always change them.
Re: Nigeria's Naira Falls To Record Low Of 183.05 Against The Dollar- Reuters by Firefire(m): 3:26pm On Dec 01, 2014
ilugunboy:

Eyah sorry about that.......

[b]We can only pass this if we are courageous enough to tell the politicians that they can't always take us for granted [/b]as we can always change them.

Boss,

I agree with you absolutely.

Nigeria demand for fx have never being high like in recent time;

- Procurement of Military Hardware's in USD

- Our politicians have dollarize Nigeria economy

- Low oil prices

- etc.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Naira Falls To Record Low Of 183.05 Against The Dollar- Reuters by Nobody: 3:29pm On Dec 01, 2014
Firefire:

Boss,

I agree with you absolutely.

Nigeria demand for fx have never being high like in recent time;

- Procurement of Military Hardware's in USD

- Our politicians have dollarize Nigeria economy

- Low oil prices

- etc.

A very bad economic policy if you ask me....

Only in Nigeria would you see some upscale neighborhood quoting rents in dollars and the goverment would not see anything wrong in that....
Re: Nigeria's Naira Falls To Record Low Of 183.05 Against The Dollar- Reuters by Firefire(m): 3:37pm On Dec 01, 2014
ilugunboy:

A very bad economic policy if you ask me....

Only in Nigeria would you see some upscale neighborhood quoting rents in dollars and the goverment would not see anything wrong in that....

We need a bloodless revival in NIGERIA.
Re: Nigeria's Naira Falls To Record Low Of 183.05 Against The Dollar- Reuters by Nobody: 3:43pm On Dec 01, 2014
Firefire:

We need a bloodless revival in NIGERIA.

I think we should change this present government to send a clear message that sovereignty resides in the people and that ultimate power lies also in the people and not some self-serving conniving thieves....

If the other party proves to be bad too.....we change it in the next election......that is democracy.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Naira Falls To Record Low Of 183.05 Against The Dollar- Reuters by Firefire(m): 3:51pm On Dec 01, 2014
ilugunboy:

I think we should change this present government to send a clear message that sovereignty resides in the people and that ultimate power lies also in the people and not some self-serving conniving thieves....

If the other party proves to be bad too.....we change it in the next election......that is democracy.

Yes! ALL present government across board should be change. From installed LG councillors to LG chairmen, state governors, federal and states legislooters, commissioners, ministers and the president.

Then we should never allow recycled politicians in the seat of power.

New faces with fresh ideas could help Nigeria.

Shalom!
Re: Nigeria's Naira Falls To Record Low Of 183.05 Against The Dollar- Reuters by Nobody: 3:53pm On Dec 01, 2014
Firefire:

Yes! ALL present government across board should be change. From installed LG councillors to LG chairmen, state governors, federal and states legislooters, commissioners, ministers and the president.

Then we should never allow recycled politicians in the seat of power.

New faces with fresh ideas could help Nigeria.

Shalom!

Sorry....just saw your signature now.....how far with the guy? I lost track of the thread...
Re: Nigeria's Naira Falls To Record Low Of 183.05 Against The Dollar- Reuters by Firefire(m): 4:01pm On Dec 01, 2014
ilugunboy:

Sorry....just saw your signature now.....how far with the guy? I lost track of the thread...

The guy is getting better, we thank God!

"We are pleased to say that his kidneys are okay as there is no need for any more dialysis, he is still adding weight, he is stable and has improved considerably" - r231

https://www.nairaland.com/1995601/sos-please-hamed-djdola/67#28442210

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Naira Falls To Record Low Of 183.05 Against The Dollar- Reuters by Pennywise(m): 4:03pm On Dec 01, 2014
Utter catastrophe. May God help us.
Re: Nigeria's Naira Falls To Record Low Of 183.05 Against The Dollar- Reuters by Nobody: 4:04pm On Dec 01, 2014
Firefire:

The guy is getting better, we thank God!

"We are pleased to say that his kidneys are okay as there is no need for any more dialysis, he is still adding weight, he is stable and has improved considerably" - r231

https://www.nairaland.com/1995601/sos-please-hamed-djdola/67#28442210

Good news...!!!

Thanks for the link..
Re: Nigeria's Naira Falls To Record Low Of 183.05 Against The Dollar- Reuters by Nobody: 5:04pm On Dec 01, 2014
a dollar will be N750 by february 2015. quote me on that
Re: Nigeria's Naira Falls To Record Low Of 183.05 Against The Dollar- Reuters by Nobody: 5:23pm On Dec 01, 2014
ilugunboy:

I think the panic measure of devaluation of the Naira sent very wrong signals..both to foreign portfolio holders and Nigerians with foreign exchange exposure.

A good economy with good reserves should have been able to defend the national currency for at least 6 months.....but here we ran into trouble just after 2 months.
Nigeria dey panic mode now, even soldiers for war front dey panic infront of IED wielding boko-haramite!
Re: Nigeria's Naira Falls To Record Low Of 183.05 Against The Dollar- Reuters by Nobody: 5:28pm On Dec 01, 2014
diluminati:
a dollar will be N750 by february 2015. quote me on that

Abeggggyyyy ooooooo grin grin
Re: Nigeria's Naira Falls To Record Low Of 183.05 Against The Dollar- Reuters by BlackTechnology: 6:13pm On Dec 01, 2014
NgeneUkwenu:

Sorry! You are a poor economist! What do you think a foreign reserve is meant for outside stabilizing the naira in times of volatility, especially in a mono economy like ours?

Though I know you as a die hard jonathanian who neither sees nor hears evil about the shoeless otuoke thief, please stay clear of this subject as I dey vex this afternoon!

You are the ignorant one here.

Preservation of our foreign reserve is the most important thing right now since we are an importing nation.

Imagine BH escalates and we are unable to acquire weapons because we don't have dollars to buy weapons.

Don't think of today and forget tomorrow.

The person I will blame more is Sanusi who failed to re-invest some fraction of our foreign reserve into
1) other exportable products
2) international joint partnership of establishing industries whose products constitute our greatest Import and exert the greatest pressure on our foreign reserve.
Re: Nigeria's Naira Falls To Record Low Of 183.05 Against The Dollar- Reuters by Nelsizzy(m): 6:34pm On Dec 01, 2014
ilugunboy:

I think the panic measure of devaluation of the Naira sent very wrong signals..both to foreign portfolio holders and Nigerians with foreign exchange exposure.

A good economy with good reserves should have been able to defend the national currency for at least 6 months.....but here we ran into trouble just after 2 months.
That is why proper planning is necessary. With the way things are going, the future is dark for Nigeria
Re: Nigeria's Naira Falls To Record Low Of 183.05 Against The Dollar- Reuters by lilflipnerd: 7:05pm On Dec 01, 2014
BlackTechnology would always have an excuse for the clueless one.
I feel the Problem with Firefire is trust.. him sef no like jonathan like that

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Naira Falls To Record Low Of 183.05 Against The Dollar- Reuters by BlackTechnology: 7:15pm On Dec 01, 2014
lilflipnerd:
BlackTechnology would always have an excuse for the clueless one.
I feel the Problem with Firefire is trust.. him sef no like jonathan like that

Am not defending GEJ but endangered Nigerians.

Do you know that one major factor that handicapped Biafra was Ojukwu's financial adviser who failed to convert the 20million Nigerian pounds in the account of Eastern region to dollar. If Ojukwu's finance minister had done that, Awo's policy of changing the Nigerian pounds wont have made our 20million pounds worthless depriving us a means to finance the war.

Nigeria needs to preserve as many dollar as possible in case of any problem.

Guy think of tomorrow not just today.
Re: Nigeria's Naira Falls To Record Low Of 183.05 Against The Dollar- Reuters by iluvnaija: 8:14pm On Dec 01, 2014
We will soon be seeing a single currency of N10.000 enjoy the fresh air.
Re: Nigeria's Naira Falls To Record Low Of 183.05 Against The Dollar- Reuters by Ddeliverer007(m): 10:04pm On Jul 02, 2022
Please Nigerians, how much is naira to dollar today? Remind me…

Y’all tell Buhari and his agents to take us back..

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria's Naira Falls To Record Low Of 183.05 Against The Dollar- Reuters by Sergio101(m): 10:05pm On Jul 02, 2022
NgeneUkwenu:

Transformation my foot!

Useless government being chaired by a simpleton of a president!

I told someone last year, that this yeye man came but to bankrupt Nigeria!

How about today?? grin.

Shameless Fufu bag

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria's Naira Falls To Record Low Of 183.05 Against The Dollar- Reuters by Ddeliverer007(m): 10:17pm On Jul 02, 2022
The same people that were insulting Goodluck then are praising Buhari now.

I’m embarrassed…

These are the real enemies of Nigerians. They are paid to lie and deceive the gullibles.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Naira Falls To Record Low Of 183.05 Against The Dollar- Reuters by Rival(m): 10:20pm On Jul 02, 2022
Are they still complaining?
Re: Nigeria's Naira Falls To Record Low Of 183.05 Against The Dollar- Reuters by Ddeliverer007(m): 10:22pm On Jul 02, 2022
Rival:
Are they still complaining?

Who is they?
Re: Nigeria's Naira Falls To Record Low Of 183.05 Against The Dollar- Reuters by Mstick: 10:31pm On Jul 02, 2022
This one was crying and insulting Jonathan that dollar was #183.05, now dollar is #620 and she's still supporting Buhari and campaigning for Tinubu.

grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria's Naira Falls To Record Low Of 183.05 Against The Dollar- Reuters by Ddeliverer007(m): 10:51pm On Jul 02, 2022
Mstick:
This one was crying and insulting Jonathan that dollar was #183.05, now dollar is #620 and she's still supporting Buhari and campaigning for Tinubu.

grin

They are being paid. Paid to deceive. Paid to lie. Paid to beguile.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria's Naira Falls To Record Low Of 183.05 Against The Dollar- Reuters by omoharry(f): 10:53pm On Jul 02, 2022
What a shame to APC govt.that dollar is now 618 in black market as at today ..Only mouth dem sabi make ..

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Naira Falls To Record Low Of 183.05 Against The Dollar- Reuters by jmoore(m): 10:58pm On Jul 02, 2022
kokoA:
This is the work of APC and haters of GEJ, they devalued the naira to make GEJ's government look bad.. grin
Happy New year!!
Re: Nigeria's Naira Falls To Record Low Of 183.05 Against The Dollar- Reuters by jmoore(m): 11:00pm On Jul 02, 2022
NgeneUkwenu:

StanbicIbtc just called me this morning for my loan restructuring! I feel like clubbing to death any jonathan I meet on my way now!

Useless government!
You want to kill Jonathan? Do you want to kill Buhari now? It's 600 naira to 1 dollar.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lagos Is Not A ‘no Man’s Land’ But… / Sheikh Zakzaky Court Hearing Slated For May 18 / Just Wondering How We Came To This Level Intellectually [photo]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.