Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,565 members, 7,816,381 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:30 AM

Will You Still Leave Your Child With The Housemaid? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Will You Still Leave Your Child With The Housemaid? (3667 Views)

When You Stay Abroad And Leave Your Wife And Little Kids Back Home / Ladies ; Would You leave Your Husband In A Place Like This (photo) / Photo: What Would You Do If You Came Home And Saw Your Child Like This!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will You Still Leave Your Child With The Housemaid? by iconize(m): 8:11pm On Dec 01, 2014
I've heard stories of house maids abusing their employer's kids sexually and also beating them up unnecessarily.

Physical assault - I'll be using the case of the Ugandan housemaid and the kid she's supposed to take care of - to throw my question.

As a father/mother, "would" you still kick-around on leaving your small child with some random house maids even after watching this particular video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgJECnbWXqE

The video above clearly show - a profane and devilish housemaid throwing a kid carelessly on the floor, slapping her very hard, kicking her on the head, standing on her so hard and flogging her on her bare butt with some hard stuff.
Re: Will You Still Leave Your Child With The Housemaid? by Lianaluv(f): 8:20pm On Dec 01, 2014
Yes my housemaid is like my daughter. I don't treat her bad and she doesn't treat my son bad. FTC. Happy new mth pipu.

3 Likes

Re: Will You Still Leave Your Child With The Housemaid? by lertee(f): 8:28pm On Dec 01, 2014
I have never been a fan of housemaid due to the experience I had while growing up. The maids end up stealing valuable things or leaving the door open for petty thieves.

I'd prefer a creche until the kids are ready for school.

4 Likes

Re: Will You Still Leave Your Child With The Housemaid? by Nobody: 8:29pm On Dec 01, 2014
No, not with a random one but with one I feel I can trust.
Re: Will You Still Leave Your Child With The Housemaid? by holatin(m): 8:34pm On Dec 01, 2014
Y should my wife need an house girl
Re: Will You Still Leave Your Child With The Housemaid? by iconize(m): 8:45pm On Dec 01, 2014
carefreewannabe:

I'm sure the parents of the Ugandan kid trusted their housemaid if not they wouldn't have left their kid with her. undecided
Re: Will You Still Leave Your Child With The Housemaid? by thorpido(m): 8:49pm On Dec 01, 2014
Why not?
Are housemaids not homo sapiens?
Re: Will You Still Leave Your Child With The Housemaid? by Nobody: 8:51pm On Dec 01, 2014
iconize:

I'm sure the parents of the Ugandan kid trusted their housemaid if not they wouldn't have left their kid with her. undecided

Millions of parents have been employing housemaids around the world and in most cases nothing happened, should everyone stop now because of this case?

There are teachers who have abused their students, should all parents stop their kids from going to school now?

There have been priests and pastors who have abused kids, should everyone stop going to church and mistrust every pastor?

Uncles and aunts have abused kids, should we mistrust all family members now?

1 Like

Re: Will You Still Leave Your Child With The Housemaid? by Kimoni: 8:51pm On Dec 01, 2014
Definitely but with all necessary precautions.
Re: Will You Still Leave Your Child With The Housemaid? by otukpo(f): 8:52pm On Dec 01, 2014
I wish I have a choice.
Re: Will You Still Leave Your Child With The Housemaid? by iconize(m): 8:55pm On Dec 01, 2014
Lianaluv:
Yes my housemaid is like my daughter. I don't treat her bad and she doesn't treat my son bad. FTC. Happy new mth pipu.

Some housemaids after been mal-treated by their employer(s) - vent their anger on their employer's kids.

But venting your anger on a 3year old child probably because her mum is maltreating you is simply ridiculous and devilish. undecided
Re: Will You Still Leave Your Child With The Housemaid? by otukpo(f): 9:00pm On Dec 01, 2014
carefreewannabe:

How does the trust work with somebody you don't know from adam?
Re: Will You Still Leave Your Child With The Housemaid? by Nobody: 9:08pm On Dec 01, 2014
otukpo:

How does the trust work with somebody you don't know from adam?

You can employ someone someone else knows or someone who has got credentials.

Apart from this, when I saw the video of the Ugandan girl, it was obvious that the girl didn't do it to the child for the first time.
This also explains why the parents put up cameras. I would sack a nanny by the time I realize that my child is scared of her. The child must have shown signs, it is impossible she didn't.

I used to babysit at the beginning of my studies. The kids were 18 months, 3 years old and 6 years old and each time I arrived at their house, they were happy to see me, jumping, shouting hello and giving me kisses. It was obvious I treated them right.

Sh*it happens, it is unfortunately not always possible for us to protect our kids like we want to but I am definitely not the type to become hysterical over a single case. I have seen plenty of wonderful nannies, and in fact more positive than negative examples.

1 Like

Re: Will You Still Leave Your Child With The Housemaid? by iconize(m): 9:12pm On Dec 01, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Millions of parents have been employing housemaids around the world and in most cases nothing happened, should everyone stop now because of this case?

There are teachers who have abused their students, should all parents stop their kids from going to school now?

There have been priests and pastors who have abused kids, should everyone stop going to church and mistrust every pastor?

We're talking about a 3year old girl here.

You said students - now, a student is a person studying at a place of higher education. The age of an average student is probably not below 14years.

A teacher can't assault a student that way as the student will run or fight back.

But here we're talking about a helpless 3year old kid.

When you say priests and pastors abuse kids, are you talking about sexual abuse or physical abuse?

Remember, we're talking about the type of physical abuse the Ugandan kid suffered.
Re: Will You Still Leave Your Child With The Housemaid? by Nobody: 9:13pm On Dec 01, 2014
iconize:

We're talking about a 3year old girl here.

You said students - now, a student is a person studying at a place of higher education. The age of an average student is probably not below 14years.

A teacher won't assault a student that way as the student will run or fight back.

But here we're talking about a helpless 3year old kid.

When you say priests and pastors abuse kids, are you talking about sexual abuse or physical abuse?

Remember, we're talking about the type of physical abuse the Ugandan kid suffered.

The age of the average student is 14? shocked

So kids don't go to school earlier? They start school at 14?

Come on!
Re: Will You Still Leave Your Child With The Housemaid? by iconize(m): 9:29pm On Dec 01, 2014
carefreewannabe:

The age of the average student is 14? shocked

So kids don't go to school earlier? They start school at 14?

Come on!

In Germany "the comprehensive" high school is for age 16 and above.

In Nigeria, some enter high school at 11/12.

Do you strongly think an eleven year old child can be abused that way?
Re: Will You Still Leave Your Child With The Housemaid? by Nobody: 9:36pm On Dec 01, 2014
Why not?
If u treat ur paid househelp like ur kid, there is no way she or he won't be good to ur kids. Common psychology.
Make them ur friend and don't talk or look down on them. Even though u pay d person, u can still help d person grow.

Ur house help shouldn't be eating inside d kitchen, that's abuse.
Anybody that's living with u is part of family and should be treated so.
She should hv her own time off. If she wanna fix nail or hair, don't see that as competition but a young woman that wanna grow and be like u. And nothing stops u from buying things for her.
So tell me, why will she treat ur family bad?
Even if she had a rough upbringing, help her erase d memory and fill it with loving memory and bonding.

Such person will worship d ground u walk on.

1 Like

Re: Will You Still Leave Your Child With The Housemaid? by Nobody: 9:37pm On Dec 01, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Even parents abuse and molest their own children day in day out.
Re: Will You Still Leave Your Child With The Housemaid? by cococandy(f): 9:38pm On Dec 01, 2014
undecided undecided undecided
Re: Will You Still Leave Your Child With The Housemaid? by Nobody: 9:43pm On Dec 01, 2014
iconize:

In Germany "the comprehensive" high school is for age 16 and above.

In Nigeria, some enter high school at 11/12.

Do you strongly think an eleven year old child can be abused that way?

What??

At 16 some children leave school if they choose to go for vocational training and not to university.

Children start school at the age of 6.
Re: Will You Still Leave Your Child With The Housemaid? by Nobody: 9:44pm On Dec 01, 2014
ileobatojo:

sad sad sad

True.
Re: Will You Still Leave Your Child With The Housemaid? by Kbdon(m): 9:55pm On Dec 01, 2014
lertee:
I have never been a fan of housemaid due to the experience I had while growing up. The maids end up stealing valuable things or leaving the door open for petty thieves.

I'd prefer a creche until the kids are ready for school.
u only sound reasonable because u r a fan of iceprince zamani
Re: Will You Still Leave Your Child With The Housemaid? by iconize(m): 10:00pm On Dec 01, 2014
carefreewannabe:

What??

At 16 some children leave school if they choose to go for vocational training and not to university.

Children start school at the age of 6.

The average student is how many years old?

BTW, you said priests and pastors abuse kids - and I asked the type of abuse you meant.
Re: Will You Still Leave Your Child With The Housemaid? by Nobody: 10:03pm On Dec 01, 2014
iconize:

The average student is how man years old?

BTW, you said priests and pastors abuse kids - and I asked the type of abuse you meant.

What does it matter?

Children start school at the age of 6 in Germany.

Some Nigerians send their kids to school even earlier.
Teachers also abuse kids sometimes. You can also abuse a 10-year-old and even a 12 or 14-year-old.

Some adults have been abused and were too scared or too ashamed to speak out so what is your point?

I have made mine.
Re: Will You Still Leave Your Child With The Housemaid? by Nobody: 10:06pm On Dec 01, 2014
ileobatojo:

U r so right.
And u dare not reprimand that parent.

1 Like

Re: Will You Still Leave Your Child With The Housemaid? by Nobody: 10:08pm On Dec 01, 2014
iconize:

The average student is how many years old?

Why feign ignorant?
Re: Will You Still Leave Your Child With The Housemaid? by iconize(m): 11:35pm On Dec 01, 2014
carefreewannabe:

What does it matter?

Children start school at the age of 6 in Germany.

Some Nigerians send their kids to school even earlier.
Teachers also abuse kids sometimes. You can also abuse a 10-year-old and even a 12 or 14-year-old.

Some adults have been abused and were too scared or too ashamed to speak out so what is your point?

I have made mine.

Whoo!

Understand something,

In Germany, basically, children in elementary schools are not referred to as students. They're referred to as schulkinders.

You use "students" when you're making reference to peeps in high schools, colleges and universities.

That was the reason I said an average student is 14year old and also that a student would sure run or fight any teacher that tries to abuse him or her that way. undecided
Re: Will You Still Leave Your Child With The Housemaid? by Nobody: 7:17pm On Dec 02, 2014
iconize:

Whoo!

Understand something,

In Germany, basically, children in elementary schools are not referred to as students. They're referred to as schulkinders.

You use "students" when you're making reference to peeps in high schools, colleges and universities.

That was the reason I said an average student is 14year old and also that a student would sure run or fight any teacher that tries to abuse him or her that way. undecided

In the English language you speak of students when you refer to people who go to school OR university. We were speaking English, were we not?

And even if we change to German, it does not change the fact that people send their kids to school as early as at the age of 6 and earlier and that some kids have been abused by their teachers.
Re: Will You Still Leave Your Child With The Housemaid? by iconize(m): 8:27pm On Dec 02, 2014
carefreewannabe:

In the English language you speak of students when you refer to people who go to school OR university. We were speaking English, were we not?

And even if we change to German, it does not change the fact that people send their kids to school as early as at the age of 6 and earlier and that some kids have been abused by their teachers.

Yeah, our conversation was in English language.

However, I had my focus on high school students when you mentioned students - I was even calling you a crazy chic for saying that a student would be abused that way with no resistance. grin

Even in Nigeria, peeps called students are usually those in high schools and universities.

Now, I can tell you that no teacher in Europe will physically abuse a child under her care that way.

Your child can get sexually abused by her teacher but to get physically abused that way is so impossible - we're talking about a child of 3years here. undecided

If I bring my child to school with no scars and wounds on her body, then, coming to pick her up I see scars on her body - the teacher would be owning me big.

I don't need a retinal scan to differentiate between wounds and scars caused by accident and those caused by beatings. undecided
Re: Will You Still Leave Your Child With The Housemaid? by Nobody: 8:30pm On Dec 02, 2014
iconize:

Yeah, our conversation was in English language.

However, I had my focus on high school students when you mentioned students - I was even calling you a crazy chic for saying that a student would be abused that way with no resistance. grin

Even in Nigeria, peeps called students are usually those in high schools and universities.

Now, I can tell you that no teacher in Europe will physically abuse a child under her care that way.

Your child can get sexually abused by her teacher but to get physically abused that way is so impossible - we're talking about a child of 3years here.
undecided

If I bring my child to school with no scars and wounds on her body, then, coming to pick her up I see scars on her body - the teacher would be owning me big.

I don't need a retinal scan to differentiate between wounds and scars caused by accident and those caused by beatings. undecided

It does not change the fact that parents send little kids to school and that some teachers have abused them.

@bold

Same for kids who stay at home with their nannies. What is the difference here?
You would not confront a nanny when you come back home and something happened to your child?
Re: Will You Still Leave Your Child With The Housemaid? by iconize(m): 8:42pm On Dec 02, 2014
carefreewannabe:

It does not change the fact that parents send little kids to school and that some teachers have abused them.

@bold

Same for kids who stay at home with their nannies. What is the difference here?
You would not confront a nanny when you come back home and something happened to your child?

Remember, we're talking about the type of physical abuse the Ugandan child suffered. undecided

In my entire life, I've never heard that a child was abused that way by her teacher, priest or pastor.

You barely see a teacher flogging a child of 6 and below, not to talk of - physically abusing her by throwing her carelessly on the floor, kicking her head so hard, flogging her on her bare butt and standing on her. undecided

Have you ever heard that a priest, pastor or teacher did those things to a child? If yes, share with us.
Re: Will You Still Leave Your Child With The Housemaid? by Nobody: 8:46pm On Dec 02, 2014
iconize:

Remember, we're talking about the type of physical abuse the Ugandan child suffered. undecided

In my entire life, I've never heard that a child was abused that way by her teacher, priest or pastor.

You barely see a teacher flogging a child of 6 and below, not to talk of - physically abusing her by throwing her carelessly on the floor, kicking her head so hard, flogging her on her bare butt and standing on her. undecided

Have you ever heard that a priest, pastor or teacher did those things to a child? If yes, share with us.

You have never heard of kids being se*xually abused by teachers or pastors? Really? shocked
Is se*xual abuse better?

Here you go:

https://www.nairaland.com/2011772/parents-warned#28285675

And if you want to know what Catholics priests have been doing for decades, just google the words Catholic + child abuse.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fun Places In Abuja For Kids / Have You Seen A Fine Girl Today?? / Male And Female Trainers• Sneakers • Loafers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.