Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,663 members, 7,955,398 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 03:31 AM

To Flog Or NOT To Flog A Child... - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / To Flog Or NOT To Flog A Child... (667 Views)

That Moment When The Most Dreaded Teacher Wants To Flog You / Non-Academic Staff Lock Entrances To UNICAL, Flog CSO / Soldiers Flog Abuja University Students Out Of Hostel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

To Flog Or NOT To Flog A Child... by EmuesiriAlex(m): 10:03pm On Dec 01, 2014
I've confused if flogging is still proper in Nigerian schools.
Re: To Flog Or NOT To Flog A Child... by holatin(m): 10:05pm On Dec 01, 2014
yes !
koboko resetting children factory setting since 1946 to end of time.
beating is allowed

2 Likes

Re: To Flog Or NOT To Flog A Child... by Texykool: 10:22pm On Dec 01, 2014
We don't spare the rod in Nigeria... Don't know if it is allowed in France sha grin
Re: To Flog Or NOT To Flog A Child... by akinsadeez(m): 11:14pm On Dec 01, 2014
Depends on the school and the amount being paid as school fees. I support flogging but it has to be with moderation
Re: To Flog Or NOT To Flog A Child... by xpac01(m): 11:33pm On Dec 01, 2014
I believe the rod should be made for correction and not as a tool for venting of anger on a younger one. When a child is been flogged, we need to expressly let the child know why he/she is being strapped with the rod. Also more importantly while doing this, let's mind the words used, cos, words has the power to destroy a child confidence forever. Words like, you are a 'stupid, hopeless child' is no no. This has made me withdraw my cousin brother from a school. The rod can be good and bad all that matters is the words and intent backing the usage. Please lets use the rod with love. Tank.

(1) (Reply)

.... / Lessons 4rm Mosquito / Over 70 Percent Of WAEC Candidates “fail” Exams

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.